The UK spends more money on its military budget than Russia

What in the actual fuck? I can understand the United States spending more, it's got about twice as many people, but… the fuck?

Armies that are build on national conscription via laws drops the costs for military down enormously.

Not to mention that Russian military is 3rd rate, just like the Georgian and Ukrainian wars have proven.

And don't forget KICKBACKS. I haven't looked into it but I'd bet a kidney that at least some of the guys who approve spending also invest in the suppliers.

WW3 when?

The UK has a much larger economy than Russia and does more imperialism its no surprise really

The UK has a bigger economy. Russia's economy is smaller than California ffs.

Never. M.A.D ended conventional wars between superpowers.

also China barely spends 1.5% but because the rest of their GDP is so big, they're miles ahead of everyone but America

Outsourced war doesn't count, magic of the statistics!

How much do Russian soldiers even get paid?

Godbless those intellectually honest statisticians.

in cheeki breeki quotas

PAPER TIGER
A huge chunk of these budgets is just corruption. Look at the American F35 jet. Russia is a pretty corrupt place too, but you don't see something like that going on. They can't afford it.

H-hey, we beat the Irish and the Argies okay, we're totally a world power

we could still easily btfo most countries if it came down to it.

Sure, we're definitely in the top ten, but I hate when people act like we are really one of the countries that decides the course of the world, we aren't.

What would you do with an extra kidney?

are they measuring crime rates or something? That map is complete nonsense.