Nostalrius Part 3: Shaman is best class edition

Nostalrius is a dank Vanilla 1000% Blizzlike Progressive Private Server that was up in the past and was resurrected on the 17th of December 2016.
Our Horde Guild has been playing on the Server before and will play again as soon as he is up.
There are 2 Realms currently available (PVP and PVE), we play on the PVP one.
You can find us on
>>>/nostalrius/
The New Hosts for the Server are the Devs of the well-known Elysium group with old Nost devs.

elysium-project.org/play
Just follow the guide you pleb

Create a new Account and follow the Instructions here:
elysium-project.org/control
Keep in mind that you CANNOT merge both an old Elysium and Nostalrius account into this new one. You have to make a new account for each.

Other urls found in this thread:

db.vanillagaming.org/
addons.us.to/addons
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TdTqUiDQ-wpHG2z58kLPMV1GJk5uIjIPL0InhRyyTY8/edit?pli=1#gid=406513443
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes
wow.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Normalization&oldid=316536
youtube.com/watch?v=g-bISta2Dxw
files.catbox.moe/7x24rq.7z
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11669#wh-comments
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=14525
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13405
youtube.com/watch?v=vX1dPTAQ5_U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

If the quest involves looting items from the ground, you're fucked.

I quit WoW in 2005. I have no idea what the fuck I'm doing.

What are some good resources for vanilla builds and addons for me to be a lazy faggot with quests?

>
You faggots still erping a raiding guild?

questie

Can you outcamp the chinese?

Thanks. I'll look it up. Any sites for vanilla builds? I'm gay and made a warrior.

db.vanillagaming.org/?talent

Shit, I'm sorry.

/dorffort/??

Only if you want to make it on /fresh/

Starting from the bottom maybe

i never played wow and i have problem with getting invested in games. would playing thisbe a good idea?

how about you go and try it ya dumbass

Its never too late to start

Thisbe isn't very good.

Is there a vanilla equivilent of BagSync addon? Or something that tells you how much of an item you have on your bag, bank and alts? I keep buying the limited recipes on haste and now i have 3 red bag patterns

how are bg queue times at 60? I plan on being a dickass rogue, but if the wait is long i'll probably pass.

I miss day long AVs

UHHHH

Pick one.

Axa pls come back

I'm straight as an arrow and I made a female undead warrior.

Undead I can believe but a female warrior is pushing fantasy too far

female undead have best melee animations tho like the flip overhead slash

Please invite
Kirmukarmu
for the guild

Shabbat shalom good goys. Invite Paulsoros to the guild or you'll hear from my six gorillion lawyers.
I tried to make Georgesoros but it was taken, had to settle for his brother Paul Soros.

Invite Tufuku, shamn master race

this is why you just grind on whatever mob drops the most greys until 5ish then get the fuck outa there.

shaman or warlock

Did servers just crash?

evens shaman odds warlock

Servers been garbage and a lot of problem since re-launch. I'm going to stick with Kronos II till things get fleshed out.

Think so, back in

Huh. Back to level 4 I guess

That's another thing I heard about, roll backs have been brutal with some new characters getting deleted.

Does anyone have a workaround for the nostalrius import? I'm still getting the "we're experiencing technical difficulties" message.

Fuck another crash

Game Info Database
db.vanillagaming.org/

Addon Database
addons.us.to/addons

Pre-Raid Best In Slot Gear
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1TdTqUiDQ-wpHG2z58kLPMV1GJk5uIjIPL0InhRyyTY8/edit?pli=1#gid=406513443

rollin'
praise kek

and when does the new elysium server come out?

rollin'

rollin for something good

I roll yes

guess its time to make a qt healslut

also who do I message to get into the guild

aye

Apparently there was a blog post that said they will announce the release date of the fresh server on the 25th.

ENJOY THE GRIND

this is why I agree with "You think you do but you don't"

Playing a warrior any time in the first few years was complete horseshit.

Roll

one easy way to make warrior levelling tolerable is to only kill things below your level. it's suddenly a breeze and you practically never have to sit and eat if you have blood craze.

Any alliance players here?

What's going to be our guild?

ay fam. invite Rodzaevsky. Used to be Holylass but lost that account. Here we go again.

Invite Shekerru too. This game's no fun without you fags.

also zyklonbee

and add DzeusPL

I'd invite you if you were online

pls respond

Ask my waifu @Jakira on the elysium discord

rell

Flaplo is my waifu.

I'm computer illiterate, but I found out how to torrent it just fine. What is the best way to protect my IP?

Keep it green or invest in a vpn

Millenials pretending WoW was ever good on a server that plays nothing like retail

It's tedious, grindy, likes to lag out and that fucker just stole my quest mob. Sure feels like retail did back in the day.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Five_Eyes

millenials pretending they aren't millenials.

I might come play if i could manage to get my account back, but i'm not sure i remember what i used for account name and password.
The token generator seemed to just require you to remember 2 out of 3 of the acc name, PW, and email, so a lucky guess should have done it, but i seem to get jack shit so far.
Account registration did use to require email, right? it wasn't optional?
Anybody got any wise ideas?

nice. cant access elysium's site

Is it required for a download like this? What is the worst that can happen?

what a shitty map. im in the country to the right next to italy and we're practically pirate nation over here.

and nobody needs a vpn

Yeah that too. You guys aren't very good at it though.

so much for being a pirate nation

m8 i was on it yesterday. something's fucked rn, this has nothing to do with it

Never played WoW before though I've played Warcraft 3 and loved the lore and other mmos, downloading the client right now.

it hurts

Help me out, what classes are in demand?

If there is no answer to that I'll just be a Tauren warrior.

Go for it. warrior is either tank or DPS, which is fine.

What the fuck is this shit?

