1 GB VRAM, what can i play?

i have a pretty shitty Graphics Card in my Laptop, a 1023MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630M and a Intel Core i3 2350M @ 2.30GHz,as well as 4gb of ram, what can i play well with these specs, Holla Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.63761.0.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pc games from 2010 and earlier. good news is there hasn't been any good pc games since then.

play your bread with that toaster, sucker

use google, search for videos using your card model in youtube

Rimworld and Factorio are my favorite lap top games and they'd be fine.

actual laptop enthusiast here.

630m isn't bad. far from a toaster imo.

might be able to play overcuck on medium settings albeit at 720p. mgsV also. this site gives a good idea on how fast it is. notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-GeForce-GT-630M.63761.0.html

as i said, it's far from a toaster. it's pretty good for what it does. you may not get the aforementioned performance with those games because you have a dual core. the games tested used an i7 quad.

Deus Ex.

everyone has played this game

Why? Laptops are what you use when there is nothing better available.

Emulate snes and stuff

Apparently not seeing everyone's shit tastes on this board.

liking deus ex doesn't mean you're exempt from having shit taste

if you have autism, yes. that would apply.

i actually work at an IT shop, and my main job involves fixing laptops. you would be surprised. people strongly underestimate the power of a laptop. there's shit ones, good ones and ricer ones. op's laptop is far from bad and could run some newer aaa titles well enough to be playable. it will be shit in time though. yes in general they are slower than a gaymen desktop or a shit desktop, but depending on the model, not by a whole lot. of course if it has integrated graphics, it is shit for gaming, unless it's intel iris.

if you get a dedicated laptop that is old or isn't ricershit or a high end/workstation, don't expect to be playing newer games at their maximum or at all depending on how old it is.

the new ricer laptops have a desktop nvidia in them. they're a fucking ripoff though.

what do you mean, it will be shit in no time? because it's been going strong for about 5 years, it's a medion brand one. sure, if i keep the cpu too busy it can get hot (80° max) pretty quickly, but i actually don't mind too much, since it's the best i have….

You can't update laptop gpus, at best you can use a usb gpu adapter.

I agree, people should just skip shit like the deus ex games.

oh, if you mean it that way, sure, i wouldn't want to play anything graphically advanced with the shit temperature management going on in laptops, who wants graphical power on the go anyways? I don't see a point… anyways, i have a PC coming soon anyways, so im not worrying

i mean as newer aaa games get released, it's not going to be able to run those because they want you to have a 1080 or something. it's a strategy to force you to buy a new laptop or nshittia/amdonkey gpu.

the cpu hitting 80 celsius is normal for a sandy bridge mobile. most sandy laptops get around that ballpark, even the ayylmao ones. they get really fucking hot, even with new paste and a fan cleanout. it's when it gets to 90 you should start to worry. you should be monitoring the gpu though. it's a rebadged 540m with higher clock speeds, so it shouldn't be getting any higher than 75 celsius. if it hits anything over 85, it will be time to worry.

yeah, medions are pretty good unless it's the msi based ones. those are shit. judging from your specs, it isn't an msi one so nothing to worry about there. i have a medion p7812 which i've been using for 5 years. bit faster than yours because gt 555m.

no.

they will run at 1x speed. even those thunderbolt adapters are shit. get a new desktop or laptop.

did you come from tomshardware?

i'm sick of this meme. you can on some models, usually the gaymen ones. an old ayylmao m15x r2 from 2009 can have a 980m installed no problem.

ops in particular, no. it's soldered to the mainboard as is the majority of dedicated laptop gpus.

Better than my current rig OP
core 2 duo e8400
4gb ram
2x 512 MB Nvidia 8800

just to clarify, i mean extreme graphical capabilitys, like beyond what a nvidia shield or a vita could do, because they're really impressive and should last a long time regarding specs, right?

his laptop is actually quite a bit inferior if you're running dual 8800's. a single 8800 is only about 10% faster than a 630m.

you have a faster cpu, and gpu. the only advantage here is that his supports dx11.

russian roulette

The way you type and treat people like they're retarded while stating the obvious make you sound like it.

someone is mad.

That's a pretty competent setup, all things considered. You should be able to play most everything up to 2010 maxed-out, as well as some newer games at low settings.

There are some solid low-spec games from recent years too, like Stardew Valley, Risk of Rain, Broforce, and Shovel Knight.

Emulation shouldn't be a problem at-all. You might even be able to emulate a few PS2 games or Gamecube games using the Ishiiruka fork of Dolphin.

thanks, i honestly wouldn't have guessed that! definatly going to try them out!

