Falcom Thread

NIHON FALCOM (Ys, Trails, Gurumin, Xanadu, Brandish, etc) thread

Don't forget to support their games and spoiler the spoilers!

- Falcom's Trails of Cold Steel I & II have sold over 900000 copies in total, and they're planning to release Cold Steel III by September 2017
- PS4 ver Ys VIII also planned for release by September 2017, and Falcom want to expand to many platforms, smartphone apps & collabs worldwide
- Falcom looking for the first time into expanding their business outside Japan into North America, Europe, etc. for once
- Get hyped for announcements and more information: the annual shareholders meeting is happening next month
- Xanadu Next just got released for PC, go grab it at Steam / GOG / Humble Store
- XSEED preparing 7 games for PC steamdb.info/sub/13578/apps/
- Most games published by XSEED now to be developed with a PC release in mind gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-09-09-no-fan-left-behind (end of the 9th paragraph)
- Trails of Cold Steel II released for North America and Europe
- TitS the 3rd for Spring 2017 (PC only)
- Akatsuki no Kiseki (F2P browser game) on open beta, happens around the first half of Trails to Azure, register and play at akatuki.ujj.co.jp/ (instructions: esterior.net/2016/08/akatsuki-no-kisekis-closed-beta-opens-on-825-and-how-to-sign-up/ )
- We need a new guide for the Ys game, any volunteers?
-Ys Origin confirmed for PS4/Vita
-Sen no Kiseki III still on track for release in 2017
-New Sen III details revealed at the December Falcom shareholders meeting

pastebin.com/G2mswYCt

Don't forget to support their games!

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/RPGSite/status/813778799884058624
rpgsite.net/news/5168-tetracast-extra-a-falcom-holiday-getaway
xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/154832846575/end-of-the-year-question-extravaganza-blog-1
twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/814185738870734848
dualshockers.com/2016/12/28/xseed-trails-in-the-sky-3rd/
trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html
gamesindustry.biz/resources/directory/company/xseed_games
sonicmega.tumblr.com/post/150519010861/there-are-many-lines-of-dialogue-rean-didnt-get
archive.is/ciiFi
falcom.com/info/falcomsecret/toridoshi/20170101.html
twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/811338651032547328
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Just beat Ys 1 on for the first time the other day. Once on normal and then on nightmare, it was great. I made Webm related for fun.

Ys 2 is also good too so far but I feel it has a slower pace. Probably due to being able to level up more then just 10 times.

Damn is the only thing I find wonky about this game as you have to play him in 4:3 for some reason. Nightmare is also not that hard because you don't really engage the enemy as other hack and slash games. You get a trajectory and pass and you're done. I and II are really good games none the less. Very very light on the JRPG mechanics and heavy on the action. The following games seemed to step it up each time then returned to balls to the wall action to the MAX in 0.

Since 0 mixed all the modern mechanics with how the series started I consider it the best in many regards not only to the Ys series, to Falcom games, to HacknSlash, but to games in general.

SnKIII getting a PS4 only release makes me rage. I won't be able to ever play their games again at this point. They will transition to consoles and as Sony has no new handheld they will stay there.

By the time they get around to doing the Calvard arc in the Kiseki series I'll miss it and thusly never see the conclusion to the Kiseki franchise as I have seen the conclusion to Gagharv and Fahren.

Well it is your own decision not to buy a PS4.

Buying a console is a poor decision.

Amen

You know what makes me rage? Ymir being cut from Cold Steel 1 and Western Erebonia being cut from Cold Steel 2 because they had to accommodate outdated tech. I can't wait for console-only Kiseki,

Gonna love myself 2017-2019. Good amount of games coming out that I want, including updated Ys VIII and CS3, which is probably shaping up to be the biggest Kiseki game yet, given that they're adding new characters while older ones are coming in. Also, Western Erebonia areas and Crossbell areas.

What I REALLY hope for is that these games get ported to PC so more people who don't have the handheld that's running on fumes can play it

If it means getting a full game without anything having to be cut from the final product due to hardware limits, then fuck it. Let it come to PS4 or PC too, whatever. People really shouldn't get salty over their preferred outdated platform being shafted.

So, with the Noble Alliance defeated who are Bardias and Le Guin going to be working for? I can't see them introducing characters like that and hyping them (and their Soldats) up so much without them coming into play later in an antagonistic role. But I can't figure out what they'll actually be doing since they were introduced as allied to a faction that no longer exists as of Sen III.

I can't really see them working for Osborn.

There is a small sect of Noble Alliance still in Western Erebonia if I remember correctly. They're either still with them or shifted alliances once they realized their side was losing. I was really disappointed in them and how they were treated. Oh, you're smashing tanks in your tank smashers? Really putting your abilities to the test there. They should have been kept strictly to Western Erebonia so they could debut in Sen 3 so we could get a full measure of their power in a fight.

