jiggawatt.org/muzak/xpmck/
my.mixtape.moe/dsdcpi.mp3
youtube.com/watch?v=v0A-zgoQVSE
my.mixtape.moe/awwcot.mp3)
jabelarminecraft.blogspot.nl/p/minecraft-forge-172-finding-block.html
blog.mixamo.com/2016-update/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fucked up the link to the last thread, it's

blergh, I finally finished that damn thing.

Imagine the Sons Of Liberty tanker sequence but in VR and each level represents a stage of hell and the levels are impossibly difficult to progress but fun to play.

Still learning music. Here's a new chiptune, meant to be a town exploration theme in an RPG:

my.mixtape.moe/awwcot.mp3

Critique, please.

your tanks are looking better

Finally got around to working on my RimWorld Children/Pregnancy mod again. Figured out how to make and use custom backstories; lots of people on the game's forums are providing good ideas and helping keep me motivated. Yissss

Better than anything I could pull off but the melody is kind of garbled and the song 'goes nowhere'. I do like the bass line though.

It took me about 2 days to get that shit unwrapped, mostly due to that unwrapping is for me joyless so I procrastinated a lot. Modelling and Texturing is for me much more fun to work on.

seems a bit off, i don't know how to describe (musically illiterate), it sounds out of sync

eventually you will look at the older models and want to remake them all because the new ones look better, its bound to happen

Yeah, I reworked/remade the base characters models for my Godot arpg like 4 times

I was the guy that pointed to you to HSP's trance works awhile back.
There's some nice elements to this, you've definitely gotten better.
Need to keep working towards creating a real melody that will stick in the listener's mind, I think. Even HSP's works have a clear melody, even if that melody isn't playing/progressing the whole time. (And when his melodies aren't playing/progressing, he has some kind of loop going that he adds elements into that ultimately build up to the melody.)

Maybe listening to some GameBoy Pokemon (RBY, GSC) music might help.
(Note how the melody in this song has an introduction (let's call it 'A'), the main melody 'B', and a secondary melody 'C'. Once the 'C' part finishes, it loops back to the 'B' part. Melodies in music often have patterns like this, such as 'A-B-C-B'.)

In particular, because the GB only has four available channels for creating sound (two square wave channels, a custom wave channel, and a noise channel), music composed for the GB generally has little more than a melody, harmony, a bass line, and percussion.
Even if you're looking to create something more modern, this four elements generally can't be left out.

Even for something like, say, a classical piano solo…You have the bass on the left hand, the melody and harmony on the right hand. And there's usually something on the left or right hand that gives the listener a sense of rhythm.

Doesn't really seem like there's much of a lead melody.
Better than before, though.

Very first thing I thought when I heard the opening notes was "this is Cave Story pitch shifted a bit" and that thought came back at least a few more times at some points of the song.

That's my long term plan, I am not going to that right now since it is about 14 damn models or so that I would have to process. Later when all my player tanks are textured that way I will even make 2-3 more camos for them (Snow,Summer,Autumn or so)

Unless Blender finally gets the damn Ptex shit tacked on so I don't have to worry about unwrapping in the first place, I know 3D Coat does that but during one of my process I managed to shit that program itself constantly unless its some sort of important thing it keeps 6million+ materials

The instrumentation is similar but that's about it.

simple texture with no bumps and normals I assume? looks good, once you apply the other stuff it will look very nice.

Listen to the first ~10 seconds, and then listen to the first ~5 seconds of this.

Thanks fam, I don't bother with bump mapping and other fancy stuff because guess what, Graf Zahl is a nigger who forces everyone to use a OpenGL 3.0 compliant graphic card for a shitty bloom effect, I wish i'd make up this shit.

The instrumentation is similar but that's about it.

Oh, that's too bad, I have some OCD and I always need to add some of those if I want my low poly stuff to look decent, I made stuff for the GDIDoujins guy and felt bad when the dresses I sent didn't have any, at least he liked them but now I included normals for the boss model.

Isn't it an open-source engine? You can just fork it and then distribute your own OpenGL-1.0 compatible version.

you are pumped with drugs?
So is this some sort of Command and Conquer Tiberian X mod or sumfin?

Yeah it's open-source but I cant program for shit since that would require to make sure that latest ZDoom version doesn't screw the OpenGL part somehow. My GPU (GTX 570 i think) is not a problem since it can handle OpenGL 4.5 finely but that he even enforces that now for a shitty bloom effect and didn't even bothering adding bump map support which is a quite old technology by now, jesus man we are living in PBR age now and this cooky MIT Nigger couldn't be bothered doing that. Infact I ranted about that shit a few times at this board doom thread.

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, not sure what the GDI stands for, but they are the ones developing the Bavarian Scout Ranger thing, apparently is like EDF with steampunk and goth lolis.

Oh yeah they look MUCH better now
Tomorrow i will make more hairstyles, eye shapes, mouth shapes and special pupils

It's Global Defense for ZOG Initiative :^), embed related.

Is it that webum that one user that posted something with tentacle monster and a stronk independent womyn shooting around based on UE4 engine? I…I… My memory has been augmented.

This is a picture of one of the boss fights in my game, im finishing up the music and some graphics, and some maps need to be fixed, and then I can release after making a trailer.

that sounds pretty stupid, I guess you'll have to either learn, or find someone who cares enough, then. I can write openGL 1.0 but i don't care much about modding doom engines.

Whenever i see GDI i think of the windows GDI graphics API… You still have to use that thing if you want to do real software rendering, so every time you load up winquake.

Yes, that one, I made the tentacle monster, I made some tentacle animations for that thing too, mostly so it looks more natural while moving, he still has to add them now.

I think there's a similar soundfont between them, what tracked did you use for it?

What pupils do you have in mind?

Yeah it sucks so there isn't anything much I can do on my part.

So that's what it is, I always wondered what it's used for since PlayOnLinux has a option to switch to that.

Keep up your work mayne. Also did you managed to fix the config bug where the rebinded keys are ignored?

Ah, good to know. Since it got the name Bavarian in it does that mean it will also feature German language support?

Im thinking of having them depend on the faerie traits, something like:
Haven't decided about blessed, cursed,

Cave story doesn't use MIDI, instead all the songs are made in a special .org format, and can only be edited in pixel's org-maker application. So there isn't a soundfont in the way a MIDI file has one.

cavestory.org/pixels-works/org-maker.php

I did patch this out, in the last thread I posted a download link to an exe with the bug fixed.

WinGDI is really old and also programming it is done in the special winAPI style, which makes it weird, so Ive only ever used it to render a frame-buffer. You also need to link to winGDI (gdi32.lib) whenever doing anything graphics-related in winAPI, so to start up openGL i think you need to call some winGDI functions, although they arent all labeled as GDI functions, they're all in the gdi32 library… You can look up the Microsoft docs to see what i'm talking about, MS has really a weird style.

I dont even know why i started going on about gdi, anyway im glad you like it.

So Holla Forums I'm trying to think of a way to describe a 2 dimensional map. So far I have following idea down (let me know if anything stupid sticks out before I attempt to write this into my game):

Every element in the map is basically a rectangle with a texture (if tex is not nullptr). This will be stored into a quadtree for collision detections at runtime if the Type of the rectangle is 'Solid' (1).This can be described as:struct MapElement{ RectangleShape rect; char * redirect (set to NULL originally) Type elementType;} Where elementType is an enum that describes what the rectangle should be ingame: enum class Type { 0 = nonSolid, 1 = solid, 2 = portal, 3 = death }; If the Type is 2 Portal, the map ingame expects a string to the map file that should be loaded from disk whenever the player "exits the scene" via a doorway or portal. This should also be loaded into the collision quadtree so we can check if the player collides with it.

I'm going to be writing an editor that creates a binary file which includes:

The texture file locations to be loaded in upon construction.

The MapElements to be loaded into the Map * in game.

Once the editor is finished, I will write member functions inside of the Map class that reads the file from disk or saves it to disk.

I wonder.

anybody remember what that one soundfont was that most of those shitty early-mid 2000s Gamemaker games had?

Blessed and cursed seem like an obvious crucifix and pentagram.

blessed faeries can still be cunts and cursed ones can be qt and innocent highly pattable and worth of protecting their smile
bless and curse gives a huge bonus/penality to Luck, says nothing about celestial or infernal affiliation

My mistake.
In that case, X for curse and enneagram for bless?

No worries, you couldn't have known since i never explained it before
Im thinking of leaving these two with no symbol affiliation since they don't say anything about personality unlike the other traits
The way im going to make this will probably be like this: each Trait will have an array of values each representing a symbol, so each trait can have affiliation with more than one symbol
Example: Cheerful could have a 3 on star and 2 on spark so, if the faerie has another trait that increases the spark symbol value that will be the choosen symbol for the faerie, otherwise star will be higher and will be choosen as the faerie pupil symbol
Every faerie has 3 traits and can never have two opposite traits, so even if blessed and cursed have no related symbol there will still be 2 other traits to decide the symbol

That video is actually interesting.