Alright, we don't have a alliance guild do we? A while back the wow class description for warriors on their website had a cool looking dwarf in full t3, kinda been whatever I think of when I think warrior.

If not that's fine, Tauren shield blocking animation is cool.

It's video games, people play them and have fun despite what the Holla Forums hivemind suggests.

server needs more warriors, mages and rogues

How do you find mindless grinding that hasn't changed in over 10 years fun?
Why not just use drugs if you are so easily addicted? It's less pathetic.

Now I know you're bullshitting.

check the guild statistics and you will notice we need rogues badly

I don't know, how do you have fun bitching and moaning about people enjoying themselves on a 10 year old game?

Maybe you should be less negative, user, and just try to have fun.(✿◕‿◕)

How many of you will start playing on the fresh start server when it releases?

True

Raid ready cirklejerk compliant rogues*

ib4 ten faggots make a rogue right now, 4 stop playing before 31, 4 more before 50, one more before 60 and the last one leaves for a competent raiding guild

lacks mages and warlocks the most. Oh and warriors that don't pretend they are DPS.

B-but why? Being that badass dependable wall is objectively the best fantasy for a warrior.

Rollin

Exactly, all of our warriors are DPS warriors, we need tanks.

I-I'm a tankslut. We had a guild run last night, too. I even had to experience the horror of being stuck between TWO groups for SM today that had DPS warriors.

Well, I started him, but I need to finish some shopping. I'll ask for an inv when I get back.

Wait until you see level ~20 dps priests, druid tanks, bm hunters that believe their pet can replace a tank or shamans with warrior or dps fetishes.

Is this the fresh server yet?

jokes on you pall they're gonna top charts in raids regardless of how shit they are at the game because private servers don't have proper glancing blows.

Fresh server release date will be announced 25th of december.

What is this fresh server? Should I even bother leveling?

I'll pass then. Will there not be a guild in the fresh server? Are you fags commiting to a used goods server?

That is true but the thing is that tank warriors are not replacable by other classes while DPS warriors are.

Fresh server will follow the same progression as Nostalrius. There are actually quite a few of us leveling on the current PVP server and many have said that they want to stay on the old PVP server so there's that.

Are you going to answer the question or go full drone mode?

Does the pvp server not do the same?

nost pvp server is older and before the shutdown there were already many people in their 60s.
And because the shutdown attracted new players, they want to start on equal footing as everyone else.
Kinda bullshit but you know.

Yes, (You) are a baitnigger and a cuck and yes, you're still welcome to (re)join provided you contain some of that cancer.

This work for you fam?

Didn't get any "equal footing" when I started in bc.

Sounds like they are just wasting time making that server,

at the very least it'll help with the massive queue times.

Healers are failed tanks

I don't know what you mean by "full drone mode", why are you so hostile, user?

You're always welcome in the guild if you can muster a positive attitude (✿◕‿◕)

How can I be the cuck if i'm not the one financing blizzards bastard child of a game?

On another note, I had my retail controls to double mouse click and q e for movement, but when I try to pull the same thing here it just feels wonky.

Is it just because I've been out for a while or are the controls legitimately different somewhere and were changed along the line?

But we don't pay for the Nostalruse experience.

you can have an addon for changing it so it does things when you press a key rather than when you let it go.

Only matters for raid bosses. In dungeons, DPS Warriors are garbage tier unless there's a Shaman dropping WF totem. To be precise, they're garbage unless there's a Shaman or unless they're at 60 and covered in near-BiS blues. DPS Warriors are mostly dead weight since they have no CC, can't kite, can't AoE and their dmg while wearing green gear is absolute shit. Plus they're in melee and in zerker stance so they automatically take more damage than a ranged DPS while providing no utility.

rall

How many new guys are in the Horde PvP server guild?
How many people are planning on rolling on Fresh?

Fresh here

Waiting for fresh.

rollan

I'm waiting for fresh before I start my mage.

nostalrius transfer is broken, the token generation won't work even with all add-ons disabled and i'm too scared of the jews spying on my internets if i use discord to ask the admins for help
it was nice knowing you guys

New guy here, who do I ask for an invite

Just post your name in the thread.

Why do we play Vanilla instead of BC or WotLK?

Did in an earlier one, Tufuku

Rerolling warrior on Fresh. Still debating on whether to roll Tauren or Orc.

There were about a dozen faggots when I played earlier and I'd say they're mostly returning infinifags.

I doubt that more then a handful will actually play on it. First you'd need to abandon established characters to play the same faction on arguably the same server, and second the leveling on fresh will be even more saturated then on this one.

Vanilla WoW wasn't very demanding, was it? I may be willing to join you fags if I can get it to run in wine on my laptop. I tend to play sword&board warriors, which seem to be in demand.

> lacks mages and warlocks the most.
And I was almost thinking of rolling a Warrior/Druid because playing as pure DPS class means hell for finding a group.

As a lifelong shaman this is a lie and you know it

I started a new Tauren Warrior on PvP serb.
Greatly looking forward to removing other warriors from my group that want to "DPS" in shit like WC.

Invite Thiccer niggers

What's the faction ratio?

if they ever did change the controls I imagine it was done during Cataclysm. I played till Wrath on and off and never remember the controls changing.

I'm prob not going to play fresh anymore.
Sever will prob be shutdown again before then too, or the Holla Forums guild will fall apart.

At least on Nost we have ZG and Soon AQ20 we could realistically do. I'm tired of starting over, I just wanna finish vanilla and move onto BC.

50/50, goes back and forth but its pretty even. 9-11k concurrent players.

might wanna invest in cryosleep then.

Well, they are viable for 5-man dungeon tanking until you get close to the end game.

How do mages play in vanilla? I didn't play pure casters until TBC.