Eh, Xeno and Leonidas were teased in Cold Steel 1 and you never really got to see what they could do either. It's not that weird they give little teases of upcoming antagonists.

motherfucker, I don't wanna buy a ps4 for one game

Yeah, they were teased, but Bardias and Le Guin were given pretty much front row tickets in interacting with the crew. Most we got out of it was Laura collapsing due to "their sheer strength" and to follow that up they get to fight tanks, granted it was two of Erebonia's best companies, but still. I think they blew their load a bit too early on them unless they're planning on something truly remarkable with them in 3.

Why not? Bardias isn't a noble and probably doesn't care, and Le Guin just wants to be the very best by beating Victor Arseid and Zechs Vander, so I don't think she cared THAT much about nobles vs. IA, her side was just convenient. Of course I could be forgetting something.

I definitely agree that they should've been less prominent if they weren't going to do much. Just the visit to Legram would've been fine before making their way to the Western Front.

Imagine, Falcom never cutting content again. Imagine how massive the games will be.

We've got to be more careful about updating the OP.

Yeah, sorry. I'm not the usual guy who makes these threads. But they keep hitting the bump limit and sliding off and no one makes a new one so I just kind of do it without know much about it other than copying what's there.

I'm the biggest Vita fanboy I know (I've bought 5 games for the fucker in the last 24 hours alone) and I'm glad that Sen III is PS4 exclusive. Good, handheld limitations won't hold it back.

I'm not because I don't want to buy one, wish they made it for ps3 too at least

PS3 is almost as limiting as Vita at this point.

This. The cell processor was a mistake, even the ps3 versions chug with enough lighting in a scene. The vita versions are borderline unacceptable, I only tolerated them because I could play on my night shift.

The PS3 versions are poorly optimized though. They don't even run at 1080p.

Well Falcom has no interest in PC. Maybe Xseed or someone else will one day port the Cold Steel trilogy to Steam?

Probably. XSeed did the Corpse Party port didn't they?

But they'll probably need help with much bigger projects like the Cold Steel series.

I wonder what happend. TiTS came out on Windows first. Then got ported. Then they just dropped it when it came to Zero and Ao and never looked back. Is the PC market that bad in Nippon? I thought with all the ports and console gaming dying in favor of mobile people would play more on their desktops.

how is the steam/gog version of Akr of Napshtim?

japanese can't into desktop gaming. their culture have always been focused on cellphones and handhelds. also the pc market of games is a mess. the big boys make everything they can to force console games since it plays such a huge role in the economy. can't you see how most jp devs can't optimize for pc at all? DOA5 being coded to work like in the Windows Embedded that arcade boards use. Capcom adding a rootkit that could fuck the user OS. Xseed (westerners) porting. neptunia having frame rate issues on a GTX Titan. and the list goes on

Do you live under a rock? This has been true since the late 90s
Nips still use XP and Win98
Only now is it seeing a small resurgence due to Steams popularity and less region locking in the current year, more weebshit from VNs to actual games, ports of console games and Asian market influence along with laptops being less costly and smaller than a console.

Nips homequarters can barely accomodate a console, much less a desktop.

Xseed doesn't port shit
They pay other companies to do so

They lost their PC publisher when Zwei II flopped.

>RPG Site [email protected]/* */

twitter.com/RPGSite/status/813778799884058624

???

Its going to be dissapointing info that we already know, isn't it?

Probably, but at least you have good taste.

Falcom not finishing a heavily story-based series they started on one set of platforms means maybe not supporting that third game is a good idea.

Why live?

If it's only 1.5 years, Sarafags may not get payoff in 3.

Nah.

They're gonna switch protags afters this game, so if we don't get her now we never will. That said, despite the fact it's only been one and a half years Rean looks like he's aged five, so I think Sara will be just fine with the way things are. Especially if he followed her path and started teaching students.

The Vita is dead.

That resurgence is mainly due to the fact that the PS4 and XBone are x86 based hardware. That makes porting to PC trivial. The only hard part is taking varying hardware into consideration, something that Japanese dev have very little experience with.

I think that the chances of SnK3 being released on PC are pretty high. Hell XSeed managed to port the PSP specific stuff into the PC version of SnK SC and that requires more work than porting a PS4 game to PC.

Even if it's not gonna pay off, I'm okay with Laura, Fie, Emma, or Green

A bigger question is if they'll let Rean bang the jailbait.

Fie will almost certainly get upgraded in this game. Millium and Altina…not sure. Not sure about his students either.

Lean Schwalzer
Arisa Leinford
Raura S. Alseid
Emma Mirrstein
Fie Crausser
Erriot Claig
Gaius Wolzer
Machias Legnitz
Jusis Arbalea
Mirrium Olion
Clow Almblust

Millium says if she grows it won't be that much more, and I figure the same goes for Altina as they're artificial humans. Fie will likely go through a growth spurt.

Sala Varestine

MUH CONSOLE TO PC PORTS BY MARVELOUS
every fucking thread, it goes like this you fucking idiots (and I will be making a nice graphic to spam these threads with soon)
SOMEWHERE IN JAPAN
MEANWHILE IN GAINJI AMERICA

I'm okay if it never comes to PC. I'm an idort. But I'm always open to more people being able to play the series.

