Age of Wushu Thread - New Server Edition

As titled, this is the Age of Wushu thread.

A new server was released three days ago, and as of yet, there is no pay-to-win. There are no cash shop sets, and rumored to be no SVIP on this server. People here are dumb, but the cancer is minimal, and the population is small enough that we could become a pretty dominant force on the server with 10 or so people.

Additionally, even if cash shop sets were to be released, it wouldn't matter, as school fifth sets and subsects are available right now (in t1).

New world is also closed. No more martial arts gift card dailies, for better or worse.

There is currently no guild, but one can be made if we should get enough people.

Currently, guild politics are somewhat boring, with three main players on the server: Empire, Ramen (ratmen), and Grimoire. Grimoire and Ramen are loosely allied, at war with Empire. They're all led by idiots.

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/199/20161227/Age_of_Wushu_Giftpack_Giveaway-58622caa9e7acfb13-1.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

They added some new face presets, some of which have like little tattoos and shit, make sure to scroll down the facelist and to go through all the beard settings, since the beards are where they hid the scars, tattoos and other shit.

What is this? How can they make this a sustainable business? Why would we trust Snail of all people to not flood the server with OP cash shop sets later on? Is SVIP some new super-VIP that's different from Jianghu VIP or is that what you meant? Are there any Trabbumakers lurking? I miss you guys.

I might consider playing again but only if we have a guild of active anons. The game is honestly pretty shit and I only put up with it because of you guys.

Who Lodesadings here?
There's no way I'm sinking time into this gookfest again.

Thumbnail looks like brendan frasier

They HAVE cash shop, its just the server doesnt have any cash shop SETS. The cosmetics and shit still exists.

Kackem reporting.

I'm kinda drunk right now but I just wanted you to know I love you guys

right now we have about 5 people playing, with more supposedly interested in joining.
I'm in empire right now and it's not so bad, people aren't as intolerable as I thought at a glance, and there's lots of people to do things with.

Like I said, even if cash shop sets were released, it just wouldn't matter. Many of the subsect sets and school fifth sets are much better.

SVIP is super vip, yes. Supposedly there will be no top up bonuses, so no yytb/9pal (maybe, we'll see).

When will lolimode be available and will I be able to switch if I start now?

it's available now, but only ever temporary i think

What the fuck do you mean "temporary"

it's a 2 hour buff from a repeatable quest, i think?

tob geg
Why is there a quest that turns you into a loli?

Age of wuhsu in a nutshell.

So if I want to play this, you guys would expect me to hit level cap, right? How long would that take you think? I have never played an MMO for long, what is this the most similar to? Wow?

Sometimes I loved this game. Mostly it was a terrible grind with an interesting combat system utterly ruined by toaster servers, but every once in a while it charms you like a retarded child.

it depends on the tier.
we're in t1 right now, so the level cap is low. Should take about a week, and leveling is automatic (the skill you're cultivating gains exp over time, it's like eve).

Ok, Does it have standard wow style skillbar combat?

No, its pretty different.
Its more like a fighting game where you have attacks, blocking and block breakers. There are a bunch of skill sets you can get you can switch to in the middle of combat (cooldown to use skills from different sets).

You have a skillbar and you tab target, but very much no.
Every "set" consists of a block buff that modifies how you block, for example doing a counterattack, healing when you successfully block or debuffing an enemy and stunning them if they hit your block too many times, a feint which breaks blocks, a rage super move and the rest are either self buffs or "overt" moves which are your regular attacks. Feints are interrupted by overts and there are special omves called "charge" attacks that interrupt your foe during the animation, plus there are a lot of movement and knockdown/knockup moves so combos are very important to gameplay. You build up rage for your super by hitting foes or being hit, but you gain tons of it by blocking your foe, so if they hit your block you can punish hard.

The cooldown is about 9 seconds so you have to go on the defensive for a while to swap, but it can be useful to mix things up.

Oh also your sets are mostly determined by your school, so its sort of like your "class" but there are also schoolless sets from things like dungeons or factions and spying can give you the opportunity to learn sets from other schools.

Reminder that I'm not coming back unless my niggas are in too, and the odds of that happening are nigh impossible.

That sounds pretty cool. Should I just get it and jump right in? What server and school should I be/are we using?

You can switch schools with only moderate trouble.
You should just keep in mind that emei and the flowery lesbians are female exclusive, and shaolin and the crazy eunuch vampires are male exclusive.

Server is white tiger2. There is "schoolless" called vagrants who you usually take to either go into a school later (vagrants get their own inners and sets, by the way inners are like a skill you level up that has your passive abilities and your base stats) or to join a faction, then there are factions, which are grind eternal and you generally enter from vagrants or from an existing school, then there are schools which have the most content then there are SUBSECTS which are like mini-schools within schools, but you can also join them from vagrant instead of the associated school.

Anyway either you should be a vagrant or one of the "normal" schools to start with, which are
Wanderers Valley, edgy mcedgelords with poisons and silences and an AMAZING pve set that lets them tank/dps/solo content.
Scholars which are bullshit nerds with OP kicks and swordspins and bullshit
Wudangs who can swap their hp and mana % around and have tons of mana regen so you CANT FUCKING KILL THEM and have a million sword beams
Tangmen who are ranged fuckers who can also crit you to death with a knife and learn dynamite throwing because thats a kung fu apparently
Emei which are sort of tankish supportish nuns sort of. Their inners are pretty crazy tanky but if you get a good dps set on them they become annoying as fuck because suddenly they have the best of all worlds. Also they can give your whole party 95% damage reduction FUCK YOU EMEI
Shaolin are the homo dunkmasters who specialize in wrasslin and beating your shit in with a stick. Amazing 10/10 crowd control both single target and AOE
Beggars Sect are drunken hobos. They spit wine on people to make them drunk and fight like rock lee from naruto so we all know you have shit taste in anime if you pick them, but great taste in schools

Beyond that every dungeon has 1-2 sets that drop from it, theres some retarded rare sets you will never ever get from world bosses etc, theres 5 factions each with a set, 6 subsects (2 more coming) with 2 sets each blah fucking blah.

