Got Oblivion in the Winter sales. What are some must-have mods?

Got Oblivion in the Winter sales. What are some must-have mods?

Other urls found in this thread:

tesgeneral.com/#!oblivion-guide/c1pnd
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45410/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

play vanilla first

This, basically. It gives you a much better impression of whether you even like it enough to play modded. Plus, once you play through it vanilla, you can decide what needs modding yourself.

Someone gave me gift cards for Christmas.

I played it before as a kid. I remember really liking it. Where would I find mods if I decided that I want some?

Nexus and Loverslab has most of the mods, some authors host outside those sites depending on what you're looking for. Just peruse and decide what strikes your fancy. I think Darnified UI, alternate leveling system, Qarl's, and Streamline are the only must install mods, if you don't like potatoes then grab character overhaul. Also run the game windowed and use borderless gaming to force the game into borderless window mode, on top of being tab outable, windowed mode sees nearly no crash to desktops vs full screen. Learn how to use Wrye Bash and Oblivion Mod Manager, they're much easier than people give them credit for.
Also there's a tropical skin that converts a lot of assets to their tropical looking counter parts if you're into Cyrodil not being Tolkienodil.
Naturally, use script extenders.

Don't listen to these retards.

tesgeneral.com/#!oblivion-guide/c1pnd

Just play the game you fool.

lover's bitch

Uninstall Sorcerer.

Kill somebody, enlist in the dark brotherhood, play Sheogorath's quest, then uninstall it and go play skyrim. Those quests aside, it's better than oblivion. And if you want spell creation, don't be a retard and just play morrowind

lmao

neherim is alright

How do I install that one overhaul mod oscuros' I think

Pretty sure OOO comes with an installer, you just follow the instructions it gives.

Anything that will make crash less.
It is most unstable Bethesda game for me. Unsurprisingly the most stable is Morrowind. During 15h I played of it it never crashed.

Also really start with Morrowind. Don't get yourself used all the stuff Bethesda made in Oblivion and Skyrim to make these games much more mindless. Morrowind after Skyrim feels like chore to play.

You might as well finish main story.
Not that fantastic quest but well you already are playing Oblivion you might as well see what happened during entire oblivion crisis for yourself.

And in Skyrim also finish main quest and jump straight to mod quests. They are 10 times better than vanilla ones.
If you are worried about them not being canon or something like this, play them anyways. Bethesda will make sure some dwarven nuke will explode in Skyrim before TES:VI anyways.

>>>/reddit/

As I already said, , it was a fucking gift you mongoloid.

Anyone got the greentext where the guy makes a godlike npc with a fucked up orange face, called "Mungo" or some shit, forgets to make it loyal. Then it goes rogue and he hunts it down for the rest of the story, finding bizarre shit like herds of dead animals, only ever seeing Mungo in the distance.

WHY

Brote?

Why? For what purpose? Why would anyone give a gift card as a present instead of just the same amount of money? With the money you can buy anything you want while the gift card is tied to a specific store.

This is a thing that people do for some reason. I guess it gives the impression that they've put a little bit of effort into giving you something more specific, something that takes a little bit more effort, even though it's worse in every possible way.

Oblivion Character overhaul

Even if you wanna play vanilla there is absolutley no reason to put up with potato people.

Can you delete those modded Khajiit? I actually like the vanilla panthermen.

Compared to the skyrim one this actually puts in an effort to be lore friendly, especialy with elves making em much closer to the morrowind designs

Speaking of lore friendly, jungle mod is another must have, it is a bit obscuring i gotta admit but if you wanna expirience cyrodiil you should use it, maeks playing an archer much harder tho, aswell as fighting bandit archers.

There are several options here, i personally think jungle for everyone does a good job of keeping it simple and not having all the areas look identical.

Probably, but there are several fur patterns for khajiit they dont all look like housecats

theres also this thing tho dont ask me what exactly that entails
nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/45410/?

love these

That you could have used to buy much better games.

Yeah, no. Oblivion has a lot of unique quests in wich you do more than going inside generic cave #172 and kill all the draugr , the only thing that skyrim does better than oblivion is combat and being pretty.

And the only difference in combat is that you can dual wield with shittiest animation possible, and shield bash your opponent, which is the way to cheese every meele fight.

Ah yeah, also those god awful killcam movements from VATS.

Still gave them money, congrats.

a large improvement over kill all the skeletons, or in the bold new expansion elven skeletons. Oblivion and Skyrim have shit for enemy diversity. Even Morrowind's isn't much better.
Dark Brotherhood, Thieves' Guild, Shivering Isles, are all pretty good, but Dark Brotherhood isn't anywhere nearly as good as the morag tong from Morrowind.

I don't know, the guild quests on Morrowind are pretty generic (the one thing that could have been much better). The Morag Tong one is better than the others, though.

And I do like the fact that the leader of the Thieves Guild is a nigger. It made me laugh.

Vanilla Oblivion is the most boring shit on the planet. Skyrim is better than unmodded Oblivion and I'm not even joking, it's that bad.

I hear ya fam, but I always saw the guilds as just a warm up to the various houses which basically functioned as the guilds do. Couldn't you not do the fighter's guild if you did the mage's guild and vice versa?

I don't remember whether I did them all on the same save or not, but I think it doesn't matter?