Hes sperging out, the poor child

Sperging out? You're a completely delusional idiot. A version 1.1 illustrating how dumb you guys are.

Still can't believe we haven't had that DBZ character.

Craile Lieverdt
Shalon Kleugel
Orivelt Leise Alnol
Arfin Leise Alnol
Erise Schwalzel
Vita Crotirde
Artina Olion
Rroyd Bannings
Lixia Mao
McBuln

I never knew I had that fetish until CS2.

I don't even know what Falcom is, but I only came here to report you

WEW LADDEH

He was already banned
The post I'm replying to is him ban evading

Esterre Blight
Joshua Blight

You have no idea what you're talking about, idiot.

I wasn't banned I had shit to do and turned my computer off. You are also an idiot.

I see this happening in my own country as well. Very few people have desktops/tower PCs since laptops/macbooks are powerful, reliable and cheap enough these days. Thanks to HDMI and controllers gaming on laptop is perfectly viable now. The PS4 is basically already laptop parts.

Jailbait? I wonder what the age of consent is in Erebonia. Is Millium equiped with a womb?

Didn't SnKII come out in the west yet so you guys could be more infatuated with the better of the two bunny lolis?

pic related is superior to burch tier waifus

Congrats you are the fat american in my image. The ignorant whale immune to reason who wishes every day the world would work the way he wants.

If she bleeds she can breed

Don't fist android girls, user.

Is she really an android, or some kind of homunculous?

I've no idea, but I assume she and Altina are some kind of homunculus. Unless the black workshop is in fact making archaisms in the form of humans.

You're dumb enough to be one so I'm just assuming you are.

I said I would. It's a convenient image I can put in ever thread instead of typing out some never ever statement. Xseed fanboys are delusional retards.

She's just like Tio.

Noble girls don't make their debut until 16 in Erebonia. Millium is less than 15.

I disliked Millium in CS, but I did a few of her CS II bonds and they endeared me. I like her more than Altina because she's an actual child.

CS II shows her growing in a pod. She's "organic".

Millium was 13 in CS1 and I assume 2 since there's not much time between them. Maybe she turns 14 by the end of it. 1.5 year gap between 2 and 3 puts her at most likely 15.

Yeah I thought she was cool in I because she had a big robot and huge damage, but ultimately got the witch sister as a waifu…I forget her name.

In II I waifu'd Millennium because I liked her events, it turned out in the end I did hers the most and she was like my little sister (which is a big deal in japan) instead of my waifu. I also did hang around with her because she had Zwei references and I love me some Zwei!! Altina is just cooler I guess…with that music and the way she acts.

Oh I should also add "she's just like Tio" because you actually get introduced to these cyberised girls in Zero no Kiseki with Tio. If you played that when it came out you should be use to what is going on with little girls and tech/relics by Sen because there's been a lot of talk about it. They're all real organic flesh and blood girls.

I guess this is why knowing moon helps in these sorts of things since I of course haven't played that arc.

FYI, Cold Steel 1 and 2 are up on PlayStation Now if anyone uses that.

rpgsite.net/news/5168-tetracast-extra-a-falcom-holiday-getaway

Not actually news from Falcom, though…

"I’m not a fan of inserting internet memes in games, either, so I can’t even do that kind of “humor.”"
Brittany, Localization Producer for XSeed

Yeah, that blog post was nice. Also showed how ESRB are utter shitters as well.

But of course.

Link to the blog post?

xseedgames.tumblr.com/post/154832846575/end-of-the-year-question-extravaganza-blog-1

Fuck, this podcast is getting me hyped for Ys VIII on PS4, with the way he's describing Adol's movement.

I'm really weird. I believe localisation should mean translating the game from Japanese to English. Not insert your own writing or FUCK WITH THE GAME.

Sadly a lot of companies disagree.

Did anyone in Japan when they translated the Bible say: "that Jesus guy is a huge faggot let's change him into a cool samurai slaying demons"?

I get that sometimes they have to change things like puns or jokes to make sense. That's alright. I think XSeed is great, because they translate the feeling and context. Not literal translation, but they get the context, tone, expression etc across effectively.

But other companies just go overboard, changing entire characters from the original, like making a gentle giant girl into a butch stronk womyn in FE Fates.

Name a localization that has EVER changed to source material to that degree.

That's what localization is ideally supposed to be.

twitter.com/XSEEDGames/status/814185738870734848

You must have never heard of Working Design. Lucky you.

Look at this fucking dreamer.

B-but the real idiots are those asking for PC ports! XSEED could perfectly do PSP releases and console ports! WHY WON'T A PSP GAME BE RELEASED ON 2017???

If it wasn't for Tom or Sara, i'd make her my XSEED waifu

She's ready to mingle.

But she said before she was straight. I always felt she was also into girls.

Also that's not her.