Well you fuckers weren't kidding about warrior leveling. Not even out of mulgore and I want to kill myself.

Warrior was pure suffering, even as fury. Arms is just ass until decent gear. whirlwind axe LOL

Make sure to use Demoralizing Shout on everything, makes a huge difference in dmg taken.

levelling anything in Mulgore makes you want to kill yourself.

Mulgore is the best starting zone, you shut your whore mouth. Its comfyness is what insures a good journey through the Barrens.

Dwarven area and venture co. camps are a nightmare to deal with.

Is the Elysium website down for anyone else?

yeah, not even getting an error message. just a blank page.

these people really don't want me to play

seems like the server is massively overpopulated

What are you doing?

Add me, Anahohl level 15 undead mage.

I'm thinking of making a Shaman when the fresh server comes but I might stick to mage here.

site's back up
tokens still don't work
life is back to normal

I want that tauren to fuck me

That's why you'll never be the oldest fag

You're right, I should've meme'd harder.
I don't want to lose my account tbh fam
I feel weak

You're no fam of mine. Nigger didn't even casual meme or nothing. >pal

But did you level each of them to 60?
I suck at videogames and barely even have time.
It's a tough process.

~4 ~30s and 2 60s on them. Obviously RAID RDY

Again, no regrets. it's the journey with you fags that mattersand if I remember correctly you also suck at hunting mice but you still got that fucker in the end

You remembered that ancient shit, well done.
I just can't make another account.
I'll give up halfway through probably.

Tell you what, when you're ready to roll a newfag and could use some leveling bants just meme.
You know how to meme, don't you, pal?

i know exactly how to meme
thanks my man.

Go ahead and suck my Cow-cock, you fucking faggots.
I wanna play with you infinity fags.
Playing PS2 with WWEW was the most fun I ever had in an online game, playing WoW classic with all of you all can only be better.

Thanks, muh negros.

there goes the neighborhood

is this from nost?

well yeah no shit, you are in a nost thread after all.

Its not.

Though you did roll a druid for pretty painless levelling…

Pottu is on Elysium now

Why would I want to play old wow again? Someone who used to play old wow but doesn't play wow anymore

vanilla and tbc have good social aspect

WoW started sucking major AIDs dick after burning crusade. The vanilla days were definitely better than the pozzed piece of shit it is today.

What's the most useful out of the two, mages or locks?

It depends, but for PvE mages all the way. Warlocks have a hard time with lots of enemies being immune to fire, or resistant to shadow. As well as immunities to fear.

mage

you can be a MUCH worse dickass rogue out in the world.

Infinity is a PvE focused guild right?

We're a "whatever seems like a fun thing to do at the moment" guild.

I dont like how that list has paladin on it
dont you faggots roll paladin

can I get an invite?

Well i played a mage on retail but only from bc onwards. how different is van mage and van lock gameplay wise? Wouldn't destro basicly be close to the same but with a pet?

Add goonsquad and spam me when im online, christmas shit currently so i cant be on much right now.

god damn holylass i thought you were dead

I have no idea, I suck at this game! :^)

Mage is OP in vanilla so you will be fine

Oh god, those keybinds. That UI. It hurts so bad.

what's wrong with it?

When we finally get the announcement date for the fresh server, would anyone be interested in making an Alliance guild over on it?

It's about real estate. This isn't just about WoW but games in general.

Skills you use in combat the most frequently should be bound to 2-5. The idea is to concentrate your most important and frequent key presses to a single area on your keyboard to maximum efficiency. So for a Warrior you'd want stuff like Heroic Strike, Mortal Strike/Bloodthirst, Overpower and Slam to be prime 2-5 keys. After that you move further away from the comfort zone into 1 and 6, Q, E, R, T and F (maybe G if you have big hands). For those keys you want important skills that you use frequently but aren't part of your core skill you spam all the time. So stuff like Charge/Intercept, Shield Bash/Pummel, PvP trinket, racial skill, Intimidating Shout, Demo Shout, Thunder Clap, etc. After that you use Z, X, C, V, B, Y and H for rarely used abilities like your 30 minute skills, clicky items, trinkets, grenades, Battle Shout, etc. After that you use modifiers (shift/ctrl/alt) to fill up those keybinds with other skills. For example your stances are super important, so you'd want to bind them to like CTRL 1-2-3, stuff like Demo/Tclap can be bound to like F and Shift-F since they're similar, etc, etc. The important point to remember is that you want to minimize your hand and finger movement. Again, this goes for any game.

Think of an archery target. Placement of UI element follows the same principle: the most important elements are the bulls-eye and the further away you get from the center, the less important the information should be. Translation: dead center you need to have a clear view of your character and surroundings. First layer is the most important information related to combat: your health/cast bar, target health/cast bar, ToT, important cooldown duration tracking (not the cooldown itself, how long the buff has left on you or the debuff has left on the target) and debuffs. Next layer is personal cooldown tracking (usually done through your skill bar or a small window if you have a lot of stuff to track like on a Mage or Rogue), important messages like Spell Alert or Big Wings, if you're a healer you want the party/raid frames here, pet bar for Warlocks/Hunters. Next layer is important stuff that you don't need to keep track of but you need to be able to look at at a glance: threat meter, raid/party frame for non healer, buffs, proximity window, etc. And finally at the corners of your UI you have stuff you almost never look at in combat but are sometimes important and out of combat elements. So chat window, menu/bar bags, mini-map, clock, quest objectives, loot window.

Here's my incomplete UI for an example. I use a buff bar mod to be able to place my debuffs closer to the center (right next to the spider in that window).

Nothing will ever beat just having a keypad on your mouse

I wish more companies would do this, it's so fucking great

That's some great advices, thank you senpai

invite Aleeppo if anyone is awake

MERRY CHRISTMAS from

You use slam?