It doesn't explain shit, it's just a guy telling how he did it

So, say you got a 3D grid. You gotta simulate the movement of fluids in that grid on a per cell level. That means that cells can be a certain percentage full, but you don't have to model every particle in them. You want to be able to push water and shit. How do you do it? Verlet physics? What?

Look at Dwarf Fortress.

In particular it defers water updates across several frames, and only updates water tiles that need to be updated. Pressure is a matter of teleporting the water from the source to the end of the pressure destination

I've already been down that road. The false mirroring idea would make the tiles mirrored in only one direction as well. The difficulty that I would be skipping is in applying the logic of the two-axis mirroring to attacks across a network, which are numerous and highly varied. I've already proven to myself that both are doable.

The only questions now are "Would it be lazy?" and "Would it be wrong?"

With respect, I feel about the same as that other user: I can't figure out what is difficult in this scenario.

Few things pop into mind…
vector fields

Fluid dynamics

density/scalar field

You can look at nature of code chpt 6 for a quick tut on vector fields, and there's a few tuts on "practical fluid dynamics" out there.
Also, a neat way to have water/fluid (small voxels/particles) flowing across a mesh is to use the mesh normals to determine the direction of flow over the surface.

forgot to mention, mesh normals are a vector field, but static (generally); so it's easier to visualize what I mean there.

Doesn't this become prohibitively expensive pretty quickly? I guess you could bake a sort of "flow map" across static geometry, but it seems like it would become nightmarish computation wise across any kind of moving, even slightly convoluted surface. I'd love to be wrong though, if there's some good examples of solving that problem.

I literally have no idea what's being asked and I've read it 3 times today. I need a picture

Thinking about my own question here, I guess there's multiple cases where you could bake a flow map from normals. An open bed of water like a river or channel, obviously, as long as it doesn't move during gameplay, but you could also bake a flow map inside an object like a pipe, and then move the pipe in real-time or fasten pipes together without a heavy computation load, since all you'd really need is a velocity and direction.
This is all just speculation from me, I don't know really what I'm talking about here, I just really want to tinker with this now even though it has no bearing on anything I'm actually doing.
This is why I never get anything done.
Polite sage for talking at myself.

The normals of the mesh is a flow map/vector field itself, so that part is already done.
Thus, if you can easily access said information w/o major overhead, then it's efficient. Otherwise, not so much.

Humm, that does sound pretty neat actually.
Baking a flow map, which follows the same concept as a normal map, but specifically for the flow of particles or voxelized water over a mesh using this flow map.
Say, XYZ for the unit vector dir (RGB), and w for a velocity scalar (A)… (RGBA).
Although, you're trading off for GPU side strength (fill the flow texture via shaders, i.e. massively parallel), and you would have to not mind querying a texture, decompressing said flow information, and using it from there.

Although, I'm sure you could do it purely CPU side, but using the GPU for this highly parallelizable concept may be beneficial.

Is there a way to access normals without calculating them? And doesn't their relation to flow depend on their angle relative to the world physics? Assuming water flowing over an open surface, not through a pressurized pipe.
In other words, if I pour beer on an angry Dorf, don't I have to constantly recalculate the relationship between the mesh normals and gravity to get an accurate picture of flow while he sputters and tries to kill me with his axe?
Whereas if it's water running through a static channel or the inside of a pressurized pipe, I can calculate this once and go?

Seems like you could use a REALLY small texture and still get pretty convincing results.

What I'm particularly interested in, though, is doing this for the inside of a modular pipe or channel of some sort. Once you have the flow on the inside figured out, you would only have to do the complicated math at runtime for the beginning and end of the pipe, the flow between pieces would be handled at relatively low cost by the flow map. In other words, you could move the pipe itself around at runtime without a big performance hit for recalculating flow.
Now, make the "pipe" invisible and move other things besides water through it, like smoke or whatever other interesting particles, and it seems like you might have an interesting system to control some cool visual effects without crazy performance cost.
Just brainstorming here.

Understood. I'm probably just over-thinking this because I've seen the same decision made in another game with a similar system. I thought that it was made deliberately in order to minimize complexities, especially relating to networking, but I could be wrong. Here are some examples of that game, Mega Man Battle Network 6, in action:

As you can see, the players are facing each other, so everything should be mirrored. The focus of interest in image one is the broken, empty tile at the top center of the field. While the tile's position is mirrored on the x axis, as demonstrated by it being in the opposing column and in the opposite red/blue area, it is not mirrored on the y axis, as it is on the top row in both games. This doesn't make any spacial sense, as the Mega Man who has it on his left in the top game has it on his right in the bottom game.
The controls work the same way, with front and back being mirrored, but up and down not. This way, distance can be closed by moving forward to the front of your field, but up is up and down is down. Attacks naturally follow the same logic. The way it plays out, if an attack lands in one game, it will always land in the other, and noone is the wiser.

But why would this be done? So the dev team wouldn't get confused? So you don't have to write opposite logic for every attack which is more complex than a straight line? Simplification of networking? A limitation of the GBA? I figure I could just "do it right," in my game, but I don't want to assume that I know better than an entire team of Asians who have all been working in gamedev for a long time.

Well, you could pre-bake them (no runtime calculations), but that's generally for small details like a normal map; although, you always have to calculate them some how (be it prebaked or runtime), or you could just use some other prebaked information if you don't want to use normals.
I'd probably calculate a per vertex normal (by hand), and then store them in an easy to retrieve format (say, max one vertex normal per aligned grid coordinates, hash that/add to dictionary, and retrieve it via that for easy retrieval) if you really wanted to do it like this for experimental purposes.
Or, since I use proc-gen, then I can store the index to the normal (to w/e list/array they're stored in) in an octree cell bcs I'm already storing information per octant anyways.
Although, I have no plans on doing this, so it's just conjecture.

The normal is relative to the surface of the triangle/vertex… so it's perpendicular to the surface/vertex.
There's an obvious flow of the surface normals, relative to what the resulting value of the perpendicular value is in relation to the "world right/left (X), up/down (Y), and forward/back (Z)"; as can be seen in the sphere pic of detailed normals.
So u can garner the approximate direction of flow from this information.

Depends on the type of particle system we're talking about. The particles themselves probably deal with the gravity bit, but the actual flowing over the surface would be dealt with via your own code; thus using said static normals to produce a realistic flow direction (if it's in a "falling" state, or in otherwords has no outward acting velocity other than gravity).

If you want to get more complicated than this it falls into custom vector field + scalar field + fluid dynamics though. So best to look up tuts for those questions, or the information sources I recommended a few posts up.

Imo the flow texture idea is neat, but would only really excel for a GPU based solution (say GPU particle system, or GPU fluid simulation); as to really get the full potential out of this.
Or, if you have the requirement for really detailed flow maps, i.e. generate a large flow map (requiring massive parallelization); then copying it to the CPU from the GPU (implicit delay due to transferring over mobo bus, thus, it has to be worth that overhead of say 3-5ms) for reading said generated flow texture data on the CPU.
For the purely CPU based solution with a simple flow map I'd say just using a simple (even precalculated) vector field for this would probably suit it best, and especially for a "static" vector field/flow map that doesn't require being recalculated.

In essence, use the best solution for the problem at hand.

You're definitely over thinking it. You soend all of MMBN on the left shooting the right. Multiplayer works the same way for each player to keep it consistent. The host player probably does all the logic, or else its just a rendering trick. You just want to get your logic working then worry about presentation.

What about a lookup table? Each part of the mesh has a byte index, and that corresponds to an approximate, precalculated angle? You could get 32 approximate angles per sphere octant

I think I see what I was getting hung up on - I'm aware the the normals are relative to the surface, but I was conflating calculating the effect of the surface on direction and the effect of the angle on flow velocity. But I see now what (I think) you're saying - that I can get the direction effects from the normals at reasonable cost and then separately decide how accurately I want to calculate effect on the velocity.

That's one of my problems, I don't really have a problem at hand. I wind up dicking around with systems that interest me and never JLMG.

Pretty sure it was done this way because they were more interested in usability from the viewpoint of the player than Megaman's.
As said, your game logic should be consistent for each player, and shouldn't depend on presentation.

Interdasting. I'm going to mull on this.

will you add different facial shapes and ear shapes?

That's what I'm saying, though. The game logic is the same for each, only the presentation differs. Usability from the viewpoint of the player is the same no matter which one you go with, because they can't see the other screen. You're saying it ultimately doesn't matter at that point?

I'm saying it shouldn't matter from a difficulty of implementation or networking standpoint, and if it does, you've probably tied two things together that shouldn't be.
There's only one actual playing field, so there's no "opposite logic" as you refer to the possibility of in >>1158694.
So make sure that works and is coordinated between players, and then let each client render the battlefield separately.

