Fighting Game General: Merry Christmas

The previous thread has to hit 700 posts or be on page 13 before we make a new thread from now on.

The PC version is out on Steam. Costs U$49.99 for standard, U$64.99 with DLC (Kum, Dizzy, Raven, every Voice Pack, Color Pack and SIGN costume for Elphet)
Bonus Soundtrack during the 1st month for every purchase.
10% discount on the first week. People who own SIGN get additional 10% (20% total).

Congratulations to Saint for winning the The King of Iron Fist Tournament Grand Finals
Kuma and Panda announced. They're different characters now with different moves and rage arts.
Console version will feature an online tournament mode where people can play out tournament brackets with each other online, with single-elimination and double-elimination, both settings included.

Akuma revealed for Street Fighter V season 2. He'll come on December 20th.
Season 2 announced with Akuma and 5 more characters teased coming in 2017.
Many changes coming on December 20th like a big balance patch for the cast.

Patch 1.10 revealed at PSX with graphical improvements, two new colors for each character, many new icons, titles and Party Mode special effects. This update will be free.
KOF XIV World Championship detailed. In Tokyo, the 16 contenders will face each other to determine who's the strongest four players. Then, in Beijing, China the Grand Final will take place in mid-March.
Arcade version coming to the new NESiCAxLive2 system. More info in February.

Ironman, Captain Marvel(Carol Danvers), Captain America, X, Ryu and Morrigan have been confirmed for Marvel vs. Capcom Infinite. It won't feature assists but tag ins are available at all times. The system will revolve around choosing from one of the Infinity Gems to customize your team, each having a different effect.

Steam version released for U$29.99.
PC version adds new victory animations, colors, animated stage backgrounds and settings in training mode are now saved. All DLC are included and is the most currentupdated version of the arcades (ver 1.08).

New free costume for Thunder announced.
Skin pack coming in december
Definitive Edition available on Windows10 too.

More news coming in 2017.
Red Hood(Jason Todd) won Boon's "Robin poll" on twitter between him, Nightwing(Dick Grayson) in 2nd and Robin(Damien) in 3rd.

Arcana Heart 4 was announced at an event being held by Examu recently. There's going to be a Patreon style campaign for the game.
Garou: Mark of the Wolves available for PS4/Vita(Crossbuy/Crossplay, U$14.99) and PC(U$9.99)
PS4/Vita made by Codemystics. Features gallery, media player. Delay based netcode.
PC version handled by DotEmu. Rollback netcode used. It released with some bugs. DotEmu already addressed the issue and promised a patch will be coming soon.
Yakuza 6 was released in Japan. It features Virtua Fighter 5 Final Showdown playable as one of its the extra games. Local multiplayer only. Online supported only with the Share-play feature. Yakuza 6 will be released in west, early 2018.

Download and register for Fightcade here:
fightcade.com/

Get the full rompack over here:
mega.nz/#F!EoJjwSLB!Tukuk9bZAa7YXXxKNVHorw

Website with mods: w11.zetaboards.com/SFxT_Mods/topic/11497627/1/

Steam group:
steamcommunity.com/groups/fightans

>>>/fighters/

For most fightan in general:
wiki.shoryuken.com/
dustloop.com/wiki/
wiki.mizuumi.net/

For fundamentals in ST (still applies to other games):
youtube.com/watch?v=d0cFs5mHQC4&list=PL6702E3DD763555D9

Maj's footsie guide:
sonichurricane.com/?page_id=1702

The Beginner's Incomplete guide to KOF (please watch this if you want to get into KOFXIV):
youtube.com/watch?v=Ye3KVgI1LvU
dreamcancel.com/how-to-play/
KOF Shortcuts/Sequential Buffering: dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=168.0

KOF XIV Combo & Tech: youtube.com/playlist?list=PLYOYeNKeV7TsbPWCQo03--oA7iB5KYpNg

Guilty Gear Crash Course:
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLj34EySs1IeZ8GpjKW8R2T6dzI6B3GSuH

Airdash Academy: youtube.com/watch?v=HWfk3tOJjaQ&list=PLj34EySs1IeaAqwsVY_P43mP13AD1Pp3R

The Complete Killer Instinct Guide by Infil: ki.infil.net/characters.html

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/user/biffotasty/videos
archive.is/MRZvE
archive.is/U5nx8
shoryuken.com/2016/12/19/street-fighter-v-season-two-pass-now-available-for-purchase-servers-down-for-maintenance-tomorrow/
archive.is/BglxG
archive.is/qYden
nichegamer.com/2016/12/15/new-snes-japanese-fighting-game-unholy-night-launching-february-2017/
archive.is/KJu9L
shoryuken.com/2015/01/26/bandai-namcos-katsuhiro-harada-wants-to-develop-a-fighting-game-mega-crossover/
nerfnow.com/comic/1974
mega.nz/#!j8Fz3RBL!n6Sv-s92jvQLIvyXc_h35S2SV9rPtdaqnHdl_jGi8EM
discord.gg/XR47Qtr
youtube.com/watch?v=DICYkwchH00
youtube.com/watch?v=C3fpVjVrK6I
segabits.com/blog/2016/12/28/english-puyopuyotetris-trophies-discovered-for-playstation-4/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

mains part 1

mains part 2. these are for the third template.

So can I unlock characters in SFV from currency earned by playing?

Fighting games are for niggers.

Whats better for a nub:
Repeating special moves in training
or
Actually fighting online?

Actually fighting. Knowing all the combos don't do shit in the

I have a severe problem that i want to solve. I can't play games that lack the color green. I'm not talking about the shit tier light or dark green, oh no. What a proper game needs is a lively shade of lime green; the color of nature, right choices and a happy lifestyle. If i have to give an example, Blazblue Calamity Trigger severely lacked a healthy dosage of green in its aesthetic. Sure there was Bang but
Stop fucking with me. As a result that game ended up being total shit. At least for me. But the good people at Arc System Works quickly recognized their mistake and added Hazama in the sequel Continuum Shift. He has an interesting playstyle revolving around green snakes, his hair is green, color palette overall began to include more green and everyone became happy. This same reason is also why i can't get into Guilty Gear. Their colors all clash with each other, creatin a clusterfuck of a show and yet there's no proper green to be seen at anywhere. I don't want to play as red hothead or blue handsome or orange kid or blue yellow black white dark-green ms. my wings are moving on their own, i want to feel the liveliness and the joy of a character. When i found that Raven from would be appearing as a DLC for GGXrd #Revelator i was super excited because he was kick ass to play as in Overture but no, they turned him into some edgy ying yang boring anime psychopath number 8.

are there any recordings of the full uniel toushinsai tournament? i can only find the finals

you need both

figure out a mixup & combo for midscreen and one for the corner and then take them online and learn new things as you run into problems that you need to solve. also make sure to watch you matches.

go in training mode until you have like 1 combo and 2 set ups (the combo should lead into the set ups).
Play online for a good bit till it feels pretty natural and then consider learning more.

