NieR Automata Thread

So the US demo drops later today, and it looks super interesting.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iEtCLfgjSvU
play-asia.com/nier-automata-english-japanese-subs/13/70aq35
npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/12/20/506146595/pentagon-shelves-blast-gauges-meant-to-detect-battlefield-brain-injuries
nichegamer.com/2016/07/07/8-4-working-nier-automata-creators-approval-localization/
nichegamer.com/2016/07/04/8-4-handle-localizing-nier-automata/
archive.is/AuC4p
twitter.com/Electivirus/status/811997939048529920
archive.is/FxGQ9/4dcdf6c655b5b9ffa946e334a942751c2cb1a558.gif
amazon.com/Billion-Wicked-Thoughts-Largest-Experiment/dp/0525952098
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Inb4 people crying about sexism and they patch it out before release.

Its not sexism if its transgender non-binary futanari shows her beautiful body. You are sexist for thinking filthy of her.

Its pretty admirable that they explained floating swords behind the character, like they float in all video games on the back. They are being held by magic. Very neat idea.

Good answer, I guess.

I haven't been this excited about a game in a long time, and seeing all the upskirt pics makes me even more excited. this gon be GOAT

Good rpgs aren't made by upskirts though. Granted its an action rpg, but still. Oneechanbara wasn't a good game, and nobody cared about half naked chicks.

I don't know why, but this makes me even harder.

OH YEAH, the Japanese demo has English. Now, I'm no EOP but considering how close the Japanese and western releases are (2-3 weeks apart) if you want to…

A. Avoid any possible censorship.
and
B. Avoid any possible spoilers.

I'd HIGHLY recommend importing the nip release, it'll probably have English options on the disc.

true, but the main reasons I'm excited is nier is my favorite game, and I love platinum

Man, I hope you're right. I actually will import if it does.

Questions for sonyggers that try it out:

Is there even gonna be a nip PC version though? Surely you aren't referring to purchasing a P$4 copy on hatechan, right?

woops meant to reply to

If there are no ps4 users here, then from where all Let it Die fags appear? Explain.

I asked an 8-4 guy on twitter (I know, I know) and he said, while he didn't actually know if it would, with the Japanese demo having English it seemed very possible.

I'm looking forward to the PC release. Since Hard Mode disables Lock-on, I wonder if using the mouse would confer a significant advantage over the analog stick since there's a fair amount of shooting that can be done with that floating robot.

Disgusting

please do not call weeaboo grindan sims role-playing games. please do not call character action/cuh-raazy games role-playing games.

NieR is definitely an aRPG, though. There are damage counters, items, and you level up.

Neither western games right now have anything left of the "rpg" part. Skyrim is a shooter/action in fantasy setting, Fallout 4 is a corridor shooter, Mass Effect Andromeda is a TPS with collectables, Faggot Age Cisquisition is full on homo item collecting quest. And so on.

Can't just blatantly say that games like FFXV, Tales of or Neptunia are worse rpgs than this.

Nigger you realize this isn't bayonetta or devil mau cry right? This is an rpg with platinum handling the combat.

It will probably end up being like Dragon's Dogma. Mark my trips.

I'll tolerate that within the context of people that recieved a PS4 as a present or use a roomate's since Let it Die is apparently F2P (I played a lot of Bloodborne on my roomate's last year). But actually giving $ony your shekels is abhorrent and anyone that does so should move to a site like neogaf or halfchan where such atrocities are tolerated or encouraged.

So? I think it'd be awesome if there was something like a style bar that effected how much XP you get after each fight.

I should add that I think a lot of games could use style bars and it doesn't have to be exactly like DMC/Bayo's. They don't have to actually be style bars, their simplest form is just degenerating health that encourages you to act quickly and get into the action rather than playing it safe and careful.

I assume the demo PS4 only?

No it's going to be Nier with better combat. Have you guys not played the original Nier or the demo for this game for that matter? Because based on the demo and every bit of information released it's going to more or less be structured similarly to the og Nier where you switch between side scrolling, top down and 3d combat while using a variety of weapon types (small swords, large swords, spears and the bracers which look to be new) as well as your magic gun thing that can do it's own set of skills.

Nobody owns ps3.

I'm pretty optimistic

Are those screen shot actually from the US demo or the jap one? I'm going to be legitimately surprised if 8-4 doesn't censor that.

hopefully.

8-4 is just doing the translation, there's not a content control policy they have like nintendo's internal localization teams.

This anti-PC bullshit needs to stop. We're getting a port anyway so go cry about it and enjoy your exclusive demo.

Still something to worry about. After the latest FE game I'm convinced that no one that works there can actually speak or read moonrunes.