The game has a truly amazing core and is in my opinion the best MMO ever made. Its plagued by p2w elements, terrible translation, strange half-finished content and a laggy server. Also the economy is 100% player shit, tradeable currency does NOT drop from enemies/quests etc so you better either start sellin rare drops or take up a profession. On the plus side you can challenge people to profession duels in a puzzle minigame.

Sounds like a refreshing change from the standard MMO drivel, now I just need to download it. I hope the person who decided you need to download it in separate pieces had a good reason, because fuck.

So to be clear, there is still regular VIP and its required for the secret sects?

unsure about that, but yes there's vip

You're gonna have to elaborate on this. OP said there was no guild yet, do we have one?

I am the op.
There is no guild yet, we have players spread out across multiple guilds.

Just downloaded the game, any of you guys on now?

How's the character creator? Can I make him ugly as hell or is it based on several presets?

Take a closer look at the OP.

I wrote the op. what am I looking for?

I meant this guy but I'm too retarded to click good.

Simply amazing. I'll download this immediately

Ok, so I beat the tutorial I think. Now what should I do? This game is pretty jank and confusing, but I like it.

I've always been here, though.

As far as i know, VIP is only necessary for three factions; with subsects out and reverse meridians being hot shit, those three factions are pretty fukkin empty.

tell me your ign, I'll pm you

I'm talking about Toirn and Ceann.

was directed at:

we qt grills now
also this is Nevistus, if anyone wondered

what should the guild be called?
I give a vote to: UltraPeace
The name implies extreme neutrality, so we'd be one-upping all of the carebear neutral guilds, but it'd be tongue-in-cheek because we'd just go around bullying people like always

Peace-enforcers. I like it.

Isn't that exactly what the viets did when they made a guild called Guardians?

what was your IGN? i was going to pm you

ROCKET PEACE.

it's some random who stole our guild name, I don't even know
we've been pking them

That's hilarious. Do we have a discord or teamspeak?

Number one woodcutter and a japanese name; i don't entirely disapprove.

I mean, he's obviously a viet since he's copying a guild name from a previous server, but still.

Sorry, I just got up from bed, I live in Europe you see. My IGN is Tycho, but I don't know when I will be on, I have somethings to do in the morning. I'll post when I get back and if you are still on, we can get to it.

where can i download the whole thing and not piece by piece

Ayy, dream on bucko.

use jdownloader2

Fact: like maybe a year ago, they downgraded the blenderdeath Black Mambas to the almost laughably-manageable Black Snakes. I mean, they may still kill you in first internal, but they aren't the sure-kill murder-pythons they once were.

God, I remember that. It was terrible. I thought they seemed a tad weak. Regardless, I don't seem to be doing any visible damage to them, while my 1st internal health still ticks away.

Interested user reporting in. Will download and find the rest of you faggots once I get home from this christmas hell.

Bijis and many others confirmed to be returning, think it's safe to reform the guild now.

Post any and all name suggestions here.

Still nominating ULTRAPEACE

Well poetic justice would have us steal a viet guild name.

Other than that MadeInChina or FreeTibet would be pretty amusing.

I'm gonna toss SafeSpace into the hat

If we're going to put peace in the name I'm nominating RocketPeace. We used to be OuterHeaven, after all.

HoChiMinMax
NankingTwo (as in the rape of nanking)
FriedDog or some variation on eating dogs

I feel like the first two would get changed by gms or something

HoChiMinMax wouldnt, but FreeTibet or NankingTwo would probably get us in trouble.

Maybe we could do GreatWall as a trump pun

I like that one, actually

depending on space it might work better as ItsAGreatWall, to really hammer it home

MakeJianghuGreatAgain?

Eh I aint digging it personally. Though of those, plain ol' GreatWall is the one i like the most.

Actually on the subject of Trump Puns, what about "WayOfTheDeal"?

I dig it cause it's also a Daoism pun. (Dao can mean Way)

Killing is bad and wrong, so we need a new, stronger guild name for it, like Wrongbad, or Badong.

You know the rules, stream where?

Saved this two fucking years ago; good to see i can still use it.

I'm in the process of downloading it, but I'd have to start from the bottom and probably wont have much skill until I get a handle on the game.

yeah, that one's bretty gud

the server just started, so you're not really behind

whoooooa, nigga
Which character is that? An old Blue Dragon character from beta? One you used with 8ch last year or so?

I hope it's a better time than the more recent playing of Planetside 2 since it's only gotten worse the more we've played.

Youll either love it or hate it. There are so many wonderful things about this game, but so many godawful parts too.

I've got over a thousand hours across the Souls series, so I'm used to a lot of godawful parts in a "good" game.

How many bros do we have from the old Lodes days? Anyone? I'm not sure if I'm gonna play again, I don't have enough time to get swole with a full-time job.
;-;7

I'm Kaqem, im still here.

What about DidntYouEat? The NPCs spam that all the time and ive wanted a guild name about it for ages.

Huj, you are not forgotten.

Or you, Baigon, but you didn't make infographs.

Rest in rip sweet prince ;_;

got a little jesus in me

These graphs dont have wulin books from heroes, which can be traded in for pills at the dude in suzhou.

Anyone know if Chengfeng subsect is open?

Whats the emei subsect?

Divine Water Palace. Females only i believe.

Yes, i believe its the beggar one with the spears.

ManlyMuscles reporting in,
Guild name should be Hongweibing with the leader called MaoZedong

I KNOW RIGHT?
However Van_Darkhome made GreatWall without a vote or anything so thats what weve got for now.

So long as we don't get a territory we can change it whenever so its not a big deal.