Play DBZ Infinite world, become a Piccolo or Cell main and have all the green you could ever want. Or not since Infinite world is pretty much a dead game and has been for nearly 10 years

Yes.

It's a copypasta.

Anyone knows if the Nitroplus Blasters console version is as updated as the PC version?

Constantly fight and watch videos of how good players play your character. Watch your replays to see how you can improve then. You will naturally learn how to chain things better as you play more. But if execution is that much of a problem. Try out missions so you can beat the combo into muscle memory.

I needed an excuse to post DBZ Infinite world in the thread

In all seriousness, the "big" SFV patch just made it even shittier? I refuse to believe Alex and Zangief are even worse now.

The Christmas KoF XIV themes are up for free in NA if anyone was waiting for them

Anyone have the NESICAxLive dump magnet posted a few threads back?

posting, here's the small and new list.

get in a lot of matches and be able to record them in some way, watch and rewatch them to see if you do any patterns or predictable stuff.
also for absolutely anything you got damage on, ask yourself what you could've done to have prevented that.

is the copy pasta really about someone going full autistic for a specific color of green or has user edited it?

and here's the big ass list, with secondaries.

Christmas Chunner V
Lol at the sudden Shadow Lady Combo

youtube.com/user/biffotasty/videos

Old but gold.

I updated it after so long.

lol awesome

Is it better to play SFV on PC or PS4? I have both.

PC, you can turn of V sync to drop the delay.

Not bad, but some of these games you have on here are pretty much NEVER EVER games.

There are two versions of Street Fighter: The Move: The Game with the same name but by different developers.

That's true, but I still don't see why Street Fighter The Movie The Game needed two slots.

Honestly, to fill space. If you've got something better in mind I'd gladly replace them.

well, since you already have SamSho 5 Special and 6 on there, why not SamSho 2?

>no Pocket Rumble
C'mon, user, step it up.

I have the first two, look harder. Pocket Rumble I think is new though.

B-but I looked through them all. What the fuck man. Hang on.

Well fuck me, there they are. Was looking for Yatagarasu, not AoC so that messed me up. But yeah, Pocket Rumble is mostly done from a versus standpoint. They're missing a character out of 8, so far not awful for an Early Access game. Last Fight also exists if you don't have that. It's that French Power Stone knockoff.

hot damn that's a lot of games.
but I already got so much work into my big ass list to just pick up a new one, I'm just gonna keep filling it with more games I learn or at least have a favorite character.
that game was pretty fun thanks for reminding me about it, I wonder if I still have my copy.

Just saw Desk's Ryu video. They…they didn't even touch the shit balance in this game. I guess Nash is still a faggot.

Desk is a combo guy; he doesn't care about capcom's attempts at balance…

92 pages of patch notes later and SFV still can't even connect me to my friends playing it.

Expecting balance change to affect loading times/netcode/UI/non-gameplay features…

Noice

It's not unrealistic to expect patches to make progress in resolving connectivity issues, which has been the case for many games in the past. Great intellect signalling though, you look really smart!

But namefag, load times increased.

Am i the only one that finds GG gameplay just too rushdown style. I was watching the EVO top 8 of this year and if that is what a top player can do in this game then i am dissapointed. In most matches players can barely take a breath under all the pressure, and if they dont start the pressure themselves right away then its almost game over in 2 - 3 combos.

Also does arc sys ever patch their game? Comentators said there was a known glitch and unblockable setups but the later where a "feature" at this point.

I was considering getting this game but after watching this tournament , i am thoroughly convinced its not for me.

I couldn't get SFV until March 2016 (lol budgeting) but now after expecting for it to improve after months, I'll skip it

Play Shimmy Fighter V-trigger. Rushdown is the only way to play because it has to be exciting for e-sports! /s
Zoners are dead,,,,

I just can't get used to King of Fighters's inputs

Do all weeb games use the quarter circle to half circle inputs

why are there so many half circles
why are there so many double half circles

why can't one character just have quarter circle and switchup quarter circle normal inputs forward and back

why god

Also Off-topic, but Natsu in Soul Caliber 5 should be fucking banned from every tier list. Infinite combo with an unblockable attack using the taunt to cancel and cut frames.

Because doing inputs is fun.

NOT ON MY FUCKING FINGERS
MY HANDS ARE SORE

also I have a job moving shit around all day so that doesn't help either

Have you considered getting a stick?

You are like a little baby.

nope. for me it's always been D-pad.

The real secret to soft hands is not giving a shit about lotion
because that shit ends up making the skin more rough for whatever reason.

Street Fighter V really changed all the fucking inputs to be fucking stiff as fuck, it used to be so fluid before the 3D shift. Same with King of fighters, It used to be that characters had fluid motion and at least a FEELING of momentum from jump to ground, every action would lead into the other instead of having this annoying split second delay where your character stops dead that fucks with your timing.

Fighting games have gotten worse, Guilty Gear XX was way better, Street Fighter 3 was way better, etc. Now everything feels clunky.

It's because of SFV's still stupidly high delay

welcome to real fighting games fag
too bad SF is baby's first tier

also kof alsways had intolerant inputs
maximum impact is terach

It wasn't even SF that was my first fighting game, it was Soul Calibur.

do you also play tekkem
are you burger
slow brain

slow hands
unfortunate

Yeh, yeh, no

Use a keyboard.

yes

Try it, at worst you'll have a hard time doing full circles and pretzels.

Nothing can match the mechanical precision of a keyboard.
Slap your directions on WASD for instance.
Now put Punch on Y for instance.
Ho fast can you type "sdy"?
Because that's how fast you pull a hadoken.
dsdsy = shorykuen

You follow me?
Half circles are easy as shit. ASD, bam it's done.

I've done it before, and it fucks up my game. Whereas with a d-pad all I have to do is slide, on the keys if I try that shit i have to move my movement fingers out of the way to slide, or do it with three fingers when one's weaker then the other (index vs ring) which creates an imbalance and the whole "can do it on one side but fucks up the other one" thing.

D-pad is best thanks to having the other fingers of the hand open for the shortcut trigger keys, I just need to get used to the input. When I was a kid I hated the shoryuken input because I sucked and couldn't do it because I was a kid. But with this the whole problem is unlearning muscle memory to learn an input, which is fucking with me. I know TOO MUCH and got complacent and somehow never encountered a rocking chair input until a game was full of them.

Why you do this?

It's impractical.

Anyone can do that shit and make shit like that in training mode given enough time, but people who do combo videos tend to suck in actual matches because they didn't factor in the actual opponent.