Wasn't FE mostly done by treehouse?

8-4 didn't do the latest FE, that was Nintendo. They DID handle Xenoblade X and the original NieR, though.

Nier was on 360, poser

I was thinking they did for some reason. They might not be as big of fuck ups as I was thinking then.

You're thinking of Awakening, they did that one. Also, they're responsible for the Tales of Heart R translation.

the time for suicide is now

Or they turn her into a gracefully aged mature woman.

This is the first game I have been genuinely hype for in a long while
pls no censor ;-;

cute

Is she the only one to have a dick? I'm not really a fan of chicks with dicks.

I thought that they said that he was just male.

Don't have a Jap PSN account, as I only borrow a PS4. Looking forward to the wonderful faggots that do comparing the Eng and Jap versions for possible fuckery.

I agree, that's a pretty nice touch.

WHEN THE FUCK IS THE DEMO STATESIDE?

just make a nip account dude took me like 5 minutes and you can play the game right now
here's the guide I used youtube.com/watch?v=iEtCLfgjSvU
the demo is fucking great btw

Dank

Sweet it's out in Australia.

PC demo please.

Wew thanks for the heads up.

Fucking gooks and their secret highly developed cocklust technology.

Is it going to be censored?
After that bullshit with south park i question the quality of the products we recieve

Why everyone is so obsessed with pussies and asses?
SJWs are raging about censorship and making everything into amorphous transgender trash, while you fags only care about muh pantsu and behave just fucking retarded, if not more?
Why don't you care about framerate? Why don't you care about story? Why don't you care about the single most important thing - the fucking gameplay?

After horrendous Avatar and TMNT games I can't just trust platinum based on their brand alone, but all you fucks care about are pussies and assess.

Beyond what 8-4 might have done, I doubt it. DOD 1, 3 and Nier got through the classifications board fine.

Permavirgin losers gonna permavirgin losers. There's more at stake than just pantsu anyway, entire plot threads and character arcs could be butchered.

Cock bulges are great though, user.

Faggots really deserve the gas chamber.

fuck that's so hot

It's so fucking fun. The demo story (probably) can't be canon, and if it's not canon, how much can we trust of the lore that was revealed in it, and will 9S and 2B's personality be the same in the canon version?

Its not out yet when is it out
nice pantalinas

I love futanari, is that wrong? How much Holla Forums ideologies affect nier players?

Been a while since I had to bring this out but reminder don't fall for this shit Holla Forums.

user, 8-4 is localizing this. So no. Expect personalities all over the place.

Even if you were a "muh pantsu are for virgins" pretentious faggot you should still be able to understand they're basically a canary in a mine. If they give her grandma underwear it's a clear sign the game has been tampered with.

For the record…

sold

Maybe because i am a guy who Likes pretty women
who already knows what the game plays and looks like
And is patiently wating to play it himself soon to get a good look at some ass himself

And being a virgin dosent mean that im not a faggot like you, fag.

That's a guy?

So dodging is pretty i-frame based. during the first mini-boss, when it attacks horizontally, is there any better way to dodge it than abusing i-frames by dodging straight through it? It corners me leaving me no choice but to go through, but doing that fucks up the camera, so I assume I'm doing something wrong.

What about the Jap version?

You should of seen the NEIR thread when it was revealed to be go multi-plat.
The sonyggers started saying the game was shit immediately after they realized it wasn't exclusive.

The best part is that you could track their comments through ID's and earlier in the thread it was nothing but praise.

I wish I got screencaps of it.
I never game much thought to fanboys, but this and the Switch damage control by nintendrones, they are starting to piss me off.

millennial detected.

Found the upset sonyggers.

Well the demo has Jap audio. Hopefully the full release follows suit.

Found another one, oh he's a weeb to boot.

It gives me a feeling similar to the opening of the first Nier. Disconnected from the rest of the game until much later. Although since they're androids maybe Yoko is just fucking with us because they can be replaced indefinitely or something.

Is the fat ass android confirmed to have a dick?
Makes it even better

What time exactly does the demo come out? I want to play that gamn damn it. People say they are playing it already but i dont see it anywhere in the playstation store!

Well one thing I've learned from liberals, if someone is correcting your grammar, they disagree with what you are saying, lack the ability to explain why or form a rebuttal, but still want to feel smart and that they made an argument.

So if some faggot who is correcting the grammar out of a 100 posts of equally incorrect grammar, I can infer that the person is some butthurt faggot who is upset by what I'm saying.

It's there, keep looking.

It's a good thing it's coming to pc, at least i'll be able to pirate it first and see whether or not it deserves even a cent of my money.