Does anyone have a concrete plan for their character yet? We should coordinate so that we can diversify our characters. I'm probably going to roll female and get into divine water palace for that dank reverse merridian.

Well im a WV, we have several scholars. Fifth sets are available btw, even in inner 1. 4th sets are still locked till usual time.

Nulia reporting in as Beggar. Plan on going Chengfeng.

Emei, maybe POMF.

I'm interested, downloading.
Can someone who never played before get into easily? I ask because with things like the wurm and minetest threads my autism reserves are low on supply

no, this game is very high-maintenence, and the mechanics are esoteric.
It isn't quite as bad without new world, but you still need to be somewhat smart, and you need to have a mentor. We can help you along, there's no good info about this game online.

Is there a server like this without cashshop bullshit on WUlin?

i'm a liberal atheist who hates christianism, does that count as smart?

wulin only has one server, so no

Progression to "reasonably useful" is actually really fast, just don't expect to compete with mountains in PVP out of the gate
If you adhere to a schedule of just 20-30 minutes on the game on days you're not really playing, you can still keep up with spree players and off-and-on guys in leveling speed.

I had some old screenshots from the formation of notrabbu that took place in manbearcave but lost them in a hard drive format. Probably floating around somewhere on a /vg/ archive.

If anyone remembers Wuzir I'm mentally ill and coming back.

would you believe nobodys mentioned that until now

not that im gonna bother adding to it

I only remember a few of those names. It still brings back memories ;_;

oh fuck I haven't heard that name in so long
I remember going there for team team practice, and everyone running up the pillars to sit in the rafters, and one rando coming in and actually attacking someone like a dumbass when half of our guild was in there.
Good times.

How the fuck do I get to penglai island?

South end of Yanyu Villa; they added a port in the recent update. You may need to do the quest on the second floor of the Suzhou tavern, first. Hope you like cutscenes.

Jesus save me, because I'm actually considering playing this grindfest chinagame again. It's Kirbachev. Sorry.

What is the "new world", exactly? When did it launch, after 2013?

The new world is endless green texture, sheep herding, half-baked survival mechanics, occasional crazy niggers you need to stunlock to death for 20 minutes, eternal grinding.

Survival mechanics? Is this something that you have to deal with constantly or some other part of the game that you can't ignore because the rewards are too good?

Launched about April 2015, along with Golden Panda. Two sets of four huge maps with survival mechanics that don't kill you, resources that you can't use IN the new world, semi-random NPC camps you have to stumble ass-backwards across in order to progress, and a grand total of twelve sets that range from piss-easy to get and alarmingly effective (prodigy sword) to slow, frustrating, and mostly worthless (the majority of sets), to literally 'here's a world boss kill it for MAYBE one frag' (blood sea demon blade). I got to max points in both of them, though; I'm the double King of Adventure. AMA.

There's like three good sets you can get from the New World and you don't have to deal with the mechanics outside of it.

Are you a masochist?

No, just very stupid, stubborn, and completionist. All my gaming life is punching rocks (punching rocks).

I opened the game a few weeks ago and you could still get the old login screen then, but since then apparently they've released an update so that both the old-style login screen and the new "watercolor" one use a new music, and the older style doesn't have the same background that it used.to.
RIP ;-;

I think I broke it.
I answered the questions to skip the intro, but it dropped me into jiming posthouse without any of the skills you usually get. (no flying skills, only two shallow kung fu skills, I don't have the Lucky internal I thought you could get from the story I picked) I picked Shaolin and now I need the block from shallow kung fu to do the shaolin tutorial. gr8 game china

A. i'd figure you would need the SHAOLIN block for the tutorial, B. you can buy all the tutorial skills from the martial arts clubs in the hometowns, and C. why would you ever skip tutorials, you power-gaming faggot?

checked all of your bags/boxes?
i think you can get it from the arena martial arts guy

check your inventory for a bag. it should give you all the skills.

Regardless, you can buy any of the shallow kung fu skills from the martial arts sifu at any city.

found it, i'm a retard

who disturbs my slumber???

I miss you goys

t. warren buffet

RedZaku, please come back.

I miss zaku too, but I don't think he's going to want to play with his ping
at any rate, I can write any sort of script for carting/gathering/etc

write a RE watch script already

benis

I barely remember you, but sure, i miss you, too. Saw you a lot on Shaolin spying missions.

But more importantly, Pain McTushy.

Someone invite me. IGN's Ophelia.

just pm me when you're high enough

forum.mmosite.com/thread/2/199/20161227/Age_of_Wushu_Giftpack_Giveaway-58622caa9e7acfb13-1.html

QUID'S IN LADS

Level cap doesn't exist, user.

It doesn't… fucking exist. Just pretend it isn't there.

why am i playing this again

nippon banzai i guess

If you're lost and confused, add BiJiS, Tiamat, OperativeOrange, Ophelia.

We're on and running salt gangs.

tfw kidnapping against school rules

movie night suggestion

lodes / NoTrabbu best guild

I feel like this is fitting

OK, so, if you bid on an idle base, you get it for free. If at all possible, i highly suggest you cart your brains out and rake together enough linglongs to bid on and obtain a base; it'll be free horses and jade powders. Just don't fuck it up like Muha did that one time.

bump

Thanks user. I only started today, so I have no idea what most of the stuff you get does, but the inventory expansion at the very least is amazing

Sent those dirty ricerats back to their nest today, and the guild has grown to 13 (9 online atm).
Pm me ingame if you want an invite (my character's name is Shino). You need to be first understanding or something to get invited, so level your inner.

