So the entire world is being destroyed and turned into a combination of every dystopian trope and nobody's going to do...

So the entire world is being destroyed and turned into a combination of every dystopian trope and nobody's going to do anything or even talk about it, huh?

Honestly, I'm not sure, but this needs to at least be discussed before any solutions can arise. And nobody is doing that. shit/pol/ WANTS this to happen to serve their rich masters and Holla Forums I'm convinced are controlled opposition at this point and aren't even discussing it.

See comrade I have not enough boolets.

well, it depends on where tech goes

Who are you quoting?

Pathetic, isn't it?

There are revolutionary groups out there that could use your help.
Personally I have made peace with the fact the world as it stands today is beyond saving.

Resources will continue to deplete at an ever faster rate, population growth has still not leveled off, greenhouse gas emissions will continue to increase as developing nations want their slice of the pie, public and private debt are choking social mobility and prosperity, nuclear proliferation hasn't ceased, the migrant crisis will only get worse as the Arab world is on the brink of more instability, soon the means to manufacture apocalyptic bioweapons will be within reach of nihilistic terror organizations, and automation, including all the problems that it brings, will yank the engine out of the current global economic system. Thus ensuring guaranteed collapse.

We're on a collision course. We might not be able to stop it, but we can make sure something survives the coming nightmare. And left libertarian societies are some of our best political chances at making it through the upcoming darkest hour.

what would you have us do? The groups actually aware of where we're heading and what it will be like spend 99.9% of their waking lives at each other's throats.

So which dystopian thing do you want to talk about? Nanobots, cyborgs, android, AI, automation, surveillance? What did you really expect from the species that built the Atomic bomb before the Atomic reactor?

It's obvious where the priorities are.

Westworld has some similar themes.

I've yet to watch. Is it too depressing? Reality is kind of crazy enough right now.

It's very very dark but has some optimism hidden in it. You might want to wait just because season 2 doesn't air until 2018.

We're doomed.

Accelerationist memers.

Real acceleration is just smashing the "progressive" "centre" guiding us off the ravine, hastening class consciousness and forcing synthesis BEFORE they destroy us. The old models are dead already.

The memers who are just fast forward current bad capitalism are just trolls.

Yes, society is doomed. Just give up already.

The only film about a dystopian society which isn't depressing and has a very fun mood attached to it is Brazil

idk, i thought Brazil was unsettling and depressing

I love that movie. 10/10 taste in kino, user.

Brazil was one of my favorites growing up, although the 1984 ending was pretty depressing.

Brazil is like a fever dream. There are clever jokes but it's hardly "ha ha" funny.

kek