You use thunder clap? What the fuck am I reading?

Good rage dump in some situations, but only when using a slow 2h weapon.

It has its uses, no reason not to have it bound.

pottu gonna ban your ass for triggering him

Dickass rogues are all about ganking people in world PvP.

Best way to make Warrior grind tolerable is to bend over, accept your grind rate sucks, and start tanking dungeons for exp.

I think the only rational thing to do is roll a tank warlock.

Roll Undead. It's even more one-sided against Warlocks and Priests plus you can use your racial Cannibalize as a 35% bandage.

But if you hate Rogues and Paladins, go Orc for 25% stun resist and try to get 5/5 Iron Will from Prot so you have 40% stun resist total. In that case you're probably going to want Fury so you're not an immobile sack of shit.

Are you one of those idiots PvPing as Enhance and getting frustrated by all the kites and CCs? 30/0/21 NS with Tauren War Stomp is the way to go, son. Shamans are hilariously powerful casters in vanilla.

Go tank and run dungeons, faggot. It beats the suffering that is solo grinding.

He moved to Elysium.

Alliance -> Mage
Horde -> Take your pick

Being an Alliance Warlock is suffering in PvP. Tremor Totem and Will of the Forsaken makes a miserable joke out of your class. Horde side it's take your pick, really. Mages are more mobile, have pushback avoidance, and get stronger slows and immobilizes, but Warlocks have a ton of DoTs, higher HP, CCs, a pet, and a bunch of self-heals.

If you are playing a horde Mage go undead though, because Shadow Priests and Warlocks tend to demolish Mages with their fears and other shit. Having Will of the Forsaken on top of your PvP trinket really turns those fights around, whereas regeneration and berserking are both useless.

You could also go Shadow Priest, in which case your choices are either Undead or Troll. Troll has some amazing racial spells (Shadowguard has monster spelldmg scaling and Hex of Weakness's heal reduction is good against everyone) whereas Undead gets Devouring Plague (big dot, big heal, big mana cost, big cd, but awful scaling) and Will of the Forsaken. If you ask me in PvP Trolls do better with high spell damage but Undead are better without it. If you want to raid as Shadow Priest I think Shadowguard is going to provide some more DPS.

If you are DPSing as fire you need to shoot yourself in the face. Shadowbolts do superior damage and Searing Pain gets 2x aggro so you only fucking use that shit if you are PvPing maybe or trying to tank. As for Shadow resist, Warlocks cast Curse of Shadow and lower the resist by 75.

As for fear immunities, Warlocks can also banish elementals and demons, and enslave demons (making them temporary pets). They can also seduce with Succubus pet but anything that's fear immune is probably also immune to charm. Mages can poly undead though.

Slam is underrated. It costs 15 rage and lets you get your auto in 1.5 seconds with some bonus damage on top. It's also one of the few non-normalized attacks, so the slower your weapon, the better Slam is. It does reset your swing timer when it lands but you still get faster attacks using it when you can spare the rage.

Warlocks can blast like mages and DoT like shadow priests, but they have a weak (30%) instant slow, no immobilize, no blink, and no pushback avoidance except on channels. On the upside they have self-heals and fear and seduce (but both are on the same DR and both fail against Will of the Forsaken and Tremor Totems). Horde Warlocks can make like mages and use Succubi to Seduce + Trinket Soul Fire enemies as their opener though and they have a lot of self-heals and a brief instant burst+selfheal+fear in the form of Death Coil (which actually ignores normal trinkets/dr/immunities). The three Warlock PvP specs are SM/Ruin (also known as the cookiecutter warlock spec, for the longest time in vanilla it was the only viable warlock spec, and it is also the one spec good for everything from raiding to PvPing to farming - it combines instant DoTs with high damage shadow bolts), Soul Link (typically some 5/31/11 + 3 shit - this build is mostly just ridiculously hard to kill), and Conflag (which is very bursty but has no real slow, weaker and fewer DoTs, and weaker Shadow Bolts than SM/Ruin, but at least you can pick up some demonology talents for much better survival with the surplus).

For more odd shit there's also the SM/DS (30/21/0) which is the ultimate farm spec and is also called more Shadow Priest than the Shadow Priest, esp. in PvP. It has the slows and DoTs of SM/Ruin with the hitpoints and improved healthstones of demonology, plus it can either sacrifice a Succubus to do 15% more shadow damage or the voidwalker to get glorious health regen at all times (people prefer the VW), but it has shittier shadow bolts unless it procs an instant SB with Nightfall (which hits pretty hard if you sacrificed the succubus), bad crits, no instant shadowburn blast, and no pet. Since the instant burst is crap while the DoTs and self-heals are good it basically excels at attrition, although you still have a small instant burst combo in the form of Trinket + Death Coil + Searing Pain or anything you can set up with fear or engineering grenades. Usually you use Death Coil to set up a Fear though. You'll probably want to keep spellstones ready to use against casters since you have no Felhunter. The self-dispel and shield from a spellstone is rather underrated.

I guess my old account is. RIP. I like endgame priest, hate leveling priest. Mage or lock this time I guess.

Shamans have too much shit going on, rogues are boring for PVE, and I already played druid/mage/hunter in retail.

I might pick Warrior for fresh but I understand it's going to be seriously tough with no income and slow as fuck leveling. That alone is making me hesitant, a warrior would be better as an alt once I have money and items sitting around.
Then I -still- have to be a tank at endgame because no one wants an Arms DPS.

I thought every move a warrior has outside of bloodlust worked this way.