(Checked)
The only things being sent by the client are character stats (at the beginning), and button presses, which are all then handled by the server. This is what you mean, yes?
Sorry, when I say that, I'm referring to the fact that there are non-sprite animations to consider on the client side. Suppose Player 1 fires and attack which moves in a pattern down the field. Player 2 is going to have to see that attack in the inverse, which will require reversing the logic used for the movement pattern. Or have I got the wrong idea?

Why did my ID change?

Hey doods

I proceeded with the re-write of all features and shit with nice, clean code.

Here's the first thing: new, hopefully non-shitty, physics based movement.

How does it feel?

Not too floaty?

Did I let any bugs slip through?

Is the lack of air control too annoying or ok in I'm aiming for relative realism?

The stat based movement speed is not in yet.

drive.google.com/file/d/0B1bOSXCEc3FhY0EyY3FDM0tIVFE/view

Do you want me to add any obstacles for testing?

and yes, I almost had not time for neither coding nor mocap, December was a tough month

I'm still not sure how i feel about this.

I don't have much to show visually. I've been getting rid of glitches and refactoring. I've also noticed the code (CPU-bound) on Windows runs at a noticeably lower framerate than on Linux.

Also OBS refuses to capture my game window.

It's good that you're identifying the problems you're having. That's the first step to getting better.
My advice is to look at what other people are doing. There's no point in trying to reinvent the wheel by yourself. Try defining the eyes and nose a little more with harder darks. Make it a little more cartoony to fit a low poly style if you need to.

What programming language should I start off with if I have zero experience in coding, and want to make games like vid related, but just a bit more complex as a way to start. I heard that Python and Java is great for newbies, but ultimatley the standard is that of c++.

You might be better off starting with a game dev tool like GameMaker or Stencyl. GM uses a custom scripting language based on Javascript, Stencyl uses Lua IIRC. They will teach you the basics of scripting and programming while also providing basic engine tools so you don't need to start out by building everything from scratch and compiling.
It's a controversial subject but I've found giving people a place where they can quickly make games and edit code to get things working gets them more enthusiastic than throwing them in the deep end first go where they are more likely to just give up after failed attempts at drawing coloured boxes inside system windows.
Plus, being able to easily share those shitty games you make feels pretty nice.

Start making a website with HTML and CSS first, then add fancy shit using Javascript and Jquery.
I can't recommend this enough. Also read up on books how to learn and understand shit, the Pragmatic Programmer is a good one helped my ass out a lot. I'm a shit programmer but still manage to get a lot of dough.

Plus people that know Javascript are in demand professionally so it's a good way to get the basics for that language down if you want segue in to programming for a living, although the professional javascript environment is fucking chaotic as hell and nowhere near the more python-like experience of writing scripts for objects in GameMaker.
Also a lot of people hate GameMaker simply because a lot of people make bad games with GameMaker, so be prepared for people being cunts for not using emacs and coding it all by hand on a devuan workstation with an IBM model M keyboard.

C or python.

Just C. Python has an asston of confusing, obscure and ass-backwards things in it.

All checks out.

It's actually starting to look pretty cool now. Darkening the eyes made them look way more intimidating. Personally I'm trying to avoid the cartoonish style, just because I'm not really a fan of it and it doesn't seem like it'll fit my game that much. I think I might just shoot for making a ghoulish type enemy now.

My original plan was shooting for PS1 style graphics, where they had this sweetspot of almost-realistic coloring but lacking enough detail where it doesn't just become a ton of noise Like 2nd pick.

You gotta start somewhere nigger.

I started on trying to teach myself C by getting OpenGL working on X11.

Unless you count all the scripting I did griefing second life

If you start there, you will also end there. Exposure to web shit dissolves your brain. If limited, you can recover, but if you spent years being a web code monkey, you'll forever remain that way.

Yeah but still now I´m working with PHP, Phyton, C# and Javascript. I didn't spend years with webdev shit, I used it as a start to understand some basics.

You're still neck deep in web shit.

I started with a fucking GameMaker and now I'm working with C++, C and assembly.

One thing I like about shmups are the little options that follow you around and shoot at enemies and go pew pew.

So I added those in to space piracy, too. Placeholder sprites, unfinished art, etc, but it's really fun wading into a battle and seeing a battalion of laser fire coming from behind/above you and pelting enemies.

I can second this. Especially for javascript. It just does too many things for you, to the point where you can barely call it coding

I'm currently taking a break on my game to make a browser game, and yeah development is like 3-5x as fast, but a lot of the things you need to do feel wrong.

There's a reason why he says "if you start there you end there". Kinda what I said in response to his post, but to add to it: You don't learn the fundamentals, and in a lot of ways it actively teaches you against them. People don't hate on javascript because it's "easy", rather that it's set up to be convenient but at the same time creates this style that doesn't carry over to any other programming method.

Practice fam, but look at the other pic you posted it has a pretty specific stylized palette and the colours contrast nicely, other than the black spaces your colours don't really contrast too well, then look at what the other user posted, the skull itself gradually darkens from top to bottom which is pretty standard for hand painted textures, and the light spaces are not thin like your one your one looks less like it's shaded smoothly and more like it's shiny.

There isn't really a super hard polycount requirement, even when going for a good low poly look you can still get away with a few more poly's here and there, give the brows a proper ridge and inset the eyes properly, the face is way too flat and it looks kind of awkward.

I'm not particularly good, someone else could probably tell you not to follow my advice and for me to fuck off, but I can make a better low poly skull than that.

What you making anyway?

there should be depending on what framework you are using considering normals are always calculated to render in 3D
and regarding fluid dynamics it's not really possible to accurately simulate fluids dynamics your best bet are approximations but if you really need accurate fluid physics the overhead is gonna be massive.

Looking at the pics through another monitor, I see what you're talking about. On my main monitor the brightness is way down so parts of it look darker. This thing is still a work in progress. The only thing I really have done are the eyes, nose, and cheeks. I still need to do teeth which i'm prob fucked on tbh. I'll prob opt-out for a ghoulish decomposed zombie, instead of full on skeleton because that seems to be where this thing is going.

I'm taking a break from my other game, and just winging a browser game (which is significantly more laid back than desktop games). I was thinking of doing a diablo clone, but maybe adding some ridiculously crazy abilities which aren't straight damage. More like retarded amounts of utility. I kinda got the idea from hearing about Dota's spells. Health swap with anyone, able to turn people into ghosts for a while, being able to teleport people around, etc.

Rollan for which project to work on this weekend.

1-2: Online SHMUP
3-4: Lewd card game
5-6: Text-based MUD
7-8: Dungeon crawler
9-0: Shovelware
Dubs: Cry in bed instead

Is that skull even accurate, it looks really flat from this angle, how much tris is it? I'd add more.

Game sounds fun, maybe.

162 tris

Stop taunting me. I don't wanna dev on new year's.

Is this the writer's block I keep hearing about?

The solution is simple.
Write anything and everything that comes to mind.
Once you've written enough, step away and take a break.
Come back again later, and then sit down and start re-working what you've written into something coherent.

Writer's block occurs when you shut down your ideas as soon as you conceive of them- thus nothing gets down to the page.
It's much more productive to just turn off your mental filter while you write, then come back with that critical mindset for a separate revising session.

Imagine if you were trying to write a poem or song with lyrics.
Poems/songs often require a careful choice of words that rhyme as well as work towards communicating a message to your reader.

If you try to write a real poem from the get-go, however, you'll find yourself with a blank page after an hour.

Instead, what I do is simply brainstorm words that are related to the subject I want to write about, and words that rhyme with words I've already come up with. I just write them all down.
Then, later on, I take a step back, look at all the words I've come up with, and start thinking about how to string them together into a coherent message that has the rhyme and rhythm that poems and music are known for.

if i can make them look good, i will at least add more skin colors

i think i'm gonna capitulate to the memes for a bit, it's okay if i use that money to fuel a small studio, right?
r-right?
at least it isn't another kickstarter

Depends on the memes and who you are marketing to. If you are going to target the normalfag audience, don't use the good shit we have here

So wait, I know I should start off with messing around with Gamemaker, but what do I start with? Should I learn JavaScript, or should I just disregard it and start with c?

What you need to know is that the main differences between languages is just the syntax. Everything has functions, conditionals, loops, etc.
So going from one language to the next is mostly just learning the new syntax of how to use those same things.
If you want to start somewhere, gamemaker and Love are okay places to start, gamemaker being a full suite of development tools. Love is a game engine that uses LUA, and it's not too hard to learn.
If you're ambitious enough to use C and write your own game engine, go for it, but that's the steepest learning curve to go for if you don't have rudimentary knowledge of any language.
don't use javascript

new backhair, fronthair, mainhair, eyes, pupils, mouth and brows, also skincolor

don't worry, the meme i'm gonna use is topical and specific to a country, it won't spawn too much cancer

any of you guys have experience with a public Social Media page? going to create a Twitter account for the PR shit and then outsource/hire somebody for a barebones landing website for muh games.

