/lit/ thread

Share and post current read, current project, library, bookshelf etc… famrade

This is my bookshelf atm. Yeah I know there's a lot of shit on it. I went through a fedora phase, but I'm out of it now, thankfully.

Right now, I'm reading a book called Marx's Labor Theory of Value: A Defense by Hayashi Hiroyoshi. So far, it's pretty good. It explains Marx's Labor Theory of Value in a way that's easy to understand, while giving a fair and accurate representation of Marx's views.

After I finish this, I plan on reading The Wretched of the Earth by Franz Fanon. The Wretched of the Earth is a book which analyzes the psychological effects of colonialism on the colonized. From what I've heard, it's one of the best anticolonialism books out there.

Readin Fred Jameson's postmodernism and Life and Fate by Grossman

Just finished Kruschev remembers which was pretty lelzy

send help

the trick is to start again after part 1, it will be much clearer on the second read, and parts2&3 aren't as hard as part1

Here i'll start for you

.A screaming comes across the sky. It has happened before, but there is nothing to compare it to now.
…..It is too late. The Evacuation still proceeds, but it's all theatre. There are no lights inside the cars. No lights anywhere. Above him lift girders old as an iron queen, and glass somewhere far above that would let the light of day through. But it's night. He's afraid of the way the glass will fall–soon–it will be a spectacle: the fall of a crystal palace. But coming down in total blackout, without one glint of light only great invisible crashing.
…..Inside the carriage, which is built on several levels, he sits in velveteen darkness, with nothing to smoke, feeling metal nearer and farther rub and connect, steam escaping in puffs, a vibration in the carriage's frame, a poising, an uneasiness, all the others pressed in around, feeble ones, second sheep, all out of luck and time: drunks, old veterans still in shock from ordnance 20 years obsolete, hustlers in city clothes, derelicts, exhausted women with more children than it seems could belong to anyone, stacked about among the rest of the things to be carried out to salvation. Only the nearer aces are visible at all, and at that only as half-silvered images in a view finder, green-stained VIP faces remembered behind bulletproof windows speeding through the city. . . .
…..They have begun to move. They pass in line, out of the main station, out of downtown, and begin pushing into older and more desolate parts of the city. Is this the way out? Faces turn to the windows, but no one dares ask, not out loud. Rain comes down. No, this is not a disentanglement from, but a progressive knotting into–they go in under archways, secret entrances of rotted concrete that only looked like loops of an underpass . . . certain trestles of blackened wood have moved slowly by overhead, and the smells begun of coal from days far to the past, smells of naptha winters, of Sundays when no traffic came through, of the coral-like and mysteriously vital growth, around the blind curves and out the lonely spurs, a sour smell of rolling-stock absence, of maturing rust, developing through those emptying days brilliant and deep, especially at dawn, with blue shadows to seal its passage, to try to bring events to Absolute Zero . . . and it is poorer the deeper they go . . . ruminous secret cities of poor, places whose names he has never heard . . . the walls break down, the roofs get fewer and so do the chances for light. The road, which ought to be opening out into a broader highway, instead has been getting narrower, more broken, cornering tighter and tighter until all at once, much too soon, they are under the final arch: brakes grab and spring terribly. It is a judgment from which there is no appeal.
…..The caravan has halted. It is the end of the line. All the evacuess are ordered out. They move slowly, but without resistance. Those marshaling them wear cockades the color of lead, and do not speak. It is some vast, very old and dark hotel, an iron extension of the track and switchery by which they have come here. . . . Globular lights, painted a dark green, hang from under the fancy iron eaves, unlit for centuries . . . the crowd moves without murmurs or coughing down corridors straight and functional as warehouse aisles . . . velvet black surfaces all this time just reopened to accommodate the rush of souls, of cold plaster where all the rats have died, only their ghosts, still as cave-painting, fixed stubborn and luminous in the walls . . . the evacuess are takin in lots, by elevator–a moving wood scaffold open on all sides, hoisted by old tarry ropes and cast-iron pulleys whose spokes are shaped like Ss. At each brown floor, passengers move on and off . . . thousands of these hushed rooms without light. . . .
…..Some wait alone, some share their invisible rooms with others. Invisible, yes, what do the furnishings matter, at this stage of things? Underfoot crunches the oldest of city dirt, last crystallizations of all the city had denied, threatened, lied to its children. Each has been hearing a voice, one he thought was talking only to him, say, "You didn't really believe you'd be saved. Come, we all know who we are by now. No one was ever going to take the trouble to save you, old fellow. . . ."
…..There is no way out. Lie and wait, lie still and be quiet. Screaming holds across the sky. When it comes, will it come in darkness, or will it bring its own light? Will the light come before or after?