I dunno if the big items bags are the standard 10 or the luxury 18; if 18, i'd suggest saving one and swapping out with the common expansion items. I had one of each from my tutorial and swapping them in and out has let me organize my inventory for more items than i could normally hold time and again. As for the rest:

- Xuan Spirit Pill*10 = Chi pills.
- Heart-Fortifying Capsule*20 = HP recovery pills.
- Star Blossom Root Pill*20 = Energy recovery pills.
- Storm the enemy's den*10 = Probably masks; let you kill people without taking infamy or dicipline
- Medium Ruyi Pill*10 = Life skill exp boost.
- Moon Internal Skill Pill*5 = Cultivation speed boost.
- Large Heaven Undertaking Pill*5 = EXP conversion boost.
- Wuji Challenge Token*10 = Exploring Jianghu item; it'll be a long time before you can use these, but hold on to them, trust me.
- Nine Turnings Hell Contacting Pill*5 = Lets you revive in instances; can be bought for 100l bound, so not THAT impressive.
- Travelling Token*5 = Clears teleport cooldown.
- Horse Whistle "Dayuan Horse" (7 Days)*1 = H O R S E
- Show The Tail But Hide The Head (1)*5 = OK, THESE are masks. Not sure what storm the den is, then. If you gimme a screenshot, i'll totes know what it is, maybe.

If I roll Tangmen how long will it be before I can join the dance party

you can get up to a good level within a day

Actually there was one thing I wanted to ask you seriously. What server do you play on? Did you get all of that playing from release or did you rise to number one in a year after playing with 8ch last year?

Played on Silver Viper since November 2014, jumped to GP in April when that server launched, currently on BD after the merger. I got all the roaming points while on GP, but i also did a lot of other shit. I bet if i went full throttle, i could have gotten max roaming points in three-ish months. Mathematically speaking, you can max roaming points in sixty days.

As for the number one thing, that was from me grinding life skills on GP daily. For like three days, i was the only T9 in all those areas; i think there was a herbalist and chef who hit T9 there before i hit T9 Craftsman, though. I also went poison maker as my second craft and was the only t10 pmaker for like six weeks, despite it being my second craft.

Not that anyone would remember that or notice it but me. If you aren't murdering people and talking shit, nobody gives you a second thought. And that's why my Homestuck element is void :^)

I made a character 12 hours ago and I'm fighting max levels now.

>hamsteak
>kill u'reself

VICTORY

A thought occurs: Storm the enemy's den might be items that give you five intel for spying. Very useful on a new server that doesn't have many offline scouts.

CODE RED
CODE RED
ALL HOOVES ON DECK

This is a game where you can convert real money into fake money, and use that fake money to buy ancient frags from other players, to say nothing of crafting/upgrade mats. The only way for the new server to NOT be pay2win is they don't have any top-up bonuses, and i sincerely doubt Snail WON'T have those.

that's what siko0o said. No top-up bonuses, except lores.

Now, i'm not gonna SAY there'll be a $500 9pal event in two months, but it wouldn't surprise me any if there was. Just like how the merger and the new server didn't surprise me, although the way the merger was handled did.

alright, pretty much confirmed for no top up bonuses on this new server
there's a perks of silver trade going on right now, and it explicitly says BLUE DRAGON ONLY

Which server? Hasn't every new server been merged into Blue Dragon eventually?

And what are top-up bonuses, anyway? I remember seeing incessant ads for them but I always thought they were some kind of discounton buying silver or a buy-one-get-one. Are they direct bonuses in-game or in-game items?

How do I get reputation again?

running factions and instances is the big way of getting rep

And you may notice, below the BD top-ups, there's WT2 top-ups. The lotuses are flat cult, and the pearls are for buying levels of the fifth set; so, they're already dumping item-advantages into the new server. The merger was a matter of course, the new server was, and so is pay2win. Water doesn't flow uphill.

The old ones were, yeah; they just launched this new one a bit over a week ago.

Topping up is pumping money into the game; for about half of every week, there's an "event" where if you buy enough game-money with real money, you get extra game-money and also additional rewards.

The best way to get jianghu rep is to A-rank Exploring Jianghu factions; it'll be a while before you can get to the good ones, though.

Possessions are another good way; from 1530-1630 and 2130-2230, if you go wulin book hunting, an NPC with Heartless Seven Skills shows up instead of school heroes. If you can beat him, he may drop a Demon Banishing Order, which will give you an easy possession (double damage dealt, half damage taken); i'll eschew the details of a possession, but i'll say the tab has a 24-hour expiration timer on it, so if you fill your item bag and you're in a party with team allocation on, you can roll on the tab and it'll be sent to your mail, where it'll keep indefinitely. If you're really feeling saucy, you can stock a bunch in advance.

Outside of that, yeah, rep from normal factions will stack up if you do enough; i never cared all that much about it, though.

Like I said, I just logged in a few weeks ago and I swear the old-style login screen still used the camera at the surface of a pond or a river, with this music. Was the new camera (up in the air, I think in Emei) added and the classic login screen moved to the new music within the past few weeks? It just seems strange that they'd leave the old login screen untouched when they released the "watercolor" login and let you choose between them, then suddenly change the old one when they're already telling people to use the watercolor login.

Log in screen looks the same to me, but i use the old style. They changed the music when they added the two log-in screens, though. If you got the old screen and music before, i assume the launcher went with the old style because you didn't restart the launcher after it finished updating. Just a guess, though.

Is there a list somewhere of dailies/activities you should be doing everyday? Off the top of my head I know there's:

is there anything else? I don't know the specific day to day stuff very well either, like when should someone plan to be around for kidnappings or whatever? Is there a weekly infographic floating around?

Maybe it is. There was a really cool shot of basically that scene there but at the surface of the water in the chasm. Also the old music was better, prove me wrong

So how do I kung fu exactly?

It's like getting good at a fighting game, only bullshit.

Way back in the day we used to have fight clubs for the newcomers but there isn't a lot of fresh blood these days.

So I need to find a good attack and spam it to harness salt?