Boards don't hit back.

Nothing can match the mechanical precision of a keyboard but can your fingers keep up? Can you reliably pull off dsawd without jumping before or after the input?

What is the most popular 3d fightan?
Tekken? VF? DoA?

I think its Tekken.

I'm going to blow your fucking mind here:

Do a quarter circle back motion, then just do a quarter circle forward motion and the super will come out. For a half circle back to half circle forward just press forward and then do the exact same thing. I use a keyboard though, D-pads are fucking shit for fighting games.

Yes actually. You just press forward, do a reverse hadouken and then press up with the button quickly following. I practiced with Tizoc in MotW training mode and now can do walking forward SPDs on both sides with keyboard. With double half circle I just press forward reverse hadouken motion twice, it is so much easier than a controller once you put a little practice in and it was quicker to pick up than a stick. I know it may sound crazy to you but the keyboard is a legitimately great input device for Fighting games.

You don't even need the second S. I tap D, let go quickly, hold S and then D down again for a 100% reliable diagonal input and then press attack. Back when I used a controller I had to know they were jumping beforehand but with keyboard it is so quick that I can do them on reaction.

Why

As a complete shitter, I can only agree.
>can't figure out how to jump cancel consistently with my Q1 meme stick

Tekken is way easier to play on pad than stick. Also, fuck you, playing the arcade version of 5 with a pad was an awesome experience.

If by popular you mean least dead. it's Tekken.

only matters when you are trying to play with a second person on the keyboard.
If you're pressing more than 3 keys at a time, you already fucked up your input.

I think V trigger and V reversal are actually a great addition to SF V, akin to what Instinct and Shadow Counters do in Killer instinct, the purpose of them is to spend meter to change the tide of the fight, they are comeback mechanics more than rushdown helpers

There are many players showing up in top 8's using a gamepad, the guy that won the Capcom Cup was using a fucking dualshock 4, so IMO it's not a matter of an input device being superior to another but what device is the one that best fits you.

Now that i think of it…..no i never seen a patch for a GG game, i think they just do their "ex plus + R alpha zetta gamma" re releases instead

Didn't you need a stick to make Viper work in SF4 though? I know Wolfkrone was one of the few Vipers who used a pad, but I heard her shit was hard to pull off on a pad

Well, kinda sucks for people who like a more methodical and carefull aproach to fighting games.
I enjoy the constant pressure and fast-pace though. GG always had several tools you could use to reverse the tide of battle though, and the best matches are the one's where they keep trading blows and the winner has 5% HP at the end.

play Guile. If one character can zone in SFV, its him.

How annoying is it to unlock characters if you don't buy the passes?

It's a pretty shitty grind.

100k FM is a lot man. Its certainly easier to just pay the extra dosh, but you'll feel like a complete shitter after doing so.

Don't buy this shitty game, you fucking retard

Don't fucking buy anti consumer products chucklefuck

Every other fighting game is dead.

user, you should know that's not a good excuse for subjecting yourself to shit fighting games.

It's either that or don't play with anyone. I don't want to wait 15 minutes to find a match. I tried skullgirls and it was shit.

Just because something doesn't have a Street Fighter tier community; doesn't mean it's dead.

It kinda does. I tried the new guilty gear and could never find anyone to play with. What do you play?

There's KoF.

Don't repeat my mistake by buying Killer Instinct.

Why is it a mistake user, care to explain?

I find the online quite active and the game really good, the only downside is selling your soul to M$

They patch their games but anything involving the addition of more characters is left to another revision. So far they've only released the console version when it had 3 more characters than the arcade version, and the arcade version when it had 3 more characters than the last version.

They released a patch shortly after evo that nerfed Johnny and Sin, for example. I think Revelator's gotten 2 or 3 patches so far. archive.is/MRZvE

I heard that was pretty dead too. I don't want to wait 15 minutes. Do you need to re-confirm every time it doesn't find a match or can you leave it constantly searching while you play?

Download FIghtcade and the rompack in OP and join the Steam Fightan games group.

Right now?
Fightcade, KoF XIV, VF5:FS, Under Night In-Birth, Melty Blood, Nitroplus Blasterz and Urban Legend in Limbo.

4 Autists per game
Dead
Good but beyond dead.
Absolute garbage. Especially the character designs. And even deader than Virtual Fighter 5.
Do you just play by yourself?

Maybe SFV is best for you after all.

Total worthless garbage.

Besides selling my soul, it's an ugly piece of shit with a character balance that's still a joke (No really, for some reason, Season 3 looks like a really ugly Dreamcast game). The game's loaded with microtransactions too. The game had some input problems too around the end of season 3. Also, Killgore is fucking retarded, and fuck the guest characters like Raam and Arbiter.

Season 3 just dropped the ball despite the netcode being good.

Don't encourage him to buy shitty games.

Okay, maybe you should go back to Shoryuken Forums now. You clearly only own capcom fighters and haven't played anything else.

You can say whatever you want but the fact remains that they're all dead. You know it's a fact. Why else would you be upset? I would love to play KoF but I'm not paying full AAA price for a game without players.

He refuses to acknowledge good ones.

Under Night In-Birth, Melty Blood, Nitroplus Blasterz and Urban Legend in Limbo are total shit. Are you retarded?

this is subjective

agreed to an extent, the devs really like to shuffle stuff around, but its not as bad as it may sound.

cosmetics only, and you can even earn free characters for good with the latest update, i think its now possible to own Jago and Orchid for free just by going through the campaign mode

Yes, but i think most if not all are fixed, especially the 2 -3 characters whose inputs were suddenly reversed upon an ambiguous cross up.

the feeling is mutual

Fightcade depends on the game and depends on who is in your fighting game social circle.
I've never had to wait longer than 4 minutes for a match in KoF XIV and that wasn't in prime hours.
VF5:FS still has an active community if you follow japan prime time hours.
Under Night In-Birth and Melty Blood have dedicated niche communities, with it being really easy to get groups together. Especially Melty Blood.
Urban Legend in Limbo limbo is active as fuck since the PS4 release.
The only one that I would consider "dead" is Nitroplus Blasterz, but I'm still getting matches for it.

Nigga, you are trying to buy SFV. You're the least qualified person to judge games here, even MKfags and KIfags are above you.

I doubt it. The best players are on SFV. They could probably switch to your game and beat anyone.

Now you aren't even trying to hide that you're just shitposting

what balance change?

Get out

Every character from Season 3 looks like they came from a Dreamcast game. I don't know how they did it, but they made Kim look even uglier than her KI2 model. Tusk and Eyedol are the only two that look good.

Also, how do you fuck up the customization items like KI? Nearly none of them fit the characters at all, and almost every skin color looks like shit.

