Is there a better shared universe setting in vidya than Ivalice?

is there a better shared universe setting in vidya than Ivalice?

Final fantasy tactics, Vagrant story, Tactics advance, A2, Final Fantasy XII, Revenant Wings, Crystal defenders and now "return to Ivalice" in FFXIV's Storm blood expansion.

What comes close? mayebe as adaptations like Star Wars but any ordinal videogame worlds like this?

Warcraft seems to come close but the quality has steeply declined.

I've never played any of those. Explain what makes this setting so good

Wakfu/dofus
Personas
Legend of heroes

Go to emuparadise and download tactics right now.

Xeno/Chrono.

YFW we got a decade of Lightning instead of side-stories set all through Ivalice in HD in different gameplay styles. Imagine Crystal Chronicles now with online play, and you can import your character in to a new Tactics game as a late-game recruitment.
Fuck, I would kill for another Vagrant Story. Even a proper HD remake would get my dick rock hard.
Instead we got a decade of Lightning and a fucking homo boy band road trip.

The WiiU tablet would have been perfect for Crystal Chronicles. Ah well

Bangaa butts though

he's getting the floor all dirty
the customers are going to slip on the floor
I'm mad

Let it go user, the last time anyone asked to flesh out an ending similar to that we got Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. No one wants that again.

I know, I know. Especially considering modern Squeenix. I just have a massive hardon for the concept because of Jagged Alliance and Mechwarrior 2 & 4: Mercenaries.

You can always make him clean it up

(Checked, VERY nice)
You are a cool guy with good tastes. I would defend my kingdom and coin with you any day.

Blade 1 doesn't matter because it takes place in the bubble universe made by Grimoire and Klaus' Zohar connection experiment on Lost Jerusalem. Blade X is just its own little thing.

What do you think the FFXIV raid is about? :^)

Don't know, MMOs are not my jazz.

Even the XIfags are excite finally

The Homs in the first Blade game are the Samaarians that created all life and modeled humans after them.
Mira is what is the planet Shulk made from what was left of the Fallen Titans.
That's also why Nopon are there as the only native species on Mira and the only species not made by the Samaarians.
In fact X's universe is the "world without gods" that Shulk made at the end of Xenoblade.
Blade 1 takes place at the beginning and the end of a universe cycle, the one that started X which would make it Episode 0 somewhat.

I mean, you could take the fact that diifferent Nopon reference the first game a lot in their old legends, seeing as they're still the same race from the first game and all that.

>tfw holding down shift instead of ctrl

It's a divergent timeline from the one that leads to Saga-> Gears -> Chrono.

Well, shit. You faggots are making this real fucking tempting.

I don't know if I would say this is a better overall connected universe too I believe. But I am very fond of the dept heaven shared universe made by Sting. Each game is mechanically different from the other with the only real tie being that they are strategy RPGs with some other game genre mixed in like card games or shoot em ups.

The stories only really share the same continent and afterlife and can stand on their own from each other.

Muh nigga.

Ehhh I wasn't a fan of how A2 tried to horn in on making Ivalice both 12's world and A1's world. Especially because once a-fucking-gain shoving Vaan in didn't help the product whatsoever, both he and Penelo offer nothing that your other guildmembers can't already do. Also A2 retconning that the world was both fictional (world inside a magic book, or the book transforming the world, whichever one you want to go with since the prologue shows townsfolk being changed into bangaa and nu mou and the like) and parasitic, it was all FF12 while telling you it was A1.

Actual gameplay was still good though and I loved breaking it with Dual Wield Paladin/Parivir.

And the fact that Hector is behind pretty much everything.

Nah, Perfect works says the universe is cyclical. Meaning that Gears and Saga were just different cycles for the universe that's telling the same story, just with the details different. I dunno how Chrono fits into any of it.

Ivalice is only fictional in A1, because it's reconstructed by the Grimoire. Remendi is an Occurian construct who is trying to suck out their souls to revive the world's connection to her master. Same plot as Vagrant Story.

Pretty sure the grimoire in FFTA and the one in FFTA2 are not the same.
Also this

Gears and Saga are on the same timeline. Lavos is a fragment of Deus that was ejected into space at the end of Gears

Apparently they're different Grimoires after all, though now I'm a bit more confused about it because it's implied by several characters (especially Montblanc who makes reference to Marche when KO'd) that the A1 Ivalice and the A2 Ivalice are one and the same.