Nigga are you some sort of delicate tulip or something. Quit getting upset and maybe instead write it properly next time.

Full pic?

You sound mad you were refuted
Mental checkmate.

Are you desperate for (you)s or something?

Are you?

I downloaded the Jojo EoH demo yesterday and it took me at least 2 hours on 2.2 gigs

I guess its going to be a while before i join you guys.

In other news, that's a REALLY nice piece of ass.

Thank god I saw this thread. It's downloading right now and I'm going to play shit out this demo. I just hope it doesn't have some kind of time limit or any gay shit like that.

Where did he say this? I need links/archives. People I know are going to buy this shit, and I need to inform them.

Will you two just fuck already?

You're all full of shit

Well it's an android, so maybe its detachable.
I'm just trying to be optimistic.

people on Holla Forums lie about videogames they never played. more at 11

play-asia.com/nier-automata-english-japanese-subs/13/70aq35

D-do we dare to hope?

that doesn't make !RPGs RPGs, if you don't RPG in your iron sights, you just don't have

Brain damage from what?
The whole reason of blast back is that recoil is lessened considerably.

Where did you get those pantsu shots? I have Yuropoor demo and camera switches to pod when I try to look down.

blast pressure makes minor brain damage every time, that's why we had limited number of shots in the training

Like what from the vibrations, sound or what?

It's a wild ride to be inches from a blast like that

npr.org/sections/health-shots/2016/12/20/506146595/pentagon-shelves-blast-gauges-meant-to-detect-battlefield-brain-injuries

wat

I started playing Nier in preparation for Automata. Holla Forums was right, I fucking love the game so far.

Oh, and you can also select Japanese voices.

Yessssssss

I'm crossing my fingers for the game to be well optimized for PC. I have a shitty laptop, so let's see. Any info yet on requirements?

Post the download link you fucking niggers.

A bit more about the options:

Not sure if there's a PC demo. It's out on PS4 UK.

I don't evem know what is going on anymore

nichegamer.com/2016/07/07/8-4-working-nier-automata-creators-approval-localization/

nichegamer.com/2016/07/04/8-4-handle-localizing-nier-automata/

Can anyone confirm this?

Just got finished with the demo, spoiler'd in case you nigs don't want to know shit.

Demo is about an hour long if you don't rush.

Controls feel like you'd expect, nice and responsive. Default dodge is a bit weird though (R2) it seems to be made with the idea you're going to be holding down R1 a lot for shooting, so makes some sense. You can hold down light attack to chain them, so not constantly mashing. There's varying degrees of heavy attack depending on how long you hold it and obviously you can work between light and heavy.

You get a lot of invulnerability time in a dodge, so much so that you can literally dodge right through the boss' giant sawblade by mashing it back to back. It seems like this is intentional with some of the boss' attacks.

There's an item equipped that automatically uses restorative items with increased effect when you reach a certain percentage of HP, so you don't need to micromanage it.

Last boss in the demo escalates as you'd expect in a platinum game, where you've been chipping away at huge foe to then smack him around with his own arm. Demo ends on a cliffhanger where 2B and 9S are detonating their black boxes to take out multiple bosses at once.

I can already hear these fan-made translation patches from miles away.

Wouldn't have to worry about brain damage if you just learned to shoot your bazookas from the hip like a real hero.

You have to go back.

In OP's defense, if the webm doesn't need sound why not leave it out for the sake of less memory?

Game is shit. Might as well pack our bags and go home.

I can confirm you can still see up, like the previous video. Just the camera is trying to point towards what your pod is aiming at, so it's more off to the side.

However if you leave the camera there where you can see after a few seconds she does a twirl and steps back to try and hide them again.

Nah m8, that's a chick.

ain't got shit to do with Holla Forums for me anyway
Girls shouldn't have dicks. If you like the idea of a girl having a dick, it's quite likely it's more the dick than the girl you're attracted to.

The PS4 can play imported games?

yeah, it's region free

This will be the third game I've ever imported then.

inb4 censored

Burgerclap here.

Sometimes the camera stays centered on the character, sometimes it focuses on the pod.

Also she gets mad if you look up her skirt sometimes. You can see it in that youtube video. She does a kind of shoo-ing motion and turns around.

Overall the game is fun as hell but I wish I was aiming with KB+M. And I wish the pod shooting was a toggle, as there doesn't seem to be any reason not to shoot with it 100% of the time. The only reason to let go of R1 is to press it again after a successful dodge and she does a rocket attack.

I would much rather be playing this on PC.

At least then we wouldn't be suffering with the terrible aliasing.

I said "people", not "me".

