Star Citizen now using Amazon Lumberyard

Derek Smart was right again.

nichegamer.com/2016/12/24/star-citizen-drops-cryengine-four-years-into-development-for-amazon-lumberyard/

t. Derek Smart

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/BG0G3
forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/364217
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207
dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=26.0
plsstopusingplebbit.com/r/Starcitizen_Leaks/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skene's_gland#Structure_and_function
twitter.com/AnonBabble

sage

I'm not defending Star Citishit, but Lumberyard is a branch of CryEngine. Literally all they had to do was adjust a few things for the new tools Lumberyard, so nothing is lost in development. They did it because CryEngine was a sinking ship and Amazon supports Lumberyard quite well.

eat a flaming dick

Lumberyard is a derivative of Cryengine but nonetheless this is more time redoing shit and not releasing their game.

NEVAR 4GET

GTAV was smaller in scope and took 4 years, I don't think anybody no matter how much money has a rat's arse chance of making a game at the proposed scope of Star Citizen in a reasonable timespan.

They should have gone a MMO-esque Mount & Blade route with the game and not WOAH SUPER DETAILED EVERYTHING YOU CAN EVEN TOUCH YOUR PENIS WITH THIS CYBER GUN AND SHOOT YOUR NUTS OFF because in the end you'd only do the things that matter

We need 4 more years of developtment, goys!

Found the white cis male.

Well, I'd rather shoot my balls off than play Star Citizen

found the person whos not a true PC gamer master race

Lumberyard is really good, and it's good for anyone who used older versions of cryengine, which they were. OP is a moron.

Fucking newfags thinking they know what's up

I'm pretty sure they are mad about niche gamer not allowing "nigger" to be used there anymore

But then where will they sperg out about jews???

For anyone unaware, Lumberyard is Amazon's brand of Cryengine. Embed shows it off more.
It has Twitch and AWS (Amazon's cloud servers) support baked in. it's a neat concept.

I thought star shitizen had customized their own cryengine a whole bunch. Look at how hard it is to port old todd howard games to a new engine that is pretty much the same.

Why is it called Lumberyard? Thats so gayven

I keep watching this trying to understand what happened and I can't figure it out I must be retarded.
I also don't follow star citizen so that's also probably a factor

Oh boy, it's a "derek smart shitposts pretending he's actually a competent person instead of a massive failure by shitting on an obvious hunk of shit and a waste of money" thread

Kill yourself, smart.

Derek Smart is far more talented as a shitposter than as a programmer

That's the only thing I can think of.

Also, holy shit I remember the last times I read about two huge fucking project that cost millions of dollars, took forever to be released and had to exchange engines as the times went by.

Just because they were on a similar side of us once doesn't mean they are now

As far as I can see they are just using he server side shit of Lumberyard, so I doubt this will greatly affect their already shit timetable.

This isn't changing engine. Lumberyard is CryEngine with some new features Amazon has been adding and a better license. But it's still the same engine.

What point are you trying to make? or are you a bot?

Fuck off to your tumblrgate containment zone

WUZ?

another billion years in development just to redo everything in another engine.
brilliant scam

oh jesus that planet at the end of that webm

fuck off

fuck off

its like poetry

archive.is/BG0G3

Does this nigga have tits?

They call him Ayyy cup

I'm in the same boat as you.
Someone provide context or both of us will suffer forever

I'll support you using my dick if you keep making gay ass threads with no archive like this faggot. Go back to the gamergate thread

Why should we care about this nigger?

SUMMON HIM

All they've done so far is make jpegs so it won't make a difference anyway.

Whoops

Fuck off back to whatever this weeks gg board is

Ive reported everyone in this thread asking for archives
enjoy your ban on christmas loser

fag

but yeah this is some shit even if it is a smart move, it's way too late game

well that makes it less retarded

hey rabbi, watcha doing?

yer nice censored shite
also

CHECKEM

Why?

Then their fucking homos

star citizen is gay, but the rumors about Kijima are comletely true. he really did buttfuck that that kid in the toyko show room last year. it's too bad he is like that, but at least he still makes good games.

Wow rude
You're like the Grinch who stole shitposts.
Just have the site and an archive link together. if someone is asshurt about not being allowed to swear they can click the archive link instead

What's the story with Kojima ?

RIP Kikongo

he got caught having sex with a youngish boy at konami headquarters. that's the reason they didn't let him finish out MGS and why they didn't have to pay him for the lat 2/3 of the game. he violated an ethics clause.

How did that get out ?

i was that boy

He's shitposting

Wonder how much Amazon is getting for this shit, match made in Heaven with Star Shitizen Man.

when he was caught on the showroom floor, they immediately took it to HR. they have different rules for having sex with young people in japan, so if the kid says not to press charges, the cops usually won't (especially if it's a boy). so Kojima got lucky he lives in a backward country with weird pedo laws, and we get better games from him, since all he did was break an ethics law so he can start his own studio now. all he lost was most of the MGS money

NIGGER THE ARCHIVE LINK IS THERE SO THE PAGE CAN BE SNAPSHOTTED IN ITS CURRENT STATE AND NOT ALTERED OR TAKEN DOWN

Yep, changing engines after several years of development is a telltale sign of a disaster. Shame about that guy who invested his life savings.

It's got Twitch support built in too. Some guy with a mic could sneeze too hard and the game might register that as wanting to stream.

Fuck, forgot to remove my sega

Guys this is totally normal, Amazon has a history of expanding into potentially profitable markets and I don't see why ship .jpegs should be any different. These .jpegs have made over a hundred million dollars so far, just imagine how much Amazon could make by selling .jpegs of things other than ships too!

That you're a fucking retard.

Quit chimping out cause you have to hide your power on one single website.

Bugged forum mechanics

It's not that you can't say nigger on there. It's the slippery slope that this will lead in to.