Making a waifu in Zbrush. Can you guess who that is?

those hair things kinda look like tentacles

>not writing your own barebones motherfuckingwebsite.com/ or bettermotherfuckingwebsite.com/ -style website

Griffith can't be a waifu

maybe they are

Wasn't there a nodev in the last thread saying he'd release a game on Christmas? I forget what it was called but he posted a gitgud repo for the beta.

Those are clearly onion rings.

Can somebody explain what the point of these elements is? I see them all over the place and they're fucking retarded. Who came up with it?

I do that shit as a job and I can tell you that it's purely aesthetics. It makes the website look more professional and valuable and retain the viewers interest when things are moving and flipping and fading around.

Phone posters are the casuals of the internet.

Make it a cooperative and competitive where the focus is on chaos and fun instead of grinding. Shoot spells to turn friends and foes into skeletons, slimes, giants, etc. to either help them or troll them.

Monkey see javascript doohickey, monkey copy-paste javascript doohickey. All those professional Web 4.½ sites use it, having one of those must make my site look professional too and show the world that I am a competent web developer.

Any excuse to add jquery and javascript libraries is good enough. Simple dropdowns? Yeah, fuck that, jquery. Once those are there, you might as well make use of them for more things you don't need and further cement those libraries as a core part of the site. Might as well get Angular involved and have a ridiculous backend only really serving static content as well.

Fuck.

apple

Unity you fuckers.
Anyway, I gave up and did the animations in Mechanim.

Occupies a lot of space while conveying very small amounts of information (for websites without much content), looks okay and is actually appropriate in a few cases.

I actually had to explain to an electrician recently that his computer isn't shit when he browses a website and suddenly it tries to load more of the page, it's just that infinite scroll, intended for smartphones, has become the standard now and everything suffers because of it.

If he's fleecing foolish goyim of their shekels hand over fist, who gives a shit?

Damn I slept hard

By "only one playing field," I mean conceptually or logically. If you're playing chess with someone in person, you're playing on the same board. If you play with them across the internet, you're not playing on two separate boards, you're still playing on the same board, but you're seeing two views from different perspectives of that board.
I actually think you were mistaken in comparing what you're trying to do to Battleship, in that the game logic of Battleship actually takes place on two conceptually separate grids, whereas MMBN takes place on a single 3x6 grid.

Monstergrill dungeon crawler was already released
>>>/monster/243991
I even had to do day 0 patch!

I left out the point I was coming back to which is that you should be figuring out the game logic as one step, and then figuring how to present those events to the different players as a following step.

I wish I could actually reach through the internet and choke you.

Same faeries more variation, looking really nice

I'll let you choke me on the condition that you won't let go until I'm released from my existence, although I'm not the one who decides what looks professional to people.

I think it's simply because more effects and shit makes it look like more effort went into it and it was more difficult to create, ergo more expensive, ergo more professional.

I'm gonna do a 24-hour dev marathon, on-stream, non-stop, on New Year's Eve all the way into New Year.

i still think you should redo the tentacle hair

i will try to fix it, but im no artist, so i can't guarantee anything

That's a good idea. Start the year off right.
I might do the same thing, without the stream of course.

Whatever keeps you motivated to work on your projects, go for it!

Monster infighting is fun as hell. Make it a feature!

Start with C. Don't necessarily make games, just some software to solve made-up problems, and re-invent some wheels here and there. Try making linked lists, hash tables, quad trees etc. in C. In doing so you'll learn a lot about how the hardware works, and if you become adept in C you'll easily become adept in any other language. Of course the unmatched champion in this department is assembly, but modern hardware is so complicated the learning curve is more like a 9-dimensionally vertical cliff so in current year it's hard to recommend it to a beginner.

i bet you still need sleep faggot

Is there something like raw_input in GDscript? I want to have the player enter a name for their character.

Looks too linear bruh, iirc they were fairly slow especially at the start

Oh, NYE devving sounds lovely. I havent touched my PC in a week. Partially from work and mostly from not having energy.

Im that user that posts about crohns disease sometimes… last year i was 132 lbs today i am 108 lbs. Thats 18% loss in body weight. My family is worried about me.

Remember to always do your best!

looks like LineEdit just werx

Imagine an open world mon-catching game using grid-based tactics combat, where instead of catching monsters, you catch other players

and then you mine a huge cube, and there is a cube inside the cube

fixed tentacle hair, added another face template and increased resolution

Can somebody tell me why Y is returning consistently as -16777216 (which is also NaN I believe)? This is in GDscript. It's based on the formula of a circle, I'm trying to randomly get coordinates on the perimeter of a circle. I've split the formula like this for debugging reasons and I don't get it. It just seems to say "fuck it" at a certain point and just makes y something crazy

var radius = get_parent().creation_radius randomize() var x = rand_range(-1.0*radius, 1.0*radius) var neg_root = randi() % 2 var h = get_parent().position.x var k = get_parent().position.y var y if(neg_root): var part1 = pow(radius , 2.0) var innerpart = (x - h)*1.0 var part2 = pow(innerpart, 2.0) y = -1.0 * sqrt(part1 - part2) + k else: var part1 = pow(radius , 2.0) var innerpart = (x - h)*1.0 var part2 = pow(innerpart,2.0) y = sqrt(part1 - part2) + k var location = Vector2(x, y)

What values are in innerpart and part2? I'm guessing they aren't what you have in mind.

innerpart obviously depends on what x is, but each time i've debugged, it's been what I've expected. Part2 however, is always 400, which is of course wrong. Only part1 should always been 400 (because radius is currently 20). Even so, even if part1 and part2 where always 400, it shouldn't make Y be NaN

sounds like undefined behavior. is sqrt in GDscript defined for negative numbers? if part2 is higher than part1 then you get a negative numbers, which is undefined behavior in C, and it might also be undefined behavior in GDScript (especially if the GDScript parser is written in C.. but this is just a guess. Look up the spec to see)

actually sqrt(0) may be NaN i would check the documentation to see what the behaviour is

Happy new year to me

wee

You could also add variation to the distance between eyes/eye height/mouth height/mouth width

Why did you not just hit Win+L to lock your screen?
You're just as bad as your father.

Serves you right you degenerate faggot

I can only hope you live in Cuckanada where 2D CP is actually illegal

Are ya winnin, son?

I think you are correct.

nigga i wasn't expecting him to barge in my room like that

lel

also I live the legal zone but still fucking normalfags won't understandu

problem is, I can't seem to find any sort of documentation for that.

Here's the official docs that I've found, it says nothing about what behavior the functions are defined for
http:[email protected]/* */#class-gdscript-sqrt

hum, will have to add some checks to not have the pupils/brows lose aligment, but might do it

You should be able to make a better one for fewer polygon's, don't worry about making it smooth worry about it's silhouette, zoom out turn on material shading which will make it completely black unless you have a lightsource and rotate around it a bit.

I just spent an hour staring at my shitty spaghetti code only to switch an "if" to an "elif"

at least you didnt have to chase down a disappeared curly brace

I've added an abs() inside my sqrt() function call and that seemed to do it, in case anyway was wondering

At least you didnt spend the last week thinking about byte formats for your game maos instead of programming things

Rate my itch.io release page: ika.itch.io/redsky?secret=0Pwz5Vk2LaEbydDqTztPDxn0FuM

The game isn't uploaded yet and the trailer is also not done yet, so its still not done, but its a start.

I thought that was it.

At least you can code :(

you faggot nigger

I created a skull to point out what I think are the issues with your own, also I needed one for a project I'm working on so I figured sure why not. It's also only 158 tris all up and still maintains a good silhouette and when working in low poly the slihouette and deformation are two things you really need to keep in mind.

The texture shown is 128x128 but you really want to work in a much higher resolution and downscale it, You should probably aim for a more rigid downscale but I don't actually know how to do that even though I should.

Most of the extra polygons where because I was making this thing out of a sphere, and haven't really cut out the extra ring. After removing a ton of verticies around the back of the head I got it cut down to 132.

Holy shit fam.

Mines 110 without the jaw, also I don't agree with your cuts for the uv, try model with mirror modifier or use the symmetrize function under mesh tools in case you aren't already.

I think you can cut out more tris and get a good shape, okay look at the nose on your one and then look at my nose, my nose all up is 4 polygons but it also includes most of the upper teeth, your nose is 8 tris and is currently an ngon, that sort of detail should be used to inlay the eyes instead, the eyes are also a much more prominent and major feature of the skull that draws the eyes of people looking at it, because they are a flat plane they will look bad from more angles, having them inset makes them more believable from more angles too.

