ITT: comfy games

post some comfy games

Slime Rancher here

Other urls found in this thread:

rubna.itch.io/lisa
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Any one still play new leaf?

bretty good for my first ac game

Nah, if you've played one animal crossing you have played them all. I get comfy playing Crusader Kings II. Recently played it again after not playing it since about 1.3 and the game is 1000% better

Oh boy, it's those grapes from Season 20 of South Park. How topical.

Mount and Blade Warband is pretty comfy

I'm playing it a lot more now that I'm swimming in bells and slowly developing the town. It's great.

Those were in slime rancher long before south park had those stupid grapes.

so is this FOTM shit out of Early Access yet?

also, this game's pretty cute

not that many videos that aren't just dudes spewing shit over their microphone, so embed related will have to do
rubna.itch.io/lisa

swap fc?

gta vice city

Oh fuck no not again.

Crazy SJW dev, stay the fuck away from this.

The first 3 chibi robo games are comfy as fuck

FC: 5000-4822-0315

I fucking knew it. The font they like to use gave it away.

Trails in the Sky is pretty damn comfy. The characters and the world-building makes the game worth it.

I always check now. Most of the time it only takes a single glance at their twitter because faggots can't stop spewing their shit in public. You're best bet is only play games from eastern europe and japan.

whats this one about?

nope

Basically farm your slimes for shekels and make sure they don't race mix. Expand your farm. Good game progression. Good if you want to just go brain dead for a bit. 8.5/10

That's how accidents happen.

literally why

You mean that you never pirated a Demo?

A lot of people still pirated MGSV.

He's right though. I'm not going to let someone's politics stand in my way of enjoying a game if the game itself is actually decent. I may not give them money, but I'm still going to play the game.

Wew.

At least sage if you're going to shitpost like that. This is just rude.

You mean, make an exact copy of the baker's bread while also leaving behind the original bread intact? I'd do that if I could every time.

Here we go again.

'Member when gaming wasn't full of social justice warriors?

Never buy games in early access. Starbound taught me that lesson the hard way.

But Starbound turned out OK. Maybe not fantastic, but pretty good.

source on video?

lol

Dwarf Fortress can be very, very comfy if you know how to play it

Yeah, it turned out pretty good three years too late.

This one's comfy as hell too

Tweed. Dude has a whole load of videos shitting on Starbound.

Here's another example of him shitting on another early access game.

There's a map mod called TruckSim Map that adds a shit load of areas to the game. Including a lot of North Africa. There's an area in the game in the desert where a UFO will fly overhead.

Define comfy.

Outer Wilds

I always think of it like the vidya equivalent of "comfort food".
Any vidya that through any means - be it nostalgia or atmosphere or whatever - makes you feel at home, or like you want your home to be inside that vidya. Vidya where the feeling of peace and comfort overtakes the desire to achieve objectives.

No stress, relaxing, calming music and atmosphere. That feeling of not having much of a care in the world.

Is the latest build still blocking you from exploring over half the planets?

This does it for me recently, finally got my farm automated and it feels nice. Especially on rainy days with the sound effects.

I don't know, actually. I still have the old alpha build on my drive that lets you explore the entire original solar system + quantum moon.
I've been waiting for a finished version to emerge from the vapor.

Explain. I haven't pirated that newest version yet. Did they add shit like conveyor belts when I wasn't looking?

I meant that I don't have to water anything anymore, sprinklers cover my entire farm. I occasionally plant and retrieve shit but I have so much time to do other things now.

Please don't toy with my heart, anons.

Same. I'm running 1.2. There's nothing scarier than falling out of your ship while you're hovering the Bramble planet

Resident Evil 4, but that may be because the first time I played it was over Thanksgiving break back in high school like seven years ago

thanks for still posting those webms c:

Mini Ninjas
New Vegas

minecraft with friends

Come January, the original GCN release will be 12 years old

Well then, there's something about turning blobs of icecream into sexy women.

i pirated this just today on a whim, simply to jump into it with no knowledge of it whatsoever so I could surprise myself.

As far as the game itself goes, it's not too bad. Not really super exciting or challenging, the only thing that keeps you going is trying to discover everything, but it's comfy enough and can still be amusing.

