4 yuro each
4 yuro
5 yuro
5 yuro
5 yuro
5 yuro
11 yuro
and more psprices.com/region-gb/discounts?sort=price&platform=PS3&page=1

im just curious are those tales games good? (xillia and graces f) never played them but heard a lot of praise on them

feck off will ye

tales games are pretty gud but symphonia is on sale as well so pick that one up first

I can play it on gamecube emu or just on PC.
so no point in buying

Im probably gonna get catherine and zone of enders

journey pack (flow + flower?) for 8 bucks too

and I dont get those ratchet sales
the individual ones from old trilogy get pricedrop so when you buy each of them its around 10 bucks but the complete pack is still for 20
same thing with Jak games

and quest for booty individual is 3 bucks but if you buy nexus that game has it included and its for 5bucks.

Is there some catch to this or is it just mistake on PS store side?

anyone?

I've heard all sorts of horror stories of Tales games on PC, and i'm pretty sure symphonia has Denuvo, and nobodies bothered to crack it.

then its gamecube which also has the sequel

The sequel was on the wii, but I would avoid it and pretend it doesn't exist. Just play the original Symphonia that was on the GC, or the PS3 version that added some things.

I've certainly found Graces f and the Xillia games fun (co-op adds another layer of enjoyment too), but they're a bit hit or miss, depending on who you ask (some series fans get adamant that the series is died for them after Vesperia), and I'm not sure I'd call them all that good of entry points (though I figure Xillia got a lot of newcomers in) between ToGf having a rather unique combat system (solely being CC; only ToD/DC for the PS2 has also used it) and rather iffy writing even for Tales that might leave the wrong impression that the rest of the series uses it, and some people I've seen say in general that starting with the later games in the series found it hard to go back and play the earlier ones. Still, I suppose there's nothing stopping you if you want to start with them, but it's just something to be aware of. I'd personally consider Eternia, Symphonia, or Vesperia better entry points.

Symphonia 2 comes off as an attempt to ride the coattails of Symphonia's popularity, especially since it does a number of things that are downright aggravating to fans of the Gamecube game prior (like having all returning party members being just glorified guest characters; compare to Xillia 2 where the Xillia 1 cast is fully playable and customizable). There's a reason a fair amount of western fans like to ignore it (plus, Symphonia already had a sequel, albeit a long distance one, in Phantasia)

I would totally love Vesperia it has great charm but I only option is jap import.

Catherine is a must-buy, by the way.

It's playable enough with a few guides for artes and skills if you don't know Japanese (it's how I played it; admittedly though I have played the 360 English one prior), but if you by any chance have a CFW PS3, the PS3 version of it is as of now the only fully fan-translated PS3 game.

Anyhow, I might also add that both Xillia games are fairly cheap to get physical copies of these days if that's more your thing compared to digital purchases. Both are maybe $12 each where I am. Graces f is a bit more around here at maybe $28-40 for factors I'm not entirely certain of (I don't think the difference in sales was that small).

I dont live in US so games are not anywhere that cheap especially the Tales series and other jap ones

Ah, I see. I suppose it doesn't help that PAL has a sad habit of getting fucked over as far as JRPGs go, Tales included. Still, the PS3 is region free and I would assume that imports from NA wouldn't be that expensive (though it checked Amazon's price for ToX, it's a good bit more expensive than both Gamestop and local multimedia store prices at close to $30 preowned, and that's for NA-to-NA purchasing).

anything over 20 gets taxed to hell with import tax that both state and postage forces it makes things about 30-40% pricer
I buy games from UK (sometimes german amazon) because eurozone and they are closest thing to US pricing

Symphonia doesn't have Denuvo. Still shit though, just play on Gamecube.

Can anybody explain why Catherine is good? Looking to buy it on xbox.

That's a shame. I suppose that the best way to get physical copies for stuff that's common in the states but more niche out there is to order in advance, huh?