Just try and cut out more and the slihouette is something I can't stress more, pay attention to what it looks like more as only it's silhouette.

Also I'd show you my UVs but i literally was like fuck it part way through and the part under the skull is 2 separate islands floating in space, ugly stuff really.

We use shitty jquery libraries for dropdowns because styling HTML dropdowns is like skulling cum straight from satan's barbed cock.

I have to do things like like that at my job. The managers like it that way. They think it's stylish or something. Can't wait to retire.

anyone got any advice for making a human model in blender, i could use so help mostly because im trying to mimic SMT 3 art style, so any tips or videos?

Why yes I do, just like make human model.

New to gamedev and I've used gamemaker for a while but can't get into it. Should I try Godot or keep working at GM?

I was thinking of cutting parts of the nose, but then I realized if I did the UV edge for one of the seams would be directly ontop of the rotting cheek part, and it'd turn into a nightmare to fix the edge, and would probably pop up a ton if i moved other shit around. I still managed to merge some polygons on it, and then I resliced the triangles (blender automatically picked some akward ones) and I got it down to 118 tris. I also got the brow to pop more. Looks a lot spookier now.

couple of questions about your page as a starter:

add in some tacky effects and .gifs, and your page will be Geocities-tier

If there's any consolation, it's that you actually bothered to adjust your game page outside of the White&Grey default that itch.io uses

I wasn't viewing the header as a placeholder, do you think it would be better if it had the game's title on it?

The body section is not a gradient, I don't believe it allows you to do that, but I don't know.

Yes. You can download that and others like it here: sfsu.edu/~jtolson/textures/textures.htm

I don't see font rendering issues. Its just using some of the premade settings, so I don't know.

Do you think its good or bad? The game looks rather old so a 90s look seems alright, as long as its not over the top.

There's still way too much detail on the back and roof of the skull and the face's detail is just being wasted the way you are doing the nose it should just be one triangle, I guess that's one benefit of not working with the mirror modifier, I recommend you just delete a bunch of faces and try again but I guess your skull looks like a skull so you could just ignore me.

If you want to manually make tris select two points and hit j to join them, I didn't know this until a few months back and I used to cut them manually with the knife tool.

making some decent progress on this so far, still have to add a check for which direction the player faces when mining so the 3x3 radius of the target harvested stone changes on the x/z/y axis accordingly, also so cobblestone is included in the check to break if picked to update on adjacent harvest
if player is below a given Y level and has fortune pickaxe, there's a random chance that stone will drop a geode which can be broken for random gem(s), and obsidian shatters like glass to provide shards used to craft an ancient aztec weapon (damage starts high but degrades with durability because obsidian a shit), still trying to figure out how to change obsidian so any tier tool can break it
I think I'm pretty much done with this for right now, so gonna move on to overhauling the hunger mechanic and player buffs based on statistics

(brb, entering PR Mode)

Without a title, a person who first sees the game may be unaware of your product's 'nature'. Even if a throwaway-title is used, it makes the potential customer more familiar with a more natural 'flow' of the site's layout.
On that other aside,

You could arguably sprinkly some more light elements of 90s cheese as a sort of accompanyment to the page.

/PR

as for the font rendering stuff, I have no clue if it's down to the sites defaults, or of like you changing the page font to Times New Roman. It's a bit of a crap bandage, but maybe you could just keep the Serif fonts to the Titles and Subheadings, while using a Sans-Serif font to stymie the rendering for now.

some "research/reference material" could be to check out the more higher-profile games on itch.io like Ravenfield for a more "cleaner" view (steelraven7.itch.io/ravenfield). also of note is the game page for 'My Summer Car', which while isn't powered by itch.io, but the site's design expands more, hamming up the Geocities look.

sage for some tl;dr shit here

I discovered you can slice them with K to. I'm not really ignoring your advice, as much as slowly trying to tweak it the way you describe without breaking it or redo'ing everything. I got it down to 98 tris but cutting a ton of stuff off the back. I tried cutting the top but all my approaches came out looking pretty awkward, and attempts at making the cheek bones pop out more also ended up looking kinda weird.

*by cutting stuff off the back

You don't have to post your silhouette you just need to zoom out a bit and gravitate around your model so you can get a good idea of what it looks like in 3d, it's a really important thing to stand back and look at your work from many different angles when working in 3d, especially if it's going to be viewed from many different angles. Upload your model and I will see if I can save on tris. also stop using ngons. I won't give you back your work but it would be easier for me to critique it if I had it in front of me. You don't have to do this at all.

There's no need. I was really just looking for pointers, and the ones you gave really made it come a long way. It's starting to adopt it's own aesthetics.

Good, yeah it looks much better.

i see removing teeth makes it look better

The teeth don't need to be so huhwyte though, holy shit.

I stopped halfway through the teeth to tweak the model. That's not really what they're suppose to look like.

are there any niggas familiar with 3ds files/in depth mod hacking?

I just want the 3d models from a romfs I extracted
I got the .bin file for a model but I can't open it in noesis or anywhere else

romfs > extract .fa file > character model folder > extract the .xc file >get pic related

am I suppose to group them together/make them into one file?
EFE and Noesis won't open the .bin files; I even tried renaming them into .narc but nope shit doesn't work

that is some pretty shitty fucking documentation right there is that really the best there is?
If it is i suggest you start programming in a real language instead cause you are gonna keep running into issues like this

If someone were to make a turn-based wargame (think Wargame but turnbased), would you prefer normal turns (player A moves his units, shoots, etc, then player B does the same, repeat) or simultaneous turns (player A and player B give orders, cue x seconds of turn resolution where units on both sides complete or attempt to complete said orders)?

You can get which side of the block the player is looking at (like hopper placement), use that instead. If you use facing (like piston placement) you get a weird effect when the player mines at very small angles.

Just use some test cases like sqrt(16), sqrt(-1), sqrt(-16) to see what it does, no documentation required.

I personally have a soft spot for simultaneous resolution, but it might be a lot harder to make good AI for that if you were planning on doing so. Unless you cheat and allow the AI to react a bit during a turn, but that's shit.

du jude

It's amazing what a simple tweak of color can do

That's the biggest issue, and one I can't see a solution to. If say, a tank is supposed to fire at another tank but it goes just out of view behind a building, what is the tank supposed to do? Stop and do nothing until the new order comes in next turn? Keep scanning to see if it can re-acquire and fire before time is up? Let AI take over and decide to move into a position where it can fire (which is likely not where the player intended for it to go next turn and will lead to a lot of frustration)?

I love simultaneous turn resolutions too but I am heavily leaning towards the standard fare with reactions (just so the enemy can't manoeuvre all over the place in front of your loaded guns while you look on with your dick in your hands waiting for your turn). All the different orders and possibilities just make simultaneous nigh impossible. For example in the last example, a player might choose to shoot through the house at a loss of penetration, or he might choose to not fire until he gets a clear shot to avoid reload time and not make his own position known, it all depends on how vital it is to take out that enemy ASAP (and in this case, the AI deciding to fire might lead to a non-penetration, the enemy popping out of cover next turn while your tank is reloading, killing it, and that's when you hit ALT+F4).

why does it have those spots?

Because it is loosely based on the 6th camo pattern, see image.

oh i see, never saw a camo pattern with dots before, or maybe i just didn't notice it

That's how effective it is.

Has anyone here actually made money off of your games?

how do i do version control in linux

And I'm done. It doesn't look too bad for something which is done by auto unwrapping only, through it kinda sucks that there is no way to control it in more advanced manner such as marking faces for sharing UV space or reserving spaces or so.

pls consider learning byond code and coding for the ss13 servers we got

pls

Programming is not my biggest strength.

it's what we desperately need, spiriting is simple enough and I do it currently

now thats some weird behaviour, must be related to the seeds im using since they are consecutive (1320~1329)

BYOND is a fucking shit.

Any coder you find here will either have no idea what theyre doing, or will be pedantic enough to remake it all in C++

I used to do some stuff for Pizza. Maybe I'll pick it up again if I have the time.

This.

agreed

we need a replacement for it

please and thanks

What is your next year resolution, /agdg/?

Work hard and get a successful crowdfunding campaign to leave my job and go full indiedev

I want to finish one game.
Also gain 30 lbs so I'm not underweight and almost dying

(checked)
that my fucking headaches will finally stop for good but it will never happen, that and staying as a NEET. had a computer CT scan but those nig found NUFFIN

I don't make New Year's resolutions, but I would like to finish another game next year instead of endlessly stalling and looking at engines/libraries I probably won't end up using.

I had something similar for the longest time, couldn't figure out what was wrong until I found that sleeping on the floor or a thin foam mat helped a lot. It's too late to go back and fix all the years wasted because of those fucking headaches, but at least now I have the clarity of mind to actually do shit again.

I'm lacking a coder, so I'm just taking my time trying to get better at modeling.