It starts with not being able to say nigger. New mods (or possibly existing ones, I don't know how pozzed mods on nichegamer are) will use this rule as leeway to not allow what they deem "offensive", which can and will be whatever they disagree with.

p.s. Merry Christmas user

Entire stream was hours worth of technical failure, cringe, bad writing, and mistakes.

I don't want to support them anymore faggot. Use archive.

Come to think of it, wasn't CryEngine free as well? What the hell could Lumberyard offer that justifies an engine change?

Cause CryEngine a shit and outdated, no longer supported, and CryTek is verge to defunct

Crytek are falling on hard times, while Amazon is becoming more successful. Also Lumberyard makes it easier to access THE CLOUD, which is another buzzword they can staple to the game

Suppose to be easier to learn than cryengine, also no royalties, but lumberyard comes with twitch support and in you have to use amazon's servers if you want to make an online game, which I have no idea how much they would charge.

Because focusing on acquisitions on multiple studios with your company brand and only focusing on demo games instead of making sustainable profit, will make you not give a shit about your baby game engine when you're running to make sure things don't fall apart all at once.

So you're judging them for something you think they'll do out of simple paranoia?

you don't like tits?

Lumberyard is just cryengine rebranded since amazon bought it. It also has networking and aws intergration added.

Starcitizen will only come out when Chris Roberts dies and can no longer constantly make changes to it.

Not paranoia, the slippery slope is well documented, it can happen anywhere, and one the path has been taken it is very hard to turn back.

Fuck off, nigger.

That's the beauty of Derek Smart, he's a raging autist and retard but the fact he's been 100% right about Star Citizen just makes the whole thing funnier.

It's like the 2 years of GooberGaym taught you nothing.

Looks like she wears one of those 70k+$ overcomplicated Swiss watches. good for her, at last it's not my money.

It's like you want to get shoa'd.

Wtf does that even mean?

That means anygame you game will have a "broadcast with Twitch" button. In other words, this engine is made to sell by using twitch. Shekel Yiddizen knows who they are selling the game too and by watching the webms/stream then you'll see. They want stream support so streamers can sell the game for them, the easier it is for them to stream the more streamers they can get on board.

before it even releases

Wow, nichegamer is going to shit.
Eh, I never posted on their forums in the first place, I never really liked the place enough to consider making an account.
Sucks for the people who actually used the place though.

Inb4 Amazon becomes Gamespy 2.0

Kojima is just trying to make Metal Gear real. That boy will go on to be known as Jack the Dicker and then later as an adult, Gayden and he will save a young girl named Cunny.

niga u dumb

They used a old version of CryEngine because they fucked around so much they couldn't merge the upstream anymore

fuck off faggot

if it's just a branch of cryengine doesn't D.Smart just look like a retarded Quijotoc sperg again?

How would he know anything from 2 years ago since he probably came here a week ago from halfchan. This board has lost all ideology about video games and now it's just Holla Forums levels of shitposting and template threads.

and what makes you say that? are you seriously mad about not being able to say "nigger" there? let us know when you graduate highschool

this level of apologia is hilarious.
the part of their development that isn't making ship models to sell has almost entirely been customizing the shit out of cryengine until it bleeds. they won't be able to use any of those changes – you can't fucking merge engine-level tweaks into a new version of the engine if they're all for the multiplayer-level shit that Amazon has done to cryengine. They're throwing out what years of development they've done and admitting defeat to use a canned solution from a vendor.
Trying to spin that as no big deal is funny shit, thanks.

This makes no fucking sense, why swap engines when they have already heavily modified CryEngine and now they can easily hire those that built it?

I have seen some badly managed projects but this is amazing. inb4 BeamNG doesn't change a thing and still releases on a modified CryEngine because they aren't retarded

Amazon has an Engine?
Since fucking when?
how is it?

lol fuck off Derek.

If only her boobs were that big.

Are people really so dumb they thought this game would come out before 2020 at the earliest? The man wants to make a literal universe. The scope and ambition of this project is unreal. Which is the very reason we will never see it come out. Assuming it isn't a scam there is no way he can get enough investors to fund this for an indefinite amount of time. It's ambition doomed it from the start and the backers knew this. Worst case we get nothing and best case we get the game assets. Stop being super smug about knowing something everyone knows. I think it's worth throwing some bucks at hopeless projects some times if the risk means we might get some truly great games.

Goons leave.

[citation needed]

If the scope and ambition are unreal, why aren't they using Unreal Engine, huh?
Explain that.

It's pretty much just Cryengine where multiplayer doesn't immediately shit itself and is supported by a company that isn't currently on its death bed.

The main problem being that it's shackled to Amazon and Twitch unless you pay some shekels.

Reminder that this is the halfchan guild

Not true, to start with it wasn't anywhere near what it is now. I'm one of those that backed it when it was just another space game not some real scale, FPS, motion capture beast.

I have backed a couple of kikestarters and always been burnt, however I have gotten great value for money out of open alphas. I'll never back another kikestarter but I will keep buying several open alphas a year as they have actually produced something off their own back before trying to monetize it.

at least he's self-aware but jesus

Why don't you leave instead of shitting up a thread that has a link to a certain outlet?

Concidering Lumberyard is a branch of the Cryengine, I'd imagine that the transfer won't have created new problems, and the improved multiplayer capabilities may remedy the main problem of the game as it is- the fucking atrocious netcode.

I remain very cautiously optimistic.

Though this optimism also rides on £100 that I spent on it years back due to my insatiable hunger for a new Wing Commander game.
I think my lack of regret comes from both genuine hope that the game will be everything I have dreamt of, and pure despair as nothing else has come close at this point in terms of space games that I know of, this being when it's not even half done and broken as shit.

The engine switch will not make the game suddenly possible. Besides, Amazon's ToS for their custom Cry Engine says, that you shouldn't use it for MMOs. That game is dead since October 2015. We can look forward to the Crowdfunding Holocaust of 2017, because when CiG goes apeshit and explode, there will be a huge story how someone has abused crowd funding to scam people and that time, there will be no protection from a bunch of whiny leftists.

Just fuck off. People like you are the reason /a/ doesn't talk to us anymore.

