Worms

Which version is the best for you?

i used to love Worms games as a kid. Then i ran out of friends. they're sorta entertaining, but boring when you're alone. its a game that you can play for brief periods but you really need friends to make it fun.

also 2D ones are the best, fuck all the 3D ones.

I remember playing WWP as a kid. It was fun. Would like to play it again.

>tfw brother got starcraft 64 and i got worms armageddon one day

Worms Armageddon is objectively the best game in the series.

Armageddon is unparalleled.

no other worms game comes close to Armageddon

in fact armageddon got last update in 2013 despite being released in 1998 and Team17 was rigtfully afraid of putting it on steam since it overshadows other games including the newest WMD one

I still have my Armageddon disk. Seroisly one of the best games i've ever played.

Worms 4

these guys are objectively right

I got around this mostly due to the fact that I was so fucking good with the ninja rope that I could parkour across the entire map, lay a grenade next to the CPU player where it would blast it into the water, and then escape to a strategic position, in a single turn.

If they're that afraid why can't they just make a new Worms game that isn't shit?

You can't improve on perfection. Armageddon is as flawless a game as is possible; there can be no additions or removals or changes that would improve it.

All the new ones, even WWP, have less features than Armageddon.

My favourite was the 3D one

Same

I like the finn one.

Worms forts was good.

Been playing world party online with friends. The janky touhou worms clone from the toho netplay thread is funny too

The big one.

because they can either milk out the perfection adding only new gimmicks on top of it, causing the formula to stagnate and ruin it in the process, or try to innovate and reinvent the game while trying to chase after something they already had with their previous hit. T17 chose the later.

too bad the weapons are extremely underpowered compared to the terrain the fights are going on. and tricky shoots, which is bread and butter of worms games, are nigh impossible due to inprecise controls

Same.

ill play pretty much any worms, as long as i have someone to play with.
i wasnt very fond of the campaign in armageddon, id rather just do deathmatches.

This, it's my choice for favorite game.
I don't even play it that much anymore, but it borders perfection so much it makes the choice easy. It only needs proper mod support, that's why I'm hype about 4.0 never ever happening ;_;.

Yes, it was a pretty good spin off.

Is WMD any good? I've been playing Armageddon sparsely with my friends but I wanted to try some of the newer ones.

Vehicles and crafting were underwhelming additions if you ask me. Crafting in particular creates busywork on your own turn and during the enemy's turn (since you will always at least want to scrap one of the infinite weapons, such as the bazooka or grenade). The rope still feels weird, the physics are completely new, etc. It's its own thing

The game's terrain looks amazing, but the Worms look like shit, and are poorly animated. The game is a pale shadow of WA's greatness and customization is just not there (yet). I recommend getting it cheap, it's not bad but not essential

I played Liero and other finnish shareware games an absolute fuckton. Loved every second of it.

That game has the shittiest worms ever, seriously they are worse than the GBC ones even without considering specs.
I don't understand why they keep trying to change them, the W2 worms are perfect as they are. Don't make then look like bootlegs for fucks sake.

Anyone else here that liked the DS game?

The PSP version was better.

git gud

Got both Armageddon and 3D at the same time

Never got into Armageddon but I really fucking loved 3D.

the first worms 3d is my favorite. i know it isn't popular with the 2d players, and also for whatever reason it's sequel is more popular (i dislike it's level design much more, less small worms in a big world, more worms sized palaces and surreal shit). i really like it's physics and as mentioned i loved the feeling of traversing a land full of small things which were huge to the player, the same feeling i would get in games like unreal instagib or padman with their maps based on a similar concepts, greatest singleplayer of all of them. i have played worms 2 online and it is very enjoyable, many players though are all very skilled and it has a high barrier to entry

I disagree, the DS one was better.

I thought both were good, they weren't much different