You need to find a set with some bullshit charge moves and have a low ping. As far as I can tell you just win at that point.

wew uninstalling

Did they ever fix their horrendous toaster servers? Being a yuro was suffering back in the day.

No, playing from the east coast I get about 150ms which is just enough to be a bit annoying. Euros get fucked and can't combo at all. Most of the ones we had with us back in notrabbu/lodes jumped ship to Wulin for the ping, and really I can't blame them.

Well fuck, guess I'm not going to give in to the chinagame after all.
How's Wulin anyway?

Gpotato is a far better publisher than Snail, amazingly. So probably pretty good if you're from the old world.

Not worth playing as an American imo. I tried one time and while I was actually getting better ping the Euros get like 10 or 15 and I can never get a move off.

The N button is the Jianghu Wanderer; it should have most of the shit you can do in there, somewhere. About the only thing i can think of that isn't in there is Shen herbs and the weekdays shen event.

Press buttons to make punchy. Taking shallow as an example, White is the feint so use it n parries; Fierce is just a filler attack so use it whenever; Dancing is a charge so use it when you want to stop someone for a split second (unless they got yellow/red armor); Tiger is just damage and is TECHNCIALLY good whenever but it has a combo with Dancing, so use it after you dancing someone; Red is damage and a buff so try to use it all the time; Step is the rage which is really just a damage cutscene so try to use it when the opponent isnt blocking; Embrace is the parry buff so use it once and it'll stay there until you use another or a counter move (special sets only). Outside of specific move-types, it's all about timing and bullshit sets.

MuhammedPBUH is still on Wulin, as far as i know. He should be Spaghetti, unless some shit went down.

I think Wushu would have been a far better game if they had stuck to the design principles of the original sets. A set like Leisure Kick has really good damage and some pretty high priority charge moves but a shitty feint, a difficult knock back, and a comically bad spam move. It's also fairly predictable, so in short it just has a fair assortment of strengths and weaknesses. The more modern sets have it all, control, damage, ridiculously long charge moves that combo perfectly into ability lockdown bullshit, rage moves with red super armor. Not really fun to play against.

I wonder if the playerbase is smaller. Do they lag behind in updates since the publishers are different or no?

Agreed tbqh. All of the most interesting sets are early game or weird hidden shit.

I suppose if they want to have a progression curve it makes sense to have the higher tier stuff be better but it makes the game less interesting. I think the ideal game would let people become autistic masters of the base sets as well. It was a huge disappointment to me that you could level those up to absurd heights but they never got anymore mechanically powerful, the numbers just scaled up (with rare exception.)

It wouldn't surprise me if Wulin is bigger than Wushu at this point. I think they were a bit behind in updates but I can't imagine it matters now.

KURISMASU EVENTS:

Kill Nian:
Grab this from the event npc chilling in towns, use the firework, then kill the enemy. Gives cult and fireworks

Jesus Trees:
Go to the Mysterious Merchant in Chengdu or Suzhou, get the seeds, grow them. Trade the stuff you get for boxes that have 100% cult speed pills or other things

Ring the Bell:
Go to the arena pill guy in Chengdu, look for the bell striking ambassador npcs. Get the bell tickets, walk up to the bell, and use it. Bell has a 1/1000 chance to give you like 250000 cult into your skill. You also get a 200% cult pill.

There's also a boar killing event for a stat buff item, and a 300% cult bonus from like 21:00 to 22:00 (not exactly sure on the time) that lasts for 3 hours

that cult bonus was from a month ago for posterity

Is there a schedule for when tiers are going to be released?

Nope. Rumor is T2 next week.

Thanks to a feature in the game that nobody cares about, i can give you an approximate timeline of events on GP.

May 20: GP launched
June 3: second inners
~June 30: third inner (can't guarantee the exact date due to circumstances, likely slightly sooner)
???: Fourth sets (likely late june)
September 12: fourth inner
???: C6 equipment (even if i got any when it came out, i have no way to know)
December 29: fifth inner
???: subsects (doesn't matter, they're open now)
???: sixth inner (they came out to all the servers after the servers were up to date, so i got no idea when they'll be unlocked on WT2)

Has anyone referred to the server as Electric Boogaloo yet?

chat is from school war, image is from slightly afterwards

also the "she" being referenced is Tiamat

I was too involved in the ass kicking to take screens then, but here's one of my infamy after the fights

jesus christ how horrifying

ive seen worse

low test males wont appreciate this

had a few very good group fights today.
The images, in order:

I posted the same image twice

this is the real first image:

Also, for anyone who hasn't joined yet,
WE NEED SHAOLIN

some penglai island stuff:
follow the quests in the eastern seas journal under my jianghu, that's how you get titles. if you don't have the right titles you can't do shit

smashing random objects in town is how you get treasure map fragments

mining patches are unmarked and the minerals you get from them are how you make treasure keys

not sure what treasure maps and keys are good for yet

there's a million identities and each time you complete part of one you get details on what else you need to do to get the identity and what the rewards are. click on the box that says stalwart guardian here for the details

all of the plants are aimed at the body size stuff that affects your fifth set. should probably rush those, 45% energy reduction would be really nice this early on.

Treasure maps just lead you to places, keys are for chests that i haven't found in my maybe three uses of maps. You may also spawn YYTB pirates on the beach; they also lurk in the four faction locations. I'm told all the costumes, like ninja and samurai suits, are on Wuji island. There's also three special skills on Wuji, tied to higher identities; the fourth random skill is in the hero islands, gotten for visiting various islands.

I'm told at least one set is gotten on penglai at 1500 and/or 2000, but i haven't gone in to learn any details, yet.

i found a gold chest with a map, had a box of five aggregates and a +40% cult rate pill. got absolutely murdered by some npc guards using prodigy swordsmanship on my way.

It's a blessing and a curse to play pl BD because on one hand i get to see shit like this but on the other i know i'll never stand shoulder-to-shoulder with this nigga.