That's Brittany. Hatsuu is her twitter handle.

I fucking hate PC gaming too but this is Falcom, you can play their games on a 10 year old laptop running XP.

If you really care you find a way. Let Tita be your inspiration.

Close enough though

Kroe Linz.
BreuBranc
Wartel the Dileworf

No, not really. Did you forget her SK cosplay already? She doesn't look like that at all.

I've never seen her before.

Oh. Ehh.

Is that her? She's alright. Will probably look better if she wasn't cosplaying though.

Not everything is about the hardware. Some people just prefer the form factor of handhelds. Personally I would never play something like Monster Hunter on a PC, it's just not suited. I also feel like many Falcom games, especially Ys, would be very well suited to handhelds.

Yes up to but not including 7 are great for handhelds. The little dude you control is so small it's just fit for a tinier device. I will admit that although nayuta was on PSP and it belonged there, it shared the 7 engine but it seemed more geared to a handheld because the field screens weren't big like in 7. A larger screen and interface would work good in that case.

That being said I'll be getting this for Vita.

I'll probably get it for PS4 if it's cheap. Already have it for PC, though.

XSEED has finished Chapter 3 translation
Only editing left
dualshockers.com/2016/12/28/xseed-trails-in-the-sky-3rd/

I ignore the item from the chest and just want to read the hidden message

A case of good localization. Add new, small thing to improve the experience without botching up or taking away old thing.

Does Falcom know that they do that?

Can't wait to see them translating Zer-

Gonna need an explanation for this. It hinges on whether I bother with Cold Steel at all. Also fuck being held hostage by Sony—I'm about done with that bullshit.

In Cold Steel 1 there is a segment set between chapters 6 and 7 where the class visits Rean's hometown and has a little adventure there. Because of the Vita's data limitations, they couldn't put it in. Instead it's a drama CD you have to read the transcript of online. They talk about the stuff that happened in it several times in Cold Steel 2 as well.

In Cold Steel 2 they wanted to put parts of Western Erebonia into the game. Basically they wanted to have more locations to visit. Again, Vita limitations meant they had to let go of those intentions as well. I'm pretty sure the Cold Steel 2 drama CD scene was based on something they had to cut as well.

So the only thing that held the series hostage was the Vita itself.

Late in the game, there's a vacation that's glossed over and explained via narration and a few pictures. That is a trip to Ymir, Rean's hometown, a section that was meant to be playable but was was cut and made into a Drama CD instead. It's considered canon and is referenced in 2.

In CS 2, we were supposed to able to travel to a few places in Western Erebonia in addition to the Eastern places we'd been. That was cut and never happens in story.

XSeed did translate the Drama CD.

True. I couldn't get into TiTS when I played on PC, but on Vita it was great. I liken it to how I couldn't download a console version of Steins;Gate. Reading a VN on console feels like it would fucking kill me.

It's still worth playing, though. The segments in bot hare small.

Hopefully with 3 they can do a huge 10+ GB game and have fun with it.

Tell me

Why didn't Adol kiss the Feena at the end of Ys II.

Did he expect that this may lead her to refuse to seal the Black Pearl again, or is this guy just too blunt to see the cues?

What he said, don't not play the game on account of what was cut, though it can make you shake your head a little when it's referenced, especially since it's supposed to introduce some big villains and is a part of Rean's character development. And CS II feels big enough without the Western sections.

Well most nips ignore what happens to their games outside moonrunesland, so I guess they dont give a fuck.

So I guess we will never ever get those scenes in PC?
they are going to port the games to PC, right?!

Here's the final question: Is it cut in Japanese?

The Jap versions of the game? Yeah. XSeed didn't cut anything out while localizing it.

They never got far enough along to really make it, so they're not going to now. There are rough models of Ymir in Cold Steel 1's data, but they realized they'd have to cut it early enough that they never made it. I think the same is true of some of the stuff in CS2. Even if they do port it to the PC there's nothing to add.

There is nothing in the Japanese version that isn't in the western release. Xseed doesn't do that.

Adol doesn't want to break Lillia's heart and likes her a bit, that and he has minor autism.

Yep Xseed didn't do anything

No they will never be on PC

But Adol wasn't even in lova with Lillia? That would have been Clawman from Ys Origins.

Yeah, usually nips ignore it, but Falcom seems buddy-buddy with Xseed. So I wasn't sure.

Yeah, it was also cut in the Japanese version. XSeed didn't remove anything.

XSeed also translated the JP drama CDs for CS1 and CS2 that had the stuff that was cut. It's on the site.

Don't read the Ymir (Story 1) one until you've gotten past that point in CS1, and don't read the Alster (Story 2) one until you've gotten up to Act 2 in Cold Steel 2.

trailsofcoldsteel.com/cs2/memoirs1.html

Hey, if Tokyo Xanadu is being ported then so will Cold Steel.
All in due time.

Shit, I didn't know they did it for CS II's drama CD too.

The CSII drama CD will mean more to you if you've read the manga with Estelle, Joshua and Toval since it takes place in that town.

