The Elder Scrolls/TES General

Lets discuss TES series, its future, its past, best games and mods. Daggerfall was released 20 years ago. Its incredible how gaming changed since then.

archive.fo/rERcW
archive.fo/amOS8
archive.fo/cr8Uw

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/cr8Uw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Is DaggerXL playable already?

Nope
Its open source. I am surprised no one else decided to make a fork of it.

Hey niggers, is daggerfall and arena still free?

I'm like playing ultima underworld at the moment, but I took a couple of oxys and I'm feeling a bit frisky to start some shenanigans in daggerfall

That's sad that this thread is dead.

Fucking gaybys.

Good.

>>>/reddit/

Yep, free as heck.

Been foolin' around in Daggerfall, not sure what I'm really going for in my current playthrough

Most df classes usually boil down to long sword and destruction, since it is the easiest way to deal high damage early on.
Making a high elf with weakness to paralysis and ban from unarmed will give you some free advantages, since the race is immune to paralysis.
Specialize in at least one school of magic, since you'll want to join the mages guild. Making a teleport spell is incredibly useful for dungeons, and you get all sorts of neat perks.

Fuck off you idiotic kike. The fact that you're trying to demonize me for taking shit that I actually need to take is one thing, but the fact you're so autistic to the point where you think what I said was a 'blogpost' is just absurd.

Looks like you're upset over me calling everything in the thread gaybys too, let me guess, cause you're a faggot too right. Do me a favor, grow up and realize that 'drug use' isn't a means for you to start whining like a fucking cuck. Cause I'm sure you love going to starcucks and getting yourself a nice big coffee, oh no, watch out, caffeine is a drug! better start whining about muh drug use as if I'm some fucking anti-drug clown.

I hate to see how you act around your parents, I bet you scream at them for taking antibiotics when they're sick, hell you probably beat your grandpa and grandma for taking pain medication too right shit for brains?

Nice, what character did you roll? I was feeling a spellsword this time around, except I'm probably going to steal a fuck ton of shit from the first couple towns, then head east.

I don't know if I want to be a dark elf, or a nord though.

SKYRIM DID NOTHING WRONG

Daggerfall is the only game in the series with a unique story.

This. Goyim can't be chosen ones

I would love to have a good TES: Arena ruleset for pen & paper.

Except it isn't. The only person who ever immediately accepts you for your importance is Caius, and even that's only because he's following orders. Morrowind makes you earn your hero status, and even then it's thrown into question if you're really Nerevar incarnate or some schmuck Azura just got to do her bidding.

Reposting from a thread I made since I'm a faggot and didn't read the catalog.

Can we discuss for a while how this is the goddamn comfiest TES game? To this day, it still holds up pretty well, and it's STILL getting new mods and updates for old mods. Not to mention that GODDAMN SOUNDTRACK.
There's a guy who's been streaming it off and on at the Holla Forums stream site and it's gotten me in the mood to play again.

also I kind of want to reminisce since I know that TES will probably never be good again.

What game?

CHIM yourself out of existence.

Oblivion, my apologies.

You don't get to choose who you ally with in Morrowind. You get three different Houses who have vastly different ideologies, surely the main plot would take this into account. Nope, you gotta be their bitch and ally with all of them. You can't go against the Empire. You can't ally with Dagoth Ur. You have to be Vivec's bitch, even though he killed you and stole your wife.

It's a shit game with a shit plot.

Pleb detected. Just go to Vivec's temple, kill that asshole, steal wraithguard, keening and sunder and complete the game that way. You a stron indepedent dunmer that dont need no azura. Its that easy

Even if you do the secret ending route which skips 90% of the plot, you're still Azura's chosen errand mutt sent out to fulfill her preordained prophecy, and all you get out of it is a ring with mediocre enchantments.

Face it, Nerevar's soul is forever Azura's bitch.

I want spears back
I want the devs to add more weapon types and stop dumbing down combat.
I want them to actually look at what the modders are doing and meet expectations instead of going for the most console-effective middle-ho-hum.
I want fucking Blackmarsh or a proper Elswyer.
I want something as awesome as shivering isles.

So, any news on that shit new skyrim version? Are most mods ported to that version yet? I assume most of the rape mods are not updated yet.

No script extender until at least march.

Everything is waiting on SKSE, which is stalled. It's easy to compile 64 bit code into 32 bit, but not the other way around.

According to who Azura? The game never specifies whether or not you are actually the nectarine. The prophecy states you will remove imperial and help the ashlanders- whom I kill at the end of every game cause they are cunts.

All you did was kill a guy she said was going to be killed, something that had to be done whether Azura wanted it or not, as he was going to effectively destroy Tamriel and make everything a part of him eldritch god style. That's not much of a prophecy, especially when you don't complete half the steps that were laid out for it, and especially when there were a dozen other people who could have fulfilled it and failed.

so I tried the beta of that oblivion: travels for psp

it's not bad

i tried playing daggerfall, but without a quest marker the dungeons are impossible. plus everything looks pretty generic in the game, doesn't really feel like an epic TES game like oblivion or skyrim.
i really wanted to play a khajit, but they look terrrible, why dont they look enough like cat people?

Did they just totally nerf alchemy into the ground in Oblivion because of super pots? And I know stealth has always been shit but god damn.

Get Thieves Arsenal and Cobl for better alchemy.

I thought thieves arsenal just added arrows from the Thief games? I skipped it because I don't remember them being super useful.

Fuck you.

Free where exactly?

>archive.fo/cr8Uw

People still listening to Pachter is proof that some people will suck the cock of anyone who shit talking Nintendo.

I honestly only came to oblivion because I just wanted to use the alchemy system for poison arrows and the occasional invisibility/buff potion for when I was in a jam.