Okay, if I'm gonna do this, I need the cheesieast build possible that can be effective without much item grind since I dont have a lot of time for MMOs.

What should I go for?

Never forget

I feel your pain, brother.

Also, who are you? And do you only play on BD?

It's not that kind of MMO but I guess go RG and get their fifth set as soon as you can, it seems pretty cheesy.

I've checked in on that event: there's a different one for each faction, you need a different basic title for each faction, and once it's complete, it's over. Remember to grab the quest form the headmaster, or you won't get any reward but eastern experience.

Being that WT2 has just started, i'd argue nearly anything; every school has SOMETHING that can fuck people up with the right timing. The real low effort/high cost route is cash sets, though; if you wanna blow some dosh on jade frags, you too can become a Shura Shitter. Hell, go Wanderer's Valley, and you can get two more twin blade sets AND Perish Blade (twin daggers), which is hands-down the best PVE set.

Brobdingangian, the man made of stone, the shunner of PVP, the puncher of rocks, the one immaculate of pay2win, the last and greatest autist of NoHomo. I did make a guy on WT2, but since i barely play on him i haven't made myself widely known.

did you ever get decent internet

yeah funny story turns out i needed a NEW router and not a REFURBISHED router

i mean youd think theyd send a NEW one out the first time but hey

depends on your ping, but for 1v1s, probably mt hua sect would be the best bet

brob figure out penglai for me

Get experience, get identities, combine the two; i'm not sure what else there is to get. I could help with certain quests, maybe, but i may not have done certain ones, yet; i still gotta go back to figure out the Clarion Cliff mirror bullshit. Maybe go to the hero islands to get the island voyager identity, and the mediocre skill it gives.

I've mostly done Wuji, though. Take the ronin suit off when talking to the villagers and start with the village chief to get some basic japanese in you; this'll let you talk to the japs and get quests from them. Hover over the names to find who to grind from, and start grinding. As you get more points, other people will give you other quests. Senior ninja here gives you a skill to make you invisible for four seconds, as long as you aren't attacking or being attacked. There's two more, i assume behind the equally-difficult samurai and swordmaster titles.

so the only purpose of experience is to sink it into identities?

You could turn them in for body change herbs and i think some other shit at the three pagodas in the middle-ish of Penglai, but it's VIP only so i keep forgetting about it.

Horrifying to see this game still going.

Signed: YuWanSumDong

We love you too, you glorious faggot if that's really you.

I remember all of you.

StickyDongs, Kaqem, Song Smiles, Thillygooth, Wupang, Weixiao, Mr. Nerdrage, Mushface, Huon Li, Gozen, Aramarys, Xidao Khan, Dr. Zeal, and mother fucking Zhao Yun.

I was his personal fucking bard, recording Zhao Yun's Scholar exploits across the land. Every time he defeated and announced to the mumble at large that he won a 1 v 1 fight with scholar kicks, I was there to make sure that everyone remembered the monumental feat of a Scholar winning a 1 v 1. I, his humble beggar bard.

Together we traveled the land, until I gave control of the guild to Thunderchink and Joe Pesci as a joke and he left out of fear.

It was the best day of my life.

Good luck guys. I won't be joining you. Let the Lemon Trees be forever crisp and zesty. Let the BR's and Viet-dogs cower in their opulent palaces. The spirit of Jianghu lives within you.

where 2 download this game

you left out my name
That's okay, I never did anything of note. I miss the old days.

There were a bunch of names I left out. Leffe, Stinkfist, OhVenus, etc.

My children are many.

It might comfort you to know that none of those people still play. Our last true reunion was Swordsman.

May the Jianghu gang reunite one day, hopefully in a good game this time.

Don't remind me. The thread popped up, I tried to clear space on my hard drive just to see everyone again, and the whole thing collapsed within three days.

The collapse of Swordsman was sort of strange.

We came in and the Goon's got pissed that we were throwing around the word nigger. There were a schism, and most of us left as a result.

I'm sorry I roped anyone into that terrible game.

I'll have you know I still hang out with Gozen, Thillygooth, Elem, and Wupang on mumble.

What is the Vietnamese presence on this new server?

That was part of it, but Swordsman was also just straight up bad with none of the charm and adventure that made wushu worth it.

It's good to know the gang still exists, in some form or another.

Mumble? Isn't that the one that's hosted by a completely different group that Thilly was a part of before Wushu?

Nah, the Mumble was mine originally. I've since moved to Discord, but get on Mumble to talk to them.

i miss you lads

tell gozen that animeisreal says hi

We were just talking about you.

i didn't think anyone would remember me

hello goon-spy piggu, are you boys gonna play on this server?

gtc's dead as shit, last i heard grithok wanted nothing to do with anyone from wushu and was trying to leverage his experience in memetics into a job at a NGO and feedz was trying to p2w in archeage

a shameful death

Grithok was a wet blanket last time we were hanging with him. Like I said, one of our members said something non-PC. At this point I was still under the illusion that Goons were essentially btards that paid money for their forum access.

He was non-plussed at the use of racial slurs even out of context and it caused a kerfuffle, so most of us bugged out.

Plus the game was boring as fuck. It was definitely no Wushu.

Most of our inner circle jumped on Archage with the exception of myself (YuWan). A few spent a retarded amount of money. One of them dropped 1k on Archeage easily.

I got a new graphics card since I last played so maybe now the game won't have the really dumb freezing it used to have for me every 10 seconds. If I get back into it and decide to do Schoolless for Defeated Scholar what school should I take that would have a good inner to go with it?

Frozen Chi is only 2nd Inner so I doubt it will be any good compared to 5th inners.

Ice chi is like a four minute debuff that locks people and deals extra damage every half minute. It's always handy to have. Also, WT2 just launched, so nobody even has second inners, yet. They all have fifth sets FOR NO GOOD REASON, but not anything that needs an event to unlock.

