Do these games have an ending?

Do these games have an ending?
Are the old ones worth playing or should I just skip to the latest one?
Also, general simulation thread.

>tfw you'll never get your favorite villager pregnant

Play the best ac, new leaf

Haha Digby is a boy user!

They end when you decide to stop playing and you effectively "move out".

The only decent animal crossing was the one on gamecube

Animal Crossing is a staple of Gamecube Era vidya, user. You should definitely play it.

She won't even move in. I waited 3 years for you Cookie. At least I had Ankha.

Sort of, in the Gamecube version you get a statue for paying off all your debts. Not sure if it's worth the bells unless you're a completionist, but it's there. I haven't finished NL so I don't know off the top of my head what the "ending" is, but I assume it's something similar. (I'm not far from it, but I can't bring myself to go back to my town after not playing for a couple years. I also hate starting over games I've invested a decent amount of time into.)

Yes, Gamecube is the best version, (and easier to emulate) but NL is still good.

It isn't moving out. Your neighbors will just see that you never leave your house for years while your town goes to shit

How do I gets lots of money, I find it a pain having to play each day because I eventually drop it for months and there's not much to do.

Tangy moved out of my town
How do I get character portraits as well?

I never should have left Wild World. I can't enjoy this series anymore

I did the same thing with Pokemon. There's something about these "one save slot" games that really gets you.

sell all the fruits in your town

The game ends when you get too bored of it to play anymore.
The Gamecube game has a cozier feeling to it but New Leaf has significantly more content, including an unlockable Puzzle League minigame. The other games aren't really that important to play or are mediocre at best.

I never played an animal crossing before New Leaf, is it true that the dialog in the older games was more varied and interesting? New Leaf's dialog seemed kind of neutered to me, everybody who was supposed to have a personality was like

>Grrr I'm GRUMPY but not really I'm actually super friendly

Aww fucking 8ch what the shit.

Fill out the entire catalog :^)

It's been a very long time since I played the Gamecube game but I think there is at least some credibility to this statement. I think that for example it took a very long time for ornery characters like Camofrog to open up to you and treat you like a real friend.

Do you enjoy buying this game, finishing everything you can do in 15 minutes for that day then literally having to wait until tomorrow to do the same thing you did the previous day?

Do you enjoy doing fucking nothing? Here was my experience with this boring piece of shit:

There's fucking nothing to do. Don't expect to play it for more than 15 minutes a day.

Also, you're forced to open it up every day or everything will go to hell because the villagers are so incompetent in their day to day lives. It feels like a chore.

I know I'll purchase the next Animal Crossing on the Switch. I do it with every console regardless of quality, because I'm a sucker for pain.

No wonder no one on this site has a girlfriend

I have a pregnant wife.Q

Why handle the responsibilities if it's not fun to do? Since when did chores become fun and a selling point of a video games.

They end when you wake up

If you wanna do it legit?

1. Farming your tropical island for golden beetles is a good start. (In one of the original New Leaf promo commercials, Reggie pretty much spells it out for you as an ezpz way of making quick cash.)
2. The stalk market is still a thing thanks to the revival of the New Leaf community; buy low, sell high, and find a general for someone to bum their town to you for five minutes or so. If you're good, you'll snowball your money real fast with playing the market.
3. Rare fruit farms. While you're out at the market selling those turnips, pick up a few rare fruits from their town and grow an orchard in yours. They're time-gated but a tried-and-true method of making some quick pocket change. If you can get your hands on a perfect fruit that can grow in your town, you can pair that with your orchard. (Forewarning: perfect fruit trees are a one-harvest tree, so always save a fruit for replanting.)
4. Bug-hunting and fishing. If you have the PWP unlocked or have a TV in your room, make sure to follow a TV guide for the game or check the weather to know when it rains. Fish up those coelancanths for good money.
5. You got a green thumb? Get to growing those gold roses. Challenging work that takes many, many days, but the fun is in getting it right. A fence PWP will help your Mendel skills significantly as well as the golden watering can (but that's obvious).
6. Shake your trees everyday. Every single one. Furniture drops and spare change are common rewards. And if you get good at it, bees and their hives are 8k per pair.

There's a lot more you can do, but these are some of the ones that stand out in particular.

Befriend a neighbor you like. Like, reeeeeally get all up in their personal space. Talk to them frequently, send them letters (with presents, if you want), play with them when they ask, do them favors, invite them to your house, visit them on their birthday, etc. etc.

Sometimes your old neighbors will visit your Main Street plaza. The list of visitors in your downtown are your last 16 neighbors who moved out. Once you stop seeing Tangy visit your Main Street, there's a possibility of her moving back in. Don't lose hope, user.

Yep. "Snooty" and "Grumpy" neighbors in the original were NASTY to you in the beginning. The dialogue in the original also relied far, faaaar less on mentioning food to be a topic starter of any kind. Resetti would also chew you out real good for resetting the game.

I'm still waiting for a New Leaf mod that "adds back" in that old dialogue.

*the weather reader PWP

Because I have the reading comprehension of a goldfish. Clearly.

Yes:
ACGC: Talk to K.K. Slider by the train station on Saturday evening
ACWW/CF: Talk to K.K. Slider in the cafe on satuday evening
ACNL: Sit on the bricks around the tree in the town plaza
boom bam bing done

GCN/N64 > 3DS > DS > Wii

I can't stand that Nintendo keeps on removing content and gimping features they implement.
Placing city projects has got to be one of the most frustrating things I've ever done in a casual game.

its supposed to be satisfying or whatever

Could you explain what you mean by this?

the gamecube version is the best and is easily emulated on a phone. still unsurpassed in its genre

The original Animal Crossing is 'ended' by spamming item codes at Tom Nook until you have every item you need and a maxed-out bank account. There's even 'speedruns' of this.

No sane person can 100% New Leaf, but there's several good points you can stop at. Assuming you know how to spoof amiibo data here's an easiest-to-hardest 'ending point' list:

It's also the only game in that console generation where it loads itself entirely into RAM, letting you remove the disk during normal gameplay. You don't have to put it back in unless you quit or try to load a 'map' outside of your town.

It's a phrase meaning that you can't repeat something over and over. The fruit has to grow back once you shake the fruit tree, which takes a few days. It's not something you can keep doing all day every day, like fishing or bug catching.

Sage for spoonfeed

Yes. In the Gamecube all characters had a lot more dialogue and a lot more variety in said dialogue. (especially Blathers) I believe there's about 6-9 different personality types in Animal Crossing. Characters would speak and act in a way depending on their personality. This was more noticeable in "Snooty" or "Grumpy" characters as they hated you at first. They would only start being nicer to you after you befriend them over time.
In New Leaf, the personalities are less distinct. They're all nice and friendly, or less nice and friendly. There's less variety in dialogue and characters don't seem to have as much to say as before. I don't enjoy interacting with characters as much in NL because of this.

I think this is mostly agreeable other than a few people placing 3DS on par with or slightly ahead of GC.

I know there's a Dolphin port for Android that runs like shit for most games, but does AC actually work?

Does that include the NES games?

Nah, unfortunately it needs to boot up a separate emulation package, and re-load the town afterwards.

Shouldn't you be getting to work, user?

Shame they got rid of that. I think I spent more time playing emulated Clu Clu Land than I did playing the actual game I payed money for.

Someone please post the screen cap of the user that had a handicap mom who played with him and his sister and the user stopped playing but she kept sending gifts.

That was the ingame mom

Just like in real life

AC > CL (with improvement hacks) > WW > CL
haven't played NL
massive super-duper pro-tip: DON'T MINMAX

There's mods for City Folk? What kind of mods?