However, my SocJus Radar started going off when I noticed various bits and pieces. First tip off was that your main character is a chick. Nothing inherently wrong with that, but using a girl as the character who gets sent off to some asteroid somewhere to wrangle monsters – some of them dangerous – is a strange choice. Whatever, I can roll with it. Then you get a message from another rancher, some older lady who's been here a while. Okay. Then you get asked by a scientist to grab some stuff for him and he'll trade you some stuff. When you go to the machine to do it, it shows you his picture: it's a nigger. A 20 or 30 something black scientist. That's when I started to get annoyed. You get a few other messages from other ranchers, one of them is an Asian daughter of a billionaire and the other is named Ogred (or something) Ortiz.

So now, at this point in my playthrough, I'm convinced the developers are fucking liberal hipster progressive fuckwad dickbags. Not a single white guy in the game, what are the chances? Because everything is realistically rainbow colored right? Gotta have all the representation you can possibly get out here in the middle of nowhere on some alien rock where only a few people have travelled in order to set up some kind of alien ranch.

It doesn't have anything to do with the game and it doesn't affect any of the gameplay, and yet everywhere you turn you have these faggots who insist on shoving their personal politics into everything. It was impossible NOT to notice it in this shit.

That's a weird call, I agree. How do you find this out, though? I've played the game through multiple times, and as far as I've ever known, the main character is just a camera taped to a slime cannon.
I haven't noticed the other NPCs either, honestly.

My biggest complaint with the game is that it takes a really cool concept, a really cool set of gameplay mechanics, and then does fuckall with any of it.
You can combine two slimes into largos, but you can't do triple-combos. Largos just drop one poo of each slime type rather than a hybrid type, and you can't extract and refine the poos or slimes themselves to gain temporary boosts to your abilities (phosphors could be mulched into a fuel that supercharges your jetpack for example).

The safespace stuff you're talking about is bad, for sure, but from a vidya perspective I'm more annoyed at their "safe" game design. No risks, no chances, not going out on any limbs. Just the simplest possible expression of each mechanic and move on to the next.

It's still pretty comfy, though.

Pick one.

What happened?

That game makes me uneasy as fuck.
Between the sand planet caves, the quantum moon, the ancient structures, and everything about the bramble planet, it's a game I play with the lights on.

Are European roads that narrow?

No, you don't get where that shitty idea coming from. Slime Rancher is basically extremely simplified chao garden.

No shit you literal walking sack of garbage, he said he wanted to make his own Chao Garden game.

Well. Chao Garden is a baby caring simulator. Smile Rancher is a chicken factory simulator. This is why its shit.

The game has *DESIGNATED* spooky spots. You named pretty much every one. Though the desert caves will probably look a whole lot less scary if the game ever comes out of Alpha.

whenever you go into your house (you don't ever need to, so i could understand if you never saw it) you have the option to view mail. Much of the mail are from the other characters who are ranchers apparently somewhere near you but never seen. Anyway, the player character's name is Beatrix LeBeaux, and the first mail you get is from your agency calling you Ms LeBeaux. Secondly, whenever you go to the Exchange machine, it shows you a thumbnail image of the person making the request. So far you have old lady of indeterminate race, nigger scientist, hispanic dude, asian trust fund babby, and "boB." boB's thumbnail image is a pink slime dressed up in trenchcoat and wide brimmed hat, and he only ever asks for chickens. It apparently only knows three words, which you also see in your mail from "him."

As far as the game mechanics, I'm not too concerned about those. I don't think this is close to being finished yet, so there's more time for them to actually do something interesting, not that anyone should hold their breath.

I looked into the developers, too, and 3 of the 4 of them came from Spiral Knights. So if you're complaining about the lack of interesting mechanics, well, just look at what game they came from and you'd be surprised it even has what it does at the moment.

Besiege

I no 'memeba dat.

Rabi Ribi

You have shit taste, tbh.

You disgust me.

Keep hating, niggers.

Rabi Ribi forever.