Warriors are boring and weak as fuck though. They need 60 and epics to become terminators. Until then, anyone and their grandmother can rape your corpse. If you want to PvP without epics, Fury spec is probably better so you have more options and better rage generation, plus they have solid damage. Arms on the other hand just brutalizes people quickly with ginormous swings, but it really needs high damage gear to work. If you have income issues, you might as well consider herbalism and alchemy because there are a shitload of potions that sell well, even at low levels (swiftness potion, invisibility potion, restorative potion).

That still leaves Warlocks, Priests, and Paladins though. Paladins are even more boring than Warriors though, although AoE grinding might improve that a bit (Consecrate scales with 32% of attack power and 32% of spell damage added, divided across 8 seconds). I think the secret of Paladin AoE grind is concentration aura with consecrate (use blessing of might and seal of the crusader for that attack power) and some reflective shit, then self-casting heals while you get mobbed by giant groups until they are all dead. With concentration aura paladins can actually get 100% casting pushback avoidance and heal with ease.

Alternatively you can try Warlocks or Priests. Warlocks actually grind fairly fast. They usually just DoT multiple mobs and split aggro between themselves and their pet while they kill shit, then Life Tap and bandage up between fights (no need for food and water) and they get much better at it as they level up (affliction tree is best). Priests though have a slower grind with fewer DoTs and drains.

Nope. Your attack power's damage bonus scales up with your weapon speed, but a lot of instant attacks and the like use preset weapon speeds instead of your normal weapon speed to calculate the attack power bonus. That said a slower weapon will probably still have higher average damage itself, but it no longer cashes in harder on attack power. Conversely fast 2Hs now use the attack power coefficient of slower weapons on instant attacks and crap.

This was done because in the early days of WoW people would grab the slowest weapons they could find and absolutely devastate people. Rogues were all about the Barman Shanker and Warriors were all about the Arcanite Reaper (3.80 speed) and Mortal Strike (which did double damage back then too) and Whirlwind to obliterate people. If a Warrior had The Nicker from LBRS (4.00 speed weapon), that was even worse. Warriors would actually prefer blue Arcanite Reapers over epic 2Hs with higher DPS simply because of the weapon speed conferring higher attack power bonuses on instant attacks. Blizzard later normalized attack power coefficients on a lot of instant attacks to encourage people to favor weapons with high DPS, nerfing Mortal Strike, and massively increasing the amount of spell damage so that melees weren't raping everything with their attacks.

wow.gamepedia.com/index.php?title=Normalization&oldid=316536

Any attacks not on the list of normalized attacks still scale with slow weapon speed. That includes Shaman Windfury / Stormstrike and a Paladin's Reckoning bombs and a Warrior's Slam.

Weapon speed attack power normalization:

To play horde or alliance, that is the question.

Also, i'm absolutely loving the pace and difficulty of vanilla. Some of these low-level mines are a graveyard with dead players everywhere because they pulled more than 1 mob at the time.

Its also a relief to be able to level up your professions along with your character, and then craft yourself better gear, where as in retail you tend to quickly out-level the earlygame professions.

Once I get the proper levels, you gankers are fucked.

Of course it doesnt post the fucking image

that was fixed with WoD I think, but you had to look up the information/find out for yourself, it required one to visit the expansion zones to make it obvious to the player

Didn't they just make it easier for high-level characters to level up a new profession?

Anyway, in retail wow you can easily get to level 30 in under 3 hours with the dungeon finder, and after every dungeon you're rewarded with a blue item in the bag.
Both the speed you level up + the gear you're given makes professions completely useless except for endgame moneymaking.

If you are playing a Warlock, it's no question. Play Horde. Alliance Warlocks are fucking crippled in PvP against an endless tide of undead Will of the Forsaken and Shaman Tremor Totems and every class other than the Warrior that can be Undead is typically over 70% Undead. Warlocks are heavily dependent on Fear and Seduce for PvP and they are unreliable as fuck against horde which breaks it with WotF on top of trinkets and Tremor Totems which break Fear and Seduce in a goddamn AoE at regular pulsing intervals.

Warlocks might as well be a Horde-only class for all the good it does. Playing as Alliance is just suffering given the massive Horde-only Warlock counters. Alliance only gets Fear Ward and since a resisted Fear doesn't trigger diminishing returns (and Fear has no CD, unlike Fear Ward) you can just cast it twice in a row, rendering Fear Ward a mere nuisance rather than a crippling disability.

If you're playing Horde you have two PvP options, Orc or Undead. Undead is good for WotF (and maybe a Cannibalize as a second bandage if you're lucky) which helps you win against Priests (a matchup you should already win) and Warlocks (which would be a coin-toss). The value of WotF rises here if you're planning on PvPing without a Felhunter or using something other than your PvP trinket. Orc on the other hand is better for the 25% stun resist against Paladins, Rogues, Engineers, Tidal Charms, Warriors, and random stun procs. I'm inclined to say that you need more help against these than Alliance Priests and Warlocks, but either pick has its benefits.

What they did in WoD was twofold.
First, gathering professions can gather any material at any skill level, regardless of what the minimum requirement used to be. If your skill level is lower than that minimum, though, you get a micro-version of the item you were trying to get. Leather scraps, ore nuggets, herb leaves, and such. You can combine ten of them into a single version of the original item.
Crafting was unchanged for old world recipes, but WoD recipes could be made at any skill level, though recipes that create other crafting materials would be better at the skill cap than lower (example: 8 Cloth made instead of 20 for Tailoring).
Legion got rid of the scraps mechanic and just let you get full materials at any skill level, but it also made it so you need "ranks" in each gathering/crafting choice in order to get more materials when gathering/use less materials when crafting.
Both expansions also made crafting and gathering utterly worthless in terms of gearing yourself, as quests would easily give you better gear while you level than you could craft. Endgame crafting gear was only on par with raid gear if you spent dozens of hours grinding out the rare materials to upgrade them in WoD, and thanks to Titan/Warforging RNG, any gear you get from any quest, dungeon, raid, or PVP loot box can be better than Legion's endgame crafting gear even if you do grind out the upgrade materials.

