Just started this. To any of you veterans who completed this rage game what was your comfiest and most fun build?

Just started this. To any of you veterans who completed this rage game what was your comfiest and most fun build?

Other urls found in this thread:

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/poise
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Comfiest as in safest and effective? Sword and board of course!
If you wanna git gud - go for two handed weapons and learn how poise actually works. It's both more challenging and rewarding system than one from DS1.
If you want casually bullshit through everything - ol good shield + thrusting weapon is your choice. Rapier is faster, lighter than most weapons, but still packs a lot of punch, so that's your first candidate.

Falchion took me through the entire game once I got it. Also was good at PVP if you gave enough of a shit and abused the run attack.

how does poise work

It doesn't. Ignore it.

what is poise

Ebin

tl;dr it turns on during specific animations, mostly for big and giant weapons. The more poise you have, the harder it is to flinch you during those animations.
You CAN'T just walk through attacks like in old souls games.

Long version is on some wiki or whatever, look it up if you want go autistic about it.

Ok, listen.

There is a hidden poise value that depletes every time you take a hit. You have 28.1 poise points that raise at a rate of 0.018 per quarter of a second in odd seconds and per one sixth every even second, once poise reaches the magical 28.1 you becomes poise-able and your poise frames will become active at the end of a roll if you're two-handing a weapon. However it only works if you're hit below a 90º angle and poise has a 10% chance of only slightly interrupting your animation as opposed to completely interrupting it when poise fails.

First thing first, turn on anti-aliasing in your graphic card settings to the max. This shit is jaggy as fuck.

Second - its too easy, especially if you go with knight or warrior. The first playthrough in general is easy.

RESTART YOUR GAME AND SELECT DEPRIVED

Or else you are a pussy, and won't get a slightest challenge. Even lorewise the Ashen one should play as deprived.

I've done most types of builds, Pyromancy is by far the easiest for PvE. Easier to hit with combined with shorter cast times than sorcery which makes it good for bosses, early accessible (and plenty to choose from) AoE options. Also scales with faith so you can keep poison cleansing or healing miracles at hand. Also there are very few bosses resistant to fire, and in that case you just equip a dark spell instead.

As for the fun factor, I enjoyed it a lot but I'm a bit biased towards magic and flashy explosions in general. If you choose it just to have an easy time but actually prefer the typical sword & board approach, just don't. Save it for a replay.

Outside of Pyromancy I had fun with a lot with the Halberd type weapons on my str or quality builds, and rapier / some of the dual wield dex weapons + bow on my dex builds.

As for PvP I had the most fun while bullying people with my twink

just ignore poise OP, its a broken stat that From refuses to actually fix and pretends its fixed.

you want to see how poise should actually work? play dark souls 1 or 2, and fight against a heavily armored enemy with a light weapon. like Havel (he's in both games).

you'll notice that your dagger or rapier hits dont stagger him because he has really high poise. and you'll notice that your dagger and rapier hits stagger enemies that are wearing loincloths and shitty robes.

The only thing that really affects is the Iudex Gundyr. After that you get the Astora Straight Sword and can just fuck shit up without effort at least until the cathedral of the Deep.

image didnt go through

i love some pyromancy

you have to use :^ ) when your being ironic fam

it was not ironic

Pro tipd: Play aggressively, or you won't have fun. A conservative play style will only get you killed because every enemy in the game has combo attacks. Get both of the Pontiff's eyes (two rings that increase damage and give you health the more you attack). Don't use shields, or if you do, don't hide behind them all the time.

Dragonslayer Greatbow build

This, just get up in your opponents face everytime. Playing defensively will only get you hit more

Archers in Dragon's Dogma basically turn the game into a third person shooter.

I envy your naivety.

Sure it wasn't

FAMO-BLAMO : ^)

how does that work lol

soul level 1
max pyromancy
dragon head

Holy shit I hadn't even noticed that filename.

If you are racists towards filename then you are filenamerists.

where should i allocate my points

Neck yourself, you faggot.

All the archers in DD have burst-arrow multishot skills that can be spammed almost infinitely since you can carry a ton of stamina recovery items with you. The game pauses when you use consumables so basically you can play the game as if you have infinite stamina. You also only need to target once since there is almost no knockback whatsoever from firing your bow. And with certain consumable items - which you can also carry a ton of - you get to almost double your damage, and once again, the game pauses when you use consumables, making them the easiest to cheese the game with. And that is how it is on the PC version where the archers have already been nerfed.

sage due to DD:DAutism

Hahaha lol I'm gonna screenshot that one for r/Holla Forums.

For pyromancy build? Enough Vigor to make you comfortable and tank a few extra hit for when you fuck up. 27 is the softcap, after that increases grant you slightly less HP, with that said having a bit more isn't all that bad but don't overdo it since you'll want other stats too. Go for 20-25 for mid game, SL 45-50.