Just be an assassin then. Thievery is shit in Oblivion because all stolen items are marked red and can only be sold to a thieves guild fence. Also, many areas are off limits until you complete a quest, for example, you can't pick the lock into the arcane academy. You can't scale the walls or levitate over them either. Oblivion has way too many forced restrictions.

Actually, on second thought, being an assassin is shit as well in Oblivion because of the abundance of essential NPCs and because the Dark Brotherhood questline is way too "on rails" and leaves no room for creativity and is only fun for one playthrough. Just play Morrowind.

>the only reason i'm not being one shot is because of death alternative and defeat i guess

honestly, my game should be crashing far more often, but it doesn't

Or look down, seeing how much of a manlet he is.

Now when you DO bother to do a questline (say Dark Brotherhood) veing a stealth archer with poison arrows is actually quite fun. But thats about it.

I did bother to do the questline. It was quite fun. Then the novelty wears off because it's the same thing every time. Too restrictive to be fun twice.

Kinda hard to get back into tes games after playing Witcher 3. I hope the new game comes close in terms of features.

I still cant believe they treat towns as a separate zone. It was great to just walk up and do whatever in MW.

The later games did refine their alchemy system a bit but its still kind of broken. Not sure how I'd change it, though. I like the idea of matching reagents.

MW illusion spells were ridiculous too. Increase or remove aggression and no penalty to you for deaths. Dont need speechcraft just illusion to improve relations.

Thatd be fun, making a limited class with 5 or 7 skills and using nothing else.

My problem is I wanted to do a alchemist/stealth character, since magic stealth is broken as fuck. Only to find alchemy sucks dick in Oblivion.

it sucks dick, but you can still beef the game with alchemy

skyrim is also easy to beef with alchemy

holy shit, faggot, kill yourself.

HAHAHAHA

Why not a system where reagents are activated under different conditions, like whether you used alcohol or water as the base liquid, what the temperature is, what catalyst is inside, and what other reagents are being used.

That might be a good idea; and with the weight of liquids it would be difficult to spam potions on the go.

I had a thought of real life chemistry too. Its very difficult to isolate an element sometimes. So much so that its often easier to mix two compounds instead of the free base. So maybe some kind of refinement system? Bread+cheese to restore fatigue is kind of silly. But imagine that it was much harder to isolate beneficial effects; either by direct mixing some intermediary alchemy-only item, youd have more potions with drawbacks making you consider their use and not just popping them like candy

Thievery is shit in oblivion (and skyrim) because there is nothing worth stealing. Even if there was, leveling those skills is completely worthless for most missions because of the shit level design.

Oblivion truly is the worst TES.

i like morrowind lore, but can't stand the shitty animations
i like skyrim setting but can't stand the gameplay that gets boring in a few hours
wat do

Out of Oblivion, Skyrim and Morrowind. Oblivion is easily the best for stealth. Mainly because of fully fleshed out castles to sneak around in, a sewer that goes through the entire imperial city, and the dark brotherhood/thieves guild. No the morag tong is not a good assassins guild

Cheese should be more prominent. Its a fucking huge business in real life and you can find wheels of it for like 2g in Oblivion. Excuse me, its expensive.

Imagine raiding a bandit cave or exploring near town and stealing a whole bunch of ripening (but aged) cheeses as a loot item

Holy fucking shit. Calm down you autistic sperglord. Those drugs are obviously affecting your brain, unless you're always this much of a faggot. probably the latter

You joke, but cheese theft is a big thing. In Europe there are full-on cheese heists, stealing millions of dollars' worth of cheese at a time.

I wasnt joking though

I don't think "let us steal more cheese" is very high on the list of ways to fix modern TES games.

That's a goddamn lie.

All the TES games have the same dumb ass plot of MUH CHOSEN MARY SUE with some variation.

Daggerfall- Started the whole mary sue chosen one bullshit and was huge for no damn reason.

Morrowind- Best of the series because the Mary Sue effect was at least under control. Combat was challenging and you felt like your actions had some real affect on the game world

Oblivion- FO3 with magic and ear niggers (elves). Had the worst creature level caps and scaling of any game I ever played. This game was shit even with mods

Skyrim- This was just a walking simulator that mirrored FPS game mechanics, MUH PHYSICS, MUH REGENERATING HEALTH, MUH DASH BUTTON, MUH PLOT ABOUT TERRORIST (Thalmor, that gay ass dragon, MUH CIVIL WAR, etc)

The next TES game will be even worse. There will be no levels only perks, you'll have to find your kidnapped wifes son and along the way do a multitude of pointless, SJW filled side quest. TES has always been a shit series.

Finally someone with common sense.

What? You're not chosen by divine beings in Daggerfall. Did you even play it? You're enlisted by the emperor because you helped rescue his sons. Not to mention that the plot plays out much differently than Morrowind, Oblivion, and Skyrim. There's no lame doomsday scenario, it has more to do with the politics of the area.

Seriously, though, are you retarded, did you not play the game, or are you just a butthurt Morrowind fanboy and you're pulling shit out of your ass to try and make Morrowind's generic story not seem as lame as it is?

so it's in the same state as every other game they've released then

I wish man, i really wish, but no… it won't happen…
They had the fucking chance back then with Skyrim! And they fucking double niggered us!

That's only one of the backstories.

So I modded oblivion with deadly reflex 6 and LAPF (Sex mod) and the first person camera is fucked, even after install all kinds of compatability patches, wat do?

I applaud you Todd. A very well deserved reward for the greatest contemporary artist of our generation.

So, what was the best TES game and why was it Oblivion?

also, I don't have much hope for the next entry. RIP TES

Good luck with that, get ready for Call of Elder scrolls

I think the series would have gone much better if it became an FPS entirely and not the monstrous combination it is today.

Enderal