Is there a list of upgradeable laptops? I have a 2014 asus g771 laptop with a 860m.

you can usually google it to find out just by looking at the motherboard or on notebookreview, but the majority of new gaymen laptops have gpus soldered to the mainboard.

yours sadly has a soldered gpu so no upgrades there. still a good laptop.

i can however give you a list based off personal memory.

any alienware that isn't an m11x or m14x made between 2009-2014 has mxm and can be upgraded. any alienware made after that = soldered entirely.

some rogs namely the g75v series and g73 series but they can only be upgraded to an extent.

the majority msi's that have "gt" or "gx" can usually be upgraded because mxm. even the older ones.

lots of clevo laptops are upgradeble, but you need to check first and there's so many models that i'm not going to type any out.

you really don't want to get a gaymen laptop made before 2009 because it will use an older form of mxm limiting your upgradebility.

No problem, user. Just keep in mind it's a huge "maybe". There's a decent chance that they'll run okay but it's worth trying even if I can't guarantee it.

Nice breaks, faggot!

Laptop can never get competitive with desktops at any level, hence they're inferior unless mobility is a big thing for you.

Bough my laptop in christmas 2013, it's just an Intel integrated crap with 4b ram, and it has endured everything I've made it play so far. I kinda like my laptop. I-I think I want to hug it.

I beg to differ.

The new gaymen laptops have desktop nshittia gpu's in them which are identical. Laptops have only caught up because there has been no real advance in graphics since 2010.

why u wasting so many lines some african kiddies are starving for lines and you wasting like that

And you can make a desktop with similar specs for cheaper, also the 10xx series in laptops is underclocked (not too heavily but still you're paying more for 10% less performance)

OK i know reddit spacing is a neo Holla Forums tier meme, but for fucks sake this shit is ridiculous, go back to reddit man

Aviary Attorney

it

pissed

you

all

off

didn't

it? :^)

I have a laptop with intel hd 3000 igpu. It runs literally every game I tried. Which is not surprising, seeing as it's from 2011 and they stopped making videogames in 2007.

Also, laptops are more power efficient.

what games did you try?

You just wasted even more space by complaing about something irrelevant instead of adding to the thread. The spacing isn't the problem, it's you faggots bitching about it.

bit your tongue? also it's not like we don't have this thread 10 times per week

A pentium 3 with a radeon 9800pro can run Crysis, saying your laptop runs everything you've tried on it doesn't tell us much.

Mostly because they're way less powerful.

Bump

How young are if you think that's a toaster, OP? You can comfortably play any game worth playing.

Well, I don't keep a log, but lately I've been playing openttd, xonotic, alpha centauri, shogun total war, and various ps1 and snes games.

I can play a lot of games and I only have Core 2 Duo with integrated graphics, you should be able to play tons of stuff.

I only have a laptop with integrated graphics. Intel HD 3000, to be specific.

Just about anything turn-based (if you're willing to wait on long turn times)

Then your roguelikes/roguelites.

Older games

Newer games with low hardware requirements (sprite based graphics or similar)

And learn how to tweak .ini settings and disable/edit vidya assets to lower the performance requirements. Oftentimes if you search around a little bit or have a little know-how, you can get games at playable framerates well below their stated minimum requirements, though it'll probably look like shit.

God suggestions. XCOM 1 with Longest War mod. I have exact same specs on my laptop and many 2010 games run just fine, even newer less demanding like Factorio. Or hit up TPB for some GOG goodness mang.

Pretty cool video but their staging area blows. Their units barricades are well lit but their enemies are in darkness, that means it's harder for them to hit the invaders but the attackers to a bonus to chance-to-hit.

I forgot about that, GOG games are great for toaster gaming.

Have you even played Crysis?

Civ 6 is better for toasters.

Civ 5 on the other hand…

I couldn't get Civ6 to work because it needed a DX11 compatible video card. Even after forcing it to launch with DX10 or DX9, it still crashed when starting a new game.

intel straight out lies abut their graphics support, i had a laptop back in '07 that claimed openGL 3 support and everytime you launched anything OGL3 it crashed or went on a slideshow mode even for things like tech demos

Yeah you can get equivalent specs for cheaper. But when comparing a build I wanted to do with a mostly equivalent laptop. I found that the price difference was only about $300. So for $300 extra I could get similar performance plus portability, which isn't bad at all.

Have you?

The difference is smaller on lower end build obviously but once you get to the mid-end or more you starts seeing much more important differences.
That's also discounting the lesser reliability and modularity of any sort of laptop not to mention scalper-tier pricing on spare parts.
And frankly for a 300bucks difference you can up whatever you GPU + CPU combo to go way past whatever portable thing you were aiming for a practical example would be basically going for say an FX8350 + 1060 3GB to a 4690k + 1070.

Pretty much, you can go on ebay right and find an i5 2500 based tower for 150 bucks or so, just slap a decent GPU on it and you can play almost anything recent in good conditions, if you look much harder you can get better builds than that for under 250 bucks

While that's true, you can much more easily upgrade a desktop than a laptop. So while the laptop may be cheaper in the short run, it's more expensive the long run.

For a desktop, you can replace component by component as they become outdated or otherwise bottleneck your system. For a laptop, you pretty much just have to buy a new one every time.

No.