Postan

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZVktSV3PMgY
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768686327
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Gayest game ever made.

Still fun though.

Random rental. Pretty cute game.

I expected this to be a steaming pile of shit, and it turned out to be one of the most fun JRPGs I've played in a while. Just when I thought I got bored with it, an update added a ton of new dungeons that were much harder than anything in the base game.

The PS1 version plays like shit compared to the Saturn release though.

This is consideres the worst entry of the series, Cho Aniki wasn't originally all about bodybuilders but for the sequels they decided to make it all about them. Check out the first one to see what im saying.

yeah the first one is pretty trippy.

Who sits at their job and says "I am [insert my profession here]!" for no particular reason?

It's a game for little kids dude.

It's just the (((Localized))) name

Oh boy are you in for a surprise; The fan base in japan is 25 to 50 year olds

You got my attention, which one do you think i should play first?

You can't really go wrong with any of them except the GBA one, that one is shit.
The 3DS games are the easiest to get into and have "Infinite levels" thanks to a level generator.
Air Traffic Controller 3 is on the PC and has an assload of mods, but it hard to dig up.
The DS and PSP games are the easiest two find to pirate, DS one plays a bit different than the rest and the PSP one is closer to the 3DS games but a bit rougher.

Codename Steam? More like "Time Better Spent Playing Valkyria Chronicles"

I didn't expect this shit to be so addictive. I don't even like rts games in general.

After MGS4, this is a fucking masterpiece

Had the same with Rise of Apocalypse. For some reason X-Men has a shitload of fun but somehow forgotten games.

That's because super hero games generally get forgotten fast, since their audience only consists of people who read comics and children.

Picked this up at a store because I thought the cover was edgy as fuck and wanted to play a shitty game.
It's one of my favourite games of all times

Web of shadows was pretty underrated;why was that game not well received?

How did you not know that DMC3 is fucking rad.

I don't think anyone actually expected that game to be good after 2.

The only thing I knew when I bought it was that the cover is a handsome guy with white hair, a huge ass sword and a gun looking at the viewer from above, and the subtitle is "Dante's Awakening".
I certainly didn't expect anything nearly as cool as what I got.

Damn I loved that, it was a great 2 player romp.

Bump

EDF is fucking fantastic.

I can confirm I didn't like DM:MaM because the voice acting was absolutely horrible, and basically because of morrowind. I wanted to run off, and explore. I also would get a game over for random reasons, like when I accidently knocked a box on one of the main characters head.

what could possibly go right?

Strike Force was still a shitty genre swap for the Commandos series but it's not to bad at what it does. If they'd put a different name on it or officially called it a spin-off while still making proper Commandos games they might still be at it today.

not too bad*

That's pretty understandable depending what platform you grew up with. Most of slavland, for example, was and still is PC gaming only until consoles are stupid cheap.

Perhaps that's for the best. After all that would mean being aware of DMC2

I'm not sure what I was expecting going into it. Probably some piddly RPG with boring combat and little to no story or characters worth getting invested in.
Needless to say, it sucked me in like a black hole.

C&C 3 was fucking awesome and Kane's Wrath was a great DLC though the campaign was a little short

I suspect that Marvel buried the Punisher to keep people from being inspired to become him, what with the drastic increase in violent crime and terrorism everywhere. I learned quite a lot from the Punisher Armory and Punisher War Journal books.

That reminds me, what was that battle in WW2 over a French tennis player in a castle in which the Americans and Germans teamed up on.

Tell me about Infested Planet.

its an rts lite game based around capturing points and pushing back against an endless stream of alien bugs. when you capture points, you get a new bunker that marines can respawn from as well as more points to spend. points never run out as they function more as a command limit or "food" instead of consumable resources.
different upgrades, structures, weapons and technologies cost a certain amount towards this limit, and they can be sold to reclaim the points at any time, which is a huge part of adapting to the changing aliens. doing so quickly and with hotkeys is key to keeping pace and actually staying on the offensive instead of running around playing crisis control.

your "consumable" resources would be munitions which regenerate over time and let you activate support functions, sort of like command and conquer games after and including generals or company of heroes.

when you capture new territory the aliens also get game changing upgrades which can be new abilities for existing units/structures, new units or a variety of support structures to push back against you.