To be fair, Todd is fucking lying and no, it is not that fucking hard. It's like swapping from Unity 4 to Unity 5 in the middle of development, a hassle, sure, but not fucking impossible. Lumberyard is just Cryengine 3 with some additional online functions already integrated into it. Considering Star Shillizens is going to have a lot of online functions and that one of the conditions to use Lumberyard is using Amazon servers for public games, this smells like a deal between the conman and Amazon, probably to get more shekels since he is running out of budget… again.

always one

Moving to a new engine almost always equals disaster. In this case its just an attempt to buy more time and milk more whales.

Also this for fuck sake. Some websites need advertisement to stay afloat and to keep giving their content creators a monthly salary. Some retard writting " muh nazis, them niggers" on the comments and in the forum is bad for business. Sperging out over that is fucking retarded.
I still think the retarded OP should have archived that link, archive isn't only about not giving advertisement and everyone should have the option of reading the article without supporting the site. At the very least, offer archive link and then site link right below.

who?

Except it is almost the same engine. I'm not saying it won't fail, it was bound to fail the moment they started promising so much shit in such a short time period, but to think this is a major issue in development is retarded, specially considering all the other shit they are yet to fix, this is nothing.

You're more stupid than the OP. And probably even more of a faggot too.

It can be done well but you need them to share a language so your existing code can be reused, Automation is looking like they are going to port without much issues as the UE4 build is nearly up to where their key engine release is.

They have had to rebuild all assets but don't have many to worry about and both engines are C++ so all the functional code still works.

Being retarded isn't an opinion.

meant for

it's bait

Fuck off Plax

I love it.

Enjoy waiting a minimum of another year for this "totally going to release just trust me" to come out because of this fuckup.

Are you faggots retarded? It's just an exercise in re-branding. Nothing about the engine is changing.

That might be the case but it would make their claim to be "changing engines" false not that I think CGI is above lying.

how? how is it?
SC have butchered the current one to shit.
How is it?

unless you have butchered an ancient version of the original code, then your 'automation' won't do shit.

Faggot goon who got into a public fight with Sandi. The details are a google search away if you care enough.

Some goon who isn't a fugly tranny or a scrawny leftist.

Being a huge asshole for the sake of being a huge asshole is not an opinion either. I know cuckchan is dying, reeks like dick cheesse for its gay as fuck and dropped 10 IQ points since the exodus. That doesn't mean you can slither in and bring your bullshit with you. If you still insists on shitting up a thread on Shekel Citzen's engine change and inevitable death, because OP linked to Nichegamer, you fucking need Jesus. >>>/christian/

It effectively is. Crytek is on its deathbed and the only game in town according to CiG was Jeff Bezos' pet goat. So grabbed that shit and are going to totally butcher it even worse than Futaba has been butchered by halfchan.

I'm talking about the game called Automation, video related.

that's no planet

fair enough

It is actually about closing a deal with Amazon since all the public servers of games developed on that engine are bound by contract to use Amazon service. SC is a high profile game with a lot of fabricated hype behind it, Amazon is probably trying to capitalize that to raise awareness about their ignored engine and to get more people to use their servers (and that streaming shit).
Other than that, little to nothing is changing on the development of the game.

They do the exact same shit to this one. It's a repetition of a procedure you've already done, it will take back the development by two weeks to one month at most, hardly relevant considering all the other shit they still haven't dealt with.
Also, they never bought the license to modify the source code, only the AAA package, which includes access to source code, but no right to change it or change the engine name. All the little changes they might have done are irrelevant when it comes to porting to another version of Cryengine 4 (like Lumberyard).
The engine change might also have something to do with the current financial situation of Crytek. Unlike CIG, Amazon bought the whole package from Crytek, they can change the source code of the engine, publish without handling a single shekel to Crytek and stop including Crytek's logo/name on the game.

considering their incredibly poor track record to this point I fully expect them to waste the entirety of 2017 on it.

It really isn't. RSI has absorbed half of the Crytek team.

The first thing which comes to mind considering Amazon's server infrastructure. Roberts and Amazon are going to trade tech, Amazon gets some of the engine blueprints, Roberts gets what Star Citizen desperately needs.

I'm not sure if they have any value at all, but yeah, they will probably try to get as much as possible and CIG will agree to it because they need the cash.

not paranoia, I've seen this happen to multiple forums which I've been a member of in the last few years

On a side-note: This looks pretty rad, I'd love to toy around with an engine creation system, hopefully it won't be shallow shit. I'd also like to have a chassis creator on it, but that's just too much to ask.

Feels bad

They probably have as much value as Amazon can make of it. If the company was looking to make headway in production platforms to compete with Unreal an Unity, Star Citizen and the Crytek engine would be a great start.

Nigger, they need to make money, they need advertisers, Retards saying nigger and muh nazi 24/7 are bad publicity for the advertisers.
It is not that hard. If they start regulating messages beyond certain words, it will be problem, until then, fuck off. What would you achieve crying about it in advance? Is it irrational to ban the use of the word nigger or retards talking about nazism on a video games site when it is well known that it can affect their money income?

I don't go to forums or game news sites, never.

They already have all of Cryengine 4 since they bought the complete package (source code included), but I guess you're right. If they aim to compete on the high-profile /AA canned engine market, they better get as much resources as possible. Crytek finally dying would be great for Amazon and this engine "swap" on the most relevant game that was being developed on Cryengine could also lead to that.

And that's how it starts.
And afterwards there is no turning back anymore.
It's not like, you know, we have multiple years of experiance seeing this shit happening time and time again, right?

Oh, wait, we do.
It's just that retards like yourself are completly unable to understand even the most basic principle upon which the slippery slope works.
The only saving grave I can give you is that you're one of the refugees from either cuckchanor plebbit, or god forbid from both, and if so, just fuck off back to your hugbox.

I have no sympathy for people here who got scammed by this. It was obvious from the start it was never going to amount to anything other than maybe a tech demo and ending in vaporware.