Anyhow, if you like JRPGs and the like, the NA PSN seems to have a lot more classic rereleases on it than the PAL ones does, and I'd wager the VC for Nintendo is similar too. If you haven't yet and aren't all that prone to emulation, it might be worth your while to run a NA PSN account on the side (and the the PS3 to my knowledge at least lets you set multiple accounts and regions, or something, though living in NA and not knowing moon for JP PSN, I haven't had to really fiddle with it myself).

I still find it a bit silly that Namco just ported the prior PS2 port to the PS3, with all the pros and cons of it, rather than combine the benefits of both the PS2 and Gamecube versions to make a best version. I suppose that would have taken effort though.

q-bert + sluts + SMT/persona deep deep lore

that bar is really great.

Anons get it for Katherine and Catherine, but stay for Erica

hah good one

is puppeter good? I hear praise and shit but it seems to be one good feature stretched to complete game.

merry Christmas

hey and what game from series should I try to see if I would like tales?
the gamecubes one?

Symphonia is one a lot of people started the series with.

and I have ratchet tools of destruction would that game give me good insight to if I would like the first ones?
since this one is from new trilogy

You too, friend.

As said earlier, Eternia, Symphonia, and Vesperia have been ones to strike me as good entry points and rather easy to get into. Symphonia in particular was many westerners' first Tales game due to having actual marketing for once (something Destiny and Eternia for the PS1 lacked).

and what about yakuza5? is it just niche or is it really good because I read thats its worst of the series
I started playing 4 but those extra long cutscenes are killing me

Should i buy soulcalibur 2 hd online or tekken tag tournament 2?

seeing as Tekken 7 is on our horizon, I'd say grab Soul Calibur 2 HD. Tekken Tag Tournament 2 is part of that cancerous 2011/2012 era when online passes were in vogue. Granted, you're considering buying a widely available physical game in digital format, so perhaps you don't care about these things.

and a happy new year!

already have a japan, american, and Singapore account. guess now I'll have to make a UK one as well.

You too. Get to Wild Arms already this year if you haven't yet. Though, I'm suppose I'm still one to talk in regards to getting to Gotcha Force. Finally got a drive compatible with my Wii, but I still need to set it up. Once I finish with using it for my current project, anyhow.

I'd be curious as to how much the UK/PAL PSN actually has over the other regions. I know as far as classic JRPGs go it's pretty slim picking compared to the NA one.

typically UK/PAL has far better deals but overall less content from what I know.
a singapore acount is far more useful than you would think, but considering the exchange rate for singapore dollars to usd, combined with having japanese games and some with english subtitles (like gundam breaker) its been well worth the minimal amount of time.

Yakuza's generally niche out here in the west between being a Japan centric series and Sega not exactly knowing the best way to actually try to market it out here. I haven't played them yet (though they are on my backlog), but the ones people seem to have issues with are Yakuza 1 (lack of refinement that the later games benefit from, and dub only in the west), and Yakuza 3 (Sega cut content from it to try to make it more appealing to the west, which backfired on them). Also, while the later games do have synopsis of the earlier ones to my knowledge, it seems like you'd be missing out on the sum of the series by not playing them in order. Just my thoughts though.

I'd get Yakuza 5 if it wasn't for that it's 22gb and I would have to delete a bunch of shit to even download and install it. I already own the physical JP release but oh well.
The download only localizations of the late PS3 era was shit.

can i Have both UK and Singapore account on one device? is the Sing one in english or do you need to use their lang?

If it's a PS3, you can have multiple accounts set up on the same machine, to my knowledge anyhow. It's the Vita where you can only have one per memory card at a time. You just need to have an address to have as the location for a given account in registering, and a way to pay for purchases (I think I've heard in the past that they've got a region lock on paying with a credit card, but prepaid PSN cards/codes strike me as a valid way to get around it). Take that with a grain of salt though, as I haven't actually done so myself.

psn cards can be bought for reasonable prices.
the biggest advantage to singapore over other asian countries is that your money will go farther and many things will be cheaper, marginally.
i purchased a singapore PSN card from an online site and got the code within minutes.