Considering where the second grimoire was, it's pretty clear that Marche and friends went on actual adventures in the real Ivalice of the ancient past.

RED
MAGE
IVALICE
MASSIVELY
MULTIPLAYER

Nah it was just a magical simulation.

Maybe. Point is they definitely used the second Grimoire.

Third Grimoire, I thought it was confirmed that Illua's isn't Marche's.

Its okay, WoW and Swtor are a quarantine for most. Then you just ignore anyone named after an anime character or with F as their main language.

Super Mario RPG showed that Super Mario World, A Link to the Past and Super Metroid share a universe.

The Super Nintendoverse is superior.

Fuck you dont do this.

dissidia

012 features Gilgamesh so you know it's good.

new one has Ramza in it as well

I completely forgot about the PS4/arcade one. Not sure how I feel about it being an arcade game considering a big factor to it is customization and character-progression, but I like they're acknowledging Tactics exists at all.

I've always been holding out for extra reps from all the games, like Galuf for V or Cyan for X, especially if they represent a job not already represented like Cyan representing Samurai. Or more auxiliary characters like Beatrix for FF9.

He was originally designed by Akihiko Yoshida. All of his men are fuccbois.

I cannot imagine Vagrant Story in the post Nier "Well someone had to texture her anus!" Square enix.

You'd be able to see Sydney's dick.

Gynoid asshole was a photoshop, for better or worse.

This.

Mario Lore is the deepest of all videogame lore

I hate game theory so much, can't even have a cameo without matpat getting a conspiracy boner over it.

Hyrule is a bubble dimenion. It's not a planet.

It wasnt.

Despite the non-existent difficulty paired with somewhat annoying laws, I enjoyed the tactics advance games. Not as good as war of the lions, but fun enough to sink a hundred hours into them.

Montblanc best moogle.

I put 700 hours into Tactics Advance, i dare you to find a more fun handheld game on the GBA.

I miss you dofus So much better than Wakfu
Dofus 2 when?

That clip from the movie of the scarf witch fighting the cat is really well animated. Anybody have the webm?

I put 999 hours into Pokemon Emerald

They killed their connected universe with 3 though? Philemon becomes just a butterfly you save at, and they just name drop characters and buildings from 1 and 2. Really 3/4 are separate from 1/2.

They have yet to make a game I don't like.

Adachi's first victim is Maya.

I thought it was shit tbh

I beat the game just to see the story then called it a day

You best be kidding, user, as if I needed any more reasons to despise what that series has become.

What the hell are you talking about?

Maya Amano = Mayumi Yamano. They're the same age, both are journalists and both have a tendency to date civil servants (Katsuya, Namatame). She's dead.

But why did she die to some shitty shadows or Adachi?
She's an experienced Persona user

Persona ability atrophies as you age.

Also, she would have been fighting Shadow Maya, who in IS and EP is an endgame level opponent 1 on 1. She'd get schooled.

absolutely
he's also the only moogle with an orange pom pom

Nigger you and I know that's absolute bull based off both parts of Persona 2.

Bro, you should know by now they haven't played IS and EP. Just going off of both ending it isn't even possible for Maya to be Mayumi

If anything, killing off or severely fucking up protagonists in a sequel would be going back to the mainline roots.

Baofu directly states it himself and it's confirmed by the returning P1 cast.

Nigger I played those games before you faggots even knew what a Persona is.

Touch fluffy pom

Except it has been stated multiple times that Atlus will not touch the Persona 2 Cannon now that that design team has stepped away from the project. Aside from a name do you have any actual proof that both my eyes are the same people. An interview maybe?

All glory to the quads and the mecha.

Get out

What do you mean? The thing that made FF worse was FFX.

Maximum overpleb.

You just outed yourself of having an objectively shit opinion. I hope it was worth it.

Te team that made Ivalice (FFT:A) continued their cancerous march across the FF's until the latest installment. FFT was a pretty good game but Ivalice and it's shitty character design, setting and vibe should of died with FFT:A

i like masked characters. Can i play as the Yuke in FF14?

Not yet but they are teasing Yukes in the future, bunnysluts on suicide watch.

No one can really defend Ivalice, and it's shill mining, in the FF series as being a good thing.

You're in denial. She's dead, for like the eighth time. if they ever make P:Q2, Maya will probably die every dungeon.

Of course no one can defend Ivalice, the continent is huge. You'd need a giant wall and even that might not work in jags.

Was there any air borne units in Ivalice? Aside from the gay as Dragoons that could meme jump?