I'm not hating, the game just isn't comfy in any way at all. The music is aight, but more along the lines of something you'd listen to while riding an exercise bike or riding on public transportation. Not exactly the thing you'd want to groove to at home in your pajamas.

Is there some cute and comfy smacky-whacky action rpg where you just run and jump around smakcing and whacking cute monsters, collect coins and upgrade your shit?
Something like zelda but without obnoxious puzzles and tumblr pandering?

It's a fan translation, that those get released at all is a miracle.

Rabbi-rabbi

in northern yuurop youre lucky if there's even roads

i would love to hear the dirt on this

Every thread.

Been trying FF12 International Zodiac Job System. Basically, FF12 remake.

Just activate Gambit, run up on some enemies, let the AI take everything over while you listen to podcast and having some tea.

The routine of doing sidequests in Nier can get pretty comfy

But Nier is overall not a very comfy game

ever tried to play with all settings on manual and no pause mode? the games gets 200% better, you will ge tired after a while though, so try it on bosses.

Using bandwagon fallacy as excuse
Dammit user, you know better then that.

NONE OF THIS IS COMFY

Since when did "comfy" become interchangeable with "thing I like"?

Considering Spyro 1-3 are my go to comfy games, I'm always glad that they hold up as well as they do.

At least they occasionally update, though more groups need to be like Absolute Zero and do monthly updates at least. Meanwhile, the guy working on Sol Trigger hasn't posted anything since this past January, and Aeon Genesis hasn't posted jack fucking shit in a year and half despite having thirty or so projects "in the works."

What a sad life you live

Anyone know of a good aquarium sim? I lost my English patched copy of Aquazone AX years ago in a hard drive failure and I'll never find another copy because everywhere it could have been was and still is long down. I still can't buy real fish. I still hate myself for losing it.

Have you tried asking in the share threads if anyone has a copy they could upload?

I really doubt it could still be circulating, it's so long gone and was so niche it's probably just time to buy fish. I still can't believe there's been nothing like it.
What I do still have is Pinna, which is like the original Aquazone but it works on Windows 7. There's really no comparison though.

that sounds fun

fucks sake, the alpha is everything I want in a space game.
a large, but explorable in one or more playthroughs, world with mystery and a story to make out yourself.
combat isn't needed, trade and a economy is just a backbone for multiplayer and a upgrade system, don't make a game large, make it interesting.
instead of random gen large worlds, make small ones with character to them. If you can't fill a space with detail and interesting features, make it smaller. even gimmicks for certain planets are fine, as long as the exploration and detail is there. the world is empty, but it feels full. you're always seeing cool shit on the horizon, and the only thing stopping yourself is you. I remember shitting myself at the edge of the Bramble, so I explored other worlds until I felt comfy with the controls and discovered ingame what the lights meant.
I don't want arcade-y max graphics space combat, comfy shit like camping on a moon orbiting double suns, seeing Earth, no, the sun, as just a dot in the sky, roasting marshmellows with possibly a friend, maybe playing a banjo? that's comfy.
there is a fair amount of platforming, there is possibility of failure. the only thing it needs is a concrete win state that doesn't say "you discovered everything! games over now, you can go back and continue playing!"
more secrets, more stuff to explore, and small server coop would be nice.

Didnt jesus feed an entire group of people using that exact method

This game is real nice!
Building your own tiny RPG towns, with cute plot and side quests to fluff it out, all with that lovely Dragon Quest Charm, man its great!

I have been meaning to grab the DQ7 remake on 3DS recently, havent do to tight budget.
Dont know too much about it, anyone know if the Translations are still all odd like they were in the DS games?
Builders had a solid translation to it

5,000 people.

Rabi ribi? Momodora?

ASTRONEER

And interest lost

How is it?

Lovely Planet is world class comfy, it runs well too, I played it on my friends shitty pc, the music is top notch comfy.

Apparently its onsale 75% off for about a dollar or two including the soundtrack, I would buy it if I could access my steam account. Not to in inadvertently shill though since you can pirate it just as easily.

Piracy is Jesus's will confirmed

I just reminded my self that Cat Planet exists too, I am pretty sure that that game qualifies as comfy, light hearted goal no time limit etc.