FTL13 Thread - Weaponized Autism Edition

What is FTL13?
FTL13 is a United States Department of Defense initiative that utilizes a state of the art deep space combat simulation to train autistic individuals for life and service aboard near-future U.S. space fleet vessels.

How can I play?
You must download the latest stable BYOND client to play FTL13. The BYOND client is presently compiled for Windows only, though it is compatible with WINE. You will need a BYOND account to connect to our server.

Client download: secure.byond.com/download/

Server Info
The Aloha Oe
byond://jinteki.industries:5513
Tickrate - 0.5 // Random Names ON

We are proudly hosted by Jinteki Industries, an industry leader in the development of cybernetics and augmentation technology.
For more information on them, please visit jinteki.industries or >>>/cyber/.

Git Repository
gitgud.io/nanotrasen/nullsec

Current News
T-Wiz has recently made a merge request to the NullSec repository. The changes proposed are a rework of the map that would do the following:

You can learn more about the Merge Request here:

gitgud.io/nanotrasen/nullsec/merge_requests/1

Please discuss these proposed changes and voice any concerns regarding them here in this thread and if possible in the Merge Request's comments section.

I'm doing work(expect coding) on a new cult based around insanity that's focused on mid game, here's what I've got so far(it's all a work in progress so it's subject to change) I would like input and more importantly a coder

h-hello?

heeeeeeeeeeeeeeey.

You should probably tell people that this is space station 13 in the subject so the regulars can actually find you.

didn't make the thread

Is the server up, im not able to connect?

Closing my merge request until I can figure out how to use git in conjunction with the map-merge tools.
Please discuss the proposed changes, I tried to keep them pretty simple.

conversions must be quick, people will eventually learn how the gamemode works and sound the alarm as soon as they feel something suspicious happening to them.

Akitaro here. Had an extended power outage yesterday, and for some reason the VMs didn't autorestart once I brought the server back up. They're booting now.

in late game there'd be a better means of converting

my only real issue is this and no shutters on every outer window not just in the bar

why more electrified grills?

Consistency, mostly. Captain's, RD's, and HoP's offices are already electrified, so why not all of the head offices?
MAC cannon is supposed to be a secure area anyway, which is why the munitions officer spawns with a baton.
Tech storage is supposed to be more secure than any regular storage, because only engineers and scientists are supposed to have access.
Telecoms is normally secured on a satellite, so electrifying its windows seemed kind of obvious.
FTL, Gravity Gen, and Shield Gen are all core parts of the ship, so more security is warranted, i think.
Bridge is for officers only and controls everything, so it should be more secure as well.

if we ever get on board threats then I'd agree with these changes more but currently there's no real reason to warrant it it's the same issue with sec on the whole in ftl13, they just become miners because there's nothing to do

The whole electrified grills thing is moot because the APC update broke wires. Grills can't be electrified for now.

we need to leave up stream and do our own thing as soon as possible

That wont save the cultists from sec mobilizing everything to find them immediately at the start and fucking them before they get there.

that's on the fault of the cultists fucking up at round start, that's why I think the method I've thought up is decent as it means that you don't really need to convert right off the bat inorder to get set up enough to be a threat, just spread viruses around and then when you want to actually start converting start spreading hallucinogenics about

there is nothing to fuck up, when people realize they are randomly hallucinating they'll know right away and they'll scream about it.

sure but if there's nothing leading towards a cult then those screams will be unfounded

You and I both have played for long enough to know that isn't true. I know you think you have a fun idea but you have to consider no one is going to want to play your game mode if it isn't mechanically sound. The only rounds that get played are traitor, syndicate, malfunction and blob. There have been so many genuinely creative game modes that have come out over the course of time but the originals stick.

you're not wrong but that's why we've got to refine this so that it works gud and sadly I'm just a poor spriter who idea fags too hard

the game needs more modes to keep it interesting though, this is more a problem of lack of coders rather then anything

I've now spent 6 hours trying to get the map-merge tool to work. Every time I try it sends me this warning. Even if I ignore this warning, git still tells me it's 80000 deletions/additions when I compare.
I'm really glad that no documentation exists for this other than a 5 step instruction copy-pasted to every ss13 wiki.

should gitgud know how to?

also was talking to shylos and he said mapping was EZ so long as you know the short cuts, how'd you find mapping and how hard do you think something like this would be to make?

Mapping is easy if you reuse a lot of assets from other maps, sort of like using a palette.
Since that map recycles a lot of rooms from the current one, three or four days to make it if you're motivated. Then a month of debugging as people play it.

