What are some good Roman games?

what are some good Roman games?

Other urls found in this thread:

play0ad.com/.
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Grand Ages: Rome and TW Rome come to mind but related is where it's really at

If you like city building games, i recommend imperivm civitas.

Pretty good

Senatorial taste.

SPQR is an old adventure game.

Sell me that game, user.

I am also interested

not looking for the gay community, if I was I'd go on the lol thread

GTA IV

Caesar 3. There's a ton of other city-builders with a roman theme but I've never really enjoyed them as much as I enjoyed Caesar 3.
Rome Total War is a damn fine game, and has several good mods to boot.

Total War Rome any good?

Open world games are good for roman around.

Romans are shit.
Is there a game in which I can be a celtic warrior?

Romans>>>>Germanics>>>>Shit >>>>>>>>>>>Celts

play0ad.com/. Why aren't the Assyrians in this game, I don't know history to know if they were around in year 0.

It has some Greek influence as well though

Slavs>Romans>>>Germanics>>Celts>>>>>>Shit>>>>>>>Greeks

What were the Japanese thinking of making Greco-Roman games back then? they all sold like shit though. Also, Ryse Tech-demo.

Sakae>Pahlava>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>god>>>sauromatae>>>>dirt>shit>>>>>>>>>>all other factions>>>>>>>>>>>>saba

Romans had plumbing. Did the celts have plumbing? I don't think so.
I think you could play as the celts in Against Rome, a mediocre RTS. Rome Total War had them as well. AoE2 has them. If you want anything that isn't a strategy game then you're fucked basically.

Jewpedia tells me that the assyrians existed between 2500 and 599 BC

wrong pic

Germanics generally didn't enjoy writing even though they were technologically advanced. It may have been for practical or simply them being to stubborn to write down things.

rune coons OUT

What's your argument? Vikings controlled a large part of Europe for a while and even made up the Norman region of france. If you're implying they're stupid then you're just wrong.

It's an old cuckchan meme designed to bait people who like vikings and/or Holla Forums. It's an extension of the word snownigger used to shit on scandinavian anons.

Don't argue with it.

Celts are the only actual whites.

I'm Irish, fuck the Vikings. All they do is raid our towns and burn down monasteries where we house literature from antiquity. I am fucking tired of you shitty pagans taking a massive dump all over proper civilization. You goat fucking devil-worshippers should be burned at the stake for being the most despicable heretics on the planet.

Everyone else were just pale comparisons.

Your wife and daughter make for good cum buckets.

You are the reason why paganism is a failed institution.

jej

Oh I think you'll find you ancestors did fuck the vikings.

I'm a kiwi bruv, all my ancestors are irish (and north english) so whatever get over it L E L

Go home.

NUH UH, WE WUZ VIKANGZ N SHEET

This is the only sane response. Still, they were ethnically destroyed by their own commoners.

Your wife ended up loving it, while your daughter watched. She gleefully masturbated while I raped your daughter after. I guess this is the first time they've ever been with a real man.

Too bad the offspring of such a mixture are having trouble stopping arabs from doing the same thing.
nuh uh conquest is only when white people do stuff

I just want a game where I can raze Gaul to the ground like Carthage and Corinth. Is that so much to ask? Barbarian Frenchies must meet legionary justice.

Oh and I want to rekt some Judean temples too. Can't forget that.

So, basically you use your reproductive ability in an improper manner and then cover it up by doing away with the life created.
Hmm, sounds like you're definitely a euro to me with that attitude. Guess not much changes in 2000 years.

I hope you're just roleplaying as a pastor for kicks and not actually talking about sexual morality on Holla Forums

How does it feel to have paid foreigners to come into Constantinople and raid the palace treasury repeatedly?

You think someone would really do that? Just go on the internet and make you feel bad?

I'm not Greek but most crusaders were French and German. Scandis did fuckall for the majority of European history. The Viking period continues to be amazingly overblown by Americans who are probably less than 1/2 Scandinavian by blood.

Not like being bribed by Venetians to sack fellow Christians and the most advanced state in Europe is really something to be proud of in the first place.

The Varangian Guard were big fans of a practice known as polutasvarf, loosely translated as palace-plunder. Basically, when the byzantine emperor died they just started stealing shit.

Fucking each other in the ass
Greeks created that game tho

Don't forget the PS2 prequel.

Greeks>Romans>>Parthia>Sassanid>Huns>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Germans>Franks>Celts

Isn't Sakae Scythia and both are nomad horsemen?

Total War games then.

I see you, Publius Quinctilius Varus. You're not getting your head back.

If you're going to play RTW then play the second one. RTW 1 sucks nowadays

Here's a free (you)

i'm currently playing total war attila and its pretty good. the overworld thing feels like a regular 4x game and the real time battles look and feel really fierce. i also like the sounddesign.
you can play eastern and western roman empire or they made some jewish dlc for that. its my first experience with the total war franchise though, so someone that played the other games before may have a different opinion on it.