Well of course I haven't, goddammit.

Tokyo Xanadu is being localized and ported by Aksys.

And it's not even the eX+ PS4 version. It's the Vita version.

Xanadu was always a PC game.

?

All in due time nigger

And Legend of Heroes was not?

It's called Ring of Judgement. You can find it if you look online.

Welp, mixed up characters. Besides, Feena was the only one Adol really was in love with, anyhow.

We'll see. I really do hope CS comes to PC at some point, though, because the more people playing it, the better.

Meme magic is real user
It you believe hard enough, it will happen.

It won't.

CS wasn't, CS won't be on PC as it wasn't on PC and never will be.

I'm fine with it whether it does or it doesn't. I like being an idort so I'll be playing those games either way. I love them.

Looking forward to Ys 8 too.

Porting CS to PC is incredible easy. Literally a few clicks on the engine menu and do some checks.

Tokyo Xanadu wasn't as well
Seriously, what are you on about?

The We Love Sora no Kiseki album is great.

Adol doesn't love anything but adventure. Pussy is a distraction.

Breddy gud
Any of you fine anons play Zwei?

What is that?

The best Falcom album in a long time.

It's an arrange album.

Oh man, I already have Super Arrange. I need to check this out.

Tokyo Xanadu is also a different publisher you autist.

check'em

There is a fucking comic? When they say lore heavy they are not kidding

Field?

Shamefur

Not deep into Ys yet, but I've glimpsed enough to know one truth: the one that loves adventure over pussy is Adol. The one that loves pussy over adventure is his evil twin, Rance.

Checked

Demanding an edit of this gif with Estelle as Nightwolve while one of his massive wall texts scroll really fast, then Walter as XSEED and when the kick happens, the leg has "*game ships*" written on it and the wall text disappears

Its only been a month since 2 has been localized and 1 year since the first was localized.
Xseed will port it in due time

Why are you so sure?

XSEED greatest flaw is their slow pace
gamesindustry.biz/resources/directory/company/xseed_games

That… proves nothing.

If you say so

No, seriously, it proves nothing. "most games" "in the future".

It only indicates that there's a chance, but that's not a proof.

From the CS II drama CD. Aidios party member confirmed for some point in the series. If she isn't the Grandmaster.

She very easily could be both. As well as Estelle's mom.

Wouldnt that require her to be alive?

>He hasn't heard the theory about Estelle's mom being Adios.

She is Adios, as in bye-bye. No longer among people.
Although, if any man could charm a Goddess from Heaven into taking physical form and living as a housewife, it it Cassius Bright.

Rance and Adol team up game when?

Honestly, that game dialogue would be amazing.

I can't believe these fuckers foreshadowed Rufus being an Ironblood with how well he and Governor Regnitz got along at the festival.

Wait Estelle is fucking Jesus? That's… interesting.

Did Governor Regnitz actually know that Rufus is an Ironblood? As far as it seems, not even Lechter or Claire knew about it. I thought that it was just an incredibly well-kept secret

It seemed Osbourne and Regnitz were fairly close from the scenes we saw in 1, I wouldn't doubt he was one of the secret keepers to some capacity and then figured it out if he didn't outright know.

No, Joshua is fucking Jesus, apparently. Estelle is Jesus. I don't see it. Did she have some special power of scene in 3rd?

But Governor Regnitz is Osbourne's right hand man, isn't he? If he is, I couldn't see him not knowing and Osbourne going through the trouble of keeping an ace like that hidden. Did Lechter actually not know? Claire I could see not knowing, but I'd be shocked if Lechter didn't.

I looked up when it was revealed.

Lechter didn't know. When Millium figures out that Rufus is an Ironblood, Lecher says "It sure looks that way"

and then Rufus himself says pics related.

Oh, whoops.

Given that none of the Septerrion are actually magical in nature, it's possible that the Goddess is a role in the techno-orbal system rather than a divine force.

After replaying CS I, and seeing some fucking slideshows when more than 6 people/monsters are on screen, I for one look forward to seeing Falcom on PS4. Though since they likely had to change a few assets, we likely won't see what they really have to offer until Calvard.

Finally picked up Trails in the Sky 1 again, after a year's pause. Just started Chapter 2 and in the orphanage now. There's something about this game that it really loses for the boring battle system. The character writing is down to earth and believable for the most part, it's rare to see a game depicting teens acting like teens so well. It doesn't have to be full edge like Squall or weird happy-go-lucky shit like so many others, this game is starting to feel like an adventure of slow progress like the good old JRPG times.

Sky 1 is slow going. It spends a lot of time building it up.

As for the battle system, when you start getting more crafts, and more quartz to focus your autism on customizing, then it starts to get engaging.

Are you mixing you quartz properky to get more powerful arts?

Post your images, I lost the rest of mine.

All I got.

Well fuck it I'm ready to accept Estelle as my Lord and Saviour.

How do the japanese make such great females without them being mary sue's or feminist icons?