I disagree. Oblivion has better quests and slightly better gameplay (mostly because you can still make your own spells, and you still have stats).

Both of these are more important than the world itself.

As far as actual fun goes, they are both about the same. Skyrim allows you to mess around more, and I like that. In Oblivion, you are never quite strong enough to do that because of the stupid level scaling.

In Skyrim you can still become pretty powerful, if you use melee, and stealth archery (which is ridiculously good in Skyrim). Magic becomes useless as you level up just like in Oblivion. Same thing with shouts.

uninstall.exe is the only one you need

No.

Check TesNexus's Top Mods.
You'll probably waste a full day in just deciding what to use.

- Choose a Manager for holding all those mod files. You'll go crazy otherwise (you'll go crazy anyway but avoiding managers is the more difficult path unless you're only using one or two simple mods. I believe OBMM and Brye Walsh were the more popular.
- Decide if you'll use only the core original game or if you'll use the two DLC: Knights of the Nine & Shivering Isles.
- Apply the Unofficial patches

I can't remember the proper names of the proper mods:
- Better Cities. This one makes the Cities get bigger and more beautiful, even the Castles look better and more unique. Warning: these patches were small before but now they add a lot of stuff and quests and demand a lot of power from your hardware.
- ALW (or something): Makes the lights and chimeneys of the houses turn on and off.
- Crowded Cities: A small mod that adds more random people walking around. I believe some of the people are thieves that attack you.
- Crowded Roads: Another small mod that puts people walking between cities.
- Better Guards: Guards now patrol between cities. You can sometimes watch them viciously attacking crabs.
There's a mod also so you can see the outside of the cities from the inside of the houses.
In short: the "game" is comfy and can become even more comfier.

Aesthetic:
- Choose a mod for female's bodies.
- Choose a second mod for enhancing the bodie's skins (and faces because it's amazing how ugly everyone is)
- Beautiful Guard: Adds female guards with purple kawaii hair.

Finally:
- Change the UI. The UI was designed for the old XBOX, please change it.
- Make the main map to be colored, same for the indoor maps.
- There's a mod that shows the plats that you've already harvested for ingredients as visually changed after being harvested.
- There's a mod that shows a coloured healthbar for enemies.
- Another mod adds feedback when you're hurt: you'll see everything going red when at 20% health (useful and immersive).

PD: If you liked Knights of the Nine (purest Paladin fantasy) then you must try the Revelations mod which continues the adventure.

uninstall.exe

AAAAAAAH WHAT'S HAPPENING?!?!!!

Happened to me too.
Apparently, the conflictive mod overwrote a file from another mod.
So after disabling the mod in question, I had to uninstall and reinstall the good old mod.

Good luck with your hundreds of mods.
(I would just make a backup of the whole thing from time to time, if it weren't for the little fact that the mods are bigger than the original game).

I think it didn't overwrite anything since it was just a bare esp, but I'll reinstall eventually.

Get the better leveling mod or whatever that makes it so that your attributes naturally scale with your skills (biased towards your major ones).
This will allow you to actually play the fucking game instead of having to do convoluted bullshit just to ensure that you don't screw yourself over concerning leveling and attribute gains

good stuff, user

It's best to only install the bare essentials to make the game not shit. It's really hard to know when to stop though. I never do

You paid for Oblivion in 2016?

I had to reinstall the whole thing once because I got greedy and wanted the new version of Better Cities
Modding so much is a pain in the ass and I would never try it unless the rewards were so big.
I'm uninstalling Oblivion forever. Played it for years, won it thrice, only good memories. Moving on.

yeah, it's called morrowind.exe

Uninstall.exe

Morrowind is the worst Elder Scrolls.

The elder scrolls is a shitty casual series made by a developer who has never made a single good game.

Thanks, user.
I've been looking for this for ages.

Get OOO and Maskar's Oblivion Overhaul, they're must-haves.

The best part about Oblivion is modding it so it works with a gorillion mods flawlessly. I think I've spent more time modding than I've ever spent playing it.

That is what everyone eventually ends up doing with bethesda games

So i got the mods i wanted from the tesgeneral oblivion guide, as well as darnified, but opening the game gives me empty textboxes with no text at all, yet i can still click on ther choices, what gives?

You're playing the Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion, the buggiest most poorly optimized Bethesda game.

Does the game still crash on exit 100% of the time?

No, everything works fine, the problem is that the textboxes have no text.

I've ran into that bug before but now I can't remember how I fixed it.

Sp you can't think of anything to do to fix it?

I will try and remember and post if I do.

I remember that sorta thing happens if you teleport to an exterior cell while in an interior/shivering isles or something. The textboxes will only say [No Greeting] or something like that. It's been a while and I forgot but maybe try going back to an interior cell and exit it properly before fast travelling again

I haven't even started a new game yet, (but i did run it before modding it of course).

pump

Morrowind.

Don't lie nigger.

Yeah
a tree
some rope
and a large enough distance between the ground and the branch the rope goes on

This, OP. Get Morroblivion.

I have no idea why anyone would say this other than Morrowind bandwagon talking. Morag tong feels like a fighters guild because most of the assassinations are straight up duels. At least dark brotherhood has to be way sneakier considering they're going under the nose of the law.