Nice concern trolling.
Fuck off.

Yes, you stop going there and consuming their shit. Have you learn anything from GG?

Now: Answer this two questions

Or fuck off.

I have been in here since day one. You go.

Same here. I feel the same way I did about the retards who fell for NMS. It was obviously bound to fail, if you were to retarded to put money into it, that's your problem. Other than pointing out an obvious scam, we can't do anything about it. Hopefully, some of them will eventually learn.

Sugoi!

Then you simply stop reading Nichegamer? See how simple that is? There are also 10 more gaming news site out there. They ain't perfect, but we are neither dependent on Nichegamer alone nor does it pop up on the first results page google for some reason.

Is that for real? Has the /vg/ organization really become much gayer than last time and used shillary propaganda as template for their crap?

Unless you have some problem with early access you should pick it up, the devs are working hard to get it done and the level of detail is like nothing else.
As for actually being able to drive your creations that has been put on the "maybe long after v1.0" list. I hope it happens but I also prefer games to limit scope and actually deliver than promise the world and release trash.

Cuckchan please, your existence is a slippery slope of retardation when you can't see the obvious.

Kill yourself retard.

Same here. Maybe BeamNG will grow to be a bit like that down the line. I read that the last update brought about a lot of improvements to gameplay and performance, it might be worth looking for a free download link to see if it works better now (last time I tried it was like a year ago).

Now comeback when you have an actual argument.

Yes, they now have a mod in their backpocket on cuckchan. They'll deny it, but whenever anyone asks about their guild's "activities", the posts will disappear within a couple of minutes, or even a few seconds, and it's always when someone rags on the Vederation, never anyone else. I've never seen the moderation respond so quickly otherwise.

So yeah, one of the cuckchan mods is a furfag running with a furfag group pretending to be a cuckchan guild. Also, the penguin poster is one of their innercircle, Plaxinov. He works quality control at Bad Dragon. Basically if a product can fit up his asshole, it's good-to-go

Isn't this supposed to be a space sim? Why are they making an FPS?

Not everyone is as retarded as worthless fencesitting cuckolds that can't do anything beyond watch their worthless Kotaku alternatives like TechRaptor and NicheGamer turn into kike garbage.

Because they can get more retards to dump money into their project if they include one of the most popular game genre into the game.

See

Answer that or fuck off.

Literally who cares about a bunch of weeb losers that jerk off to chinese cartoons in their mom's basement?

He won't.

I have been playing a bit of BeamNG since the latest patch, you are still going to need decent single core performance but it does run better than a year ago.
My i7 3930k holds over 100fps with a single car and stays above 60fps with 4 cars.

I can't see them ever having custom engines or chassis given the hack they used to get tune-able suspension working but modders might make a 3rd party program that lets you make J-beam frames with a GUI.

Why are furries such filth? It amazes me how such a sexual fetish is indicative of sick humans.

This game will end up like Elite Dangerous, released half finished because of constraints and forever stuck in a circle of shit updates.

Before the KS and the feature creep it was actually doable, now its a pipe dream.

Its most likely brain damage and the sexual attraction to animals is just a side effect

And its confirmed by them that #janiteam doesn't fucking hate them and erases anything about them? That's the alternative explanation for cuckchan janitors doing it for free hard.

Because Croberts had the "ingenius" idea of asking all Forum members what they want to have in the game. An FPS module was high on the list. Other shit that's there due to that poll are an Alien Language designed for specifically for the game, 50 SQ 42 missions overall, multicrew (something Elite still hasn't), an additional studio in Austin that is now closed and some more stuff. Additionally, some SC fags wants to yiff furry lolis while flying their ship, because molesting a child is apparently a normal activity you do while piloting a space ship.

Literally who cares about cares about a single idiot who wants goon and shitposter created cuckchan hostilities back? I don't. Sometimes I want to talk about anime and not scream or get screamed at by the weebs who are regulars on the fucking anime board when I talk about a certain kind of show that is considered Holla Forums-material. Its either not being an angry imbecile or covert animu threads on Holla Forums.

yup, he won't.

Nah. It will not come out at all. CiG couldn't deliver a functioning space game for over a year. I am following that shit on side since the Escapist article and I haven't seen SC having physics that work, more than one star system, a functional space port, planetary landing, mining, trading. It still has the same shit it already had last year which is bupkis whereas Elite Dangerous (as fucking cray-cray its scope may be and it is actually fucking cray-cray) has an entire Galaxy, functioning space ports where you can do everything you'll expect, mining, crime, planetary landing, wrecks, engineering, factions that do something to each other, Ayylien ruins (nobody discovers), carrier capabilities for your ships and passenger transporting and a unimportant PvP mode. Think of the business model, that is actually GW1's, what you want, but it ain't scam with a fucking cult attached to it.

>>>/gamergatehq/
>>>/newsplus/

And now he switched to torposting.

It seems to me that any kind of sexual confusion leads to mentally broken individuals. ie. a faggot and love cock and admit it and be normal enough but if that same faggot can't admit it and claims they are actually a female trapped in a male body you get all kinds of trouble.
Furfags are the same, they have an un-natural attraction and instead of just admitting it they claim they are animals trapped in human bodies.

They'll release something, they'll just slap 1.0 on their alpha and be done with it.

That's literally the point. You can barely discuss good anime like jojo there, and great anime like Umaru is untouchable since they start screaming about shit. They are angry little virgin losers that can't enjoy a single good thing if it isn't obscure enough. why the fuck would you want to talk with them? If you want to discuss anime you can use Holla Forums or even, g-d forbid, Holla Forums. Both allow discussion of anime because they know what a shitshow /a/ is. Don't put the blame on someone else when everyone know /a/ is the worst board on Holla Forums.

All you need for this is money. There's people out there that specialize in creating new languages for movies and such.

Great. Why has the cripple to be a fucking idealist?

Something that doesn't even work? Yeah, as if that will not be playable scandal.