Endurance for more casts and attacks is good but not vital, don't bother putting much more than 20.

Intelligence and Faith are your damage attributes and you need to keep them at about the same level to get the most out of your pyromancy. 50 is softcap for both but usually you wont get that high until you're SL 100+. Just remember to keep lvling them together and during the game decide if you want more damage (lvl fai + int) or more survivability (lvl vigor). Spells will have have a minimum int & fai requirement.
And remember what I said about miracles, with a talisman you can slot a miracle or two for extra survivability.

Attunement grants spell slots at 10, 14, 18, 24, 30, 40… etc.
I like going to 18 for the early game, then to 24 a bit later when you feel the need for extra slots. At 24 you have 4 slots, that's enough and there's no real need to go above that but going to 30 is alright if you really want to and you're a high SL. Above that it's a waste to invest.

I recommend using a regular straight sword or rapieras a backup weapon, but any weapon that you have fun with will do. The main thing you want to look out for is a weapon with low dexterity and strength requirements. You'll keep your str and dex at minimum requirement and any points spent above those will be wasted.
As a general guideline, avoid weapons that need more than 20 in either dex or strength.

At the start infusing your weapon of choice into raw (no scaling from stats but higher base) will grant you the most damage. Elements such as fire are decent too, no scaling and lower physical compared to raw but grants fire damage. As you get higher your choices are either Chaos or Dark infusions which both scale with int + faith.

There are also some special weapons that already scale with int and faith that can't be infused.

That's been tested repeatedly, poise has nothing to do with super-armor during weapon skills.

Its literally a stat that does nothing, its turned off in the game settings, its already been data-mined.

Will you stop fucking spreading dis-info.

Dark Souls 3 is inexcusable because half way through the development they decided to make it like BB despite the mechanical issues that brings up.

Can you prove that your piece of reddit-spaced bullshit isn't dis-info?
How about you stopping spreading it?

Poise is a type of hyperarmor now that prevents you from being staggered out of an attack animation. It does nothing if you are not attacking. It is actually (not even joking) working as intended.

So Poise despite being in the game only turns on during hyperarmor, meaning they half assed poise and decided making it work for a weapon skill that is worthless for a majority of weapons, and a majority of weapons also useless.

DaS3 fans need to be gassed.

darksouls3.wiki.fextralife.com/poise

Scroll down to the bottom, hun that's where I quoted this from.
Also

The DLC is only 2 bosses too.

wikidot is literally reddit you dumb nigger.

How nu r u?
Wikidot during DaS was filled with the most accurate information, was the most optimized, had every armor listed and had an easy way of viewing it.

All of this despite Fextralife paying shekels to get google to keep it at the top of google results.
Well at least your newfaggotry is confirmed.

Those were the days…

It's blatantly obvious just by playing the game for a good amount of time that armor doesn't protect you from being staggered and you get tons of hyper armor on some shit.

I always thought wikia was the best, to be honest.

no you retard. wikidot was litterally started by faggots from /r/darksouls. Reddit even went out of their way to trash and vandalize fextralife.

yeah pose in DkS1 was broken anyway. This new system isn't great but it's not the meme that there is no poise. In fact in the last patch they increased the values which made this sudo-hyper-armor effect more apparent. However some weapons still have true hyper-armor so its a bit odd and theoretically if you have high poise, sense it resets with every swing you could abuse light fast weapons with it more then it would benefit heavy weapons. So weapons like the Dark Sword to R1 spam would benefit more then the Great Club.

You mean white supremacy frog.

Prove it

No facebook frog

cuckchan refugees not welcomed. You have to go back.

No, it wasn't, Heavy armor had high poise, defenses, and weight, and light armor didn't, it was a balanced trade-off. The only issue poise had in 1 was that there wasn't a weapon that could deal more poise damage in a single hit than the maximum attainable.

Love it, presented with proof and you still deny what's been proven.
All memes are eventually taken by the outside world, this has proven true for all memes, even pepe will be absorbed.

Stop trying to make it work, and instead get to creating OC you cancerous faggot.

How is an official antisemitic maymay a facebook meme now?
Because you have an inferiority complex over Chads and spergs stealing your funny pictures and posting them on facebook?
Holy fuck, you're an autistic nigger.

Because its a meme posted on facebook. Do you really think to the average person they are watching CNN taking their report on pepe being anti-semetic as the gospel truth.

Even now people post pepe even with the SS regalia because its funny and edgy.
WHICH I PROVED WITH SCREENCAPS
YOU'RE SO FAR IN DENIAL A FUCKING MEME IS ON FACEBOOK, ITS A FACEBOOK MEME
The rest of your comment is just a newfaggot struggling to understand how this works.