Nigger, there's some things one should never bait with.

My main problem with every CA game past Medieval 2 is the Warscape engine. It's not so much a problem in Empire/Napoleon because those are the games the engine was designed for, the issues start with Shogun 2 and onward. The Warscape engine was made to simulate line infantry battles, and it does a reasonable job of that (ignoring all the buggy shit in Empire), but there are a few major flaws with it that fuck up its ability to handle any other historical period.

First it's the fact that all individual fights between soldiers are always one on one. Back with Rome/Medieval 2 each soldier had a set of few basic animations (attack, defend, parry) that played out quickly and allowed multiple soldiers to actually gang up on enemies. Warscape does not allow this, so you end up with silly situations where you lose 5, or even 10 men, to a single enemy soldier, surrounded on all sides, because the game won't allow your troops to stab the fucker from all sides.

Second, the engine can't simulate collisions, which means that charge, and especially cavalry charges, lack true potency, instead the game trying to fool the player with RNG bullshit.

Third, the engine can't simulate melee properly, troops can't maintain the cohesion of their formation so you end up with battles that degenerate into blobs of shit.

And a general lack of polish to every game they've released (except maybe Shogun 2), braindead AI both on the strategic and tactical layer and Jewish DLC practices that would make Soros proud and you quickly figure out why CA are a shit developer. The real tragedy is that they consistently refuse to fix problems with their games. AI has been dumb as a fucking log ever since the first Medieval, yet CA does fuckall. In Empire it was so dumb it couldn't even stage naval invasions, Shogun 2 is a hit and miss, sometimes it will act smart enough to take the high ground, while most of the time it will stick arches to one wall during sieges and refuse to budge them, or do so really, really slowly.

bowling

Not bait. Old games fucking suck and RTW's controls are god fucking awful. This is coming from someone who played every TW game since Shogun on release day. Nostalgia fags are cancer

The fuck you on about, that shit has always happened in every fucking TW game

I don't believe you.

I believe you even less now. You're lying, retarded, or most likely both.

Criminally underrated game IMHO. Tons of extra content (including a survival mode every game in the genre should strive to mimic), gladiatorial games can be played individually and the story mode is YUGE. Also one of the few games that IMHO handles breakable weapons well.
Has its flaws - mostly Octavius' stealth sections and the "experimental graphics" (characters expressions are all over the place, like Capcom were trying to polish the technique) - but I dare say it's one of the PS2's finest titles.

Would be nice to see them take a stab at it again. Would love to see a Vanillaware game focused on it (Dragon's Crown gave us a little taste) or P* making something with the crazy turned up to eleven.

Aren't you the guy who did that pilgrimage to Rome to ask the Pope for books to copy? (That greentext story was pretty funny.)

I like both factions' irl aesthetic and playstyle, but Sauromatae are surrounded on all sides by barren wasteland, and Saka Rauka have bact(e)ria to cannibalize straight away. Saka also get elephants

It took me a bit since I forgot his name

It took me a bit to find a proper image of Roman bowling, due to all the memes the normalfags made about it.

thats what makes them white

Irish reconquest of Iceland and the Faroes when?

I hope Butterlord's modding tools will be flexible and not overly complex for people with little programing skills, I have an autistically /his/ idea for a mod. I know there's a couple of Ancient Rome mods for Warband but they look extremely half assed. My idea for a mod is set post second diuumvirate/Augustus' reign, the inception of the Roman Empire. You will not be able to play a woman because women had no political rights and woman fighting was very barbarian in the Roman's eyes. You can choose to be any class from Rome (plebs would be medium difficulty, equites and patricians easy mode), or a provincial (same classes but differing difficulties such as newly Romanized local elite, such as an Aedui or any other tribe that allied with Rome, a peregrinus of a newly conquered territory would be probably the hardest mode considering that the only way to achieve citizenship is to serve 25 years in an auxiliary unit). More autistically historical accurate would be the diplomacy and political gameplay (if the new engine allows it) such as marrying women (asking her father for her hand in marriage, she becoming a member of your household and the Roman right to kill your wife or your married daughter if she was cheating (pater familias and mos maiorum), the client system (an important part of Roman society) and also the magistrates and law system. Considering the main aspect of the game, you would have the cliches (tetsudo) but also the actual command structure of the Imperial Roman army. You'll have your legions of 5000 heavy infantry, auxilia of 500 strong regiments and numeri, barbarian troops who fought as mercenaries. There will also be the ranks (principales, centurions, primus pilus, legati legionis, tribuni militum and prafecti). There will also be the religious system of Rome (again if the engine will allow it, from what I remember of Warband there was very little implemented into it), with the public imperial cult but also private worship of gods and mystery religions. There's also a shitload of other stuff but alas this posting limit is quite small.