Local infernal wishes alliance a merry christmas and a happy new year.

lil quality of life tip for lowbies trying to avoid being ganked on boats.

Thanks brode

Warlock would only be a pick for me if I could confirm pets aren't broken like they are on most private servers.
I had a level 19 in retail for PVP and had never tried anything past that.

Right now my Nost PVP mage is level 20, and I have no intention of being a horde mage because I don't like troll or undead - however, femOrc warlock is totally on the table.

Actually was a thing. Pic related.

Most absolutely this. You get great xp and the loot makes a humongous difference. You'll never struggle to find groups and you can kick out anyone that would compete on your loot.

Consecrate was fixed and no longer scales from AP.

100k mana on the dot

truly the best feeling

Oy vey it's like annuda shoah

Mana was changed in panda to be a flat value at max level so there no longer would be scaling issues in the later tiers of content. Not sure if that's still a thing in Legion though.

Yeah, it's still a thing. Intellect just provides spell damage (and maybe crit) now. Speaking of, spell power was removed and replaced with more intellect.

Oh yea, some other concerns of mine are that the server will have 8 debuff limit for at least the first few months, and that warlocks seem to have a ton more spells than mages and I don't know where to put them all.

Bar2 only gives 5 bars by default, and I've got a level 60 testing character right now and already ran out of room for everything that isn't garbage (like a firestone)

What spells do people really not bother with as affliction?

Leveling, raid or pvp? Also arguably you need 4-5 spells in any case.

Warlocks and Paladins have a lot of buttons to push. The thing is, a lot of these buttons don't have to be bound. Stuff like create stone spells, demon armor, eye of kilrogg, etc. You can just make an out-of-the-way bar and stick all your clicky spells on it without having to worry too much. Use Bongos as your bar mod to help with that.

If it doesn't cause any interference, I might use both.
Bar2 for my main shit and then Bongos for another 2-3 extra, smaller bars at half transparency for all this fluff.

I don't know. I guess all?
I'm not a diehard PVPer (in fact, I won't even play enough to pass Sergeant) but I do enjoy messing around in battlegrounds.
I am not anxious about the endgame because I might not even get past ZG (and leveling to 60 may take me up to 4 months) it's totally dependent on how much free time I have in 2017.

wew lads

youtube.com/watch?v=g-bISta2Dxw

Oh shit I was expecting it a week later than that. Rank13, ho!

everyone and their mother knew fresh server release will be in early january

Invite Thiccer you jews

This is interesting. I'll give it a shot.

Also worth noting that you can idle on one enemy to build up rage, then just spam slams on the next energy with the rage you built up. Can be used to make quick work of mobs you just don't feel like putting up with.

Someone post that capped conversation that some faggot had with the tranny please

Fuck man, I need to get on to trying to get my account verified.

great design on these racials, holy shit

What's a good set of addons to get? It's been forever since vanilla and I forgot what even existed

Well the undead racial shows just how little thought they put into them

also you can aggro critters during a fight with demo shout and position itself so it always crits you from behind for like 2 max to get more blood craze tics.

I've never played WoW before, how does this work, shekel wise? Do I have to buy a subscription to WoW to be able to play on this server?

no.

I need some help.

I'm struggling to find a proper addon that displays a digital timer on my dots and debuffs on a target.

I tried Omnicc but the vanilla version only displays your own cooldowns and not the duration of your dots on a target.

I need some help.

I've posted my name for an invite 4 times and the big guy who thinks he's in charge keeps crashing my plane.

Invite Tufuku and Stilgarr

After giving some thought, I am ready to play an orc warlock with Infinity. I will keep my gnome mage on Nost for any big dick damage cravings.

I must ask about professions. I'm assuming that I should leave gathering to the chinks and just go Tailoring/Alchemy, right?

No one cares. Vanilla Orc Hardiness is the real prize for Warlocks. 25% stun resist. Fuck Rogues, Warriors, and Paladins.

Finally get a chance to experience real wow again. Friend falls behind a bit. Won't let me help him. Says we should level by ourselves. Now it's the same problem as 10 years ago. Though fortunately I'm not playing horde this time from having those one or two teeny edge Lords who want to be the nigger badguys. Burned out now levelling by myself. Not that discord memers would be much better.

Does the server still has a 55minutes queue to join ?

Man, level 60 really feels shitty compared to being level 30 or 20.
The leather armor I could make was actually helpful and gave me an edge. There are so many people to dungeon with and classes didnt matter much.
The areas aren't shitty like with plaguelands.

How am I suppose to have fun if I gotta rely on other fags to help me make progress.

yeah max level content sucks in just about every MMO except maybe FFXI

here faggot

files.catbox.moe/7x24rq.7z
this definitely does it for the target unitframes. i know other options exist to have a seperate anchor for currently active debuffs/CC but i think they're kind of buggy. nostalrius and elysium forums both have threads for this kind of shit and there's still addon development for vanilla.

i wouldn't bother going with a set. just go with a full suite. something like RisenUI or pfui was made for Nostalrius so they have more up to date stuff. pfui is really slick.

Why isn't Naglering a pre-raid BIS for prot warrior?
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=11669#wh-comments

wew I was finally able to log in and look at my ring. What the fuck is this? Was this item changed in a patch that the nost server isn't up to yet? Before the merger it had the same stats as seen in the link in my previous post.