Where's that "here you can play GG or KoF" comic?

You need comics to speak for you.

Reminder that despite sucking Capcom's dick after Boxer came out, PR Rog left EG. He said he wants to sell himself as a pro player, but he also got sick of sucking dick to a shitty company for making a shitty game.

did he quit SF V?

Sounds more like a shitty sponsor problem, or personal problems between him and them. Because he just might show up playing SF again.

How does new Andy look like?

Rog was bitching about SFV on his twitter a few times because he didn't seem to like it; then Boxer came out, and he went back to cock-sucking…despite Boxer is mid or trash like the rest of the Season 1 dlcs. The reason he stated was he wants to sell himself as a pro, not as an EG pro.

Also, Rog's not the one to say EG is sleazy when he was a dick in a few tourneys (EG is a sleazy and shitty organization).

Gonna need source.

archive.is/U5nx8

Go on youtube. There are videos of Rog acting up during MvC3 or some other game.

What do cross-ups and footsies have in common?

Neither are in SFV

get off twitter faggot

make me faggot

I would but I'm too busy swapping PSN and Steam IDs with a few doujin artists

get them to do Beatrix from FFIX that woman gets no love.

What would a DQ fighting game be like?

Depends, who would develop it? I vote for SNK.

I'll keep that in mind when we start betting when playing vidya.

I wonder how puff puff would work.

I would imagine it would be a combination between DBZ and Smash.

what are ya' buyin?

K' is pretty easy on dpad
andy is not bad either since he's an easy character

Better than a buddy of mine who convinced me to buy Blazblue, then only played against me once when I destroyed him. I'm still bitter about it, I even avoid the rest of the series due to that bad experience. Because NO ONE wants to play that with me. And I have friends who will gladly play Eternal Champions CD with me.

Why is the SFV netcode so ass? Is there any fighting game that doesn't teleport you everywhere online?

sounds like someone has a bad connection

Pretty sure most modern games have better netcode. MKX's new netcode and KI for sure are better. I don't see how Capcom could cut out so much content for the casual audience AND fuck up some of the most important things to the core audience at the same time.

I was on 4-5 I guess I'll need to go 5.

Is there a reason they didn't use GGPO? Even Skullgirls uses that and feels much better. But I hate skullgirls.

It's not you. The online mode in SFV is still ass.

SFV straight up LIES about the connection sometimes. So, yeah, you almost have to go for 5 exclusively to even see some decent matches.

shoryuken.com/2016/12/19/street-fighter-v-season-two-pass-now-available-for-purchase-servers-down-for-maintenance-tomorrow/

archive.is/BglxG

Hey guys, now you too can get ready for more disappointing dlc characters by buying your 2nd seaso-CHARACTER PASS! I love how Ono and Capcom dropped the Season pass shit because no one is falling for it.

Maybe this time, Ono can keep a consistent schedule!

And you know that shitty freemium Tekken game with the slutty vampire bitch you and nobody else used seriously? Well, it's gonna die in a few months.

archive.is/qYden

I have a question. What's worse? Kuma+Panda in Tekken 7, or Harada announces Eliza for Tekken 7 FR?

The latter

Eliza for Tekken 7. I'm not saying this because I'm a bear main, but Eliza was nothing but a shit-tier gimmicky vampire bitch. The only way she can fit in 7 is if Harada does a full revamp on her, dropping the retarded, boobie-vampire shit.

How much do these people get paid?

Actually, people have been tearing SFV a new ass-hole in the comments section even though you still have a few retarded shills.

But seriously those few still defending the game to death have to be paid something.

I love it so much

It's really fun, and I love the visuals too bad that my internet is shit so I can't play it online

That reminds me the new graphixx update demo is up for download in japan right now

Any pictures of it? We are supposed to get it in January right?

There is a bunch of pictures floating around twitter. We'll probably get the demo on tuesday.

Or they're retarded. There are people that defend NMS.

fixed. If you ever want to see that tier of madness go look up any NMS article on dualshockers. two of their writers defend it to the death

Alpha hax?

A couple of people ripping the game a new asshole on social media doesn't mean the FGC hates it. It's full of capcucks that will gladly gobble up anything Capcom shits out as long as they keep funding the tournaments. Capcom's complete inability to release a mechanically sound game, not to mention the constant assfuckery inflicted on anyone still playing the game should've marked its death a long time ago, but not in the FGC, no siree. Meanwhile every other game is struggling for recognition in the west because it's not [latest capcom release]

I see that retarded hack has somehow managed to appear in every sf

I can feel myself getting worse. I'm going to have to play catch up in training mode.

I feel the same way. It's scary how quickly I have lost the ability to consistently do half decent combos.

Tried this with Takuma's Ranbu super in KoF 2000 and it worked. Where has this info been all my life.

Anyone here play KoF 98 UMFE?

SNK games have tons of shortcuts and tricks to make things easier to pull off. I used to think that early SNK game special moves were impossible to pull off thus making the games unplayable, but this simple trick in vid related bumped my execution up to 100% consistency. By early I mean games like the original Fatal Fury, so this trick is literally over two decades old and still works in modern games.

This is tangentially related but, Can any of you anons recommend bag that can hold a 20inch monitor, a ps4, and maybe a fightstick as well, safely? It needs to something i can carry whilst riding a bike.

Some of you nurtured the bright idea of becoming a security guard and now i have nothing but free time. I figured instead of just watching animus and reading mangos i could also be gitin gud.

so I gave SFV a second chance with season 2

big mistake

capcom is fucking retarded and they don't know how to balance worth a shit

I don't know how they did it, but somehow they made SFV urine a bigger pain in the ass than unblockable setups 3s urien, that takes a majestic amount of idiocy to do

all SFV has is crossups though

SFV footsies amount to: who has the best CC poke (which atm is akuma's cr.hp)

In Xenoverse 2 does the height/weight play any role in stats like the first one did? google is useless. And is PQ 4 the best way to farm Dragon Balls?

I do believe height and weight have the same effects but i have no source. Ive been grinding PQ 24? Its the one with a quick fight with Freiza and then 3 patrollers come in after you defeat him.

I see. I've been doing Attack of The Saiyans just like on the first. Also is it me or does no one ever make rooms for anything? maybe I need to unlock all the PQs.

Wait so what's the timing here? I can say, hold the button before I actually complete the special move motion and it would still trigger?

I haven't gotten very far in 2 but from my experience with the first, people generally only posted the later PQs as most of the early to middle stuff can be done solo with CPU support with no issue whatsoever. Most people likely see going online for a early quest a waste of time because in the time it takes to find 2 other players and start the quest you could have finished it twice by yourself.

Sin is a lot of fun but I barely know Ky as it is.