I heard they implemented a tunable powertrain system scripted on LUA or some shit like that. Haven't looked into it yet though, so it might be all bullshit, but if the documentation is good and the community sets itself to it, I can see a full tuning mode becoming a thing eventually. We will see I guess, I'm not buying until optimization isn't good.

The Victorian age had those faggots that would dress like old laddies just to gather and have tea parties or spank literal man-children. I guess sexually deviated faggots are a constant in humanity, it is important to keep bullying them though.

At least he will be filling those captchas more often now…

I'm not a huge fan of chink cartoons, but I got the feeling that there is some overzealous moderation issue on that board.

That will be the same amount of shit as if they don't release anything.

If you have no post history on /a/ you get banned. If you make a spelling mistake or typographical error, you get banned. If someone is offended by your opinion, no matter how innocuous, you get banned. If you discuss a series the mods don't like you get banned.

It is a hugbox for losers to circlejerk about the few series they are allowed to discuss why nervously hoping they don't have wrong think in the eyes of the mods. They scream and shout about how amazing the moderation is even off the board because the head mod is a global that likes to look into the post histories of the users on other boards.

Moderation is entirely dependent on the whims of a couple of IRC circlrejerking faggots and changes at a moment's notice.

Plus the mods on /a/ want to be able to see your report history so they can ban you for actions on other boards and reporting things they like elsewhere on the site
>>>/sudo/16257

nice lies

Implemented only a month ago due to BUI spam.
All you have to do is talk about anime, and not trear board like it's Holla Forums lite, in other words, half/a/.

8/k/ has gotten more relaxed about politics since 8/pol/ has gone to shit, it's nice when another board is willing to cover gaps left by power-tripping mods.

And what wer eyou saying about Holla Forumslite?

Hurrr intl nigger spam against /a/xDDDDDDDD

get a life you fucking meta austist its fucking chrismas, zoe quinn and her cucks spent their chrismas complaining about Holla Forums.

What's wrong with those threads?
They are anime related and fun.

forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/364217

No biggie apparently.

This is a bait post.

If you reply to this post, you have been baited.

Money that has been wasted. As I said; I follow that traniwreck on the side of all the other shit I am doing. One of the things I have learned is that Roberts loves to piss away money. Remember CiG's new Studio in Santa Barbara with the 20K Dollaridoes coffee machine? Turns out they also have spent money on designer furniture, new mocap footage they had to do, because the old one either wasn't good or didn't make sense due to massive changes to the script. New hardware, new assets, a new car and overall, everything has to be fucking perfect no matter how much fucking money it costs. I am not surprised about Chris Roberts running out of money. I am more fascinated by the fact that every company CiG has had a partnership with in the beginning of the project is almost bankrupt.

Das rite: SC will be either fucking nothing, fuck all or even more nothing.

Awww… Isn't it great? This thread's first whopper about another board. Hey, what's that?
>>>/a/596044
A fucking JoJo's Bizarre Adventure thread? What is it doing here? Find out by lurking more.

Cool lies, buddy. Have you ever been to /a/ on halfchan ante-Gamergays or shortly after the exodus?

Its because its stricter than any other image board by a huge margin. I know another guy who was part of /a/ and its related communities on halfchan and owns a board here. He told me that he and his hotpockets discussed whether they should be as strict as /a/ nee-san or not. They decided not to, because it would scare away all the newfriends they got from this very board.

I really want to do it.

How does posting a link to the jojo thread disput that?

No biggie

Good, fuck those leftist faggots.

Kill yourself goon.

So I haven't really been following this. Did the chances of this happening just drop even further? This will be the vaporware to end all vaporware. Hey, at least we might get a good class-action lawsuit out of this which gives crowdfunders legal right to sue fags who don't deliver.

No they are not.

You're being stupidly over-defensive. Just saying.

It is a minor issue compared to all the shit they are not even close to fix. This is like a drop of shit falling into a cesspool of crap and radioactive waste.

What are the bigger issues then?

And I have hardly seen anyone shitting on it or being mean to the Anons who want to discuss JoJo outside of the typical /a/-scope. They are not the biggest fans of Shounen.

Do the internet a favor and off yourself. Little secret: As soon as I am done, your antics won't work anymore.

Its always happening with that project and the only guy paying attention is some eccentric balck dude from Florida who tried to make the same game but in assburger.

Maybe its because, faggots don't know anything. Its not the first time things went horribly wrong on a board, because faggots didn't know anything about it. Just ask >>>/cow/.

Take it to sudo nobody cares about your shitty furfag tier passive agressiveness.

Talking about meta on another board is something that shit reddit says does on cuckchan.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

But muh fork, muh same core of the engine.

>Maybe its because, faggots don't know anything. Its not the first time things went horribly wrong on a board, because faggots didn't know anything about it. Just ask >>>/cow/.
The fuck I care. Go discuss your board drama elsewhere.

Pretty much everything they have shown works like shit and I'm awfully skeptical about the networking nightmare they would have to face in order to get all the "modules" to work together as promised.

Has been done before in several games (in many cases for a newer version of the same engine, which usually means dealing with way more changes than going from one fork of an engine to another one that is almost identical). Hell, games have swapped API mid development. That's not a big issue here.

gr8 b8 m8 8/8

When can we finally consider this game dead?

Derek Smart is a dumb nigger.

2016 has been mixed, lets officially call it at the start of 2017.

You're right.

It's a minor issue compared to everything else that they've fucked up and shown that they're incompetent at doing.

beamNG uses torque bruh, not cryengine

I just want you to realize that you will eventually get a new Wing Commander game and that it will be from EA and that it will be terrible.

As a PC fag who's first game ever was probably WC1, just let it go.

Interesting, do you know when they switched? This is an official beanNG video from 2012 claiming they were running CryEngine3.

When the first almost complete "open beta"/EA version of the game with most modules working together is released and people start to get mad. Then we can start harvesting the salt and having a laugh out of Chris Roberts excuses and the retards that will keep defending him.

