Should I rid myself of my transcendental illusions?

Should I rid myself of my transcendental illusions?

It feels so wrong to let it go.

Only if you're a Kantian.

Rid yourself of all spooks and make sure to not fall for new ones on this board, like faith in technology, trans-humanism and automation.

Bit it feels like ripping out my own flesh, I am one with the spooks. I even feel awfull while watching horror movies, it's that bad.

If the transcendental existed would anime be restricted to 2D?

Anime isn't 2d, neither does it represent 3d. It is unhuman, notably different from inhuman in the sense that something needs to be human to be inhuman.

Recognize that this is a fictional self, a mask you wear because wearing masks is what society expects of you the mask contains the true beauty within. Tear it away and let the you shine through.

Alien 3 (assembly cut) is my favorite Alien over Aliens. Alien, Alien 3, Aliens.

Be as unphased by brutal cynicism as I am and enjoy more horror.

A soul is split, it doesn't just occupy the body, the losses of others are our own, their joy our fulfillment, or vice versa, so I feel obligated to others and guilt over detachment.

I can't really imagine a sublime authenticity, would it mean blurting out whatever enters my mind, having no secrets for others, being pure impulse, scheming to fulfill my desires in every action or a simple cynical realization that I'm an egoist no matter what and that the only point is in perfecting it?

It's to real to me.

You're going to miss when you had such a visceral reaction to horror eventually.

Then you should feel guilt over your current state rather than your unmasked one. The mask attaches you to social constructs - spooks - and separates you from your peers. You have to relate to them through your mask and through their masks.

Because there is no such thing. To be authentic is to be a total nihilist. To realize that at the bottom of it all you are nothing. You are void. The mask is you creating yourself in order to relate to the world. Casting it off, you may then create your relations directly, free of identity. Understand that you do not really exist, your idea of yourself is simply a tool by which a particular eddy of the universe sustains itself.

It would be recognizing that your mind as you see it is merely a filament of a larger social fabric and that your consciousness is the mask translating the actions of your ego into that social context.

That's a nice aspiration I guess but it's wholly unnecessary.

You already are pure impulse the trick is to let go of the rationalization that happens after the fact.

You already do this, but your vision is clouded by the spooks. Despooking will allow you to do this with clarity.

You are an ego, to perfect this process is to be an egoist.

That is some high level philosophical etymology right there.

I don't understand what you practically mean with an unmasked state, I can't unlearn language, I can't purify myself to whatever the authentic state might be and to be honest I can't see why I should attempt so either.

Why is it a matter of masks, unreal representations that completely cover the real, making it so unknowable that it can only be hinted at as the great unknowable?

I do somewhat understand this in a practical sense, that of there being a discord between how we see ourselves and how we actually are, and all the tension and conflict it brings with it. This is however a psychological deficit that cannot be solved by simply stating that now I'm philosophically done with the spooks and the masks.

The spooks are the incentives, the ghosts in the machine, ideology is not a clouded vision, a lens, which can be removed so that a true objectivity and authenticity can be found beneath. Ideology or spooks, is us assessing reality, not a disturbance of this process.

I feel that the ego is more like the big other of the egoist than himself.

The mask is nothing more than a metaphor for your self-image. I'm being a bit of a pretentious twat, but I'm doing that because that sort of language speaks to a different part of you. What lies under the mask is nothing. The revelation is that you are the mask creating itself, so you can discard what is not useful to you and unburden your creative nothingness.

Spooks are more specific than ideology. They are fixed ideas - concepts that are anchored by belief rather than material - that have you work for their benefit. They are memetic viruses basically.

Discarding the ego is taking a step beyond egoism but you have to get to egoism first.

I'm not seeing any revelation, only a metaphor of myself as a mask that creates itself. It's begging the question.

What irks me about such notions are their sterility, the emptiness, the notion that there is only material stuff to be consumed in the most optimal way, the totalitarian perfect servant, to the self, but with servitude remaining as axiom.

I can not find the authenticity and self-realization I struggle with by cleansing myself, I'm not contaminated, I'm torn.

up.. up.. and through the astral plane

The thing is there is no authenticity. There is merely your organism. Egoism is the realization that you are a beast programmed to meet your needs. Egoism is the understanding that the best you can do for yourself is to work within the framework you have to please yourself to the best of your ability. It's not a moral obligation or anything like that, it's simply an observation of what is already true. You are held back by the idea that you should have some authenticity or higher meaning but the fact is there is no meaning. Only when you embrace the lack of meaning and the mechanics you operate on are you an Egoist

And you become post-ego by realizing the boundary between you and everything else is aritifice, just a tool to make it easier to understand what's going on.

What's the name of this character? I wanna look her up in Gelbooru.

A program, held back by bugs that prevents it's from running it's function. This makes me think of a guy I used to talk to, who was convinced his purpose in life was the natural drive of evolution and meticulously planned it's every aspect to fulfill this uncovered goal. He ended up psychotic.

It's the one-dimensional view that runs counter to my understanding, that all there is mere pleased and not-pleased, that we are contaminated and realize our true selves through sterility. I could assume Egoism in a holographic model, but then again, I could do that with a lot more than egoism. Since I can only see the holograph, I will not narrow it by assuming a source and confining it according to it.

The point is that one of a human's basic drives is for novelty, creativity, art. Once you strip away the falsehoods that obscure your nothingness you can wield it to do things you previously would dare or imagine. It's not singular or one-dimensional, it's null. It's a total absence - nothing. Which means there is nothing to hide the currents on top of which your self is built. You can tap into the chaos of void below the surface and do with it as you will.

It's empty mysticism from which grandiose statement are derived, never describing or explaining it, only advertising it. The grandiosity doesn't follow from these winds of magic, the emptiness created to make place for this ideological black hole remains.

Also, the drive for creativity, novelty and art isn't prime, there are tribes who show no sign of it at all, actively spurring it.

Not really, but it doesn't have to be for you either.

What convinced you of this model?

I wasn't convinced of it per se. I arrived at it on my own through trying to find some deeper meaning and slowly realizing through self-reflection that I was mostly just a story I was telling myself. Much later I found Stirner and his ideas aligned somewhat with mine.

A meta-self can never be arrived at, it always remains particular, contextual. Delving to much into this messes with the borromean knot that ties us together, a psychotic state that is evident in the joycean writings of many a egoist-nihilist.

Eh. I have no trouble seeing myself as a fiction, a phantasm superimposed on intricate material processes. I don't really see the big deal about it either, but people tend to like spirituality and poetry when it comes to explaining the basics of reality.

I don't care for pseudoscience tbh fam.