Shit sucks.
Just another dodge and combo game from Japan. Worst kind of game in existence. Retarded setting, characters everything. It's like a joke.

fair enough.

Wow you sure showed me. The game sucks shit.

dat ass tho

Yeah she's got a nice ass. But the gameplay sucks. Beat it on hard easily. It's so easy to dodge out of anything and the telegraphs are so obvious. They even make a big alarm sound before they swing.

I'm going to try it myself before I trust someone who could be an assblasted sonygger mad over not having exclusive.

Sony is shit and this game is crap. There's nothing to it. Shallow as a puddle.

How easy would Jap audio with Eng subs be for PC?

Also, this pantsu is shit. Too jaggy.

Sure thing bud

Because story in video games are for absolute retards.

Story is important for making you feel invested into the game and world building.

Top kek you're really mad at me.
No it isn't.

I was more focused on the "Includes english subs" bit, since chink translations tend to be more accurate than 4/8

I'll pass.

because that's why i played super mario so much. the engrossing story and deep lore

Yes, don't end up like the nep thread, sucking a company's dick even as the censor the game.

No, this is a girl. It's basically the protagonist of this game, but asian.

Id would expect for this thread to blow up by now, but..WHY IS NO ONE TALKING ABOUT THE GAME!??! Its a free demo guys, for fucks sake, the thread completely devolved into discussions about random bullshit. Instead of the game that everyone here was supposed to be excited about.

Anyways i just played the demo and loved it. Controls smooth, graphics good, dialogue and voice acting is great, combat is pretty damn good with the exception that i cant get past the balls with my melee attack unlike in the first neir. The boss fight was okay, was really scripted, but had a real RULES OF NATURE type feel to it. It was pretty damn enjoyable overall.

Yes, but does any user know enough moon to tell us the differences between the demos?

You can't change the text speed to match the voice acting. really annoying that I have to manually make the speech flow consistently during non-cutscene convos.

Maybe because to download time for only 5 gigs is longer than it should be.

I just got done with the demo too. It's not bad, but I disagree with the voice acting being great.

Honestly, the best part of this game is 2B's ass. Can confirm when you try to upskirt, it trolls you by moving the camera towards the bot and displacing the camera until you can only see her head. But I can also confirm that the camera doesn't do that when climbing up ladders. The swatting of the camera away when you're trying to get just the right angle to upskirt is cute though.

The Japanese demo has English subs, and for the *most* part the translation in the demo at least seems fairly accurate. The only nitpick I had was that the flavor text for the difficulty selection wasn't translated, but according to that 8-4 guy on twitter some shit was translated in-house, and it might not have been their meddling.

After beating the demo, when you select pre-order, various thank you messages show up, including a heart

Can somebody take the ladder footage and put snake eater over it?

I don't get it. To what extent are 8-4 involved in the translation? Also, can you switch to Japanese VA and English subs? The English VA is shit.

Yes. And yeah, the English VA is the same shit we get in every game.

Yes.

9S is Johnny then?

2Boobs and 9Shotas?

Kistatsu Kistani Kisaitearu

By the way, there are a few more camera settings like "horizontal auto adjust", "pursuit speed", etc. I can only imagine the amount of tinkering I'll have to do to get things right. I'm just surprised by how many options this game has.

Isn't that almost always the case for a localized game? I've been playing FFX lately, and that's the whole reason why Tidus is so fucking annoying.

Liked the demo.

Day 1 pirate.

Demo was fun

I-Is it safe to be hyped?

You are on Holla Forums, never get hyped.

8-4 translations. We're fucked unless you know moon.

Who here is going to try to complete Very Hard mode? I've been using Type C controls which let me aim, shoot and attack at the same time. That might come in handy.

Like it was stated earlier, the demo has English in it so it's very possible the game will have English subs for other Asian territories. I fuckin hope they do.

Can someone list me 8-4's worst sins? I have some of their fuck-ups confused with some Treehouse ones.

Yeah, but are those subs a product of 8-4 or will they further (((localize))) the game?

I really like the dress, looks really cute and the cloth physic is pretty good. They really nailed the right rigidity and texture when exposed to light and as a result they've really made it look like velvet, and the upskirt of a white silk that must be cool and silky to move into. Imagine running you hands down her sillouhette and feeling her curves with this kind of material, with a springy skirt seamlessly growing where her hips begin, only to end in the perfect zone inbetween thighhose and the skirt. Very pale and smooth complexion really makes her hips shine from the contrasts it makes with both fabrics. And then lower semi-transparent thighhose followed by a pair of thigh high leather black boots, creating a second perfect zone under the perfect zone albeith a bit more acceptable with the use of the subtle veil of the thighhose.
Strong points here are the bleached white hair, forearms, boob window surrounded by semi-transparent pattern, hips, upskirt and the back. Not only they balance out the character's pallete but they also translate movement better, which might be of value to the gameplay

Square Enix really are at their best at character design when they're not putting spiky bits and belts everywhere and tone down the edge a bit.
Havent tried the demo yet but I,m expecting something close to MGR but I'm really looking to try it. Can say I am cautiously hyped about this game!