Might be the faggoty devs "fixing" the game

You wouldn't believe how much shit they've broken to stop chinese gold farmers, instead of you know, banning china

Man, WHAT THE FUCK. Look at this link and now look at what my fucking gauntlets turned into.
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=14525
Goddamn it, I'm fucking mad.

this has got to be some old database thing and not an intentional change made by the nost team because it would make no fucking sense to change this.

yep, DPS classes are easy and fun till 60, then you may as well stop playing unless you have healer and tank friends to play with.
Healer and tank classes are basically the reverse.
moral of the story: leveling as a duo with a class that has a hard time leveling makes 60 tolerable.
Could be worse: Before vanilla Wow you had EverQuest, where every level after 10 was less fun and more painful than Wow at 60 (unless you played a necromancer, of course)

Oh look they FUCKED UP MY SHOULDERS TOO. FUCKING FRENCH FAGGOTS. GODDAMN IT.
db.vanillagaming.org/?item=13405

What, you don't want spirit? FUCK YOU. Take that spirit you tank slut you.

wew lad

found the redditor

While I hate these fucking fag frogs, this might be because the vanilla.db database is linked mostly to a lot of TBC items as well. So this could be Nostalruse fuckery, or it could be just the pre-BC stats of the item. Vanilla had a lot of fucking retarded stat distributions.

Don't (You) believe in efficient bait? It's the current year, after all.

yeah you're a redditor, fuck off we're full

Fucking wew lad. I just bought pic related number 1 for 80g, equipped them, then looked in my bank and saw that I actually had pic related number 2 in there. Everything is fucked today.

Nice server. Crestfall when?

2nd is better anyway. You need to get that defense rating cap

does STR give parry in vanilla?

it effects block value.

are mining nodes not spawning for anyone else? I've done two full laps around dun morogh and found nothing.

First one is better, but not worth the 80g I spent on it.

okay I finally found one and I'm gonna camp it to see how long this shit takes.

jesus fucking christ over 10 minutes and still nothing.

If I remember right, starter zones never really were the best place for mining.

I've never had this problem on any other server.

Depends on the zone. Durotar and Dun Morogh are filled with copper while Mulgore, Elwynn and Teldrassil are god awful for it.

Elwynn actually has a lot but it's not spread out in a good pattern for efficient farming. You basically have to double back a lot instead of working in a circuit.

Is the nostalrius transfer still not working for everyone else? Has anyone managed to find a way to get it working?

fuck this. the server must be busted or something.

Which healing class lets me be the best healslut I can be?

Priest maybe. I'll be doing Shaman on /fresh/

pls no retail

Pffft, I have not even gotten my account to work. Let alone actually try to recover my old character

My dream server is one that uses upgraded models and has a transmog system

All MMOs need a transmog system

But user, muh pure vanilla experience

Actually this post makes me curious.

Why are people so against the transmog system anyways?
To me it's great because it lets you choose the appearance you want, no more ugly-as-sin armor combos, which was definitely an issue in TBC and to some extent vanilla and wotlk.

Yet some people absolutely hate it. Why?

Because it removes your ability to instantly judge someone's experience just by looking at them.

Fuck em

There are level 40-50 shit I'd rather be wearing than some of the toptier stuff

Fuck I hate this meme

Fresh soon fellow stalker.

are item stats still fucked? whats going on with that?

let me know when you're not playing on some shitty nost server with retarded custom content and mods like Pottu and I might play.

What kind of retarded custom content?

Were there always mines in AV? I don't remember this.

At least by the end of vanilla there were

Yeah they were always there. When AV first came out a lot of the players would actually care about them, but now people mostly just rush past each other.

Do people summon their respective raid bosses anymore? I haven't AV'd in a very, very long time.

Last time I played wow, during Wotlk nobody did anything but try to kill the boss asap. I figured this would carry over to Nostalrius.

Gone are they days of 5-8hr AV matches.

I'm playing AV right now and basically a bunch of alliance masses up on a little hill near galv, then they rush for frostwolf graveyard. If they fail to take it half the raid leaves, then the second half play defensive for an hour until they ultimately lose.

For a short while AV was actually balanced correctly in Legion and we were seeing the bosses being spawned for the first time in years.

Roll

Might as well, haven't made a character yet anyway

Huh. Haven't 'locked since early TBC

How are locks in Vanilla?

Warlocks are mushrooms.

Reminder that burgers using a VPN will automatically be put on government watch lists

So go all out, get a gun if you don't have one too.

Give em shit?

They are really important in group content in some ways:
-summoning
-soulstones
-healthstones
Fucked over in some ways:
-debuff limit
-poor threat management
But also pretty good in other ways:
-Fear is super strong in PvP
-Dots are strong in PvP (especially in early patches and with all the bugs in nost)
-tanky as hell if demon lock with good gear
-one of the easiest classes to solo as
-one of the easiest classes to level.

also:
-annoying to farm shards every time you log in
-micromanaging pets is fairly complicated.
-health->mana can be hard to get the hang of

My love of dots and being an irritating bastard is constantly at odds with my hatred for pet classes

And farming shards isn't annoying, what's annoying is the wasted bag space

I'll just post the source for those unfamiliar with this antique meme.
youtube.com/watch?v=vX1dPTAQ5_U

wait every time I log in I have to get soul shards?

what the fuck

They disappear just like mage food.

No they don't.

I take it Nostalrius is strictly Vanilla WoW with no chance of a Burning Crusade realm ever opening up eh? I'd like to roll out with you guys, but I'm a Blood Elfag.

They're supposed to release BC in the (((Future))) with an option to transfer characters to it.

Fuck off, we're full.

aye shawcross needs an invite when you can

I can't decide what to roll. Whats the most autistic class in vanilla?

I don't think I've ever seen a druid that didn't have a crippling spectrum disorder

rip

Tailoring/Engineering is much better rather popular. There's not much point going naked alchemy in vanilla. You can just buy everything off the AH and you don't even have the herbalism to go with it. All you do is transmute a bit for money.

