Middle Eastern Politics General

There have been a few threads popping up about Arab leaders, Baathism, etc. I thought it would be a good idea to have a discussion about the politics of the Middle East, Middle Eastern leaders, and the future of the Middle East.

So I guess the best place to start is, what are your thoughts on Assad, Saddam, and Baathism?

Other urls found in this thread:

attwiw.com/2016/12/15/conflict-update-december-15-2016/
twitter.com/RT_Erdogan/status/809797763567390724
twitter.com/mutludc/status/749383435278483456
rt.com/news/370598-turkey-kayseri-bus-blast/
twitter.com/Conflicts/status/810058615293968384
youtube.com/watch?v=OCkAjqw1AyQ
youtube.com/watch?v=BAteWaVJi9g&t=1m52s
twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/809903475647774720
twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/810207309041463299
twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/810085601395560448
twitter.com/VivaRevolt/status/810120932291465216
greenprophet.com/2016/05/isis-uses-tabqa-dam-in-syria-as-weapon-of-war/
youtube.com/watch?v=EyY1Bgst07U
jaysimons.deviantart.com/art/Syrian-Civil-War-and-Iraqi-insurgency-Timelapse-502554419
youtube.com/watch?v=66tAnBzdTs4
twitter.com/Gjoene/status/810465366262554624
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Oh, new /conflict/? Cool.
Here's the December 15th update:

attwiw.com/2016/12/15/conflict-update-december-15-2016/

Reminder Hezzbollah is based and Hamas is shut tier

Anybody who likes theocratic fascist porkys, I spit on their heart.

MidEast and Syria threads are my favourite tbh

Literally shit tier

I know I like YPG and don't like Israel but not much else

Also Iran should get nukes and quick.

every single person in the Middle East associated with the Muslim Brotherhood needs to be wiped out

Just try to tell me Hamas is shit tier NIBBA

What do you think is the likelihood that Assad lets the Rojava carry on existing after the rebels and ISIS are defeated. Because I could see Russia pressuring him to let them have their own state as it would likely embolden the Kurds within Turkey and further destabilize the country which would work to Russia's advantage of combating NATO influence in the region. However Iran may pressure him to attack them due to the Kurdish rebels in Iran as they would also likely feel emboldened. Thoughts?

Outdated as fuck

I think they will keep fighting until they get some form of independence and Assad must know that, considering the weakened state of the country and the continued thread from ISIS et al I wouldn't be surprised if they worked something out (with Russian influence over both, of course)

lel

But Assad did say Kurdish autonomy was only a "temporary solution" which is why I think the Kurds launched their offensive to take Raqqa, If they hold a major city and lake Assad (a large supply of fresh water) they will have a lot more bargaining power. I think they don't trust Assad so they want some form of assurance. Russia may be able to see the bigger picture but I think after the recent victory in Aleppo Assad's ego may get to him and he might think he can retake all of Syria

my ideal map

Daily reminder

Iirc, the YPG isn't trying to achieve full independence, just more autonomy and an end to the oppression from the Syrian government.

Maybe so, he is ultimately a dentist after all. I wouldn't be surprised either way, I don't know enough.

Assad definitely would seek to take over Rojava once everything is cleaned up. He's said multiple times that they will not get autonomy or anything of that sort.

The thing is though, what he thinks doesn't really matter. What matters is what Iran and Russia thinks. Russia has maintained decent relations with the PYD and has is on especially good terms with Afrin YPG. Iran's views on Rojava are more mysterious. We can only guess they wouldn't be the biggest fans because it would embolden PJAK. But I'm not well versed on Iran to be fully sure.

Rojava in event of being attacked has about 70,000 highly motivated and well trained troops to call on. And the core of Assad's troops which is SAA/NDF are shit tier fighters. So we'll see.

twitter.com/RT_Erdogan/status/809797763567390724

i look at some of the replies to this tweet and it worries me that the muslims of the world are starting to see erdogan as some christ like figure

even people outside turkey

Are Houthis the most /fa/ fighters in MENA?

It really depends on if they will share the oil and gas revenues. If they refuse or either side can't make a deal, it's war. If not then I doubt Russia and Iran would support a conflict that can be resolved politically, especially when it would set back their own geopolitical ambitions.
Russia especially needs to wrap up Syria so it can focus on Ukraine.