I'm not sure if this is what he is trying to say, but BeamNG started on Cryengine 3. Other than having bad documentation, I don't think there is anything in common between the two.

Because Cryengine was a placeholder right from the start. They also wanted to get that game to work on Outerra, but both projects are/were too undeveloped to do such a thing.
I'm fairly certain some of the main devs behind Torque3D work on BeamNG too, so it's another case of engine+game development. If they finish it, the end result could be good…

Oh yeah? You mean like Duke Nukem?

GET FOR STAR CITIZEN COMING OUT AND BEING THE BEST GAME EVER

I thought your shit-eating kind was exterminated half a year ago. I must've been wrong.

Checked

Then consider the truth for a change and accept that ddcc1a is likely a assblasted liar. That's right. Its not board drama, just one huge asshole lying.

Besides that, still using Cry-Engine is a big issue. Most space sims and other games that present you huge games worlds have their own engines that are designed to power them. These are usually made from scratch. Cry-Engine is a FPS engine.

Probably next year when the collapse comes. Consider that all the funds made so far have already been spent.

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1tMAP0fg-AKScI3S3VjrDW3OaLO4zgBA1RSYoQOQoNSI/edit#gid=1694467207

Another thing is the stuff some guy on Plebbit is leaking.
dereksmart.com/forum/index.php?topic=26.0
plsstopusingplebbit.com/r/Starcitizen_Leaks/

Here are some highlights:
according to the assburger spreadsheet the income for december is 1844692 Dollarydoes so far.

Guys, I think he might be joking.

NEVER EVER

don't you have any webm's? Pictures are outdated.

I think I'll watch this series again, thanks Holla Forums

You're a big faggot, you know that?

You're an even worse subhuman than him.

(checked)
But that's wrong. Duke Nukem didn't move upward in engine version, it ditched development and the whole project while only keeping some assets (and they did that more than once). You're comparing helicopters to ants. I'm talking about swapping within the same engine, or even less complex shit like this one: swapping between Cryengine 4 and Cryengine 4. And yes, they are the same engine, unless you believe Creation engine and GameBryo are different engines (on which case you're a fucking retard).

Again. THE FUCK I CARE.

Of course they should have their own engine. There is backed engine for space sims or anything with huge map and very long range rendering with proper physic simulation and all the other shit. That's why this thing is a scam, the project is a mess through and through.
Don't ever say that again.

Women are so gross.

Are you sad because no one has taken your other bait?

The fuck are screaming? Just stop and let it die. There is no reason to lose your shit. You know that longer parts of a post are not considered part of the actual discussion in a thread here, right?

Why Is Cry-Engine not an engine designed for FPS then? I'd like to get the technical details instead of an aggressive reply.

That's Vaginal secrete, user. She got horny and wet and deciced to put some of the vagoo slime coming out into the cookie dough. In the other webm, she attempts to fucking rape him. You are welcome.

youre thinking of squirting. Squirting isn't vaginal secretion, and vaginal secretion isn't piss.

Why should I answer a question you asked someone else?

Oh my sweet, falseflagging, summer commie.
Keep dreaming and keep starving.

>Just stop and let it die
No U

Sorry for being so aggressive, I'm deeply ashamed by my behavior.
Anyway. The technical explanation isn't complex at all: Unless there is some hard limitation in the engine that doesn't allow to change the camera fixing point, there is no such a thing as a "FPS engine". The engine lends itself to FPS as much as it does to point-and-click adventure games, TPS shooters or even 3rd person games with melee focus. I'd say the engine is aimed at a certain scale for the game, but that's about it.

What other bait? Are you referring to my observation that Shekel Citizen is a complete scam?

Still fucking disgusting. I will never understand how anyone could be attracted to the horrors that is the vagina, rather than a nice aesthetic cock on a well-built man.

The cash grab you dare calling a game is still shit regardless, Derek.

But Derek is the guy who's been constantly insulting Star Citizen…

Should've used UE4. Either way, it's shit.

Fair enough. Also adds up to the capabilities of all other game engines out there. Doesn't change the fact that Cry-Engine can't power a space sim.

Yeah, I know. Pic releated.

UE 4 didn't exist in 2011 when they allegedly started the project.

Well it helps that not all men are flaming faggots like you.

For a hundred million you can.

Really? Either way UE 3 was a good solution as well, look at Vanishing of Ethan Carter. It started as a UE3 game, porting it to UE4 was nearly effortless and painless for the developer. It loses out in some ways but gains tremendously in UE4.

I stand by my original assessment, they should have just used Unreal Engine.

Speaking of Outerra, there were a bunch of games planned for it.

A military sim., a flight sim. etc.

Whatever happened to that?

You fell for the porn meme, it's just piss.

Nothing faggy about liking the aesthetic of cocks lads, it's just admiration of the beauty, of the male form. :^)

They are making progress and it looks really good, the catch is they only have a licence to sell them to governments and not private customers so it looks like it's going to be another BISim that plebs like us can never touch.

Is that true? I tried so hard to get girls to squirt and it never happened. I thought it was me not doing it right.

They're just praying the economy crashes so they can take the money and run.

Nah, you a faggot. Girls have pleasing feminine forms, dicks look awful. If I didn't need it to stand up and pee and to fuck, I'd tell my dick to fuck off.

SOMEONE here's a faggot, alright.

Shhh, no reasons, only shitposting while pointing fingers and laughing, like all the retards before him that weren't aware of the extreme similarities between Cryengine 4 and Lumberjack yet still started saying "now the project is doomed for good".
Regardless, I don't think this was a traditional cash grab (like that zombie game from a couple of years ago that got EA release multiple times under different names). This was more of undisciplined and unorganized fame-hungry hacks trying to get their egos wanked while being payed for that. The fact that they though doing this was a good idea is a good proof of that, they have no fucking idea how to manage a project, almost as bad as Yandere dev.

They should have made their own engine.

You would need to rewrite a whole lot of shit. At that point, you're better off writting your own engine, like Elite Dangerous is doing or like Outerra is doing. Of course, that takes a shit load of time and you can't start to get money and fame as quickly.

