Escape from Tarkov

will it be as good as it sounds?

Hopefully, at the very least the guns will be fun to shoot.

Big vision, small studio - of course it wil suck.

I'm not watching all that, what kind of game is it? Single, multi? Action, RPG elements, survival?

at least they know how to design them, they shoot every weapon they made for the game, hopefully it'll be good

watch it fam, they explain in detail what the game is about, but yeah single/multiplayer tactical shooter with some "rpg" elements, and CRAZY weapon customization

Survival multiplayer, I'm not sure there's zombies but it seems it's like dayz.

also the mobility options and the stuff you can do with your weapon are on a whole other level

Looks pretty good. I want it to be as good as they're trying to state it will be, but given current year and shit, it's hard to be optimistic.

How can a fucking dayz with a smaller scope and no zombies sound good? Not to mention it is multiplayer driven to the point that you need to play online in order to advance in the story.
The only interesting bit is that system that lets players play the role of an NPC to try to get some loot from other players.
Other than that, it sounds like utter shit.
Nice weapon customization, an AK74 with a muzzle break doesn't kick more than an M4/AR in 5.56 with a fucking flash hider. Get your shit straight, faggot.

im fucking tired of them in every game, really

Yeah it'll be as good as it sounds.
I'll let you decide how it sounds though.

Me too, but there are mutants, xeno, clanks, interdimentional creatures, infernal spawns and all sorts of shit you could be killing that aren't some fucking dude with a balaclava and some mismatched camouflaged outfit.
Random soldier as enemies mean you will only be dealing with one kind of AI behavior, two to three at most if you given different aggressiveness levels to snipers, regular soldiers and up-close (smg/shotgun) soldiers. It makes the game more shallow and, well, more like everything else we have been playing for the last decade or so.
This will be a shallow, online-driven FPS with neat guns and gun customization. Chances are they will also try to leech from some in-game market. If I remember correctly, there will be insurance for gear and a stash system that can be purchase with IRL money.
It will be shit.

are you fucks still shilling this call of duty shit here

It seems a little bloated, like the whole team consists of ideas guys who just want to shove more shit into the game.

If I want ARMA I'll play ARMA. If I want to play a good game with good gameplay I won't play this stupid realism shit, I'll play something that is actually well designed and doesn't just balance everything like it is in real life because real life sucks.

As good as it sounds? Fuck no.

Breddy gud? Quite possibly. However, you have to remember: >russians

explain yourself

No. Games that try this type of thing do not work.

Gun customization and being able to load your mags as you wish (with different types of shells) looks amazing. The gunplay looks good and all. My worry is how they are going to fuck it up with the multiplayer stuff. They'll surely have some stupid fucking persistent world bullshit or microtransactions. Look at what happens to other Russian games with online components (e.g. War Thunder). At least it's not with various nations so they won't have too much Russian bias.Dunno about singleplayer, still not sure what these Russians are actually trying to do.

Also

Is Stalker DayZ without zombies? Zombies are shit. If anything it's Stalker without the paranormal/mutation element, nothing to do with DayZ. Thank fuck it doesn't have that cancer (has only made every game like this worse, with Stalker being the only notable example that pulled it off), that's the one thing that keeps me hopeful for this game, let me /k/ in peace without your bullshit.

Yeah no fuck off, even back in the heyday of that kinda game, the slower paced games were the patrician choice while the ADHD plebs played that. Not to mention you don't want it anyway, when a new arena shooter comes out it's either shit because it deviated from the formula, or it's shit because it's the same fucking formula since 1999 and it dies in a week as players get bored of the same shit over and over.

Don't really care much for this game apart from the gun customization tickling my /k/ prostate, but you faggots have the worst complaints.

I don't get what you're trying to say. Stalker has zombies… and a variety of different mutated enemies including fucking poltergeist.
Any example? Rust was less cancerous when it had zombies, at least there was a common treat instead of just le epin bombing your house game where you can't make a do unless you play along with a group of people that takes turns to guard your house and even then a naked fuck with C4 can fuck your shit up. Premium game design.
Again, one example.

I was on /k/ before you even knew what an imageboard was, faggot. Let me tell you something about /k/, the majority of /k/ loves paranormal shit because it makes for an interesting target to shoot at. If /k/ wants realistic gun play, they go outside and shoot shit, something you probably can't do because you're likely a noguns faggot too.
Now fuck off and get out.

there have been enough games where you stare at a metal shape or glowing red dot in the middle of your screen and click the enemies until they die in the past 10 years while you move slowly through cramped interiors.

I'm trying to say to stop thinking everything that has moderately realistic in an "open" world where you go around scavenging is a DayZ clone.

How about DayZ itself? Nobody gives a fuck about the zombies, they're just janky annoying bots, the real deal is dealing with players, nobody would play it if it were only zombies.