Also quality of life issues remain (eg. UI, netcode, 2P character select)

Yes, but not negative edge, you do the motion first then hold right before you finish. The hold registers for about 4-8 frames after you press it, right before the final direction is a good spot, if you did it right the move will come out on the first frame possible, which is a godsend for some combos in XIII, think of it kind of like plinking in SF4. Some people double tap the button but this is much better/way more consistent. I went from being unable to do a power wave at all in Fatal Fury 2 to doing it correctly every time without even thinking, early SNK inputs were strict as balls compared to nowadays.

How's SFV Akuma?

Fascinating, hopefully it also helps me cancel moves into each other.

Every time I try to find a reason to give KI another chance, I get another reason to hate it and another reminder that I wasted money on that shitty game (Yes, I know I deserve my misery).

Survival Mode can be fun?

Quick what game has the best survival mode and why is it Garou: Mark of the Wolves?

he's pretty good, I like him.

no bully

is it impossible to do a hadoken motion in less then 4 frames?

basically this

first frame: registers down motion
second frame: registers corner motion
third frame: registers forward motion
fourth frame: registers punch button
move executes

or can vidya register more then 1 thing during 1 frame

TEKKEN WHEN?
i tried the f2p yesterday and somehow it managed to be even worse than expected. it doesn't even have best boy

which mitsu is best mitsu?

depends on the game though generally speaking, yes but it'll prioritize one input over another. this is why plinking and buffering techniques work. certain games also have button hold/negative edge where you can hold a button do the motion and it'll register the press on release.

Yeah, i'm 90% certain that the majority of fighting games have fixed time steps that accept 1 directional input + 1 button input per frame. It's how frame-by-frame TAS stuff works and it's why input buffers are a thing

Is there another rompack that isn't MEGA ?
Some faggot I want to play with reached the daily dl limit and is too incompetent to circumvent it.

any there any good new fighting games to look forward to in 2017?
ill be returning to play Tekken 7 when it is released

Tried to teach my little brother how to do special moves and I've mostly given up.
I'm fucking stumped here, does anyone have a good video on how to do motions in fighting games? Like, how you should place your thumbs and all that

I'm in the same boat I'm trying to teach two of the little bastards at the same time. I might just stop for now and try to teach them fundamentals and footies since they enjoy playing.

Maybe it's just because I'm not that great a player but I can't even do that. He just brainlessly throws fireballs and cries when I jump over them. It's fucking hopeless. And then he gets frustrated and I stop giving a shit

bought it on impulse :(
after watching part 4

That's not an impulse buy, THIS is an impulse buy!

i was going to buy that for $80
not more than 3 minutes the item was posted someone beat me to it

nichegamer.com/2016/12/15/new-snes-japanese-fighting-game-unholy-night-launching-february-2017/

maybe more if you count nesica leaks

fine taste my dude

stick or pad?

everyone learns differently tbh. i guess try to break the motions down as much as possible, maybe have him try to do them on a keyboard since you have to be more precise and literal that way. bottom line is that he's gonna have to grind a bit to be consistent and not every kid has the attention span to do that.
otherwise he could always play charge characters.

some, maybe even most kids lack the required autism to play fightan

Excellent taste.

Pad. He knows the motion, he just flicks his thumb like a spastic. No matter how much I tell him to just roll his thumb he does the same fucking thing over and over. It's impossible, but I figured he'd listen to a video or something
Nothing seems to work. I keep trying to teach him how to play more offensively or at least learn to use his fucking buttons but nope, I just roll over him because he can't figure out I can jump over fireballs and he has to play SMART with them.

he's fucked

Guess I'm done then. Fucker won't stop getting mad whenever he loses so he's probably never going to get good.

my only other thought is that maybe he could try a rushdown character while you zone him out and see if learning to approach helps him understand how to not throw fireballs like a mong but it's very possible he just isn't ready for fighting games yet.
he definitely isn't ready yet.
maybe you could try something like soul calibur 2 but if he's just gonna mash then it wont make a difference.
there's a reason these games are niche.

he could just be a shitter and play blanka

Man, how fucking badly is it doing if needs to go on constant sale like this

Well he's 14. I suppose I'll have to accept he'll never be good at them
Disgusting. Plus Blanka dies to anyone who knows how to fight him. Which I do

Found your problem. Stick, keyboard, Hitbox or go home, controllers are shit.

I first started playing fighting games when I was 8 years old and this is basically what I ended up doing. I couldn't do fireball motions, Guile had easy motions, was murrican and blonde like me so the choice was obvious. He also had all the tools you need to get a good understanding of the basics of fighting games, a fireball, an anti-air, really good normals, command normals, excellent pokes, a crossup, ect. I was a stupid kid so I didn't realize you could charge with down back, so I was always playing more defensively and trying to mask the charge with jumps, it blew my fucking mind when I finally figured that out. It's so crazy thinking about how far I've come since then.

Awwww shit
archive.is/KJu9L

Well, good on them for not dropping support on even their mobileshit, I guess. SNK neglected waifu crossover when

THat _o_ face…

Is anyone following the development of this game? They, or rather, he, since I think it's an one-man effort, just released a new video

might be fun

Looks pretty cool, especially for a one man effort. Was surprising when player 1 pulled that fucking gun though.

I remember playing Garou's a lot but my personal favorite is from GGX. The one from GGXXAC+ is also a lot of fun with the RPG elements and perks you unlock along the way.
Also burned a lot of hours in SC's but can't say it had anything unique about it.

Judging by the interviews that are on MMCafe, it seemed like everyone wanted to do something different (Garou, SamSho, Buriki One etc) and if they agree on one thing, they'll likely argue how to go about it, like the one guy (Oda, IIRC) who wanted a edgy, super serious SamSho.

Looks pretty good for a indie game. Reminds me a bit of that teaser Arika did with a couple of the SFEX characters (Hokuto and Kairi IIRC).
I was going to say that the gun was silly but then I checked the official site and there's a gunslinging skeleton red coat and chainsaw Mian.

I've been wanting to buy a new gamepad, but what I can only get shit where I live. Anyone knows a pad that has a good circular d-pad?

Tell the retard to get Megadownloader.

Say what you will about it being mobileshit but they pumped out lots of original content for that game. Shame SNK isn't as big in fanart circles as it was back then.

It's a shame they're not playable in a traditional Metal Slug sense.

I remember there being some kinda MUGEN Metal Slug though…

At least MSA is a good sign that if they do Metal Slug 8 that sprites are still fully possible for it. The MS sprites are nowhere near as expensive as the ones for fighting games

Sort of like Castlevania Fighter? I don't think it'd work the same way.

Yeah I know it wouldn't quite be the same.

The fuck?