Tangs are stronk in second, Beggars get retarded with fourth set and inner and RGs aren't bad then, either. Beyond that, play it by your tastes.

Well, either I go Sectless then try to remember how damage works with the Inner types (Taichi etc) and then I join another school, or I'll just join a school straight up because I remember being Sectless fucking sucked for the entire first inner since you would be leveling up the shit starting inner to like level 36 before you were allowed to get Ice Chi.

The other question I have is, how good are Royal Guard right now.

RIGHT NOW, odds are half the people on WT2 don't have goose step so the rope fucks them hard. Fifth set is also rope. RG fourth is the only good inner; second isn't horrible at max, but kinda crap before. I DO love eagle claw, myself, but it's not nearly as 1v1 bullshit as the rope is, and it doesn't have the yellow/red armor or AOE disables to be good in group PVP.

Last thing. I'm in Yurop. Is it better if I just play Wulin instead? I might just endure the shit ping if I'm playing in a server that's effectively a fresh start and doesn't have most of the P2W bullshit in it.

swordsman was a mistake. i can't get over how they had to provide an in-game botting framework because the grind was too harsh.

the gtc adventure into archeage ended with the guild fracturing over kraken drama followed by the revelation that two or three of the higher members were actual child molesters. that was probably the nail in the coffin.

beggar fourth with defeated scholar would probably be disgusting

RG third is good too, and RG fifth isn't bad. RG is never a wrong choice.

Yeah, WT2 is a fresh start, only about ten days old. It'll get exponentially more bullshit as people get more and more meridians and gear in them, and start buying all the ancient set frags, but for now it's still RELATIVELY fair. As i said before, if you do go Wulin i'm FAIRLY sure Spaghetti (Muha) is still playing there.

Anything with beggar fourth is probably bullshit good. I keep hoping i'll be able to obtain other schools' fourth inners, if only to have that in my arsenal.

RG fifth gives you about 30% damage boost for THREE seconds. Wudang fifth gives about that for like twenty, as does Scholars. The RG third effect gave about as much damage as ONE hit every MAYBE fifteen; it activates on every SKILL, not ATTACK, so on groups it's half-way decent but on single targets it's shit. Might be good on bosses at max level, but still not a deal-breaker. That being said, i don't think most third inners are all that hot on damage; fuckin' scholars might actually be the best.

Please refrain from bullying siko0o, he may end up joining the guild. Details to follow.
If bigbo freaks out or says that he might leave, assure him that I would choose him over siko0o.

RG fifth feels better in practice than it looks on paper because RG fourth set hits very hard and usually in short combos so the short duration matters less than the short recharge.

for RG third you're ignoring that it's a free 100 brawn at a point in time where players are struggling to break 150 in any stat. most third inners are pretty garbage so one that's just average is nice.

I'd rather have RG fourth, with charges that only get spent when you hit, rather than RG fifth, where you only have three seconds of damage and if it's not your power move or you get caught in a combo or disabled after you get the buff, too fucking bad. Likewise, unless you max fifth, you only get ONE (1) second of invulnerability, rather than 20+ seconds of moderate damage reduction. RG fourth ultimately keeps better. RG sixth is high enough in stats that it's probably preferable to fourth, but i still use fourth for single targets. Also the sixth's buff doesn't go through block until you max it, and the debuff doesn't work on bosses; no idea if maxing the inner changes the debuff, though.

100 brawn for MAYBE three hits, until it gets to seven stacks and disappears. Feels like a massive cocktease. Side note: the STACKS activate on SKILL use, but when you get seven stack, the next HIT uses it up. So you have EXACTLY one hit of seven stacks of the buff.

I see. I don't remember you, did you play in lodes?

Hello it's me Kirbachev
Sorry.

Nop; came in at RainingAsh on Silver Viper from Toirneach's clique's recruitment drive. However,i know Lodesadings and NoTrabbu were the guilds before us, and a few of the former members have popped up here and there. I've also seen some NoFunAllowed offliners; you got any info on that guild, by chance?

The only NoFunAllowed I know of was a 4ch guild on TERA.

Rip Wushu torrent. Downloading this game now is fingernail torture.

New day brings new questions

How necessary is VIP, and how many of you are using it?

When I used to play Wushu the way to get unbound liangs was by kidnapping. It was one of the two ways unbound liangs got into the market. Kidnapping, or gold transferring into unbound silver.

If the server is trying to be not p2w, but I assume there's still VIP, can you get by without it?

The short answer is no.
The long answer is maybe but no one can really see how.

Welp. I'm not spending money on a subcription for a korea game where the subscription isn't the end for moneysinking. If I want to play a sub game I'll play FF14. Guess I'm not playing after all.

You CAN play without VIP, but you're gonna be dragging behind. Actually, the VIP bullshit doesn't start in leveling UNTIL the fourth school sets come out; also factions and subsect, but those came out after VIP was introduced.

But yeah, no; without VIP, you're a second-class citizen.

t. that one autist who never bought VIP

That one autist always baffled me. It's $10, you could 'earn' that by digging through the garbage for a few hours.

If you're a poorfag like me you won't have 10$ lying around for any extras, which is why you'll consider playing F2P MMOs. When I do have money lying around and I can actually spend it, there's games with higher priority. Wushu is fun, when I played it back in the day was it was bretty gr8. But even if it's a charming little game, I'm not going to pay for premium status when I could be playing another game where the playing field is even for everyone who's invested the same time into it, and not who's invested more money.

It's a combination of several things: i'm a cheap fuck, i have no immediate way to spend money online, this is a free-to-play game, god damn it, and i'm going to play it for free, but the thing that really keeps me going is the warm feeling i get every time people were amazed that i didn't give in to the chinese jew. That feeling also mingles with seeing 80 million potential and thinking it's an accomplishment.