Estelle, The Major, Anemone, etc they're just written like respectable real people and not pandering to bleeding hearts.

It's a shame how CS turns Trails into weeaboo pandering.

And yet another person who doesn't know Lloyd is a harem protagonist and waifuism is abundant in Zero/Ao and that bonding events started there.

Which ending hurt the most? Sky, Zero, or Cold Steel?

Accidental sage.

I'm assuming you mean first parts? Still Sky for me. Cold Steel's was more just frustrating that it was a cliffhanger and wanting to see what happened next..

the ending of the first game in each sub series? Sky was good, but I think Cold Steel hit me harder because there felt as if there was far more shit going down during that time.

Zero did that, not CS.

Yeah, the end to the first games. To me, Sky was more shocking because of the shift in tone caused by Weissman and Joshua's backstory, but I think Trails hit harder because more things were falling apart. At least with Sky, only one person was kind of in danger, and even then all you had to do was find him. In Cold Steel, the country falls into Civil War with very difficult to fight mechs, the central location Thors is occupied with you and faculty fighting insurmountable odds, and then Rean is forced to retreat while his friends buy him time fighting a battle they can't win. I was honestly a little worried some would die. I wanted to kill Crow. Sky made me feel bad for Estelle, but CS just had such a good sense of despair and helplessness. So I say CS.

In unrelated news, Rean's English VA voices lines on Tumblr.

sonicmega.tumblr.com/post/150519010861/there-are-many-lines-of-dialogue-rean-didnt-get

Yeah, he did some requests a while back.

the lord works in mysterious ways

That's how you do it. Write people, not tropes, and don't care about how they "represent" anything other than themselves.

Ehh, fuck it.
PRAISE STREGAS
PRAISE ST. JOSHUA
PRAISE ST. JOSHUA'S MIGHTY COCK

Why is he so perfect?

Don't trust anybody. Not even yourself.

Especially when you're Joshua.

You haven't seen true horror

That play was a well made sequence. I would have taken something like that over the thing we got in CS to be honest.

Yeah, in Trails it's clearly comical, but the awful musical number in CS is just unforgivable. As well as the existence of Angelica. Jesus Christ, I hope she dies.

They really fucked up doing I Swear instead of The Whereabouts of Light.

Are you Angelica autist? I'm not sure since you've made 8 posts without going "Trails of Cucked Steel" but you may just be on your meds tonight.

I will fully admit that I am the guy who says she needs to die every thread. Maybe she's better in Japan, but I hate her voice actress and how she sexualizes everything.

Shit wrong meme

I don't really like Angelica all that much, but I might just start posting her just to trigger you.

It doesn't trigger me that much, but she's not appropriate for the setting. If she just flirted with Towa or whoever it was wouldn't be a big deal, but you don't see Olivier saying "WHAT A GREAT PACKAGE" or "CANT WAIT TO SUCK THESE DICKS." Maybe it's more subtle in Jap.

That's all he wants, really. Notice how he just had to throw Gelica into his post. He felt unnoticed like he always does. I mean, I can see the faint strand of connection since she showed back up in that sequence, but other than that it was an unrelated comment.

Let's all psychoanalyze each other! But seriously, the character could have been given more depth. It kinda comes out of nowhere that she's suddenly a player in the military conflict in the second game.

Olivier talks about wanting to fuck and get naked about as much as Angelica talks about girls.

Wait you're right. Shit, I already took the bait.

But besides lesbianism and our feelings on it, does anyone in Class 7 have time orbments besides Fie? Given that Crow and Rean are both Time+Basic Element, that might mark her as an Awakener.

Bull. Shit. This setting has Olivier and he isn't the only one either.

Listen to he's wise.

Let's not get into this. Maybe Erebonia is just more liberal about that sort of thing.

yeah, it was pretty good, lewds fucking when?!

Joshua is not for sexual. He is like Bayonetta, his underwear must never be removed.

Checkmate, now give me the lewds!

That's what you get.

It's also because they write characters that they think would be fun, rather than writing characters for the sake of representation, or trying to be cool or hip.

Because he's voiced by DC Douglas

I really, really love I Swear. I was expecting Wheareabouts of Light, but I was pleasantly surprised.

Did someone said heresy?

D.C. Also voices Valimar.

Aside: who's people's favorite Enforcer or Anguis? Can be for any reason. Mine is Walter. I like his aesthetic.

And Valimar is sexier because of it.

Also Duvalie. She's not an enforcer but she's that tier. And hands down she's my favourite "elite" Ouroboros enemy. Followed closely by Sharon and McBurn. I also like the Steel Maiden even though I've never played Zero/Ao, because she looks awesome.

Duvalie if I can pick her. Renne if I can't. MicBurn if they have to still be active.

Phew, I was expecting easy mode Loewe. I wouldn't count Duvalie since she's not really an Enforcer, but a disciple of an Anguis, sort of like Joshua to Weissman, except Joshua had the darkness to join Ourobouros where Duvalie doesn't. I was afraid McBurn would be a faggot the first time I saw him, but after he went crazy in the end I really can't wait to see and fight him again.