They've made new character sprites, but I believe all the backgrounds are recycled from previous Metal Slugs

Looks fun, I kind of like the design of the characters

2017: the year of SNK?

So, how's the game? It plays like any other Metal Slug?

It's a casual sidescrolling RTS game

Now there's an understatement.
Honestly, the GG chicks seem to be the only FG grills to get any love from artists nowadays. (DOA girls are also very popular but it's more in the realms of XNALara and the like.)
Meanwhile, NieR demo came out and it's 2B's exquisitely sculptured ass everywhere. Second coming of the Dragon's Crown girls, I tell you.

Polite sage.

Now we need another CvS game so we can have some Cammy X Catgirl Leona doujins.

Well I do want CVS3 just for the sake of having an Ikari Warrior in it

I'd also want a CvS3, but given how huge both companies rosters have become, could they fanservice hard enough?

Sure, too bad Capcom will censor it.

It was from a Halloween event if I recall correctly.

Consider that the previous game, Metal Slug Defense, had the whole KOF '94 roster (even the American Sports Team and Rugal+Vice and Mature).

It's a somewhat casual Tower Defense-esque game. Instead of having the ability to buy specific units like its predecessor, you have to either roll them in a gacha and gather enough "parts" to get more units. Each unit has upgradable skills (a huge step up from Defense): More health, more speed, being able to fire your special weapon normally in some characters, etc.
Instead of using one currency (in Defense, you only used Medals which were pretty easy to get), you have at least three depending on the game mode you're playing (which has quite a few). Shame it's always online.

You mean SvC2, unless you really want modern Capcom shit on the game.

I just want more Sylvie porn

Realistically, no. A lot of people will be very happy, but some people are assured to have their favorite characters not make the cut, because the game won't ship with 200+ characters.

They were able to cram a LOT of people into backgrounds in CvS2 though. Considering dlc costumes would also be assured, we'd probably see a lot of nods to characters who didn't make it in. Hopefully SNK will keep on a solid upswing, and get Capcom interested in another go at a the series. And if SNK makes a SvC2, hopefully it'll be a lot more polished than Chaos was, but maintain a very off the wall roster.

SVCC's Capcom roster wasn't off the wall enough, in that it had all those shotos plus all 4 SFII bosses

Makes me kinda sad. The only genre that could handle that kinda cast is either Musou or a SRPG, and both of those would never happen.

Who knows, SNK could join in for a Project X Zone 3 or something. Though I've been scared to play 2 due to how long and overall boring the actual gameplay of 1 was. 60 hours of mindless weak enemies just to get to a few good fanservice conversations.

Might not have as many bells and whistles but I'd take a SvC2 instead.
Capcom's too kike-y, too [CURRENT YEAR]'y and too obsessed with esports money to be trusted with anything these days. They need a purge of biblical proportions to get back on their feet.

Regardless of who did it, I'd hope for as much variety in the roster as possible but I'm one of those autists who likes oddball characters and is never happy with anything. I also wonder how many non-FG IPs SNK has that are worth remembering besides MS and Sengoku (and that only because of 3).

As the resident Luongfag, I shouldn't complain. Sylvie fans barely got anything.

Yeah, it was a mostly "safe" roster but it did have some crazy choices like Tabasa, Mars People, Demitri and Red Arremer.

Yeah, Project X Zone is a good idea on paper, but it just doesn't click with me either. Spicing up SRPG attack animations should only be done via quality animation, not bells and whistles like pressing buttons during it.

SvC's roster was really hit and miss on the Capcom side. On one side they had outlandish roster choices like Megaman Zero, Tessa, Demitri instead of Morrigan who honestly I wouldn't have minded in SNK style and Firebrand/Red Areemer and on the other it's mostly vanilla SF2, not even Super stuff got in. And even with that, the spritework looks amazing, SNK's Dhalsim is somehow still the best looking.

There is only pain when you're a Kyaryfag and there's little porn of her or any of her ripoffs.

I really like that pantsless karate suit, the design of the other girl is reminiscent of vid related

So this rolled out today. Is the steam release of Melty Blood Actress Again Current Code a good port now?

I'd let you know if any of my friends had it on Steam and if my internet wasn't shit.

Aside from netcode and breaking a few trainers, it was already a decent release. Then again, it was always a decent port since it's just a translation of what's been out for years and what started as a PC game.

I'm getting SF EX vibes from this, gonna start keeping an eye on it.

about fucking time.

too bad she doesnt look like that

It has always been a PC game isn't it?

I remember i got the demo for this game in a CD of a computer magazine way back in like 2002, i pirated the game next year because it didn't came out in english until several patches later, never played them for long though

Anyway iirc it was just
Melty blood > act cadenza > actress again > current code

Basically.
Melty Blood (Vanilla PC doujin fighter) > Act Cadenza (arcades) > Re-ACT (including Final Tuned, which brings the AC changes to the original Melty Blood) > Act Cadenza Ver.B (PC and Arcade, as far as I know, also has tag battle and 2v2 with 4 characters on screen on PC.) > Actress Again (Arcades and PS2) > Actress Again Current Code (Arcades and PC)

Honestly, unless if the game was made by a fan team, I wouldn't want it.
Which is a shame. I'd love to see a CvS when SNK characters aren't super shit.

Might buy Blazblue: CPE sometime this week during the steam sale. What characters are the most beginner friendly?

Then they'll add fanservicey costumes or characters right afterward.

Ragna is really straight forward to start with

Why not wait for Central Fiction to come to PC?

There's a chance that Central Fiction might be $50 like revelator, and Chronophantasma Extend is on sale right now.

That and why bother with that when the inevitable Extend version.

With Central Fiction's release CPE's community has greatly dwindled, although it's not like it was big in the first place, you are probably better off spending it on something else. If you're a mexican or a european then go ahead and buy it, there's a very good amount of those people in this game anyway.
To answer your question: Fagna, Jin, Izayoi, and Terumi are very simple to play and if you are interested in going further, they are good characters.
If you mean beginner as in you want to be a shitkid that wants to spam things, Noel and Tager come to mind.
The hardest characters to play are Litchi, Makoto, Hazama, and Amane. Litchi has a fuckton of half-circles, Makoto needs very fast inputs and precise timing, Hazama is one of the best characters but is not a character for a beginner, and Amane's full mid-screen combos are mostly reliant on counter hits, air confirms, or rapid cancels.

Now that I think about it, what are some the easiest and hardest characters in vaious fighting games series to play/learn?

So, do we play SFV here? Or do we just complain that it's shit?

Kind of want to know.

Why live?

I play it once a week to get FM, and then get bored or frustrated with it for any number of reasons.

I reinstalled, saw it was running worse for some reason, and uninstalled.

2nding this

What is SFV Juri's V-trigger?