I'm gonna lift.
Moving into sheltered housing for autistic people, and one of the things listed on my shit I decided I have to do is that, so I'm going to be forced to keep my resolution by the government.

And a happy new year to you fags who share a +1 timezone with me. Too bad I'm at a party and can't dev, but I'll make up for it tomorrow. Cheers!

A happy new year to you as well, 8b9f45
I have to finish a game prototype for Jan 21th and I am so far away from completion that stress makes it hard for me to truly enjoy this moment

Unless you're under NDA like me just post about it here user. We're all willing to help you as much as we can. You can do it!

>sheltered housing for autistic people

That is very kind of you user, I am actually in yesdev college with actual competent teachers so there is no NDA involved. I am the user who posted that chaika iron cannon in the previous thread and currently texturing it using 3d coat as required, but it's UI gives me a headache.

One thing that has been bugging me about my cannon mesh, though, is pic related.
This frame is supposed to be flat and look flat. Is there something wrong with my topology? Is my curve an absolutely haram clusterfuck? All vertices within the surface have the same X.

Pls no bully, I have little clue about the do's and dont's of 3D mod methodology.

(checked)
hmm sounds plausible I heard similar stories from other nigs, through in my case I suspect it's because I switched immediately from e-cig's to regular smokes because I couldn't be bothered to buy 10 bucks for a e-cig filter equivalent which is needed else no vapors, there is a e-cig retail store at my place but those cunts jewed me out 2x times, fuck them.

My only bet is some of those normals could be fugged up or there is some vertices clusterfuck which can mess up stuff too.

All edges around these are soft, and normals aren't baked (base maya material).

Here are the vertices

hmm, are you sure the outer edges are marked as hard?

I wanted to keep them soft so that I don't have to bevel the outer edges further in order to keep their smooth look.

I have tried hardening them: Makes the clusterfuck less visible, but still there.

well that some well detailed and great advice, this is what im stuck at, i suck at lips, and i dont know how to go more into detail like eyes and hair.
know this im making this blind i did not make any concept art, so im just making have this up as i go

Faeries facial features are now heavily based on their traits, nice results all arround

That's a thing that exists? What country/Why? You're sane enough to speak in coherent sentences, and (presumably) self-determining enough to make video games, so why do you need someone to look after you? What does it cost?

I'm surprised you didn't reply eearler, I would have given you far more advice if you did.

Topology is a big part of faces, it practically builds the face itself.

Your topology is a mess.

Well it looks one of those edges are actually a problem, could you export the model as .dae and upload it to mixtape.moe if you don't mind?

Topology.
That's the key word for you.
The first few minutes of vid related ought to help as a very brief introduction to the subject.
Look for Jonathan Williamson's Topology Collection series for a more in-depth look at human topology.

Here's the Topology Collection I just mentioned, specifically the episode covering head topology.

whats wrong with this? This arrangement does the operation while also saving as many triangles as possible. Any other arrangement would add in more triangles.

Here
my.mixtape.moe/dpxeqd.dae

thank you, but i would like to know how is my topology a mess, and this is after watching the video, the only part i see a problem is the eyes, but is their anything im missing, or is that it

Holy shit fam you serious?

I had to only select the faces and marking them as hard, can Maya/3DS Max of your application do this?

this was my first try just so you know, were you expecting that it would be more human like on the first try?

I get the impression that they were mocking you because you implied that you couldn't see some of the obvious flaws

No you retard, that video should be pretty clear, look at your mouth, that's not a loop, it has to be an actual loop, to check this hit ctrl+r to activate loopcut and you will see it doesn't go around the whole mouth, you're missing the loop that goes from the bridge to the chin, you're missing the loop that goes from the top of the head around the jawline, these are important in so many ways, they allow you to articulate your model and they help define the shape of the model.

Yes.

Topology isn't a subject we can baby feed to you in a quick shitpost, you're going to have to spend hours watching other people modeling with good topology, studying topology tricks, and practicing/mimicking what they show you until the tricks of the trade are drilled into your skull.

This is a good series to see step by step how to go about forming a human mesh with good topology:
cgcookie.com/archive/modeling-the-female-body-course/

This playlist is all out of order unfortunately, but makes for a very full/complete guide to modeling in general, and also includes several great videos on topology, all-quad junctions, etc. in some of the earlier sections:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLCb1SyYljsLNW8_XRIu8XYhd3pPnUlmF6

Get watching. Video tutorials are the best way to learn 3D design in Blender imo.

The issue with your topology currently is you're barely using any poles anywhere other than the eyes, so pretty much any detail (read: edge-loops, Ctrl+R) you add anywhere other than the eyes is going to make a mess all over your model.
You need to learn how to use poles and all-quad junctions to localize topology to a particular region of your model.

Is this good topology or should I retopoflo?

I have set all edges as hard in Maya, this is the result.
Perhaps is it coming from maya's renderer itself? I kinda doubt so because it is also slightly visible in 3d coat (but disappears once I edit it's normal map).
I'm allowing myself to lose time with this "detail" mostly because I'm afraid to be penalized for this

Can I ask you to apply your change to all four occurances of the problem and send it to me as an obj/fbx/dae? I want to see if the problem is indeed coming from maya

Here m8: my.mixtape.moe/ecwkwn.blend my.mixtape.moe/npktnp.dae

Actually this reminds me of something, in 3DS Max at least (dunno about maya) there is smoothing groups and when faces near each to the other faces share the same smoothing group it will appear as smooth, so you might have to check for those if they are correctly set.

You should probably read more tutorials on how to do 3D modelling first fam

So in the end this is not Maya fugging around it seems.
I have to give up the smoothing of my mesh without using additional beveling of my outer edges, but it is worth the price (I can also still manage to make it look as smooth as well carved wood within 3d coat).

Thanks a lot for the help my nigga, now I will look much less like an autistic kid when I will have to explain and defend my mesh in front of my teachers during the audition period.
I will finish texturing my mesh tomorrow and surely post the result afterwards. Have a fruitful new year!

no problem m80, you should tell your teachers that your model is very important because you know historic piece and military value and so on :^)

Y-you too. I don't want to drag anybody down here but I am very pessimistic about 2017, I am stuck in yuropoor led by a insufferable commie cunt who just fantasizes that her own people get raped by mudslime scums

I set myself a small goal of finishing a mockup before 2017. Still some things I could improve I'm sure, but I'm happy I made some progress.

Happy new year, lads.

Wir werden schon irgendwie überleben, fam.

I'm your neighbour and its not better where I live, good luck and happy new year

Oh it's nice to see that you are popping up here too manye.

Ich hoffe so, Ich kanns echt ned ausstehen wenn ich die Fresse von Merkel mir anschaue, das sie so einfach sagt ohne Scham und sonst noch was das die dumme Flüchtlinge hier einfach so 'ne Opfer vom Kriegs Regionen sind und dann verteidigt sie auch. "Nee nee dat is ned ne angriff auf Westliche Zivilisation sonder auf unsere Willkommen Kultur" ne scheiß Dreck ist es.

(checked)
Damn did your traitors apologized for the actions of those rapefugees too? Well anyway a happy new year too you to.

I'm always around, just don't post much.

Ich denke spätestens bei den Wahlen wird sich was ändern. Wenns zu krass wird verpiss ich mich nach Russland oder so. Wir können nur abwarten und schauen was kommt.

Pic related m80

It that a Jew or an Italian?

Jew.

Die AfD Partei hat schon jetzt gut überstanden die können jetzt weiter machen mit deren Wahlen und so. Seit dem Trump gewählt wurden und die Briten zumindest per Referendum was nicht ganz 'offiziell' ist ihrem Brexit haben möchte ich schon noch sehen das Deutschland aufersteht und nicht so eine Trümmerhaufen aussieht nur weil Merkel und ihrem Lakaien so macht besessen sind. Aber ja hast schon recht viel mehr kann ich von meiner Seite aus nichts machen.

At 2008 already and look it is pretty much ok to hate on the Jews as long one loves race mixing with the mudslimes, i find it sad for you baguette bro that Paris looks like a shit hole now thanks to all those niggers and their watermelon checks, through from what I have read a bit on french/pol/ France has still plentiful of towns that are not pozzed yet.

The nose knows.

Yes we have a lot of unpozzed small towns but the mind of the average jackoff is completely rotten, what about you guys in Germany with the volkish town that seems to pop up here and there ?

Wenn ich mir die anderen Länder anschaue hab ich meine Zweifel ob es die EU bald noch so gibt. Es wird auf jedenfall interessant. Ich mache mir aber schon Gedanken nach meiner Ausbildung abzuhauen.

I live in the south in a rural area and I think most people here still have very traditional values. But towns are cesspools, as is to be expected.

**Most of German towns are pretty safe for now, at least the smaller ones but apart from that I don't know much. I know through I read somewhere that one of German Town was supposed to take like 5x as much more or so in rapefugees and some of those Citizens complained that there is more money available for the (((victims of war))) then for their elders.