Not even if I had all the money in the world.

Does anyone have any experience using those VPN lag reduction programs? I always thought it was snake oil but this game is ping dependent enough to make me consider it.

Nope; i know there was talk of it at some point, and i imagine the one australian and like five euro members we had could chime in if any of them were fucking paying attention. I'm sure it helps, but they usually want money for the service.

vid unrelated

a legend in his own time

RIP thewolf

I've used battleping before. It's surprisingly effective if you test it with your parry.

You'd think a living guild would lend itself to an active thread.

Too busy playing the game ;^)

We're going to be trying to take Chengdu on Saturday.
Level all of your helpful group PVE skills and prepare in any way that you can. I'm going to try to get drop in the sea and boundless sword rage to level 4ish, and bigbo will be using the dance that gives flat damage, so plan accordingly (might be best to use sets with a lot of hits in order to maximize dps).

There are definitely less vietnamese. The english-speaking bloc is dominant.

I've said this before: if you bid on an idle base, you get it. The real battle will be at the bidding on wednesday. Hope you carted enough to outbid everyone else.

feels good man

And then he never came back ;-;

the lucky bastard

I don't understand. Did you learn the RG first inner then immediately max it out to break through the meridian, or did you get some item that unlocks the entire meridian instantly?

He somehow got some ridiculous item that gave him the meridian. The Stupid Bitch.

He really is a stupid bitch.

quick start meowing in voice chat again

If this new server is actually not pay 2 win i might actually come back for the 5th fucking time

No pay to win yet. The whales have been desperate and have bought bank tickets to pour into silver cultivation, but that's a horrible return and doesn't even help that much.

So Snail will eventually return to their base form and start selling 9pal and curled branch for 300 buckaroos

There's a server in China with similar rules, and they've already avoided doing so.

There was a top-up event that gave people a bunch of stuff… but it was blue dragon only. They specifically excepted the new server. That's a good sign, if anything is.

They did that for Golden Panda to start, if you'll remember. I'll believe it once BD gets another bullshit cash set event, and WT2 doesn't.

And that being said, ancient taichi is still a problem; you fuckers better start hitting the MEs hard, and remember: it's one a day, so only take ones that're worth anything.

GP had kirin bags from day 1
there were day 1 shuras

This.

There are no kirin boxes or jade frags. Even luoyun orders are disabled, I think.

They aren't disabled, I've seen a few around. I don't know if the order store is actually active though.

Like i said before, water don't flow uphill. It's been going down for years, now; i find it hard to believe, even now, it's started going upwards.

fuckin luoyun orders have been mostly useless since they came out; you could get dragon slaps with them like Dolor did from the Suzhou mortuary guy tho

the salt is flowing tonight

time to bust out the old reliable; not long until the bumplock, anyhow

I'd like that, I just don't see how, unless you had an idea.

Age of Wushu 2 :^)

Moonlight Blade is coming out someday to the west. And uh…

Look I didn't say such a future was likely, I said I hope it will happen.

the adventures continue

All hail Chairman Shino, glorious leader of GreatWall! Our glorious leader has once again successfully tricked the capitalist dogs! He claimed to bid for Chengdu, but in his infinite wisdom actually bought an island in the middle of nowhere in Scholars! His genius tactical maneuvering has secured a future for this guild.

All hail Shino!

Guess I'll give it a go, can't be worse than nostalrius

REMOVE SHINO

SHI-NO-HOME

coincidence????

careful now, some of our players are vanilla wow defense force

What is this about VIP giving access to hidden ones

yeah well I won't interrupt them sucking dicks so we should be okay

Emei = 峨嵋派 = basically female shaolin
Royal Guards = mix of 廠 and 錦衣衛? = Eunuchs and soldiers
Tangmen = 四川唐門 = tribe of poison and throwing weapon users
Beggars =丐幇 = Beggars

Cookiecutter chinese kung fu story, are there any interesting groups or do I have to roleplay as a gwailou who ended up in china who couldn't get a sect because the chinks are too racist to accept me

Why play this when you can play BnS?

What? VIP gives you access to rootless (cut your dick off) PBI (flutes) and POMF (it is what it sounds like) and none of those are even out yet.

That said, its best to think of this as a subscription based mmo, not an F2P one.

Any base is better than no base; remember to level the stables and get the reward bag on saturday nights. You know it's time when you see the OTHER guild owners opening theirs in the world announcements.

Now that subsects are out, factions are borderline worthless. You might get the odd autist who really wants to be a no-dick vampire or an AOE toot-whore, but nine times out of ten they're going right to the Hua subsect.

Why play this when we could play Dungeon Fighter Online? Shit, gimme a game with Kingdom Hearts 1's top-level glide and i'd be all for that. I used to fly at mach speed just above the ground, it was fantastic.

By the way, does Wulin have a server like this?

Why play BnS when you can play AoW?

MAINTENANCE
DEAD GAME
DEAD GUILD
DEAD LIFE

We're past the bump limit, so dead thread, too.

HARPER DOWN
he was bragging in guild chat about being able to take us all out and how he was picking up arena pills for the energy since he was going to be 3v1ing, and then I drop on top of him and pk him 1v1

he would've got me though if I hadn't closed in on him while i had enough rage for my full scholars kick combo, rg fifth is bullshit

i don't know what an interesting group would look like for someone who's used to the standard wuxia shit, my impression is that wushu is 100% knockoff.

Wanderers valley is sort of unique? They're a hodgepodge amalgamation of edgy wuxia stereotypes rather than ripped directly from a condor novel.

speaking of which, can someone please redpill me on RG 5th? how do you block the move where they spin you all over the place? i swear to god its gotten me through block a bunch of times, and if thats their feint im going to shit a house of rage because thats insane

is someone going to make a new thread….

Yes.

new thread here.

Eventually, i'm sure. Remember to make a list of the recent happenings and current goals.