But it is already light

WTF are those books in arabic?

Human Action
Marxism Unmasked
Free to Choose
Man, Economy and State

and Bastiat's works, mainly The Law

I finally read Catcher in the rye.

Now i'm reading the Chernobyl book(don't know how it's called in english) by Svetlana Alexievich.

Are you in the middle East? Where?

are you our Iraqi comrade or another Middle East lefty?

If anyone wants to read War and Peace with 4chan /lit/ there's a readthrough starting Saturday :3

Guess I need to up my theory game huh and clean up

Prolly gonna start reading L'etranger and Society of the Spectacle in the next couple days.
Nothing, currently. Mostly just shitposting on twitter.
I still feel clueless even as I read more philosophy.
Sturgill Simpson, Wu Tang Clan, Some Communist Music and Assorted Classical bullshit.
It's always sunny in Philadelphia and 80's action movies.
Whatever I can get my hands on tbqh
Gonna replay EarthBound and I'm trying to get into F-Zero but the skill curve is insane.

I'm that Iraqi living in India if you're talking about me.

Spring Snow by Yukio Mishima and Churchill's The Hinge of Fate from his history of the Second World War.
This shitty post.
Japandroids, Jason Isbell, Judas Priest, and maybe some which don't start with the letter J.
Ardbeg 10
A lot of hockey, football, and Christmas shit.
Darkest Hour (Kaiserreich) and Dark Souls III.

I will be there.

Kafka's the castle
A french sci fi anthoogy, each book is focused on a different topic, right now i'm reading tales of psychics
Fortan Times, imagine if /x/ was a magazine
Lots of comics and some poetry

Painting a comic ATM
I wonder how can I incorporate class conscious messages on genre narratives

I want to write an essay about how a post trump world is a post joke world

Too much stuff to list

orange soda

Star Wars 7 its shit

Unreal (1998)

Yup, everything checks out

feels badman

Does anyone read not by whats available for you to read but read in a logical order? Lets say I have 5 books on Topic A and 2 books on Topic B, however i want to get another book on Topic A. I wont start studying Topic B until I feel satisfied that I have understood Topic A enough to move onto to something else

For example

reading Jameson's postmodernism and then immediately jumping to Soviet memoirs seems like a huge leap to me

What's that sword for?

Ave Satana

L'etranger was breddy gud. I hope you like it.

Mongol Queens: How the daughters of Ghengis Khan Rescued his Empire
Smut and/or maybe something for bunkermag
A friend gave me Ecce Homo months ago for my birthday so I should probably start that at least.
Wo Fat - Midnight Cometh
Various season anime
I'm a bottle of wine by day, pot of coffee by night
Zomboid and Romance of the Three Kingdoms

It's a secret.
That's also a secret.
Freud was actually right about a lot of things.
That starts next year.
Whatever's being dropped on 4/wsg/
Ale. Lots of it. Tried Kilkenny and just wtf comrade where's the hop? I get nitrogen instead? Fucking irish.
Avatar the Last Airbender never seen it before it's bretty gud.
I haven't played a vidya gaem in so long. I might play a VN soon tho.

i'll have you know that's a free water cup, I'm costing Starbucks money by going in when I'm thirsty

I do need to clean up though, but how does paint make me unemployable. I mean I don't technically have a job but…

not theory
Michael Hampton figure drawing
Theological Apologist text.
Council communist left libertarian sub market organic democracy aka BEST THEORY
Exploring the materialistic bases of Hegel not as an idealist but as a phenomenology
Classical music
Tea
nothing
Morrowind and Dark souls III

Well you see, user, if you have a paintbrush that means you paint sometimes, therefore you're a starving artist. Simple logic u see

Reading Imperialism: The Highest Stage of Capitalism right now. I think it's pretty interesting the way banking cartels under capitalism essentially end up controlling the entire economy and driving imperialism in search of new markets and resources.

Are there any books that deal with be same kind of stuff in a more modern context?