Germany is a special case which is 1. ZOG (Zionist Occupied Government) which is highly evident after the allied victories, the Americans and others did invested very heavily and still today in propaganda and what is known as De-nazification process. So skip it about 70 years later the average German is highly brainwashed and almost impossible to deprogram. So things like Anti-Fa who are heavily anti-german are allowed to exist freely and are even funded by the German state**

Wenn ich mir die anderen Länder anschaue hab ich meine Zweifel ob es die EU bald noch so gibt. Es wird auf jedenfall interessant. Ich mache mir aber schon Gedanken nach meiner Ausbildung abzuhauen.
Ich würde die EU auf jedenfall nicht vermissen, es hat viel mehr Sachen, Leute, Familien so wie deren Zukunft vernichtet als es überhaupt geholfen hat. Aber die meisten Leute sind ja noch dafür weil die damit die Bequemlichkeiten haben bei deren Urlaub die Geld nicht mehr umtauschen zu müssen

Seems cool then.

Yeah I heard about what you're talking about but when the pendulum is going to swing back the other way, it's going to be nasty. I hope the anti-fas get executed along everyone who supported them.

Yeah pic related, I am surprised they haven't killed themselves yet for their rampant ethno-maschosim.

Irgendwann gehen die Bequemlichkeiten auch flöten, z.B. wenn das Geld nichts mehr Wert ist. Bedenk, die Einheimischen sind noch weit aus in der Überzahl und die Situation ist schon so miserabel, dass die Medien explodieren. Ich bin mir sicher, dass es bald 'nen großen Wendepunkt gibt.

Anyway, I think that's enough krautspeak.

It's still a really nice place to live, especially the Black Forest area.
Can't stop history from repeating itself. I don't exactly want to be around for it, though.

We'll have to do what's right, besides if we let them live they're just going to come back later and our great grandkids may have to deal with it all over again.

Lmao, these tards make their plans in public ? Should be easy to false flag and hurt them real good.

Which symbol looks better for a teleporter?

I like the first one, I was going to have the second be used for an dispel trap

The one with the slight spiral/swastika looks better for the teleportation, and the other seems better for the dispel.

Yeah anti-fa groups ain't known to be very bright. One of those cucklords even engaged against a bot without knowing it sadly I don't have this screencap at hand :^(

The first one looks very noice. :^)

Yeah, I'm just not much one for conflict I think. I'm a mental midget.

First one looks better for teleportation, but it looks too much like you know what. Maybe try a spiral pattern of some sort.

This is what the original game's looked like for reference

The Netherlands, and most of my problems are either due to audio-input overwhelming me to the point of stopping me in my tracks or social anxiety. I'd have gotten an asperger diagnosis but they changed it to all be called autism a while back.
It costs ~400 euros a month in rent, and like 15 euros for the actual help since da gubmint pays most of that. I don't get autismbux though, and am at a pretty reputable study for learning to do gamedev professionally. the study turned to shit a year ago, but at least it put me into contact with soe corporations to get a AAA job fo a few years to earn big bux and start devving for myself.

Happy new year user, your art still looks amazing. Makes me wish I wasn't only good at programming. Und da hast recht, wir werden nicht nut uberleben aber wir werden alle sbesser machien dieses jahr!.Ich bin nicht mal Deutsch aber alles gutes mein freund.

I'd mirror it just to be safe, or rotate it 45 degrees. I personally don't mind swastikas but other people might.

I'm drunk, apologies for any typos I might have made.

>I'm drunk, apologies for any typos I might have made.
I'd be disappointed if you weren't.

I'm trying to find the idea way to store the data for a Roguelike in C++. Currently I have an entity object which represents everything that can be drawn. The player, monsters, and terrain inherit from it. It's all stored in a single vector. I'm wonder if it would be a better idea to use a fixed size array, if only for the map.

Just out of curiosity what program did you use to make this? I'm wanting to have a poke at making music myself. If anyone else has a suggestion I'm all ears too.

Try this: openmidiproject.osdn.jp/Sekaiju_en.html

If you're willing to pay money, Cubase is nice.
I've been on Linux for a number of years now, but I haven't really found a good replacement for Cubase. Bitwig Studio seems kinda promising but costs money/closed-source. Ardour doesn't have great MIDI support, LMMS also has lousy MIDI support although it has improved in some small ways in recent years.

Personally I like working with Famitracker 0cc, Deflemask, and OpenMPT. I haven't tried Renoise much, but it seems promising. The only program I listed that costs money is Renoise.
I should probably start posting my shitty music here for feedback because I need it desperately

Thanks, user. Really appreciate it.
Your german's pretty good. Let's hope so.

Oh shoot, I forgot to mention.
XPMCK is great if you want to make authentic GameBoy chiptunes.
jiggawatt.org/muzak/xpmck/

It can do music for other consoles as well, but I haven't particularly looked into it.
Also, while learning how to use XPMCK you'll learn MML (Music Macro Language), which is great as a shorthand for jotting down a melody you just came up with if you're sitting in front of a piano or keyboard.

Finish a game. Embed related.

Which one? Digipen or equivalents? Just curious, since I'll be going to back to college this year. No need to answer if it will compromise your anonymity, though.

I made none. But I want to exercise more.

Meine Wohnung is über einem Hostel, das bis mindestens Ende 2017 Zimmer an Flüchtlinge vermietet. Bleibt zu hoffen, das alles gut ausgeht, ich zieh hier nie im Leben aus

Ich hoffe du wirst nicht so enden wie bei der Italienisches Hotel Besitzer. I fugged up the posting

Happy New Year anons.

Hope I can find help on two main things:
- How does one make a convincing sand level? Right now I have two terrains on top of each other, but the camera often clips. I plan to have more dust particles but not while testing.
- Anyone know of any shitlord female voice actress? I think the second voice actress I planned to hire bailed after receiving the script because she couldn't stand stronk independent nationalist women.

Lacht seine verdammte Tochter über ihn und filmt das?

Mein Beileid.

Kein plan, ein andere user von hier hätte gemeint das einer dieses Polizisten ihm auslachen.

Getting my life back in order.

Wir können nur hoffen. Es gibt ja das schöne Sprichwort: Wahltag ist Zahltag.
Was mir die größten Sorgen bereitet ist, dass der Schaden, welcher bereits angerichtet worden ist, sich so schnell nicht wieder reparieren lassen wird. Versuche mal diese ganzen illegalen Einwanderer zu finden. Viel Glück dabei.

The problem with the political pendulum is that it doesn't follow the laws of physics. It's not a given that it loses some amount of energy on each swing. It's entirely possible that it'll just keep getting worse until we — or should I say our governments — blow all of us up.

What the fuck? This makes no fucking sense. Actually nevermind I managed to get it working by pushing the load order above the microtank.pk3 mod. But still this makes no sense that it is happening in the first place. At least it did not break the Item buy menu stuff that I added in from other mod. I managed to isolate all the important ACS stuff relevant for muh mod.
welp, it would be very nice of him if he could give me some assistances to get the tank control properly working in Multiplayer. Until then I cannot publish this mod.

Ach was die Lösung ist doch ganz einfach, erkläre dass die Islam eine verbotenes Religion ist und schon werden die ganzen Kakerlaken sich öffentlich bekannt machen :^)

casul

I have a girlfriend who can do pretty decent voice acting. Though we don't have amazing recording software.

Gee, where have I seen this before?

fuck me, meant recording hardware*

Well it's a level 5 boss and the character starts as level 1, so it's a lot of trash to shoot through before can test the encounter; also I'm looking for gaps in game logic so I have to be hit or captured a few times, and I can't test if I die too quickly.

Thanks, I can send the script upon request, my email is in the respective field of this post, I am willing to compensate your girlfriend, I hope she has a more cutesy voice. I don't mind just using audacity, I've accepted USB mics and even celphone recording (Samsung internal mic quality is decent), no professional studio room required.

Haha just taking the piss fam. Yeah she can do some pretty cute voices though. I'll give her the email address.

here's your triplanar shader Holla Forums

I've been rewriting my retro sector based rendering engine to use OpenGL quads instead of rasterizing walls line by line, as this was a mathematical nightmare beyond my capabilities. The rewrite is a nightmare in its own right, but I'm progressing well.

Those textures look really bad. For the sand pile you could use a recolored redstone dust. The obsidian shard should match the color palette of the obsidian block

Slightly unfucked the shader performance as well. AA no longer chugs as much.

Is the tentacles geting under the terrain intentional?

God damn, that AA makes her textures look even more lifelike ;_;
Good to see you're alive, too.

Happy new year, fam!
Thank you all for the criticism for my attempts at music. Each response helps a lot, I consider every advice carefully. To answer some of the questions: I use SunVox and I don't use any samples or soundfonts.