What I am hearing is you do not have any evidence. Good to know; have fun pushing your shit theory.

If Brandon Sanderson got off his ass and made a game set in the Cosmere, it'd definitely be better.

The world of Tactics Ogre/Ogre Battle?

How did Maya, a persona user who isn't restricted to any midnight hour/channel, supposed to not have been able to school Adachi?

She saw how garbage her series had become and gave up living.

Monster grills.

Would you guys recommend the original ps1 ff tactics or the remade psp war of the lions? I played tactics as a kid but never finished.

War of the Lions was translated by the same hack who completely butchered FFVIII. It gets a lot of undeserved praise for using pseudo ye olde english that's tacky and painful to read while killing all of the characters' voices. It also features the game slowing down to a crawl with any animation if you don't use a patch to fix the awful programming.
Go play the original one. The english in that one may be sorta broken but at least the team didn't try to overstep their boundaries as translators.

Dude she's dead. Maya's whole gimmick is that she was dead the entire time.

Hoo boy, that sucks.
I always hated the pacing, but loved the game. It felt so fucking grindy, like the only way to properly advance was to raise levels by slogging through training, or attempting random encounters for card drops for stat ups. After every story battle it felt like you needed to train 2-3 levels just to keep pace and the slow fucking animations didn't help

I know how that feels. The level scaling in vanilla with a full team is kind of annoying. You can try playing with fewer party members or just trying to go through with a lower levelled team. Both options are viable for a first playthrough and might make the game more interesting for you, depending on how you like your games.

Ya from searching around I had the same kind of impression. Guess Ill stick with the ps1 version I played as a kid. Was tempted to go play wotl on ppsspp just for the 16:9 aspect ratio.

I did get to the tower of eden or whatever once. I remember Fiduc castle being hard to assault because my team was protag and two lv 50 clerics split across two maps

I didnt do the Nybbas sidequest or get eg Snapdragon spell or Deneb. The 100 floor dungeon is beyond me

Everything I can find lists Mayumi Yamano's name as a reference to Maya Amano but not actually her.

Not only that but why would Maya's name change in the time between P2 and P3? Her family name shouldn't change since Mayumi was single and Namatame was the married one. And her Given name shouldn't change either.

Do you actually have anything to back this theory up? I agree with because Katsura has been vocal about not stepping on the legacy of P1 & 2. It's why P3 is so disconnected to a lot of the themes and mechanics that the previous games had.

You're getting your games mixed up, user. Pretty sure you're talking about Tactics Ogre.

Wasn't there a DS spinoff of XII like that? How did that turn out?

I was thinking of TO:LucT the entire time
I guess War of the Lions isnt the name of the remake

Oh well

War of the Lions is the FFT PSP rererelease/update.

Best fantasy game setting coming through.

Daily reminder jewnami will never make Suikoden 6

Don't worry, I'm sure they will make a pachinko of it eventually.

Suikoden 5 is actually really fucking good.

Suikoden 3 is the only one i played and I really liked it for the setting, despite every suikoden fan hating it for whatever reason.

And maybe Tactics Advance. A-2 is a damn pain and a half.

What I hear is that once it's done getting DLC, they're gonna package it all up as a PS4 title. The arcade cabinet it runs on is already just a PS4 with some plywood around it.

Going to replay Tactics Advance 2 for January. What race should I discriminate against?

…I'd say the Seeq and maybe the Gria (4 classes each).

And to think that FF Tactics Advance on GBA is only 5.5MB compressed.

Seeq and Gria don't really have anything the other races don't. Bangaa and humes are accessible a hell of a lot earlier than seeqs for powerhouses and have a better range of magic than the seeq-exclusive jobs do (ie Viking for seeq is just a Soldier with some thunder spells off the top of my head). Gria's main bonus is they're decent fighters and can ignore terrain by flying, but as soon as you pick up those teleport-shoes and slap them on one unit the Gria lose any and all relevance.

And Moogles got better with the Flintlock class. Pair'em up with the Fusilier A-skill for support and you got yourself a pretty good ranged (non-magic) support. Viera…not a fan of the Green Mage class (that class takes the good stuff from White Mages, forcing the once useful White Mages to be nothing but a heal bot) but Spellblades are good.

Nu Mous have the Scholar class, basically the field nuker (Scholar's abilities hits everyone, allies included) and the Arcanist class (which gets MP Shield…but FFTA-2 having folks start out with MP 0 makes it somewhat useless)