I lab it every now and then.

in SFV Juri's 236 kick special grants her a different special she can use once; as in she needs to do a special to do a different one, her light kick being a projectile and med/heavy is an attack special.
what I'm getting at is that you have to do a lame special to be able to do an actual useful special.
in V-trigger she's able to do slightly better versions of her useful 236 kick specials without having to do the move needing to do them.
I have no idea why Capcom went this route instead of giving her the good stuff from the get go.

I still can't believe they censored "shit"

Thoughts on Tatsunoko vs Capcom?

is banter harassment?

great
being on the wii killed it

It's an install that makes her play how she should have played from the start like every fucking other character

I briefly saw something about this, apparently the MAGfest code of conduct is 7 pages long.
sage for offtopic.

I agree on the wii thing, especially when it forced auto combo with wii motes on and the only stick for the Wii was the Tatsunoko vs Capcom brand stick which got rare and expensive fast.
YO!?
"Short for "Music And Gaming Festival," MAGFest is a four day-long event dedicated to the appreciation of video game music, gaming of all types, and the gaming community." - their site.
For a event that's about music and gaming as a whole seeing it single out fighting games is pretty strange.

She gets out gets out her wheel chair and stops being low tier for 10 seconds
Not high tier or anything just stops being low

I'd be willing to bet they look the other way when someone shits on a Republican within earshot, and that this rule exists solely to keep Republicans down.

Highly underrated. I'm actually kinda psyched MvC:I is taking some influence from it, at least in look.

It could be worse.
shoryuken.com/2015/01/26/bandai-namcos-katsuhiro-harada-wants-to-develop-a-fighting-game-mega-crossover/

Played it from release up until May, got completely fed up at that point and haven't touched it since. Picked up GG instead and that was the best decision I could've made. Enjoy shitposting about it everytime capcom manages to fuck up something new though. I guess I should be thankful to SFV, its shittiness introduced me to other, better fightan.

one of the organizers must've gotten railed last year and is still salty about it

gud game, gud art, gud music gud roster so of course it's dead

Are these people SAO fans and they can't handle the bantz that their anime is shit?

I still play almost daily though I have been playing SFxT recently and really enjoying myself.

Oh it's ok then

It was just me an 14 other people, we use to play everything. Then SFV came out and 10 more people joined it and did nothing but play it. Now 16 people out of 24 play SFV exclusive because "muh tourney scene bro." The remaining group of us are considering just not showing up anymore because all the SFVfags hog all the TVs.

I tried. Cute girls not enough

Stop letting them take over the entire space/show up early enough they can't, or just bring your own set up.

I live too far away to bring my own TV and never get off work early enough to show up before them. One of the remaining guys said we can start hanging out at his place once he's done renovating his basement into a bar, so it's not all completely lost. But god damn will I miss the larger numbers.

Are there any fighting games worth getting during the steam winter sale? I have the following already:
I only have $11.73 Canadian. Is there anything worth getting with this little money?

Yatagarasu Attack on Cataclysm and Arcana Heart 3 Love Max are both under $11.73 Canadian. They're both bretty good games, but don't expect active online.

AH3 has a grand total of 20 people still playing I think.

Really? Guess the sale brought up the numbers.

I know I'm moving the goalpost when I say this, but what about fighting games on steam with active online playerbases?

Nothing in that price range unless you turn to unconventional fighters

Try it out. Play what you like. Just don't expect online VS.
nerfnow.com/comic/1974

The mugen thread is gone, what do?

no but seriously, I have a new version that needs input and I don't know where the pastebin for the OP is at.

I wanted to get it but waited for impressions before taking the plunge and most were quite subpar (there wasn't any character in the roster I was absolutely dying to play as either) so I waited for the updates to see if they'd improve the game as I recall the netcode was allegedly pretty bad and even single player modes would crash often. I got fed up with the wait and KoF was looking better with each update so I went for that instead.
Capcom's many shady, anti-consumer decisions turned me off for good.
I watch a few matches every now and then, snark over the dubious design decisions, cry a little to see Bengus has become and, I guess, my favorite thing about it is the mod support. Amidst all the usual shit, some seriously high quality stuff came out like Q, 3S Alex and SF4 Juri costumes. Even as I lowly console peasant, I'd like to see someone take a jab at Chun's original bomber jacket look and the OL concept from SFV.

Can't blame ya. Even with a little experience with air-dashers, I found AH3 very difficult to get into (I could mention half the roster in answer to ; Lieselotte in particular). Not saying it's a bad game but it didn't click with me.
I played the demon nun and the witch.

+ who ever who'd like to play the game
mega.nz/#!j8Fz3RBL!n6Sv-s92jvQLIvyXc_h35S2SV9rPtdaqnHdl_jGi8EM
Here's a build of the game that works for netplay.
Remove wii mote, set your stick to gamecube buttons.
1.The game stutters when it loads new assets for the first time (character select, first super, assist clashing with supers) but it quickly goes away after the first time, playing a single match with someone and the next should be smooth.
2.when playing online you have to set who's controller is in which port before you start (each chosen port is the same as the current in use player one port on the players dolphin)
3.Here's a discord for matches and tech discord.gg/XR47Qtr

Here are some example combos to get ideas on what to press.
youtube.com/watch?v=DICYkwchH00
youtube.com/watch?v=C3fpVjVrK6I

I've had a change of heart and am now playing my girl chun in 3s again. I'm sad Chun in 4 is so not interesting. Her animations just seem off to me, especially her dashes.

For the anons that regularly goes to a local.
Would you accept to host communities of competitive local games that aren't fighting games? Mainly 1v1 arcade games like pics related. Especially after Windjammers' PS4 release.

I missed Catherine.

I use to play Windjammers, Twinkle Star Sprites and Neo Turf Masters all the time with my group before the SFVfags took over. It was mostly fighting games but anything was fair game if it was arcade styled and competitive.

oh yeah the 3rd pic reminds me;
segabits.com/blog/2016/12/28/english-puyopuyotetris-trophies-discovered-for-playstation-4/

Welp

The Space Elevator & Jurrasic Park stages looks so out of place when exported to uSF4…

What does it do? I don't play SFV

They should have go with Chun-Li B

Allows you to make multiple CFN accounts bypassing punishment as well as allowing you to instantly unlock all the games content.

wai' minute.

So you tellin' me
this game works
for PC???

Or do I need dolphin??

How much single player content does KoF XIV have?

Do people really want a faster game with such a shitty netcode and people teleporting all over the place?

No, they want better netcode AND a faster game. I don't know if the reason you "heard" for people quitting is real though, I think most people quit because there are better games that have better netcode that they could play at anytime.

Buy Vanilla Ice, Kira Yoshikage and maybe Baoh, the other dlc characters are weak

baoh is in it? lol shit he is. sorta liked the manga but it didn't really have anywhere to go.