You still need more time… and better management of your resources.

Milsim is doing well, but still not even close to becoming a game (like ARMA), it still on the "actual military simulator for armies only" stage.
The other games I know about are the flight sim (still no proper flight model for an actual game, only JSBsim, which -while flexible- isn't very performance efficient). And the game the devs are making which hasn't advance one bit because the engine doesn't even run on x64 yet.

They already said there will be an "entertainment" version for it, don't expect to play anything in a year or two from now, but it is bound to happen considering it can be an additional way to profit out of the work they are putting into the proper military simulator.

Nah, that would imply that trannies are actually human, and not mutant freaks.

Making your own engine is a pretty massive undertaking. It's not something you can just do in a 6 month time span. Minecraft took a long while before the survival mode was good to go, and it took how many years until it was released as 1.0? I mean it still sucks, yeah, but it was still in development for a long while.

Bit gay lad ngl.

Banished is the perfect counter example, one guy made the engine and the game. The main reason he could do this is he planned out the entire game before starting on the engine and only had to make very minor changes later, CIG couldn't do this because they need to keep promising new features to extract all the shekels.

Just when you think their degeneracy couldn't get any lower.

I'll have to check it out. I wonder how much revision the Terraria engine has overgone over the last 7 years.

I'm unsurprised by any of this.

I know, but that's the only way to do it right. Everything else is just asking for troubles.

He probably doesn't dress up his dick with qt outfits and take pictures of it.

That fag could have done so much more. A shame he stopped where he did.
And, again, as "slow" as some might think Dangerous Elite is going, they are making their own engine and a game at the same time. Chances are the final result will be good and will deliver way more than SC will ever be. Of course, it has a long way ahead before it gets there, but at least it is advancing on the right direction.
As you said, you can't get money without wild claims, that's the main issue between SC and any other good project.

I can't disagree, I say "it's a massive undertaking," but I'm the fucking dumb ass writing his own engine as a for fun project.

Croberts and the people surrounding him have fucked up projects again and again. Cf. Freelancer, Conquest and his Hollywood career. Which is all the worse because Roberts is actively trying for something bombastic and blockbuster-like as possible.

It's almost cute that the zombies inhabiting SA try to pretend they always thought Star Citizen would wind up as a wreck.
But then again the same fags who fell over themselves putting out Goondolences over VileRat getting killed at Benghazi now relentless shit on him because his mother was on TV every other week calling for the heads of Obama and Hillary.

Smh lad, what is wrong with people.

SC is a joke

If I thought CIG could actually deliver what they have already promised I would support the idea of being able to mix a few pre-determined races if only for the emergent race wars.

Wait, what happened to break the goons out of their cult trance?

About the only good thing Hillary did was ensure a goon got killed.

Pretending SC would ever deliver, being able to make death squads and coalitions against all furries/otherkin to hunt them down until extinction would be fun as fuck. And the salt on the forums would be fucking amazing, I can almost imagine the Kotaku article talking about racism in video games, shit would be more than just fun.

I think you're misunderstanding the situation quite severely. You see, it's not "now the project is doomed". The project was clearly doomed years ago. In fact, one could very reasonably predict its doom before their original kickstarter was even over. This is not "Star Citizen is now doomed", this is "lets continue to laugh at how incompetent these devs are and how there are actually people out there who expect to get a game out of this whole situation".

The thing is, this engine change is really a couple of weeks to a month set-back in the worst case scenario. It is literally nothing.

That's not literally nothing. It's something to laugh at. Star Citizen is nothing more than something to make fun of. That's all it ever has been.

through the fire and faggot

Well, making fun at everything (even irrelevant changes like this one) makes you look like a know-nothing retard. That's my stance.
Laugh at how they started mo-cap without having a script, laught at how they hired a complete team of artist and asset makers without even knowing what they were going to make, laugh at all the shit they promised. Not some minuscule and probably reasonable (considering that they need money and a fucking solid netcode to even attempt to deliver what they promised) change.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skene's_gland#Structure_and_function
Who knows, really?

And that video has been removed for "hate" speech.

hmm..

reuploaded .

Interesting, that gets pulled for hat speech yet this has over 9m views.

Bunch of goons snapped out of it after recognizing the inevitable shitshow. They're now helping Smart.

>>>/reddit/

Blacks can't be racist or homophobic because discrimination equals (power+prejudice) multiplied by melanin level^(-1).

That doesn't make sense because here is a white guy being sexist and homophobic and it has nearly 400m views. It's almost like there is some kind of privilege that can be inherited or earned that has nothing to do with race or sex.
I think they call it wealth.

A hundred million will do that.

But people don't like Eminem for his money, he's just famous and "cool".

Why people like him isn't relevant, the fact they do like him makes him a commodity to be traded and banning his videos would basically be a trade embargo against his label.

Derek is an even bigger scammer than Chris, stop sucking his dick

No.

I made the same mistake but I didn't back that much. I fell for it back when it was just going to be a space dogfighting game with fancy physics which pleases my autism and the scope was small enough that they could reasonably complete it in 3 years max. Then the whole persistent universe and landing on planets shit started and my refund was refused.

Fuck kikestarter, never again. The good games that have come from it are only relatively tiny projects like FTL and Shovel Knight, no big studio has ever proven themselves on that garbage and as much as I'd like to be proven wrong I doubt they ever will.

Financing a ridiculous autism simulator from your own pockets while offering all your previous assburger games for free is not a scam.

Promising everything and the age of the holy Ghost, asking goons and forum dads with a poll what else to promise and then promising them all that and having a F2P shop without a game is scam. Whether the game comes out or not doesn't matter at this point. The damage is already done. There have been people who have spent all their money on the game that doesn't even exist yet. Some went into debt for all the space ship JPEGs. There have been people who ruined their marriages over the game that doesn't exist yet. I shit you not; There are people who are going to fucking kill themselves over the game that doesn't exist yet. See that SA thread? I used to have an archive of it.I read it and can confirm that those goons have formed a suicide pact for the case the SC doesn't come out or disappoints.