No, it wasn't. Only good time in Rust was had by having a large group/clan and fighting another large group/clan. Zombies never added fucking anything to it. As for examples of games ruined by it, look at just about any game with zombies (like the thousands of DayZ clones), which could have used something much more interesting than bots that run at you and melee you. Only game that did zombies well was No More Room In Hell because it managed to keep them very threatening while still making guns feel very powerful.

How to spot a newfag 101: He tries to bring up how much of a newfag he's not.

Yeah, skinshifters or folklore/tales or well done stuff like Stalker, not fucking zombies and uninspired monsters.

If you think they don't you've never been in a vidya-related thread on /k/. /k/ wants two things: lots of realistic and detailed guns, and the ability to bug-out (aka Stalker, DayZ, whatever has you as a heavily armed loner in some lawless place). Ever wonder why /k/'s favourite game is Stalker (and possible 7.62)?

Sadly for you, there's a /k/ videogame cyclical thread up on /k/. Go ahead, go look at what we're talking about 90% of the time. Spoiler: it's all realism-leaning if not a "simulator". You would of course know all this if you actually did go to /k/, that thread has been up for months.

Also the thread is quite hyped for Tarkov.

I don't want the same formula from 1999, as rare as they are there are other games that do it well without being the same thing like Devil Daggers or Tribes. I'd love to play a big RPG with that kind of gameplay but thanks to you realismfags we'll never have that.

'the fuck do you think?

Who said that? Are you strawmanning me, user? Don't do that. This shit is Dayz because of game design decisions, you will be dealing with random retards shooting at you from afar in a relatively open world map with no real objective for the most part. Mission maps are online MMO-ish shit.

That game is shit precisely because you're only dealing with people as a treat. And because performance is shit, but that's down to Bohemia being shit.

How is that fun?

And who the fuck said it is either zombies or realism? All I said is that this game is Dayz without zombies, zombies were already irrelevant in Dayz, the game itself lacks game design behind it.

And you think Stalker is realistic in the gunplay? You really are a fucking noguns, aren't you?
Also
We have had a vidya thread since day one, not months, you fucking dingus. One of the first few rules of Holla Forums /k/ was that there should be one vidya thread at a time, of course since there is so little moderation besides that Australian /k/unt there are usually more than one vidya thread at a time, but still. You keep outing yourself as a noguns faggot who just recently started lurking /k/, probably to talk shit on the vidya thread.
Once again
>>>/out/

Not many where staring at metal shapes and glowing red dots while clicking at things going down cramped interiors have actually been done right.
Probably neither will this, but meh, worth a try.
Until either I get gun laws relaxed and 2g ACM or 3 gun matches appear in my area or the RWDS memes itself into reality this will do.

I just want Stalker with co-op.

Is this Stalker with co-op?

also nice trips

No. No anomalies, not monsters, no artifacts, no radiation, no nothing. It's like a shitter version of Survarium. And Survarium was extremely shitty to begin with.

Dayz with instanced maps and some shoved-in online story mode. It is also likely to have an in-game shop, a business model that works very well (financially speaking) in Russia.

Apart from the lack of objective that sounds just like Project Reality, Red Orchestra, Arma, most realistic tank games, etc. Most of those don't have open world maps but it doesn't differ much in gameplay terms compared to a large map, if we're talking engagements. Also who said you won't have an objective in Tarkov? We haven't exactly been told much.

No, that's the only good part. NOBODY wants to play DayZ to kill zombies, they want to be post-apocalyptic sociopaths and maniacs unbound by rules and morals.

Teamwork, team effort, etc etc. How are games fun? Rust wasn't ever very fun anyways.

You really are trying very very hard aren't you? Also Stalker has, once modded (which everyone does), relatively realistic guns, and a fuckload of them. That's why /k/ likes it.

Except I meant that thread specifically which has been up for 12 months, which was obvious, so nice try there. Again you're really desperate to pin newfag and/or noguns on me. Nice going avoiding the real argument by the way, please go look at what games they are talking about, like I mentioned before.

Almost nothing.

That gets old in like fifteen minutes top. It is the same shit over and over again. Typical of a millennial faggot, so eager to gobble up "player-to-player" driven content, you're the definition of faggot.

More like people grinding for shit and hoarding up resources to sit on their asses on base waiting for another group of retards that did the exact same thing before just to clash against each other endlessly. Again, no game design, just like Dayz and just like this shit you're so fucking eager to defend.

You're saying that Stalker is realistic? Are you implying that /k/ wasn't all over stalker way before it started to get weapon mods? How fucking new can you be?

Then be more clear in your shitty non-arguments.

I'm not pinning shit, you're outing yourself out with the shit you say. I am merely pointing at you and laughing.

I gave you a shitload of arguments as of why this crappy shit you're shilling for is bound to be bad. You're the one avoiding reality.

Just wait for Ray of Hope