God Eater 2 Rage Burst

Hey Holla Forums just started playing this game for a few days ago, it's pretty damn fun. I've never played a Monster Hunter game before so this was a nice surprise having this ported to PC. Let's discuss it
I'm digging the charge spear most right now, followed up by the scythe. Shotguns are fucking sweet, too.

also yes I found out this game has denuvo and yes I know I'm cancer for giving them money

Also Nana has best boobies

Just I dunno emulate any psp monhun ever.
Preferably Freedom or Portable 3rd.

Isn't Freedom supposed to be played multiplayer? Is it fun even when going solo?

I have only played GE Resurrection, but here it goes
Lance
Kung fu eagle
Scorpion knight
Alisa, if she doesn't talk.

I hope this doesn't get shitposted by monhun fans, OP.

Playing with other humans is cancer to begin with.
I solo everything, even online games.
If you want other people doing things for you, I guess you can co-op or something.

I'll make sure it will. GE is garbage and an insult to the genre.

Monster Hunter is a singleplayer game that lets you occasionally dick around with friends in co-op. Playing solo is how 95% of the game is meant to be done.

I've never been to a MonHun thread so I didn't know there was so much hate for this. I just thought it was a decent game.

What makes it so bad?

PTSD one.

They are decent games, but they're just nothing compared to the refinement of Monster Hunter. Once you've tasted the best, everything else just kind of pales in comparison.

Bad gameplay, bad controls, bad weapon and enemy variety, bad supplementary mechanics, basically everything that involves direct input from the player.
If you like setting or characters watch anime or some shit.
If you want good hunting game - play monhun.

Well then I suppose it's good I started off with this, seeing as how I can only go up from here.

I'll agree with you about the bad enemy and weapon variety, there aren't nearly enough weapons and holy shit I could use some more things to kill than the same 4-5 bigger monsters. The controls and the gameplay seem passable enough though, I haven't had a problem with them really.

So would Freedom Unite be a good alternative to emulate on PPSSPP? Which is the best/has the most content on PSP?

FU has most content as in areas and monsters to fight.
P3rd has some new mechanics, better camera and controls, some new weapon categories and is overall more newfag friendly. It also has HD version that makes it look less shit.
One thing about psp monhuns I can't deny, is that they look like shit. Well all monhuns look like shit compared to other games on their platforms. If you're graphics whore you'll have troubles getting into it.
Also look up 60 patches. I think P3rd HD runs naively at 60, but I can be wrong, it was very long time ago.
Don't settle for 30.

I couldn't give a fuck about the graphics, honestly. Although I will look into that 60fps patch. Is there a translation out there for portable 3rd? Will I need one?

Also I'm afraid that the lack of a second joystick might make the game tough to get into, is the camera tolerable in these games or am I gonna have to shell out shekels for a 3DS to get a not-shit experience?

Yes there is a translation.
I don't remember camera being huge problem since you can assign shit to second stick in emulator.

Where da monhun pc games at?

Can't play it and won't play it until original superior nippon voice.

How do i get into Monster hunter games on PC? Should i start with GE2 as op did?
Or should i emulate a MH game? And in that case, which one?

I haven't played it yet, I've just been playing resurrection, love those scythes.

freedom unite on PPSSPP

I still have the beat the final boss on resurrection, I'll probably give it another go today, then I can start playing the next game.
Buster, theres something really fun about landing the right shot
see above
Susano'o because they have bitchin looking weapons
Vajra line, but Venus is up there
Alisa is cute, but I like Kannons attitude.
Alisa sounded cuter in the psp version. I thought I recognized her voice, turns out the VA also did madeleine in dragons dogma.

Honest question, how close is this to a "proper" Monster Hunter game?

I want a grindy game that will also reward me if I master the mechanics.
I dont want to sit through anime story and cutscenes, I'd really prefer if there was little downtime between action and the only downtime there was would be me planning out what equipment and shit to use.

Is this game for me?

On that note, would Metal Gear Rising be for me? I know there isnt any grinding and shit, but I'd like to play something that rewards learning moves and quick reaction time.

You want to play Monster Hunter.
Metal Gear Rising is alright, but pretty shallow mechanics-wise and in terms of reaction time being needed. Play a DMC or Bayo game instead.

It does its own thing kinda. You hunt monsters and use their parts to make weapons, they try to feed and will enter a rage state. They have breakable parts which can effect combat, there are traps but its just poison, bind (weaken), and stun. You get 3 others to head out with you on most mission and can choose their special abilities. I'm probably mission some

Tldr; Its copies a lot tried to do its own thing.

Go for Monster hunter first, its much more refined. DMC and bayo would be a good choice, Go for god eater if you want more MH but want to try something else that not MH.

not MMO MonHun game on PC when tbh?
Je suis monté

That's pretty much every MH clone. They all do something a little different, but there's too much shoddy copypasting to really stand on their own. If they just tried to make their own game without copying MH so hard I bet they could do a much better job. It's not as if MH is the ONLY way to do "little guy fights big guy" gameplay.

Alright, I played a bit of DMC on console but what bugged me is for a game about mastering action, there were too many quiet video game trope moments like finding keys and shit.
Guess I'm looking for something like Dynasty Warriors level of engagement where I can replay encounters with minimal time in between them and master them. Only problem is those games have really shallow combat mechanics.
Looks like its time to start emulating.

I haven't played 2 yet, so that will show me if they have really stared branching off into their own direction. There is the blood arts in the new one, and they all have devouring.
What other games copy MH? I heard of another on psp but that was pretty much it. Maybe the issue is that there really arent enough copycats out there.

Toukiden, Freedom Wars, and Soul Sacrifice come to mind. I think there's a Ragnarok something too but I never played that one.

I ask mainly because I haven't actually played a "proper" MH game yet and I'm sorry, but this one's kinda shit

Emulate FU first if you wanna get into it.
The gameplay pales in comparison with the newer ones, there are some retarded design decisions(elemental breaks lmao) and the hitboxes are the worst, but it can still be fun and has tons of content.
If FU is too clunky for you just go for portable 3rd, but be aware that it has way less content.(You can probably wrangle out around 60 hours of P3rd, and at least 150-200 from FU)

Oh, well looks like I have more to try. What would you change if you had to make a clone?

You don't have to like it user, go for MH first and see what you think. I just wanted something different and wasn't disappointed.

This, I want a new(ish) game like this that I don't have to buy a $300 handheld for, especially when I don't want anything else on that handheld

accidental sage