New Year's Thread

Almost CURRENT YEAR+2, let's discuss vidya of 2016 and what to look forward or get disappointed to, for the next.

Where do you live OP? It can't be Earth if your year cycle jumps two Earth years.
I'm onto you, you fucking ayy.
This year was mostly indie games being ok and AAA being more shit than usual. I look forward to AA devs returning and indie games becoming better.

6 hours till the loud fucking noise barrage and lack of fireworks. And well, Triple A gaming has been shit this year, biggest blunders is either Battleborn or No Man's Sky. And hope the Japanese publishers will realize that a balance of AA to AAA games without bullshit DLC, DRM, censorship is sustainable and profitable than following Battlefield One or CoD IW, those sold like shit than their previous numbers in the series.

Are you dum

Current year is 2015. Lurk more.

Next year, the only things I'm looking forward to are the Switch (hopefully Nintendo's fuck-ups are minimal but I'm not holding my breath) and Kingdom Come/Bannerlord. Other than that, it's slim pickings.
Less than three hours until midnight and I'm feeling crook. Might load up an emulator and get comfy for New Years.

Hopes and disappointment user, there's my hope that Nioh and NieR Automata aren't going to be shit.

You don't belong.

Great year for Medieval autism, Kingdom Come Deliverance and Bannerlord modding has some potential.

Every year is the current year, like every day day is the present day and like every moment in time is present time. I know it's referring to the normalfag it's the current year meme, but I'm just being autistic.
Happy new Earth cycle you faggots.

You too, you autist.

Some highlights of this year, Randy Bitchford singing about his butthurt in twitter and Battleborn's playerbase singing along with him.

Aren't they still having problems with mounted combat and polearm weaponry? For a game that sells itself on "Realistic medieval combat", there being no spears, halberds or mounted combat seems really anachronistic and disappointing, as if most medieval-based games don't already just circlejerk swords, axes, and occasionally maces to the exclusion of other weaponry

In their last update they said they have mounted combat working, complete with adding momentum in to damage calculations. There was also mention of polearms, but whether they had finished or were still working on re-writing the code I can't remember, but it's happening.

Focusing on main features first to get a release window, mount combat is relatively good, remember, these are the same guys who did Mafia 1 and 2, which had great support and attention to details, they did mention they'll continue supporting the game and add in features they had to put on the lower priority and some DLC, along with a potential expansion pack, some of the stuff in game is pretty damn good.

WHICH DIDN'T HAVE ANY MOUNT COMBAT

IT'S ALL SHIT
SHIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTTT

What do you categorize them ass, dildos?

them as*
Amazing typo tho

He's just a chronic memelord, forgive him

CYBERPUNK 2077 GOTY or terrible port release of this year if it doesn't get beat by a filthy gook company known for horrible ports like capcom.
Also, wiiu emulation soon fellow soy face hater.

I love all you faggots. Happy new year.

fifth exodus, am i right?

Nigga I was posting on wizardchan before the whole Zoe quinn thing even happened

Next year is actual the Year of the Fire Cock

Please don't let it be shit, Witcher 3 was a pack full of lies and too consolized.

Wot

Since there is Steam wintersale, i thought about finally trying FFX/X2 for once. Is it worth 15 bucks?

Lurk moar newfriends

You should, lots of cringey voice acting but they were good memories, HD graphic remaster is good, nostalgia glasses aside, you should either pirate it or if you're a buyfag, go ahead, it's dirtcheap, 2 games for 15 dollars.

And speaking of Final Fantasy, FF7 Episodic Remake should be on Squeenix's agenda by the next year.

monkey paw wish motherfucker
you know its gona be console trash with pc after thought with day 1 patch and 9 months after release it will be still being patched
fuck this industry, fuck with broken glass and aids encrusted condoms

Actually the year of the Phoenix. I.e the year dead things get revived.

No it isn't. It's rooster and the element is fire. Hence: fire cock.

HAPPY CURRENT YEAR CUNTS. I am all out of alcohol, A fate worse than death.

The Phoenix is pretty much a burning cock. Nevertheless it will be fun.

Wished we could meme good games, but we'll see how 2017 is gonna be.

Well, Capcom is reviving their old dormant IPs, for mobile.

Kek I just found out i can use a mod for japanese dubs, so i'll just try.

I'm looking forward to the given terrorist attack on New Year's.

Drunk normalfags shooting fireworks wildly around them is enough terror for me.

Me too. Made a bet so those mudslimes better blow up something.

Hopefully they do it in Germany again. Those cucks need to learn.

Another consecutive year spending new years with my animal crossing town.

Do you guys have any special events you log into games for for special holiday prizes?

plenty people already blew off some of their body parts within the last two days alone and it's not even new years yet

Soon.

They wont learn.

what did you do for the whole year

this sounds like a cute idea tbh

It's true, my man, dragon's dildo and lost planet 2 have their problems. And the filthy soy rats that made dark souls also had to wait for the community to fix their shit. The yellow midgets may get a fun game out more often than the West, but they have shitty ports that can compete with wbgames.

But Bitcher3 was at least fun. I enjoyed it. Maybe because it was a gift, I don't know, but it was cool. I can't wait to see how their "cinematic" engine handles the cyberpunk theme.

See this is why Tina a shit. She doesn't look out of place in a sea of horrible western designs.

You need to get high on life.