How similar does it play to Heritage? It's 3d isn't it?

You know, your regular KOF content for a console release wihtout color edit.

I only wish it had "better" challenges like the ones from 98UMFE, 2002UM and KOFXI. Just a few combos that may become obsolete with balance patches (unless SNK updates the challenges) is not really exciting.

I think Skullgirls is the only one with an actual and regular online playerbase. For the others you'll have to rely on steam and discord groups.
And of course I love '98 so I would say to get 98UMFE and 2002UM. Or maybe XIII if you care somewhat for story and graphics. I don't know ho much they cost in canadian dollars but '98UMFE and 2002UM are usually really cheap during sales.

Not similar at all.

They used the same button layout. ABC as LMH, D for the Stand or the Wave, the Horses… And a game made by the same people that did the Naruto Storm series is using quarter circle and classic 2D layouts as their movelist. Also, the 3D thing is just like Rival School. This is a real 2.5D, when sidesteps are used as dodges.
So, yeah, is right. Nothing similar at all.

Eeeeeh, OK, for 20% I can like that. Thanks.

They never fucking learn. Capcom won't do shit unless the community breaks something and it costs them money.

Good to know, As long as I don't have to train my brain that one jojo fighter is a six button and one isn't and 2.5d will probably be easier to get friends into then a full 3d

The game is super fun with friends and is very very close to the manga. Competition on it is super boring, tho. Unlike HftF.

SFIV is the main reason why nobody cares about other FGs as much. The player base from SFIV went to SFV. With incoming newbies, SFV has the largest FG playerbase right now, so I'm not shocked to see people say these things, despite what other companies have been doing. Also, SFV is e-sports and people are into that shit right now. No other fighting game (other than maybe marvel) has that kind of presence.

Why am I such a scrub?

Because you play SF

I am a PCfag, what else am I suppose to play? KoF?

What kinda wacky tobacky have you been smoking, user?

Fightcade, GG, and soon mahvel and tekken too. Maybe we'll even get a KoF XIV at some point. Maybe you should look a bit harder if you're even asking that question.

pretty much any of the other thousands of fighters playable on the PC

Catherine for Xbone/360 is 3 bucks during the xbox sale they have going on now. I own it physically, and I couldn't resist just getting a digital copy that cheap just as a back up.

I haven't had buddies over for fighting games in a while, but next time I might pull out Catherine. Never got to actually play the versus mode with people, and the little I've seen of it looks hype as fuck.

I fucking knew it was coming. Stick to SF then, if anything that doesn't allow you to be matched up with random shitters in ranked all day is considered dead to you, you lazy cunt.

Oh hey c4ec57 is back from Shoryuken and Eventhubs Forums. How you doing? Still trying to shill SFV?

Haven't played the game or been in the threads since April, but okay.

What ever you say friend.

Just play fucking fightcade or get some damn friends. You're not realistically going to get good by taking on randos online anyway, you want people you can play side by side with who are about your skill level or better. You ask yourself why you're such a fucking scrub, then you tell us you have pure scrub taste.

Shit, I barely play SFV anymore, and the people that make me hate it more aren't the people tearing into it day after day. It's the people who pretend it's the ONLY game in town when it's inferior to nearly every other modern fighting game. If you're playing a game as some sort of obligation, you'll ALWAYS be fucking scrub. You gotta find a game you'll love, that you'll want to play even if no one else in the world cares. That will be the game that makes you good.

honestly i think a large segment the 'sfv is shit but i wont play anything else' crowd are just people who are used to having sfiv spoonfed to them without ever having to really work for it.
kof, gg and tekken are pretty big, but most of the larger events are in japanese and content is less centralized. you can't just go to srk/crosscounter/spooky every week. they never had to dig for info or to find matches in a truly dead game so anything without 500+ concurrent players seems dead to them.

thank you user! i forgot how much i love this game.

Actually, GG and Tekken have pretty much daily streams of high level footage and there's an abundance of match footage out there that you don't even need to dig for. But I guess it might as well not exist for these people if it isn't spoonfed to them, like you said.

It is, at least on PC. It has nothing to do with quality. It is just the only one that isn't dead. Excuse me that I don't want to waste a lot of time waiting for someone to play with, especially me being in Europe and being extra hard to find nice ping opponents. You can circlejerk about the problems Street Fighter all day, but it doesn't make the rest of the games not dead. It doesn't even seem like Tekken 7 will have cross-player, so not much to look forward to.

People that say "Anything that doesn't have a SF tier numbers is dead" just have fucking terrible social skills. You can find fucking anyone to play anything with you if you just communicate.

Like VF5:FS is "dead" yet I still get 2 to 5 hours online every so often because I get groups together or just hope on japan time and get tons of fights in. Or Under Night and Melty Blood get called "dead" all the time yet it's even easier than ever to find people thanks to steam groups.

the download is a version of Dolphin set up to play it online

Not soon enough. They will kill off the f2p shit too so whenever they shut down the servers for that might give a hint for the release date. Wouldn't want to have competition from yourself, right?

Speaking of Tekken and simplified inputs: Tekken has something like that too. When you keep a button pushed and push another button it'll count as having hit both buttons at the same time. So King's 1,2,2+4 becomes 1,2 hold, 4. Saves one from fucking up hitting 2 and 4 at the same time. Just as an example and a heads up since I hope some of you are planning to pick up Tekken 7 when it comes out next year.

Mate, some people are like cats. They can't learn something from being shown, they need to experience it first hand. I once worked with a guy that just couldn't manage to do a simple knot, despite being shown exactly how dozens of times. Eventually he just figured it out. Just make sure to make your bro want to succeed by hitting him right where it hurts most: His honour. Make him feel real stupid for not getting it. If he wants to give up he's just not ready yet. He needs to forget getting upset at you but rather at himself for being so stupid.
14yrs isn't tool old for it being too late. 14 is young as hell and they are all dumb from puberty kicking in anyway.

Since when TRevo is competing T7? It never competed TTT2.

So Last Fight has some interesting moves for a Power Stone inspired game. It seems to take a little more from Power Stone 1 than 2, but now that it has Free-for-All, I can whole heartedly recommend it if you want a Power Stone fix but also want something new. Haven't had a chance to try Combat Core because they don't offer a Linux version, unlike Last Fight.

NEW THREAD

psn? im really bad at it

So you get anything you can normally get with FM? Or even premium (real money) content?

Chun Li = Thigh Fighter
Haha

Big SF4 fan here. Long time player but sf4 was the first fightan I wanted to "git gud" in.
I rather play anything else but SFV. V ruined SF for me.

Yes but the guy's not releasing it

It's not even the end of year, and the game is still producing shit like this.