Man I wish the One Way Heroics Plus got ported to the vita instead of the shitty mystery dungeon "remake" version.

Fucking Prinny 2 man, that game was amazing. I loved the unlockable CG too.

As it turns out, everything.

I disregarded this game during it's initial hype as anime trash. Picked it up on sale a couple days ago, and it's the best metroidvania I've played in a long time.

i understand. if i could only have one id rather have plus, but mystery chronicles finally grew on me. the only thing that was preventing me from enjoying it were the traps and theres now an option to have them revealed by default. a bandaid fix, but it does alleviate my main gripe.

It's not really the best game ever but it was much better than what I went in expecting. I didn't expect hard combat for the Arkham style and suplexing sacarens as an execution. Also it has some really neat costumes.

HEY PAL

whoops

What about the dlc?

This sounds so utterly ridiculous.
"Ze tennis player belongs to serve for the glorious nation of Germany!"
"Stop making a racket and get double faulted fucked you Nazi scum, his balls are in our court"

When in reality . . . Battle for Castle Itter

The Battle for Castle Itter in the Austrian North Tyrol village of Itter was fought on May 5, 1945, in the last days of the European Theater of World War II.
Troops of the 23rd Tank Battalion of the 12th Armored Division of the US XXI Corps led by Captain John C. "Jack" Lee, Jr., a number of Wehrmacht soldiers, a Waffen SS officer who defected, and recently freed French POWs defended Castle Itter against an attacking force from the 17th SS Panzergrenadier Division until relief from the American 142nd Infantry Regiment of the 36th Division of XXI Corps arrived.
The French prisoners included former prime ministers, generals and a tennis star. It may have been the only battle in the war in which Americans and Germans fought side-by-side. Popular accounts of the battle have called it the "strangest" battle of World War II.
The prison was established to contain high-profile prisoners valuable to the Reich.Notable prisoners included tennis player Jean Borotra, former prime ministers Édouard Daladierand Paul Reynaud,former commanders-in-chief Maxime Weygandand Maurice Gamelin, Charles de Gaulle's elder sister Marie-Agnès Cailliau, right-wing leader and closet French resistance member François de La Rocque, and trade union leader Léon Jouhaux. Besides the French VIP prisoners, the castle held a number of Eastern European prisoners detached from Dachau, who were used for maintenance and other menial work.

I expected it to be completely irredeemable garbage. It's now one of my favourite games.

I could have handled all the gameplay changes, but the new music and art direction is complete ass compared to the original game.

I honestly thought this was gunna be another game everyone recommends, but I end up shutting off like 5,30 minutes, maybe 2 hours into. Man was I wrong.

I didn't expect much from the above and I didn't get much more beyond a medicore RPG very clearly styled after Bioware games. I did enjoy it a lot more than I thought though and I still think of it fondly as a rough gem like most of the developers other games. The combat being fun is what surprised me the most, especially later on when you get more abilities and stronger enemies.

I actually found this impossibly hard when I first played it and I have no idea why, I barely scraped through the first 2 levels and then hit a wall. I had no problem with it's sequel though and when I played it again a few years ago I breezed through it. I don't usually like comic shit but the game itself was pretty fun.

My friend had it on the xbone and one day when I was over, he practically begged me to play it. Needless to say, I hesitated because I thought
I played it, and noticed that it really was different from regular shooters, but it was totally shit on console. I waited till it went on sale, and holy shit I've never looked back.
Additionally, brother showed me this one. I thought it was a generic tycoon game which I usually loathe, but I had only barely heard of the franchise, let alone its praises. He bought it and let me have a go. First hour, I was hooked. Like fucking crack.