"finally got a drive for his hacked wii"

shiiiieeet you've been making real progress! The Wii homebrew media player "WiiMC" is nice. It can handle dual audio for those javanese ven diagrams. It also plays DVDs well. No promises about Wild Arms, though I've been listening to the OST regularly. Have you ever done that before? Listen to a game's OST multiple times before even starting said game?

PS3 HDDs easy to upgrade? 2.5" SATA?

A bit, though I generally prefer the OST to be a surprise for when I actually do play the games. Still, I will say that for Wild Arms, it was a combination of a bit of the music I'd heard over the years, and the openings, that piqued my interest in it enough to make them more of a priority, and I'm ever glad I played them.

And yeah, a bit of a push for my to get that drive has been (in addition to various pricy GC games like Gotcha Force) has been finally being able to use my undubbed ISO of ARF, because there's no way I'm playing that with it's sadly abysmal English audio.

super slim is 2.5 I think and you can use external storage

I remember playing Wild Arms 3 on a demo disc once. Pretty fun.

Wild Arms 3 is great, and if you enjoy JRPGs, I'd highly recommend it (maybe play the prior games first though; WA3 in a number of ways feels like a sequel to WA1, and one major character in particular is pretty much an alternative take on a character from WA2). Probably my favorite in the series along side WA2.

so tried the demo it wasnt bad but nothing special does it get better later in game?

tried Symphonia and after first fight I turned it off
Had same thing with For Answer
Seems my shit taste continues

I forgot to add

SC2 HD

Look for "Fighting Edition" on amazon, etc for a triple pack of Tekken 6, Tag 2 and SCV.

I guess I will buy ZoeHD instead
Hope that thing is good I love mechas but the Gundam (Mushou) ones

Well it's not like you can get a real feel for a game from the first fight. With Tales games, they get more fun as you get more characters and artes to use (as well as skills in the later games). Additionally, many of the games start the player in Semi-Auto mode automatically for some reason, which is nowhere near as fun as Manual, which gives you full control. Whether or not Manual mode is a given from the start or requires an item to access depends on the game; Phantasia was a bad offender about that, to the point where (on the PS1 version, anyhow), you're stuck on Semi-Auto for, in my own experiences, about 8-10 hours until you can get a Technical Ring to access Manual mode (and even then, it's only usable while equipped). There's a reason Phantasian Productions' Phantasia PS1 patch includes a hacked in Technical Ring from the start.

ok

Also note that I am not calling Phantasia PS1 bad, just that putting the first Technical Ring that far in is annoying as hell. Spending hours getting used to dealing with Semi-Auto, only to finally get Manual mode and have to relearn it is really grating. At least most entries since then have had Manual as a given, or at least made access to it from a key item (the Manual Manual) gained very early on (Eternia and Graces f are like that), though honestly I'm not sure why once they started having it as a given they didn't just keep it that way for every subsequent entry.

Oh wow might pick up the team Ico collection. Only played Ico but never SotC.

Symphonia Chronicles on PS3 has dual audio for those ultra weebs amongst us.

Forgot how shit the ps3 was after all these years and the bloody loops imma have to jump through just to get some sound
fucking end me already Holla Forums

its just two cables you need (3rd one should be included in ps3 package)

could be but I just dont like it for some reason, weird for me since I like anime

is it that hard to buy a $5 cord and adapter?
also, why do you have a monitor that doesn't have HDMI support?
what are you, a dinosaur?

Give it another shot sometime. The first time I played Symphonia, I didn't have access to a memory card (was playing it on a hospital owned Gamecube), and I didn't get past Triet Ruins. Came back to it some years later with some friends and we had a fucking blast with it.

Again, the games get more fun with time, and you should always at least attempt to switch from Semi-Auto to Manual if the game lets you as soon as possible. Storywise, Symphonia starts out rather mundane, but after a few hours starts to hint at something really not being right with their world, and continues on from there. Tales in general likes to toy with what the player expects, so don't let initial impressions make you think that's how it's going to be handled down the road. Or perhaps, for better experience, do, but don't drop the game. You get what I mean, I hope.

watch out some deals end way before 21th
like the Yakuza5 which ends on 7th