Here's a new track, imagine this playing after an RPG battle when splitting the loot or something:
my.mixtape.moe/dsdcpi.mp3

Critique, please!

Well, well. Look who decided who show his tasty butt again. Glad to see you're still around.

It's not bad, but there's always room for improvement.
Instead of simply switching between two keys, It might be good to try to work your way towards having more intricate chord progressions, maybe even for a shorter victory tune.
youtube.com/watch?v=v0A-zgoQVSE

But even if you just want to switch back and forth between two keys, it's still possible to create a short melody that will stand out more and stick in the listener's head (see embed).
Listen to the embed song closely- there's a lot of repetition in it, but a bit more variance than you might give it credit for.
There's the introduction, then the first measure of the loop. The second measure differs from the first measure. The third measure is a repeat of the first, but the fourth is a bit different from the second. Then it repeats those four measures in a different key.
So the melody follows this pattern of "A-B-A-D", then changes key and plays "A-B-A-D" again.
Also note the tempo of this is fairly fast- it's a victory song, so it needs to be upbeat! The song you have right now might be a touch slow for a victory theme.

Thanks a lot for the feedback. People mentioned that my previous tune (my.mixtape.moe/awwcot.mp3) didn't have a memorable melody, and I assumed that's because I developed it too much, i.e. most of the song consists of the melody constantly mutating and the original tune only repeats once. This is why this time I held back on that and focused on repeating the main melody more and mutating it less. Did I overdo it?

Also I'd really love me some feedback on how the tune sounds in general, if the melody seems "off" or anything like that. It's hard for me to notice those things after listening to the same thing over and over again.

I'll finish that tutorial soon ;)

Regarding your previous song…If I were to write down the pattern your melody is made of, it would be something like (starting on the first measure of melody that is played):
"A-B-C-D-E-A-F"
I think that's what you mean by 'overdevelopment', and I agree- that's not really much a pattern that the listener can catch onto, and most of these sections aren't bringing any new keys/chords into the picture.

Switching back and forth between two keys might be OK for a short victory theme, but for a song that plays for two minutes or longer you're probably going to want to add in a more complete chord progression that the melody can play off of and entertain the listener for a longer period of time. You also probably need something that resembles a overarching pattern in the way your melody progresses throughout the song.

Let me post this song again, listen to the very beginning, it starts playing the melody. (You can hear the chord progression underneath this if you listen closely, but it's easier to hear in later sections.)
The melody starts out with ten unique notes being played. Then the first half or so of those ten repeat, but the second half is somewhat different. Then the first half is played, and then a new second half is played.
So the pattern of this melody is "A-B-A-D".
Simple but elegant.
There's enough repetition to be memorable, but also enough variance to be interesting.

Skip to where this melody is sung with the vocals, and listen not to the melody/vocals, but the underlying chord progression. There's a lot more than just switching between two keys going on here!
Note how during the 'B' section of the melody, many minor chords are played, which makes the song feel "unresolved"- if you stopped the song right there, it would feel like something was missing.
The 'D' starts off with some more minor chords, but ends with major chords, relieving that tension, making the melody feel 'complete'.

"A-B-A-D" isn't the only melodic pattern you'll find in music, but it's definitely a popular and effective one.

tl;dr, I think the key words you need to look into some more are "chord progression" and "melodic patterns".

One other thing: if you don't play an intrument already, picking up an instrument (piano is well-suited for composition, keyboards are cheap and can connect to your computer) and learning to play some music will help you understand better how songs are structured, which in turn should help a lot with your composition.

Let's look at another song for kicks.
This melody starts out with the pattern "A-B-A-D", but then has a second section, "E-F-G-H".

Each part of the pattern in this song is two measures long, the whole song is done and loops back to the beginning pretty quickly, so even with a section that doesn't repeat very much like "E-F-G-H", the song can still stick in the listener's mind.

Wrong song and forgot to polite sage for double-post.
Shoot me.

Meanwhile I have to write a 10 page paper on developing portable software. Complete with citations and shit. Formatting, font-size, etc. are strictly defined and quotes and images don't count, so no bullshitting there.

Question; When do you guys make new threads?

I have a little surprise for you all when the new thread is up!

300 replies and at page 13.

I have no idea where to look to examine that. I've looked into the hopper class, the hopper tileentity class, and it's led me to the util.Facing class.
I have no idea how to adapt this for the context of digging.
I did finally figure out how to add a function properly, or as java likes to call it, "methods". Now I wont have 64 lines of code for checking the 14 potential positions around the target block a player is harvesting.

You jump straight to it without any buildup. The tune has no "narrative". Once you've been listening for several seconds it's alright (I can't give you critique on that, it's beyond me), but you need to ease the melody at the beginning with some sort of intro. Check out classic vidya songs and pay attention to how they change from the moment they start to when the real meat starts (you go straight to the meat instead).

I'm done! I ported this shit from SFML CPU raster to SDL2 and OpenGL. It doesn't look like much, but now I can move on to textures and lighting, and I get free shaders already in.

After that I will have to make an editor, because building test maps by hand is a pain in the ass.

I'm not sure how you would access that information since I don't want to look into Notch's code, ever, but I do know the F3 menu contains the side of the block you look at so maybe you can find the relevant code/method somewhere in the class related to that. Not sure in which version that was added and which one you're devving for, though.

Correction after looking on google for a bit: found some tutorial for finding which block the playr looks at, which seems to include side:
MovingObjectPosition mop = Minecraft.getMinecraft().renderViewEntity.rayTrace(200, 1.0F);if(mop != null){ int blockHitSide = mop.sideHit; Block blockLookingAt = worldObj.getBlock(mop.blockX, mop.blockY, mop.blockZ) ; }
From jabelarminecraft.blogspot.nl/p/minecraft-forge-172-finding-block.html

It's the tune that plays when you defeated the enemies, I don't think you really want an intro there.

finished all 40 trait icons, took me about 10 hours, faster than expected i guess
im exausted

Even if it's three notes, you never go straight into a chorus. Your sound is not bad, but it's too flat in that regard. At least try to alternate.

As I said, listen to battle music and notice the "narrative" they have. The voices (not instruments) need to talk to each other, ask and answer, as if they were telling a story. Even if it's a battle, there's always a beginning, a middle and an ending.

Just listen to battle music from classic JRPGs and you'll see.

Actually reading a little further up on the page, it looks like getLookVec() is what I want.
It returns a normalized vector of which direction the player is facing, so it might just work. Now I gotta look up what a normalized vector is.

I'm not the guy who made it user. And it has a few notes of intro, the increasing pitch roll(?) I don't know shit about music in the first second.

Any vector divided by it's own length. Which basically means it's length becomes 1.

Well I thought using getLookVec() was gonna work. Added a conditional for if the direction.zCoord == 1, to do update on all blocks surrounding the harvested block on the X axis.
I got very strange results. Changed update probability to 100% for the sake of testing this.

Found someone else that has a method for handling this. They're using raytracing to get the facing direction of the player during the harvest event. Can't be any worse than what I've got.

Cute.

Tentacles going under, yes. To make it feel like a sand creature. Camera going under, no.

Why not just change the 6 cardinal adjacent blocks?

I'm waiting, nigga.

If you do the cross product between your look vector and the block's face normal vector you can determine which one you are looking at.

The cross product of two vectors is negative if they are facing each other.

You will probably have to pair that with some angle calculations for the cases when you are looking at a corner, though. Probably.

Just realized Mixamo discontinued UE4 support:

blog.mixamo.com/2016-update/

Some people complaining. Using a script to rename all the bones doesn't fix everything. The standard FBX still works but this means I have to switch to a new skeleton, I hope I don't need any more animations for the old rigs.

I just achieved foolproof physics-friendly collision checking. After struggling with maths for several hours it feels good.

What the fuck?

I was checking if you could see my name and email by tweaking the levels on the image and figured I'd post that too.

It's been a productive and tiring day.

Sadly I don't have time for that sort of autism right now.

Does this look acceptable as random engine parts on the back of the falcon.

Are your portals just holes or do you actually transform the viewpoint to allow shit like pic related?

So agdg I am about to release my game once i make a trailer for it. I'm going to release it on itch.io and gamejolt, which other platforms should I release it on as well?

ika.itch.io/redsky?secret=0Pwz5Vk2LaEbydDqTztPDxn0FuM

This is my itch.io page, im going to also put this on gamejolt after I put it on itch.io. How do I shill my game?

I thought of a few things-

What other places can I promote my game? Which other sites should I upload my game to? If I make a reddit account which reddits do i promote the game on?

tldr How do I get clicks?

Some times I pretend people will give me (you)s for my shitty monster designs but then I remember no one cares about indie shit unless it has waifus.

How so I make this evolve into something sexy for the waifu market?

New thread up a little earlier, we're almost at page 13 but I'm going to bed soon and I didn't want to potentially leave you guys without a baker.