Quitting video game crack

Anyone here who quit WoW, a MobA, or any game you just play because it's addicting? My main problem now is these games make it so that no other game is really fun. If I fire up a game I really liked, chances are I'll prob quit 5 minutes in unless it's stalker or deus ex, which I already played the shit out of.

Usually when I notice I'm playing a multiplayer game way too much, I usually force myself so that I can only play it after a certain time of the day, like only playing Siege after 9 PM so that I have enough time leftover to play other games

I used to play WoW for more than 6 years.
One night i had a terrible dream i won't describe here, and after that i quit.
I had like 3 short relapses but since then i've been clean.

Every other video game became immensely enjoyable to play too.

Warfarm

I quit SAMP a few years back. I was playing it for 14 hours a day at one point. Now I can't enjoy that. I just play whatever is fun for me these days.

i probably would have quit WoW a long time ago if it wasn't for Nost
now i just play it off and on again every few months
i quit LoL during season 3 because it was slowly turning to garbage with all the no fun changes and direction towards esports and "balance".

Just uninstall and forget about them.
Never understood people who think WoW is addicting. Sure I wasted 100 hours into it but I ain't going back to it in this lifetime.

i played about 4k hours of dota 2, i havent played in about 10 months, but yeah it's hard to play good games when you feel that you should be playing dota

What to do?

Get addicted to my cock.

Stalker isn't really the type that squeeze 2k-4k hours out of the average player. This type of thing only really happens to multiplayer games for some reason.

I quit league of legends after they released a character that had every sign of being straight from my dreams from design to gameplay. I played her, loved her, then realized I would still be a middling kinda faggot even with her. I guess I knew it was the peak, and escalation of commitment lost all its pull. Lost all interest practically overnight.
Obviously not a method anyone can recreate though.

I don't really believe in addiction. Just stop playing. Do something else.

I've been trying to quit Wakfu but I keep crawling back and logging for a while every day. Feels bad man.

When severe depression sinks its fangs into you, you'll find it hard to play a game for more than 20 minutes, unless it's borderline perfect, or at least presses all of your personal preference buttons. This has the added benefit of saving money in all areas, such as food, transportation, and non-videogame entertainment, as everything feels like it takes ten times more effort than it should to wring any enjoyment out of it.

Alas, there is no return from this state, so I recommend avoiding it and instead getting equipped with taste, so you don't play stupid shit that autistic shriektards do.

I think what kills it for me is when games decide to change up their gameplay for the worst. Slow sections that are unlike 90% of the game and slow intros. Dark Messiah's whole beginning of the game, for example.

I was addicted to WoW from age 10 to 15, played every waking minute, developed a mild hunchback, became an even bigger sperg and weighed 280 at peak fatness. I was wavering when Cata hit and was hot garbage. As soon as that became apparent I dropped it cold turkey and lost 100 pounds. Ever since, I drop multiplayer games cold if I start no-lifing them or suspect I will, and don't waste time on any game that isn't richly entertaining. If only I could apply the same standards to image boards.

Remember you're here forever.

XD woooooooooooowee!

user, he's coming onto you.

i am fucking free

What's wrong with having fun?

That's a big misconception you have there. This shit always seems to start out the same way. You play it because it's fun, then you get really invested in it because you get into the deeper mechanics, then after a while it just becomes your go-to game. The devs never want to fix the problems, and in some cases make the game even worse by dumbing it down so they can get a broader audience. You play it by habit not because you enjoy it, and since you know so much about the inner mechanics and actually need to rely on them all other games feel stale and lifeless.

That was exact thing for me with LoL.Having sold the account a few months ago I now play and enjoy games I would have not bothered trying if I was on that MOBAshit crack

I recommend quitting any skinnerbox game to everyone.Overshit,MOBAs,MMOs, you name it.

I quit because it got boring.

Describe it here, you're anonymous and you can't shock anyone here.

Engagement ≠ Fun

sauce?

I finally quit playing CS:GO about a year ago. I thought I was actually making progress up the ranking system, when it was really just elo inflation from all the VAC ban waves; I was just one of many people who ended up getting over-ranked. It was once Valve fixed that and I dropped back down to nova when I realized it was all pointless.

Stalker's shit so you should be fine.

been playing this the past 3 days
i'm only nearly finishing the tutorial atm

I don't really have that problem. Recently, I've been playing a lot of dota 2 since my friend has been getting into it and doesnt like playing alone. I think I've played over 300 hours with him in the last couple of months. I like the game well enough, it can be really engaging, but I can't see it taking over my life. And I can't understand how other people let it take over theirs.

I play other games, I got dark souls 3 recently and just finished NG+, and another one of my friends bought me a copy of 7 days to die, so I've been playing that on and off with him. I think my biggest problem is that I often stop playing a game for whatever reason and then I just can't get back into it no matter how much I want to. If I don't finish a game within 3 days, I generally dont finish it at all. Dota doesnt have that problem. Its easy to pick up and play a game even if you havent played in months. But because there is no investment, it really isnt as rewarding for me.

Forgot the name, but it's something to do with kangaroo hentai.

Yes, stop playing progression games you idiot.

thanks user, got it:
[Motsu Aki] Kangaroo Oyako wa Hatsujouki
It's weird how that no longer puts me off.