Now I ask about your individual picks, Sharon and Renne. What'd you like about them.

Renne is just a really good character. She's got a great arc and is written very, very well. I don't think I mentioned Sharon, but I like her well enough. She's still a little mysterious, though. They haven't really gone into her backstory much other than to hint that something is there.

Sharon has an incredibly playful, flirty air about her, and you can tell just under that shell there's an insanely deadly killer that's ready to strike at a moment's notice. That and she seems genuinely "nice" and caring. Plus she has cool little animations in CS2 when you run around as her. Like her twirling animation when she puts her sword away, or holding her skirt up as she runs.

I wonder if she'll join the Reanbowl in CS3.

XSEED just announced Ys 8 for Vita, PS4 and PC

archive.is/ciiFi

Falcom games are for weebs. Shouldn't you be posting about Tracer in an Overwatch thread?

I like Vita when she's being a bitch.

kill yourself you are on a fucking anime image board

wrong post

I watched Renne's backstory on YouTube (someone put up subtitles). And though I already knew it, it hits like a truck. Goddamn, when Kiseki gets dark it gets dark.

That actually happens in CSII. That's why there's so much art of it. In Zero Lloyd doesn't even know Rixia personally let alone have her on the team.

They're really not big weeb games despite coming from japan, yeah now since Falcom is trying to pander to the persona audience for their shekels it's worse. Still the weeb games are more Senran and Nep.

Yes, I'm aware. She becomes a thing in Ao and officially joins the harem. The images were just ones I had on hand showing Lloyd in standard anime hjinks, which happens in Zero too. Just with the many, many other girls who want his dick.

The fuck is wrong with you? Next time just make a Trails thread.

Rean is Osbourne's son.

Hey we sometimes talk about Ys and Xanadu.

Yet never about Gurumin or Popful Mail

What about Brandish?

Brandish and Nayuta are well liked by obscurer.

Not as much lore in the other and better games.

They'll get around to it eventually.

Didn't they censor her backstory in future releases of 3 because it was so fucked up. But yeah, Trails can certainly go there when it wants, it's what makes Joshua's backstory and Hamel more impactful when you hear about it, because the rest of the story seems so light with few fatalities.

I was referring to the other guy
Something in 1202, which is when she and Sara met apparently. And if I recall correctly, she's been with the Reinfords since before then.

Probably not. I don't think she'd cuck Alisa like that no matter how much we want her to.

Feel free to bring them up. The Falcom thread is open.

They did. Tom did say they wouldn't be cutting anything from the localization, though, and it's based off the original PC version.

Well for me a weeb is someone interested in Japanese culture and entertainment. I don't really see it as negative.
Anyone who doesn't play the Western triple A game of the month is considered weird and a social outcast by the mainstream, doubly so if you play jrpgs.

Ys:O, Nayuta, and ZweiII+ are the best games Falcom made. Sorry bruv.

If you prefer gameplay over story I guess.

You know Liberl seems to be the most civilised, peaceful and stable country in the whole of Zemuria.

No wonder that Osbourne fag hates the place.

I haven't played Zwei 2 but the other two definitely are.

So far, the problems of each country we've been to can be traced to Ourobouros and Osborne. O's are bad.

Also, now that I think about it, is Estelle the only character who's orbment has no affinity?

Osbourne hasn't done anything wrong yet.

Wasn't he implied to have fucked with Liberl? Didn't Vita say she helped him with that?

You mean aside from trying to take over Liberl during the OSP? And Crossbell? And Jurai? And Scarlet's home? Now he's trying to take over Ouroboros' Phantasmal Blaze Plan. Not stop, take it over.

In the next game Osbourne will be scheming to hack the Calvard Republic's presidential elections.

No seriously the guy is gearing up to start a world war.

I just hope that in addition to all the scheming, he tries to be a good father for Rean, too. Calls him on his ARCUS to see how he's doing, make sure he eats properly, judges his girlfriend if she's not a well-bred Ironblood.

Warrace Baldias
Auleria Re Guinn.

Do you think they'll bring resurrection into the series like CS II's foreshadowing? I really worry it'll cheapen the few deaths the series has had.

Crossbell attacked first, which is also the case with the Liberl Ark. Total orbal shutdown is no laughing matter.

My guess is that there will probably be a big caveat involving that. Though I suppose it could have something to do with Erebonia's Sept-Terrion.

You mean the shutdown he was completely prepared for with an army of Steam tanks? It ain't quite that simple. Keep in mind Oliver was expecting him to pull some shit through the entirety of Sky and was working to prevent it.

Not to mention Hamel ten years before.

I bet they're bringing Crow back.

The big question with that is who was leaking him the info from Ouroboros. Vita?

Erebonia has two, one of which is pretty definitely Fire and the other which I suspect is Time. The latter being the system that runs the Divine Knights.

If bet money on Weissman.