I see, thanks

anyone on right now, I am going to be installing it and play for the first time :)

no one is on

looks like my janitor job is going to be really easy then ;)

E:

for some reason I cant join the server :(

byond://75.68.188.142:5513/ ?

fams
the problem with cultists is a lack of flexible objectives, much like everything else in FTL13
if Cultists had the objective to take over the ship and do some sick shit like flyign to the center of the galaxy to release NARSIE like in Star Trek 5 then that would be some sick shit, especially if it could be done covertly

Cultists could know what system Narsies portal is in and what lava world it is buried within and have it look like something more innocuous like a part in snow biome or prides temple

better yet retool cultists or just swap them for a seer that mechanicly can lead the crew to a great wealth or a demon 50/50 that if the crew fucks up with could cause an event on par with SMC galactic end depending on the settings

more objectives is indeed more objectives

indeed

indeed

When did we start allowing smileys?
I've seen a bunch of anons say that smileys are fine and that people who call them out are newfags.

Antags in general are shit for FTL13, especially our server as we never have enough people on for it to be worthwhile.

FTL13 is a cooperative codebase, compared to other SS13 codes.

//\\::,,:://\\

Sprite the spider reee

hence covert action and

which spider?

Who are the admins?

GitGud is owner and a nigger.
4chongerino is admin and less of a nigger. Also codes and has fun.
DerFlammen is an admin and a nigger.

There's more but you don't see them often.

that nigger kills rounds that "take too long"

ftl13 has rounds which last long has times

He also kills them by pressing all the buttons, which is the only good way to end a round.

I am the only one in here and I am lonely =(

he ends rounds that are about to finish

kys

at work

only did one and it was vote restarted anyways

no it wasn't
it ran for almost 6 hours and he started injecting antags into it without telling anyone

How do I remove zip ties I just want to play guitar songs to my pet monkey norbit

resist and wait half a minute

AHHA I have freed myself of these shackles of oppression

Press the resist button in the bottom right corner.
Stand still for 30 seconds.

But in all seriousness where is the janitor office?

north side near med bay doors

tyvm

make sure to do entry level research to get the scrubber upgrade for the pussy wagon

sad.
And i'd think a coop server would have been good for this, what a shame.

We've got a new map, silly.

I'm not black or illiterate, I don't like rap, I know my father, and I have a diploma.

downsides: some autist whines in the thread

engine set up btw
setting up engine when power went out is interesting, APCs being gimped for construction thanks to sloppy changes are a bitch tho

it's why I'm been saying we should get off of this up stream ride

hey anyone else wanna make burritos with me?

I only make rice.

Around how many people is the serb averaging?

One thing is teaching new players the ropes because they show interest and commitment. The other is allowing reddit to spam the thread with cancer and not being able to use OOC because the server is empty. The fact they can't even do basic tasks that are shown in every goddamn wiki 'START HERE' page which is designed as the lowest entry point possible for learning how to play just shows how commited they truly are to this.
It's not about not wanting to teach newbs who are willing, it's about not teaching to scum who can't even form coherent sentences without being cancer because they never lurk and never truly learn.

the only thing which is cancer and spamming the thread is your bull shit

7 on high pop

I'm retarded where do I access this to manually connect.

ctrl o

owo what's this
pastebin.com/fngyh23a

"unzips dick"

welp station is fucked
where is the pacman board, and why do APCs disappear after unlocking cover, unscrewing and prying open?

up stream is shit and fucked the apcs

pacmans are in tech storage

alright, this time i fucked up the engine myself
who woulda known turning coolant input off would make it fill with oxygen and go kablooey

click the gear in the top right
select "Open Location" CTRL+O
enter the address and save it for christ sake

give them a flamethrower to get rid of kiddens in medical
kek

sorry, i forgot how combustion works again
i usually play atmos tech and its not a problem because im the one starting fires away from others

man it's just funny shit
you give 2 guys a flamethrower against some kittens you don't expect the kittens to win

and now serber is ded to

server is pretty fucked, getting a snack and hoping it settles down by the time I get back

NOOOOOPE!

fuckit I'm out

Hello I haven't played since you faggots started being more dramatic than a tumblrina gone too long without a dicking

Are you fucktards done yet

there's always going to be someone who isn't

We're pretty done.

Server's restarted, by the way.

Any anons on?
Saving the thread from dying early, too.

not on the server I'm sure

I'm still trying to get more new coding blood to help out

I am, right now. Seem to be the only one online at the moment, according to the who command. I am a ghost though, so, whenever the round finishes taking it's sweet-ass time restarting, hopefully some traffic will happen.

hopefully I wont be on for a while and by the time I get back there will be new content
for those of you too shit to set up engine here is mine and it makes tons of power

FUG

When does the round end? Jesus fuck, no one is alive, the ship is in shambles.

it's the normal

this

this wouldn't happen if the objectives were fun tbh