It still hurts Holla Forums

It still hurts Holla Forums.
Shooters will never be fast again.

Other urls found in this thread:

tribesnext.com/
t2forums.com/index.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Any hope for midair?

That is an Arena shooter. Not FPSZ. While they are similar one is specifically about going fast.

How dead is it? Can't be arsed to download it again without an overwhelmingly positive answer which I know I won't get. Did they unfuck the speed?

The servers don't exist anymore; they're used for Paladins instead

One of shittiest FPS I ever played, and that's saying something. May it rest in piss.

Sounds like you played it well after the beta.
Sucks to be you.

Tried it on two separate occasions: first was sometimes after the launch during the let's suck off totalasscancer phase of half/v/, and the second was courtesy of one of the local shill threads.

Former it felt like a crappier version of unreal tournament, and latter was pure cancer with a pain in the ass shop slapped on top.

Always a possibility.

It had already gone to shit at that point.
T-thanks HiRez.

Well, shit. I feel for you then.

Shit, why does this make me feel?

i want to go fast again.

Beta Tribes was literally the best Multiplayer shooter since UT 2004.

Look's good. Release then?

I used to play a shitton of Tribes: Vengeance with my brother. Good times.

Is Hirez going to sell the Tribes IP or make another game?

Nah. They already sellout to China company and only get % from sales.

There's a decently fast shooter that came out recently, but it's impossible to discuss it.

And what game is that user?

whats the point in selling out to tencent or zenimax or whatever the fuck pridefully greedy company name anyways?

Oh great here comes the titanfall 2 shill again

Yeah GALO SENGEN

They want their sheckles NOW and don't want to wait for a healthy game lifecycle.

GO GO GO GO GO GO

Yeah, I have tried most of the alternatives. It is all Arena Team based bullshit that is slow as fucking shit. I don't think I have given any money to video games since 2012.

And it would've been so easy to keep it going, too. All they had to do was not make any of the changes they did. Every fucking time they tried to make it better, it got worse. I've not seen such squandered potential in a long time.

I'm going to assume you're just being an ironic faggozoid for all our sakes

Mate, it's dead.
It'd be cool if someone threw up a Tribes Vengeance server, and hosted a weekend.

Rofl, tribes babbies think they know pain.

lmoa

Fuck you HiRez, you could've at least released a self-hosted client after ending the game.
Preferably one with different preset configurations of the update changes the game went through, the worst being that last huge update that ruined the flow of the gameplay.

This is the strangest form of denial I have seen.

That's a funny thing to say from someone who earlier said

IT WILL LIVE FOREVER IN OUR HEARTS, FOOL

It was.

If you want something that is at least close to Tribes speed, try titanfall 2. Not quite as fast, but still pretty speedy + there's some cool movement tech that adds a good amount to the skill ceiling.

Name a better one user.

Except Tribes as a franchise is a decade older than Guild Wars.

Do you think that someone, somewhere, has the beta version saved on their computer still?

I just hate it's grafix. I hope those are just developer graphics and the game will look better on release.

Also Hi-Rez ruined that game by making all those automatic guns. The game would have been infinitely better without having anything chaingun-esque. Anybody who has played the series long enough knew that everybody called out chaingunfags as being no skill retards. I loved out-skilling somebody with a spinfusor, that is the height of the Tribes series, especially if you get a midair disc.

I am crazy and mean the grappling hook from Tribes:Vengeance.

Also, those graphics look halfway decent. I like the minimalist style to it.

Bullshit there are plenty of Servers.
At least Two active per Region id estimate, there are official Servers

Best Serb is called T2 Refuge tho. It Bans all Hitscan and automatic weapons, When it has Players on it its fairly comfy

wtf i hate titanfall 2 now

Feels old man…

I will never love another game as much as I loved this and **Shattered Horizon""

You didn't miss anything, Vengeance sucked ass and is why the franchise died for so long. The only good thing Irrational ever made was SWAT.

tribesnext.com/
t2forums.com/index.php

It's still there, faggots. Every time there's people in a Tribes thread complaining there's no Tribes, but T2 has fan servers up and running. Unless you can't play at evening or night EST, you don't have much room for complaining.

y'all bunch of faggots

First they offed GA because they had no idea how to go forward with it
Then they offed T:A because MOBAs were the fad.
Now Smite seems to be declining since they've got Paladins up
And they have a hearthstone clone also on the way

I played Legions back when GarageGames (ex-Dynamix Tribes devs etc.) was making it and they had it on their InstantAction thing. You know, back when the game had a player base. Then GG decided it would be a great idea to take down IA for "renovations" for fucking years, then when they finally did bring it back it didn't even have Legions. That huge blunder plus UDK coming along to shit on their indie dev niche they had with Torque killed them. By the time they finally handed Legions over to the community, almost everyone had forgotten about it. Also, shortly before they went under, GG actually bought the license to Tribes. Between Legions and that, we could've had proper Tribes games again from many of the original devs, but they had to JUST themselves instead.

I ran a bunch of threads with a server back when halfchan wasn't cucked. We had 10v10 games, it was amazing.

Downjets are a miracle of the fucking universe and I want them to be a thing.

Yeah, the boosting in any direction pretty much made Legions and I'm mad that it'll never ever be in any other game again.

Why do modern devs hate slow-refire weapons? The Super Shotgun in DOOM, the Spinfusor in Tribes, the railgun and RL in the Quake series…all of those were fucking badass, and they were badass because they had slow refire rates but killed when you got a proper hit in. They were weapons that basically forced you to learn to aim.

Titanfall 2 is pretty good.

Agreed. I was one of the first on the Tribes Ascend beta and spent a few hundred hours with it before finally giving up as it got worse and worse, and Titanfall 2 is no replacement, but it is good for the feeling of quick movement. I have a pilot named TRIBES customized with the EPG as my projectile explosion, a grappling hook, and arc grenades, and it's pretty satisfying. No inheritance on the weapon but it's about the closest I expect to get any time soon.

Titanfall is not Tribes.

Titanfall is still a console FPS. Consoles can not into fast.

I can still hear it.

It was supposed to be fast.

Well, I still laugh at the fact that Reddit got so fucking asshurt over the Shazbowl that /r/Battlefield actively sabotaged halfchan's team before competing by spamming reports until most of the team was banned and halfchan had no choice but to forfeit. People even got banned during the game. They didn't even wait for the matches to end to be salty, they went in there with the Dead Sea on their backs.

Mother FUCKER, this game looks like all the shit that made T2 fun except it doesn't take 5 hours to get it running on a modern computer.

that can be arranged

Tribes Next is a thing.
I was iffy about T2 at first, even with nostalgia goggles on but it's pretty dank when you get the hang of it. On higher pops it turns into a much different game.