Sept-terrions have elements? What was the Aureole's? I thought the Vermillion Tower was the Sept-Terrion.

I think she outright says this.

>Vermilion Tower was the Sept-Terrion.

Nah. It was just an evil sealed away thing tied to that evil dead dragon you fought in CS1 who's blood ocrrupted a Divine Knight.

Aureole is Space, Demiurgos is Mirage.

Doesn't he have control over one of the "13 factories"?

So, Cold Steel III is gonna have more than one Sept-Terrion right?

That F. Novartis, the 6th Anguis. The factories develop Archaisms.

That's one of the things they make…

Oh right, he might actually because they made Millium and Altina right? Do you think they could've made or at least just shoved DL into Rean too?

They also made gospels and, apparently, people enhancing tech too. I think many of the enforcers talk about being "improved" by the 13 factories.

I know the Enforcers are each gifted something. McBurn and Loewe's Swords, Bleublanc and Weissman's Staffs, and hell, they probably even made McBurn. I think he's literally a fire that they gave a body through DL.It wouldn't surprise me if Walter was cybernetically enhanced, but that makes Zane even more impressive.

Is it odd that I want to see Ys VIII and Coldsteel III on Switch?

Yes. Why on Earth would you want that? Scroll the thread and see why some of us are happy it's PS4 exclusive.

yeah… maybe not Cold Steel III, but Ys would be a good fit.

Happy New Years, fellow Falcom-lovers.

Happy New Year

Happy New Year. To more great games, and great and timely localizations.

Console exclusive, right? They are going to port it to pc…

Sure, buddy.

Hey it only took like 7 years and a sequel plan for Red Dead to make the jump. Maybe you'll get lucky.

falcom.com/info/falcomsecret/toridoshi/20170101.html

Make the jump to what? PC? There hasnt been confirmation of RDRedemption 2 coming to PC. Red Dead Redemption also isn't on PC except through PS Now which doesnt count. Unless I missed some news

He's using PS Now to count for both.

Cute I suppose. I wonder if they'll be in game. Alisa's looks like her Unspeakable.

you can play it on PC with sony's streaming service

That doesnt mean anything since you need a PS4 to accomplis that.

Can PS4 play PS3 titles via Now?

Been playing Xanadu Next and I really am enjoying it, especially that music. Are the ys games similar?

Yes. There was a free trial and it was pretty decent. The only problem I had was the audio would occasionally distort when the quality changed with the stream.

Music? Yes.
Gameplay? Ehh… the Origins/Felghana/Napishtim games are probably the closest, but I can't say the gameplay is that similar.

Sorry for being vague, I meant similar in quality

For overall quality? I haven't played through all of Xanadu NEXT yet, but from what I have played, my current opinion is Ys being better quality in general.

Oh my, guess I'm in for a treat. Thanks.

Ys is generally faster, and feels more action oriented. It's still an action RPG, but Xanadu Next is a bit slower and more deliberate. They're all pretty amazing though.

Last post, let's make an updated OP for the new year.

Someone put it together, then. I will definitely use it, if no one else makes the thread.

Every YS is on PC
What makes you think this one won't make the cut?

Still at what?

Yunica is so cute.

POST ALL RELEVANT FALCOM IMFO AND I'LL COMPILE IT.

I only know Trails.

This is my problem as well.

Play Ys you fucks.

That's all I know.

Ys VIII release on PS4 in May in Japan, Falcom said the English translation is planned to release this year.

Ys 8 also coming May 2017 on PS4

Kondo hopes to release it overseas in the same year.

twitter.com/endlesshistory/status/811338651032547328

OP said we needed a new YS guide. Do we? If so, does anyone have it?

Just started my own free trial of PS Now, starting with Trails of Cold Steel. Definitely getting the hang of this better than I did Trails in the Sky. Wish I had Emma available to me.

Short and curvy glasses girl isn't available to you until a short while into the story

The combat is a bit more restrictive and customization a lot more streamlined than Sky.

Though once you get proper Master Quartz as well as other quartz and equipment and set it up correctly later in the game you can do some stupid shit, like setting up a character to have 100% evade.

Meant to say *less restrictive.

I think I heard about that once. Fie, right?

Yep. But she's quite useless as an evasion tank until CS2, since her counter range in CS1 is as short as Rean's.

In CS2 this was upgraded so she could use her guns.

Then you can put a wrath quartz on her so her counters always crit. It's not even fair. I may prefer Laura and Sara, but I like Fie a whole lot too.

My final team in CS2 was Rean, Sara, Fie and Emma.

Emma is just too good at magic shit. I gave her Aries MQ, and usually her first move (especially during Overdrive) was to cast an offensive Lost Art. Sara played the roll of the "big guy", like what Laura would have done. Except I also equipped her with some evasion stuff so she had a high chance of evading and countering as well. I also gave her a support Lost Art since she never used her EP for anything. Rean was just raw speed and damage.

Beware the evasion tank.

Unless anyone has anymore relevant info, OP is done, will post later.

New thread