How's DM:MaM? I want to give it a try.

The way the game is paced is VERY similar to HL2

It has taken a lot of inspiration from Thief clearly.

Magic is also pretty hilarious. There's a lot of utility stuff, like the kick move and breaking the environments. The kick is satisfying as fuck, because if theres a swinging hazard or something you can time it to kick the enemy right into it. They give a little extra punch when the enemy is infront of an obstacle, so if you're in the right position it's gaurenteed to work, not some shit that is finicky as fuck and only somehting bonus to do.

I mainly played it for stealth, but it's pretty solid. Defiantly a good game to just run around and do whatever you want in.

I just came
Downloading now

get a load of this fag about to have an experience in boot simulators

Plain fun and ridiculous.

You owe it to yourself to try the original, and heck, anything old Bullfrog made.

g-police will ALWAYS be the superior future crimefighting force

ALWAYS

Can't help it user, I've only recently gotten into more rigorous gaming/critical analysis of vidya.
Although I absolutely cannot stand games that make you die over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over, ie Dark Souls

it's nice to have new good games to experience instead of having enjoyed them all already and needing to search the depths and new releeases for anything that scratches the itch the greats once did.

Too lazy to cut DS2 out.

Hey this looks interesting! Probably not in the same vein as FCLAPD though.

I though it went
DS1 > Ds2 > Ds3

Ds3 is good if easy and overtly reliant on DS1 in terms of setting, while being more refined and technologically advanced.
Literally SCV4 to CV1.

The awful armor system in Ds3 is just unforgivable. It's not a refinement it's a regression.

Please not be another butthurt poisefag.
While I acknowledge that heavy armor should have more damage reduction compared to something like thin cloth or leather, DS3 poise system is the best one in the series.

That's not any recent Bioware game, user.

DKCR was so good, gotta love Retro Studios.

The forced waggle gimmick really hurt the game though, it's infinitely more playable on 3DS where that issue is corrected.

I played DS1 and absolutely loved it, but never took a shot at DS2 or 3. I really want to play a desolate world game like dark souls though. Deciding between DS2 and Dragons Dogma.

Dragon's Dogma is not really desolate though. It's like the world of Berserk before Griffith lost his penis.

I have to thank niggers like you for ruining all of LOGH and berserk so I can't watch anything nice

You only have yourself to blame.

May as well fuck up records of lodoss too for me while you're at it

It's not our fault you didn't watch/read shit twice older than you already.

sorry I'm not a fucking chink who speaks moon and had to wait for engrish

I guess translations are older than you as well at this point.

Undertale

Okay, so you're just retarded.

What? I only remember Xana's voice and it was just decent enough.

It's basically Fantasy Deus Ex but with kicking- The Game.

A LOT OF LOYALTY FOR A HIRED SHILL

People where probably butthurt that similar enemies had the same voices. All blackguards, orcs, necromancers, etc where done by the same voice actor. Sometimes it'd be the same voice actor having a conversation with themselves. Honestly anyone who complains about that should never be allowed to critique a game ever again. It's like bitching all the orcs have the same model. Plus voice actors are overpaid, and are how shit games get a huge overblown budget.

OFF was a game like that for me till the second zone, but after that I got really fucking hooked in the story and the atmosphere.

What i mean by this is they had the same actor for the same creatures. Not literally one guy did every npc in the game.

Absolutely nothing wrong with that.

I know that's why I said in my other post

God-tier overall atmosphere. Great vehicular combat and car feel is top notch. Yer gameplay is ususal 'get to the top of the tower' and 'what x of y' ubisoft bullshit, but it becomes old in just right amount of time.

The game is basically what Fury Road was supposed to be, same as the Ghostbusters game was the true sequel.

Vehicular combat in Mad Max is mostly just shoot the fuel tank, harpoon the wheels off or spam rockets.
Play Just Cause 2 instead.

Came in with no expectations, left it feeling it was the most fun I had in a long time.

