The Walking Thread

I just completed the current 2 episodes of The Walking Dead Season 3, and I must say it's been pretty good overall with good characters but Clementine is still a Mary Sue that puts everyone everywhere in danger and does a lot of stupid shit, and also is edgy and muh loner.
Some of the new characters introduced are pretty cool.
Below I'm gonna talk about the story and spoil a lot. If you want to play you can get a CODEX torrent from rarbg.to.
As I said before Clem is still a edgy loner Mary Sue and doesn't trust anybody plus puts a lot of people in danger a lot. Some new characters like Jesus are pretty radical. In this one you are a hispanic dude called Harvey and have to go through the issues that everyone has, you get in the lap of Clem who magically starts trusting you even though you do nothing really significant for her, she also doesn't trust you at all and stays quiet while giving out shitty ideas constantly. A lot of the stuff after this is overly dramatic like Clem just killing someone because hey you sold me bad ammo and points a gun at a guy going through the bad ammo. Afterwards some guys you killed come after you in the most retarded idea ever, because they are a signified threat and enemy to the community and they didn't open fire the second they saw them. They smash the gate to the community and let out walkers with it because ???, apparently that's easier then just bombing them I because gunpowder is less common then big trucks to break. Clem says she's apart of "The New Frontier" and a negro overheard that convo with you. You escape but one person from your crew gets hit so Clem gives you the idea to go to another community, meet Jesus and walk across a train road till the negro gives you two options, either kill him or have Clem taken hostage, I chose hostage like the 9.5% of other people because I want to keep the group stable, afterwards you find out that the leader of The New Frontier is your brother.
Fucking hell that was long, almost 2000 letters.

Other urls found in this thread:

vocaroo.com/i/s06iAkzPMw8K
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

So, it's kinda less crap than the previous season?

What?

There's actually something that's been bothering me about Clem.

Do you guys think Clem was ALWAYS a mary sue?
Perhaps you've forgotten by now and the userbase changed completely since then, but back in the day Holla Forums absolutely loved and worshipped Clem.
Could it be that Holla Forums fondness for her masked the fact that she was always a mary sue from day one, and growing up only made apparent what was always there to begin with?

the story is okay, but fuck me the game's bugged as fuck
ministuttering every 10 seconds, severe loadtime freezes in Ep2

shit PC port

>they will never put Clementine out of her misery much like Kenny even though the death by car crash is bullshit

CODEX version doesn't work with episode 2 for some reason. The saves don't carry over.

It's okay to be a Mary Sue loli, because the whole point of the loli is to be there and act cute. It becomes a problem if said character is still behaving like a child once she grows up.

Its called the anti sue.

Google it but the anti sue is a fuck up that does nothing but make shit worse and do dumb stuff and everybody still respects them and worships them

vocaroo.com/i/s06iAkzPMw8K

Where's Kenny ?

he ded

Go away shill
2000 letters and none of it mattered.

I had alright performance without issues but the game glitched out twice where the characters awkwardly stood there doing nothing. Pausing ande escing a few times fixed it.

I wanted to do that but I forgot I deleted my saves. You can fill out the blanks to the things that matter with Clem in the game though.

What do you think? It always happens to great characters.

Season 1 she wasn't a Mary Sue simply because she wasn't allowed to do shit for - if I remember right - four episodes. The first time she got to do anything was shooting a walker to protect Omid and even that is dependant on choice. She was the cataclysm for everything turning topsy turvy but all in all she was a likeable character. In season 2 she was definitely a Mary Sue but that was only due to the fact everybody else was so fucking retarded they made both her and Kenny look like fucking Messiah's by comparison. As for S3, she's not a Mary Sue. She's getting real close to being as annoying as one, but she ain't. At worst she's an anti-sue like this guy mentioned.

Saw a twitch playthrough, it's one of the most boring things I've ever seen. Current gen games are all like this?

I didn't like how edgy and what a loner she was.

Bitch got out of the New Frontier relatively recently so I can't really blame her for being a loner / edgy, since it also explains her distaste for Preston given her last group turning out to be crazy cultists. They could have definitely written it better but that's Telltale for you. I'm mostly glad they threw in the few bits of Old Clem in there, like giving you back the chocolate or acting like a sap if you stuck with her in the gunfight.

We hardly know much about the New Frontier yet though, I want to know what happens in the 3rd episode and how your relations iwth them will turn out since your brother is the leader of them and Clem is connected to them
I think you are gonna have to kill your brother later on. Also, what happens if you kill Conrad? I didn't because I didn't want to risk the stability of the group.

He's hispanic, they call him Javi, which is short for Javier

>Also, what happens if you kill Conrad?
nothing if you don't mention it to Tripp. it might come up later though

>what happens if you kill Conrad?
Gabe gets upset/scared at Conrad's death, and Clem goes off on her own.

That may actually be a valid plot point TTG has added to the story. Clem is becoming and adult now. She will be treated like an adult by all others soon. She can't rely on the "I am a child, so you won't hurt me" factor in the future. Soon she may find herself in the hands of someone who doesn't give a shit about her, or her backstory, or the child she is raising. She has to realize this. She has to pull her own weight now. There is no sane person in the world who would not help a cute child, but there is no sane person in the world that would not demand a grow adult to behave like one.

Nigger literally everyone she ever loved died.
Her father and mother, Lee, Kenny, the entire fucking group of people who cared for her is now dead. She has nothing. She is alone, and she is what, 13, 14 years old?
I guess she gets a free pass on being an "edgy loner" considering that most people would have turned full Kenny by that point.

I liked it. Except they have a huge problem. They have clem, a character we all know and love and a bunch of new characters. Whatever happens I and as the stats show, most other people will always chose the option that benefits clem no matter what

If Telltale has one single iota of talent they'll use that bias to severely punish the player.

Clem stays if you don't kill conrad? How do you talk him down w/o killing him? I don't want to agree to his faggy plan.

That would be pretty interesting, imo it already happened sure the guy who sold clem ammo is a scummy prick but she's retarded if she thinks there's anyway in the world to guarantee a box of ammo is all duds (which is why he freaks the fuck out when she tries to shoot him).

I defended her anyway because fuck that guy and I love clemmy, but I wish you could tell her to calm the fuck down she's on the road to a major fuck up.

That's what I'm hoping for and it seems to be gearing up for just for the salt everybody will spew once it happens. The fucking issue with the TTG community is that these motherfuckers are incapable of ropleplaying or playing a character, fucking self-inserting into everything ruins this shit and that's exactly what they are doing.

You don't talk him out of it, she stays because Conrad has a gun to her head not because she wants to.

But your choice in heavy rain did not matter

Hmm fuck that.

The walking dead doesn't have terrible walking controls, it has horrendous walking controls and SHIFT to run is a joke and the complete lack of an auto run is abyssmal.

No one calls TWD a masterpiece but plenty of people do enjoy it.

Only up to episode two but that's doesn't seem to be the case to me, spoilers to say why though.

They still think they surprise people interrupting the good moments whit tragedy, when you see the characters happy and smiling you know something bad is gonna happen

Is anyone a bigger fucking loser and failure than jane?

Do you have more pics like that user?

I haven't seen anyone really ridicule Heavy Rain that much, if anything people ridicule both games equally here.

They kinda did, the endings could be incredibly different depending on your actions, for example you can kill a drug addict if you have him do the drug and that will lead to a bad ending where you won't find Shaun, or you can just fuck up a lot and kill everyone.

No, dyke unstable bitch is what she is.

Not with that poor decision making she wasn't.