They do love their strongmen. I wonder how Turkey's bombings of Kurds fighting ISIS brought peace to Syria.

twitter.com/mutludc/status/749383435278483456

Erdogan literally believes that the YPG are worse than ISIS, and that's probably a majority held opinion in Turkey.

That TAK bombing last week plays right into Erdogan's hands.

the shackles have been off for a while now with him tbh. Erdogan could go full Armenian solution on the Kurds and the majority of Turkey would probably nod their head and say Ataturk willed it.

Remove fascist kebab.
Remove fascist kebab.
Remove fascist kebab.

rt.com/news/370598-turkey-kayseri-bus-blast/

PKK do another attack.

twitter.com/Conflicts/status/810058615293968384

Turks going mad.

men from yemen in general seem to be very well dressed

Pepsi is named after pepsin, a digestive enzyme they used to put in pepsi back when it was supposed to be a digestive aid sold out of a drug store.

Ophtalmologist. Not dentist.

I remember when Ahmadinedjad made a course about how Jerry of Tom and Jerry was supposed to represent the Jews under a favorable light…
Every culture seems to have its Gultural Margsism equivalent…

youtube.com/watch?v=OCkAjqw1AyQ

Turks are so pathetic.

Why are Turks so incredibly cucked?

MUH ATATURK. MUH OTTOMAN EMPIRE
**Turkish people are still butthurt about the loss of their empire, and are buying into this fascistic vision of a renewed Turkey that has dominion over the middel east.

fug

Turks today broke into the offices of HDP (leftist, Kurdish aligned party) in Kayseri and destroyed everything in sight and then hung the fascist flag of the Grey Wolves over it.

HDP offices across Turkey are being destroyed tonight as revenge for the PKK attack today.

Fucking faggots
I hope pkk kills a thousand more soldiers

The same soldiers killed today were part of the the attack in Cizre that burned to death 150 Kurdish civilians and a lot of the bodies were founded to be beheaded too. I hope they (the Turkish soldiers) rot.

youtube.com/watch?v=BAteWaVJi9g&t=1m52s

And they wonder why they have a Kurdish insurgency. Finding out about this whole Kurdish/Turkey thing has been eye opening.

It wasn't a PKK attack, it was a TAK attack

I don't think anyone have claimed it yet. And I'm not entirely sure if TAK exists.

working on something right now lads

Based

danke comrade

Assad is terrible and deserves the guillotine, Saddam equally deserved guillotine, Baathism is hilarious

twitter.com/Charles_Lister/status/809903475647774720

Lister is a jihadist mouthpiece so it's probably right. It seems the rebels have finally embraced their jihadist ideals and have cast off the veil of "moderate" and have come together. Bit late after their revolution died in Aleppo but whatever.

Also,

twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/810207309041463299

twitter.com/CivilWarMap/status/810085601395560448

twitter.com/VivaRevolt/status/810120932291465216

SDF making good gains in the Raqqa countryside in their second phase of the operation for Raqqa. The objective of this phase is to capture Taqba dam, which is the largest dam in Syria and controls the region electricity.

greenprophet.com/2016/05/isis-uses-tabqa-dam-in-syria-as-weapon-of-war/

Well I wonder if the merger will produce a capable force
Knowing how sectarian the non Nusra rebels are in doubt they'll stay together long

Nusra have some good fighters but I don't think there'd be anything outstanding there elsewise.

Zinki have some of the best children beheaders in the region though.

Just more Turkish backed Islamist scum for the SDF to mow down.

Is there a time-lapse map showing gains and losses of territory by all sides of the Syrian Civil War?

youtube.com/watch?v=EyY1Bgst07U

here's a good one for ISIS

jaysimons.deviantart.com/art/Syrian-Civil-War-and-Iraqi-insurgency-Timelapse-502554419

this one is general and outdated but still decent

youtube.com/watch?v=66tAnBzdTs4

and here is one for Rojava, similarly outdated but it's very difficult to keep these things up to date

Fucking disgusting

twitter.com/Gjoene/status/810465366262554624

Al Nusra dogs endangering the lives of civilians massively with this