They were much better than I expected a licensed TPS to be

I'll give you that, but sadly once you beat the game and become the road warrior rank (because obligatory pseudo RPG stats shite), the game turns into the logical conclusion of a sandbox

If you mean Dark Souls III is just a retread/greatest hits version of the Dark Souls games with little to no innovation and broken mechanics, then yes, I suppose it really is the Super Castlevania IV of its franchise.

Don't play the sequel.

The protagonist had pretty terrible VA too. Didn't hurt the game much but it was an annoyance.

I honestly never had a problem with it but apparently everyone else did. It's one of those things that I always wrote off as "people being shit and unwilling to adapt."

All of these were very nice surprises.

How. I mean, I'm not a huge fan of From in general but holy fuck DS3's "poise" system is non existent. It's literally set to a flat rate, completely invalidating an entire armor class in the game and ruins a bunch of builds, it literally makes it pointless to wear heavy armor.

They literally dumbed down a mechanic to the point it didn't matter and should be completely ignored. I don't see how that makes it "the best" when there was nothing wrong with the mechanic in DS1, except maybe some balancing issues.

Freedom planet

The story was still pretty cringy but managed to not become edgy despite doing shit that would normally become that.

Also prince dail's theme best theme: youtube.com/watch?v=ZVktSV3PMgY

Also, some more:

Pokken:

Asura's Wrath

Granted, Asura's Wrath is still like 50% QTE's and cutscenes, and is really more of an interactive anime then a game, but fuck you, it's a god damn 12/10 interactive anime and I had more fun with it then I did in years.

more like 90%.

Is Bound by Flame worth playing? I stopped after about an hour or so.

Nah, that's exaggerating. It's got a lot of QTE's and cutscenes, but not THAT much.

Got both of these for a few bucks at a thrift store in my hometown.

Dead To Rights was a mediocre TPS but the parts where you play as the dog turned it into a 10/10 for me. I want more games where you can play as a sneeky doggo and bite people's balls off.

Dark Sector I was sort of familiar with since I had played Warframe before. Expected it to also be a generic TPS, but the gimmicks with the Glaive and powers were cool as fuck. The difficulty was refreshing after all the handholding casualized games of late. That fucking invisible boss kicked my ass for a couple hours. Also like the proto-Warframe aesthetic.

id say you can fully enjoy the game without the dlc, but if youre a big fan and want to spice things up it succeeds in that regard. to keep it short, it makes the game more aggressive.

there is a mod that attempts to implement the old music. it doesnt quite work the same though, it seems to shuffle through music appropriate to the situation/terrain.
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=768686327

Hell no. Shit felt like a fan-game after the novelty of the mission system wore off.

As expected with most 2D games on both platforms

best movie based game i've ever played

It was made by ubisoft before they went to shit.

Oh i remember this. People were bashing it for being a RE expy, but i still liked it. Eastern-european aesthetics and awesome/weird artdesign kinda worked for me.

Whatever you do listen to

No.

Yeah. Choaniki aren't nearly as a gay.

Never thought I'd fall in love with everything about a game and its subsequent releases as much as I did with the panzer dragoon series. Working my way through Orta now and I'm stunned they managed to incorporate Saga's positional combat into the rotating rail shooting style of the originals.

really? That game was horrendous.

My entry into the series. After everything I read on Holla Forums, I was expecting a walking simulator with a shit ton of cutscene but it's actually pretty good.

They really called it an RE expy? It controlled ten times better than RE4/5, where you move like a fucking retarded tank.

A lot of games actually. When your expectations are basically 0 you get surprised with every little thing

Turok does.

All I knew about the former was that it was an anime fighter with an edgey protag and looked like it had a really generic cast in general, turned out to be much more fun than I expected with a KH tier insane story. Empire I bought in a bundle and all I heard about it was that it had a shitty launch, turns out most of the bugs have been patched and fixed and I got to do hilariously stupid things like conquer and colonize Europe and the Americas with an army of Pajeets.