The French Revolution

How would you have handled it differently, if at all, Holla Forums? What can we learn about it from a Marxist perspective? Looking for books, videos, articles, anything about it from that angle.

Pic related, unironically and literally did nothing wrong.

Killed the ruling class far far less humanely. Anyone who thinks about putting up a sign that says "private property" should be shitting themselves in terror of what might happen to them.

The only issue is that they didn't go far enough.

They made all european monarchs crap their pants with fear…

Don't let the Girondins take power at any point.

Good books:
The Coming of the French Revolution by Georges Lefebvre.
A Revolutionary Life by Peter McPhee.

What would we have done differently in what stage exactly?
I actually read The Coming of the French Revolution by Georges Lefebvre and it had some useful things to keep in mind.

So…material conditions eventually push people to the breaking point of literally murdering and burning down their property of the class that oppresses them but it is for not much gain if they don't have leadership and consciousness…really makes you think

Why not mention George Rude's biography, that is by an actual Marxist biography of Robespierre instead of a bourgeois scholar?

Get the Cordeliers, Enrages or Montagnards into power immediately

Completely secularise and declasscuck France

Equality of all citizens

Wage war on foreign monarchies and despots

*the property
Dammit.

I haven't read that one. But McPhee's book is fine. It's fair and non-partisan, as far as I could tell.

different user but you should definitely read Rude's biography. It's written from an explicitly leftist perspective

But does it have the sweet sweet materialist analysis?

No, unfortunately not. Anyone have a pdf of Rude's bio? I'd definitely read it.

Should have listened to Proudhon smh

were the Cordeliers /our guys/?

They should've been shitting their guts out and dying.

THIS!

breddy rad

Some did, they got massacred

Proudhon was born in 1809

Truthfully you would've put under the guillotine as well.

oh
blame france for having two revolutions then

don't worry, France from 1789-1871 is insane and confuses anyone

That's fine by me, the revolution devours its children and so on.

They are perfect.

This to be honest. While I praise the French Revolution and republicanism, I think the issue was that the revolutionaries were based entirely on the sans culottes instead of being a sans culottes/peasant coalition. The revolution was centered too much in Paris. Federalism was the solution to prevent a conflict between the peasants and the urban sans culottes. (As well as Paris vs the different regions of France) Also, they didn't go far enough and settled with representative democracy.

The other mistake, committed by the bourgeois liberals before the Jacobins got into power, was eliminating all guilds and worker fraternities. The guilds could've easily been forced to integrate the sans culottes within their structures.

(Also, declaring war on Austria was a mistake. The Girodins dragged France into war with every other nation. Democratizing the army would've prevented a Napoleon from entering into power.)

Do whatever Robespierre would want to do tbh. Nigga did nothing wrong. Also don't go to war.

The French didn't want to go to war, but it was a necessary preemptive strike to save France, and it worked.

this

plus they helped spread revolution

was Napoleon the original Trot?

No, he was the original tankie.

Ah, so you would have gotten your country conquered and your revolution destroyed within 5 years. Nice job.

I wouldn't; he was perfect.

Why? There were millions of people yearning for change. Could've even spread the revolution furhter

id kill robespierre and free corsica

well that's a very interesting analysis

Not enough terror

Kill Em All 1793
I am terror man
410,757,864,530 DEAD NOBLES

is that Robbie Stirner?

Which faction would you have joined in the French Revolution famrades? Cordeliers?

Yes

From a Marxist perspective, the French Revolution was a revolution of the "landed gentry."

Danton did nothing wrong phamilia

praise the rev

You're retarded. At worst, it was the revolution of the URBAN merchant bourgeoisie. At best, it was a revolution of urban artisans and shopkeepers.

the one and only

Is it me or does this nigga look like he is going to drop the most fire album of 1789?

You cannot stop his virtuous rhymes.

ITT Citizen Genet never existed

Go and read a book.