ITT: Games with Explosions and Destruction

Post Games where you can create big, fiery explosions, Sparks, Fireworks,Impressive Smoke destroy shit,fling enemys/objects in the air with cool physics. Bonus if it runs with limited specs, but not necessary.

World in Conflict.

CoD games. well you asked, this is what they do well.

Fallout New Vegas

Napoleanic wars dlc for mount and blade warband is great for lighting up TNT. If you can find a server where they don't restrict how much you can build you can totally fuck up the server. It's great.

Hulk: Ultimate Destruction, especially the 'fling enemies/objects in the air' part.

Red Faction Guerilla
Red Faction Armageddon somewhat too

Garry's Mod

rwetrwe

ARMA 3 with ACE is about as good as it gets, frag with realistic penetration, beautiful lighting and nice sound.

Whoops.

Well BLACKED was pretty cool. Far Cry 2/3/4 also let you load up with an inventory of rockets, grenade, napalm and IEDs.

Crysis (Tactical mod recommended since you get handheld tactical nukes / thermobaric explosives)
World in Conflict (No Hope mod gives you bigger shit to blow things up with but the base game already does the job)
EDF (4.1 with the air raider in particular)
Supcom FA (no physics but tons of explosions, BlackOps for even more explosions)
C&C Generals / Zero Hour (Shockwave mod is a must)
Prototype (2 less so)
Lost Planet 1&2
Wargame EE
Red Faction Guerilla and Armageddon (second one is a corridor shooter but gives you some things you wont have in Guerilla)
Hard Reset (not much in physics but the environment is a fucking minefield in some levels)

>no mention of Just Cause 1,2 and 3 yet.
I am ashamed.

Mercenaries

Just Cause 2

Because they're pretty shit for enviromental destruction.

Just 'cuz

OG X-Com

The Burnout series
Beat Hazard, don't try it if you're prone to seizures
Space Engineers, if you have the PC for it

Noice, i'll check em out as soon as i get my rig.

bump

How many suggestions do you want for a system you don't even have yet?

don't get me wrong user, i just haven't finished writing all of these suggestions down and i didn't want the thread to die.

It's Holla Forums, the oldest thread is over 24 hours old.

huh. did this place die out or something? right now, there are 2245 active users, so why are so many of them passive? i don't get it…

maybe the number's wrong

It's the case on 4chan too, I don't understand it myself but the vast majority of users make maybe 1 or 2 posts each session.
Thinking about it they are probably phone phaggots

SS13.

Maybe you should lurk a bit more.

Squad

Jesus Christ, is that Squad?

yes, the artists and animators did a gr8 job with this game

This is unreal, is it on Steam?

yes in early access alpha

The devs are bros though, and it gets updated regularly. It's quite good on it's own right now, just needs the same amount of content project reality had.

I'll see if i can throw some support their way

It's also fun to play an artillery squad, landing howitzer shots in the middle of a cavalry brigade or a horde of russian peasants is incredibly satisfying

To save our mother earth from any alien attack ♫

X-COM Apocalypse also has some big explosions, and you can demolish entire structures if necesarry (the government won't like it though). You can blow buildings up in the cityscape as well, your interceptors and hovercars will often hit long walkways that end up collapsing end to end, and fragile slums can be razed in seconds with one or two good shots.

Why has destruction physics taken such a backseat when games that do them well are so good?

Earth Defense Force 4.1

It's the holidays.

On topic: Renegade OPs and Full Auto 2: Battlelines