2D Zelda Thread

3D Zelda games tend to attract screeching autists of the worst kind and they're also inferior games in general, so lets have a thread about their superior 2D counterparts.

link between worlds is best 2d zelda

Both of these

Zelda III
I don't think I have a favorite. I like Skull Woods and Thieves Town because they're the least tedious to complete
Not sure. I guess the Chris Houlihan room.
In the 3D games, I like enemies like Stalfos, Darknuts, and Iron Knuckles. In 2D I don't think I have a favorite. Those frozen monsters that hide in statues and who chase you when you pass by are interesting.
Blind is an interesting boss. He appears as a young maiden in the depths of the dungeon. She asks you to take her outside, but she'll disappear if you do. You have to take her to the boss room, and you have to bomb the floor in the room above the boss room so that light will shine in, then get her to step into the light. She transforms into the boss, and I always thought that was pretty interesting.
The flute kid from lost woods. I just like the concept of walking through a thick forest and finding a wooded hollow where a ghostly apparition plays music for the woodland creatures.
Eh. They weren't bad at making Zelda games, but they weren't better than Nintendo.

The only two good Zelda games were Link's Awakening and Wind Waker

The better "hit button to whack x" are things like these

I'd agree if the dungeons weren't so lackluster. They felt like an after though.

When will this meme die? Granted I haven't played Willow, but Crystalis is basically Ys with an attack button.

*afterthought

Zelda sucks.

Good 2D Zeldas were:
ALttP, LA, OoA, OoS and TMC.

Bad ones were:
PH, ST, ALBW and TFH.

"Meh"/Whatever:
LoZ, AoL, FS, FSA.

ALBW was the "Down's Syndrome" version of ALttP. The only good redeeming factor was the graphics, as everything was dumbed down: story, music, dungeons, itens, etc.

all zelda fans are screeching autists

I liked PH and ST
PH had Linebeck, the best character in the franchise no argument

A Link Between Worlds was really good, it had great dungeon design, great Boss design the characters were all great the new items were great additions and the wall merge mechanic is easily my favourite Zelda Gimmick and probably the best too.

The only 2d Zelda game I didn't like was Phantom Hourglass, It never managed to finish it even when trying to play it twice.

My favourite is Links Awakening but A Link Between Worlds is probably the best.

This one was pretty good

Legend of Zelda is legitimately the best game in the series. Aside from a few retarded decisions (like fucking Grumble Grumble), it is the game that got the feeling of exploration and adventure down the very best.
That said, Zelda II is my favorite. I feel it's technically a weaker game, but I like it more because I had it as a kid, but I didn't have the first one. I also like a game that kicks my ass, and I enjoy grinding, and Zelda 1 is significantly easier.

Great Palace, obviously.

Not a whole lot of side quests or secrets. Other than hearts, magic, and experience points, I can't think of any that aren't necessary.

Fucking Iron Knuckles. Seeing one of those blue fuckers coming is scary, and you feel accomplished (and usually a little fucked up) after beating them.

Rebonack

Don't have one.

After the NES era? Yes. The Oracle games were really everything Zelda should have been after the NES, with all the good puzzles and exploration at play. Even aLttP is way too fucking easy and relies on the story to push the game along, rather than the player's curiosity and intuition.

I actually just finished oracle of ages and I would like to take a moment to bitch about the mermaid suit.
I don't know who thought that the movement scheme for that was a good idea but somebody out there needs a kick in the teeth.

This is correct. Thankfully it looks like Aonuma has gone back to the first game as inspiration for Breath of the Wild. He even said that the climbing mechanic was inspired by the idea of "how to make a 3D game play like a 2D game where if you can see there you can get there" or something. And the art direction is pretty sweet too, though not as close to original Terada drawings as I would prefer.
And open world with puzzles and rewarding exploration and genuine riddles and the like, and no constant fucking help, would be a godsend.

Zelda 1 or 2.
Great Palace. The music is spoopy.
I'm not sure if it counts but finding the lost/hidden village near the 6th palace in Zelda 2 was fun as fuck for me as a kid.
Iron Knuckles. One to one combat on semi-even terms is 9/10 the most fun.
Volvagia.
The redheaded villager that gives Link health by inviting him in to her home for some milk and cookies
Nah, they took what Nintendo had done with LA and improved on it. When they did their own thing with Minish Cap is was shit. That's right, Minish Cap is the worst 2D Zelda. Fight me IRL fgts.

Thats like your opinion man and this is an anonymous imgboard so it holds no more weight than mine or anyone else.

My dubs (which you did not check) say otherwise.

Damn, nearly had double 77s twice in a row.

Anyone play the romhacked versions of spirit tracks and phantom hourglass that let you use the dpad to move? Do they control good?

Minish Cap
Temple of the Ocean King
Collecting the figurines in minish cap, it was a lot of fun and i loved reading the info about it
Dark nuts. Tough and fun
Pumpkin head
Lineback
Can't really give a good reason why either is bad

What does everybody hope for the future of hand held zelda games? I hope it goes focuses more on puzzle fights.

The next hand held Zelda game is Breath of the Wilde.

I ve played it recently,outdated mechanics and inferior in every way to A link to the past

Are the oracle games an example of same game with minimal differences (pokemon red/blue) or both of them are different games? If so does one come before the other?

Are you functionally retarded?

They are completely different games. Ages has a greater focus on puzzles while Seasons has a greater focus on combat. You can play them in either order, but you'll probably end up playing both games at least twice if you want to see everything in them. Playing either game with the password you get from beating the other changes the story and lets you fight the true final boss to both games.

not op

seasons: more action oriented ,coolest final boss
ages:more puzzle oriented ,better premise(time travel),has monster you can ride,one of the worst ginmicks in a zelda game(that goron one)

I prefered seasons overhall,despite of having ages a better plot

If LBW had proper item progression, it would have been great. Having access to almost every single item in the game with just a little bit of rupee-grinding made the game feel totally directionless and pointless to play.
Also the "return items if you die" mechanic is pointless since it's basically impossible to die in that game.

I do not like the sound of that.

In that case you could just get someone else's password online and just play the true versions of the games the first time. I think there's one up on GameFAQs.

Is there any difference between passwords or are they just randomized?

I think they're randomized. They're supposed to be different for everybody.

You barely controls any items in those (i.e: not zeldas)

I admit that Crystalis is more enjoyable than Zelda 1 and Faxanadu is better than Zelda 2 too. A willow is fine, too.

Z3 barely had a story.

Half of the best music comes from Z3, but most of the new music was great, including the music for the minigame, the Octopus Mom and the Ice Dungeon.
The only good dungeons in Z3 are the last ones, like Misery Mire, Turtle Rock and the Ice Dungeon. Try to seriously compare the rest with the new dungeons.

You barely had to use most items. The magic medallions were useless, so was the cape and the Staff of Somaria. In the new game all items were great and their use was encouraged.

Also, the only way A Link Between Worlds should be played is in the hard difficulty (Hero Mode?). In the introductory difficulty you never die so there's no challenge. I bet you never even played the game and only watched a Youtube Longplay, faggot

In a way thats true i guess.

I remember reading about this one in a magazine back in tne '90s, it looked like what I expected from a sequel to Zelda 3.