It will be fucking glorious. So many dead goons will proper humanity into a new golden age.

Your funposting detector is broken, m8.

I kind of hope Shenmue 3 will deliver a reasonably good game (a Shenmue game, with all the good and bad things that come along with it). People will expect too much out of it, as they would if HL3 was announced, but the game I'm fairly confident that it will deliver.
Of course, I didn't back that shit though, I don't back anything: you want money, give me a product; if your product requires investors, go get them elsewhere; if you can't get them that's too fucking bad.

Don't be confident in anything, that's what I learned. DaS1 is my favorite game of all time so when DaS2 was announced I preordered it as soon as it was available without looking at any trailers, screenshots, or gameplay beforehand. Then it turned out to be aggressively mediocre and I learned to never get hyped for anything ever again. I thought Bloodborne was gonna be shit (and it has some problems) but my roomate got it for her PS4 and I was nothing but pleasantly surprised by it. I also expected No Man's Buy to be hot garbage and instead of crying about it on release like I would have a couple years ago I was laughing at all the retards that fell for it.

You can't lose if you don't expect anything. I even expect NieR Autobot Devastation to be shit and if I'm wrong then awesome and if I'm right I'll be laughing.

Wasteland 2 was kickstarted and it was pretty good.

I know it's shitposting but it still makes me sad, the guys behind , could be the next Eminem but that won't happen because "hate speech" laws will stop them getting exposure early when it's most vital.

Isn't Eminem just a nigger with white skin?

Kingdom Come: Deliverance funnily enough seems to be the only big Kickstarter project so far to actually "deliver".

I may be slightly biased in my opinion of it as it is essentially my dream game, though I never backed it.

I heard the first half was boring as shit. I'm fine with games that aren't fun when they start out if they can eventually be fun indefinitely but not if the game doesn't have endless content/replayability (mostly referring to Dorf Fort and Dota 2 here).

Also I'm not big on CRPGs because the combat and exploration suck despite what value they might have in story or character builds.

How much of it is a game by now? I haven't seen any gameplay of it on Holla Forums before outside of one early combat demo and I come here pretty regularly. Is it available to the public? Is it fun?
I'm skeptical of it anyways though because I hate "muh realism" games and that seems to be exactly their goal.

Top fucking heh.
Also
Can't laugh hard enough.

That's a bit of a stretch, it isn't that great. Still, he is part of a radio show, it's not like he stopped working for good. At best, he could aim to be a new Weird Al Yankovic.

I hope they fix the shitty performance. Other than that, it seems to be what it wanted to be, a very detailed medieval game about doing medieval things in a medieval setting. Will probably buy it if they get it to run correctly.

Listen to his lyrics then compare them to the average black rapper, make up your own mind.

The first half was solid, but the second lacked polish in some areas, like they ran out of time/money. But for the most part it was a great game.

Factorio and Rimworld are also early access games that are already great.

There is no legitimate reason to disallow people from saying things like "nigger".

It's a certain kind of changirl that makes this sorta shit.

The game is almost done, they are now mainly focused on fixing all of the placeholders, optimization, and bugfixing.

There was an open beta which was available for the backers for about a year now and they kept regularly updating it.

Now, they have moved to make the final adjustments and all that, however they already have the game pretty much finished, at least the gameplay is.

It really looks like they are going to release in 2017 as they originally promised.

This is the first I have heard of this, looks good but I'm a little worried about the console ports and cutscenes.

Except for monetary reasons to keep the site going and getting some profit out of your work. Don't like it, go to another site. We argue this shit already, it's a stupid complain from people that doesn't want to acknowledge how the real world works.

That's called shill hivemind.

As long as they are console ports and not the other way around, it should be THAT awful.

I'm really looking forward to this game even though I'll be playing it on PS4.

You don't even want to know how good of a goy I used to be. I bought FO3 and Oblivion 3 times (Xbox 360 normal version, 360 GOTY, then PC version), I preordered Burchlands 2, I preordered Diablo 3 (didn't even play the previous Diablos), bought every COD game until I became a battlefag, bought every Gears of War game (up to 3), preordered Skyrim, and I thought Fallout 3 was the best game ever made. DaS1 made me hate all those games and getting burned by DaS2 made me never preorder again. I guess for that I can thank it but I'm still mad about that garbage.

EWWW! Motherfucker! :^)

Jew detected.

I prefer PC but all I have is a 5 year old laptop. It works for most things, especially if I great creative with tweaking the .ini and some assets, but no way it could play that game.

The video I linked is on their official channel. They have a whole series of video updates. You can also look up some videos from the open beta or pirate the beta yourself

Holy shit!
I'm fucking speechless right now.

And why on earth did you buy a PS4?

I didn't, it was a gift. At least I get to play Bloodborne, silly user.

he still decided to go for a gay genre.

The song's vague shitting, beyond admitting he's a nigger with white skin and something about censorship, like every other Eminem song.

Don't feel too bad. Most of us were there before. Most had their good goy stage before waking up to smell the ashes.

I only started buying games when I turn 20/20 something to start supporting some devs, before that, I only pirated all of my shit. Purchase exceptions being some MMO and online games like Battlefield 2.

TAKE YOUR MEDS
A
K
E

M
E
D
S

>they have no arguments other than "muh circlejerk gamergate"

It's about ethics in chan culture acshuallee!!1!

Oh God, you're one of those retards that spammed our /new/ to death, literally kill yourself you worthless sack of shit.

This is one of those anti-memes that no one but retards trying to spread it use and identifies them as worthless retards.

Whatever you say, worthless asshole. How does it feel to hit rock bottom so hard, that you have nothing better to do than screaming incoherent bullshit at people, because they have principles. Maybe you should take a second look at Christ. >>>/christian/

Take your meds drumpfskins ;^)

Gears was fine up until Judgment though.

(you)

;^)