The only shitty healbot is the Paladin, because while the Paladin gets amazing mana efficiency and half threat on his heals, he has pisspoor scaling so he will always have the weakest fucking heals of everyone (unless your tank is so bad at keeping aggro that the Paladin's half threat heals let him outheal others, in which case you have bigger problems). Any other healer is legit. For dungeons, the best healer is probably the Shaman because he also has a self-res and the worst would be a Druid because he OOMs fast and does not have a normal res (although go herbalism+alchemy and you got mana pots at least, but Druids use pots while shapeshifted in vanilla).

Most of their vanilla life was total trash (hence the mushroom reference from mute's video which was probably from around patch 1.4 where warriors devastated everything with Arcanite Reapers). Later on they got buffs to their DoTs (half the duration, same total damage), Death Coil (instant 3sec horror which cannot be trinketed out of). The main Warlock problems are bad slows and overreliance on Fears but with a good Fear or Seduce (play Horde so you don't have to go up against Will of the Forsaken or Tremor Totems) you can keep enemies off you and the buffed Death Coil now gives an instant 3sec Horror component (Fear that cannot be trinketed). Seduce is typically how a Warlock skullfucks warriors because they cannot trinket or Berserker Rage out of it so there's nothing like a timely seduce to just bandage up, cast Curse of Elements for some bonus damage, then Trinket Soul Fire (the Warlock's Pyroclasm, except Seduce does not heal your enemies so this can get very brutal) .

Play a fucking Warlock then. They're really not a pet-focused class. Their pets are more like stances in that you mostly care about the abilities they contribute. Succubus gives Seduce, Imp gives Blood Pact (and Fire Shield), Void Walker gives a big damage-absorbing shield by sacrificing the thing, Felhunter gives some Rogue detection (but unless you wear Catseye Goggles - engineering-only item - and/or use a Catseye Elixir on top, you still would hardly notice Rogues - if you use both though, you can be a giant asshole running around ganking stealthed rogues), Counterspell, and a minor dispel which is good for purging CCs off of you, and all of them (Felhunter and perhaps Imp in particular) can add some more attacks to slow down enemy casts.

If you really want to be an annoying high-DoT, pet-free bastard, there is the SM/DS build which sacrifices the pet (either Succubus for +15% damage or Voidwalker for unholy regen - the latter is usually better) and then DoTs the everloving shit out of enemies. It's described as "More Shadow Priest than the Shadow Priest." Make sure to get Engineering for much more tricks and nuisance while you're at it (just remember DoTs will probably break grenade stuns, but Goblin Rocket Boots and Discombobulator Rays alone are great fun - no one expects sprinting warlocks with double slows).

True, but at least there are giant soul shard bags and you get first dibs on all the biggest (18slot) general-purpose bags in your guild because you have to waste slots on shards.

Dude, if you don't know what you're talking about, don't talk. (Soul shards don't disappear.)

Hunters take the cake in terms of having complete retards who roll on everything. Rogues take the cake in terms of being colossal PvP faggots by sneaking up on people and stunning them to death. Paladins have the biggest autists on the forums. Make sure to yell you're gonna DPS as Paladin to rustle everyone's jimmies.

Fuck that, russian space goats for life

I feel so naked leveling with no main to get revenge when getting fucked with.

Just to be clear, if you love DoTs then play a Warlock. They can quadruple DoT their enemies (Corruption, Immolate, Siphon Life, and Curse of Agony although you'd probably prefer a utility curse, but an amped CoA does the most damage of all Warlock DoTs) without counting channels (ie. Drain Life) and pet attacks.

Paladin is absolute god tier in 5 mans and PvP though.

Reminder that Vancleef did nothing wrong.

Shouldn't need a main for fresh.

Speaking of, where are most of the Holla Forumsirgins going to be there? Alliance or Horde?

Pallys are broken as hell in WSG/AB if you have a good group. Get 3 in WSG or 4 in AB and you can curbstomp 99% of horde teams since you can charge out of the gate with a retarded amount of bubbles and lay on hands. In WSG horde can recover if they ignore the first fight and have a coordinated team effort, but in AB you basically autowin unless your team is terrible (though from my experience most people are terrible at vanilla BGs and either don't communicate or go full retard).

His daughter did everything right.

Personally Horde, but if I'm going to be associating myself with any chans, it sure as hell won't be on Alliance.

Nothing but ERPers, faggots, and drama queens there, and it makes sense considering the races that attract those sorts of people.
Just look at the /vg/ generals to get an idea of what an Alliance-side would be like.

Everytime I login now I get spammed by gold sellers.

I guess they have new tech now.

Apparently a bunch of people have gotten their accounts jacked which means you might have level 60's with non-chink names whispering you.

Thank G-d for the tolerant policies of the Elysium team, allowing the subhuman chink locusts to conduct themselves freely in this manner.

I think these chinks are trying to take Taiwan

Is the server fucking dead?

people on Nost didnt summon bosses or reavers/air support because Nost staff didnt script them properly so players just went with straight bunker/tower rush

Nost cunts became butthurt and added mines claiming its a "pre-nerf AV" which is bullshit because mines in AV were added in a mini-patch as an experiment and were removed 1 month later due to increased negative feedback from players

d e d
e e
d e d

Yeah, I'm getting 3-7 gold spamming messages soon as I log in.

The people who spam me aren't even low levels with random names, but people in 10-50 with guilds and all. I report them of course but fuck this server.

I think I'm gonna wait for Crestfall since they are going to prevent chinks from connecting, or so I hear.

you know of any other up-to-date vanilla ui addons?

Why the fuck are there so many people on this server?
I don't get it. I can't even do quests because I have so many competitors, this wasn't the case with old nost.

This certainly explains why the server seems to only have a queue at Chink-night