Ask the people who played sfv demo. No, it is never safe. Just wait a week and see if any shit is pulled.

You can pet your little robot.

Timestamp?

I don't know why but this makes it lewder somehow

Once again bloodborne station and torrent interface get the best while xbone and Wii u continue to die.
God I feel has for people that chose the xbone this gen.

Because she's reacting it to it, rather than being a stock still barbie doll.

They deserve it.

I got an xboneMy WiiU has gotten more use out of it At least I have my PC to play real games on.

*more use than it

Futanari fags blown the
FUCK
out

hmm

She's a ninja futa, the kind whose dick is hidden until erection.

What? It was translated. Normal is mentioned to be the most enjoyable setting. Probably which sounds very Taro-esque to me.

I liked what I saw in the demo (JP version here, but it defaults to your system's language). Voice acting in the first Nier was stellar IMO, but I'll be using JP for Automata.

Translation overall was okay. Some ideas are different in subs when you compare it to the JP audio but it's adequate - the 'ma'am' treatment being equal to 9S using the -san honorific works. Other instance I remember is 2B saying that 'it's troublesome/annoying' in the JP voice while the subs say 'It's never easy'. I just hope the dub+sub doesn't make 2B a straight-through nothin' personnel kid bitch.

I'm having high hopes here. The day one edition for US comes with the reversible cover which kicks ass, and that would be even better than a JP copy since the reversibles don't carry ratings logos and all that crap. (in case it's fucked in the end then JP copy it is, though)

This game is made for me, damn shame I dont own a ps4.

Someone please confirm petting is in the game.

This is pure projection.

It is. By sliding on the touchpad, your droid unit thing flies down and 2B pats it.

After a quick search it seems this thread contains about ~4-5 webms demonstrating the head patting but there is no way in hell that I'd go on 4chan to retrieve the webms themselves.

And I'm a moron who forgot to include the link.
archive.is/AuC4p

Well 8-4 is localizing it so yea probably

YES

YES

Uhh no futa here. I'm not sorry either.

To be honest the game plays a lot akin to MGR. It feels pretty good to play overall and I do like it

Yes, for whatever reason ONLY the flavor text for Normal and Easy are translated. The original Japanese says that Hard might be good for players who like a challenge, and Very Hard is for "Crazy Players".

shit was good

light at the end of the this fucking shit show of a year in gaming.

smh tbh

There's one at 11:43. Probably a lot more.

twitter.com/Electivirus/status/811997939048529920

My family loves this.

Well do you own a PC?

Oh, I'll check that out, then. Does the JP text mention the lack of lock-on and one-hit kill for Very Hard?

If 8-4 started slacking in the fucking difficulty settings menu this is not giving me a good sign… I also replayed with Spanish since it's my primary language, and I can confirm that the translation uses the English script as base (as I expected…)

And the bumfuckery of Golden Sun.

This thread should be nuked. You're all scum.

I'm already anticipating the doujins with hand holding, headpats and consensual love making.

This appeals to my degenerate sexual fetishes.

Seems they put more thought into the animations this time as well, look alot less clunky.

archive.is/FxGQ9/4dcdf6c655b5b9ffa946e334a942751c2cb1a558.gif
This one's a bit big.

Yes.

So what's the extent of the clothing damage?

It really does let you kill yourself.

10/10
Detail like that is a good sign.

I played through it quickly. I should go back and explore all the detail.

There's also a line in an early skit for Tales of Vesperia where Estelle asks Yuri

became

Which Yuri essentially says yes. This is an absolute disaster for characterization (Yuri, rarely enough for a Tales hero or jRPG hero in general, is actually pretty smart.), made worse by how early it is.

Oh and I should point out 嫌い is one of the most common, basic words (like, can easily be in the first 3 dozen or so words you learn) and any dictionary will tell you what it means. There is no ambiguity to it meaning "dislike". This was an intentional change or someone who didn't remotely know the language.

i loo forward to getting to use more weapons and seeing what movesets you can get, and having a fucking boner while palying the whole fucking time that ass is too much for my soul

i played on hard and i felt taking out small fries took too long especially in bullet-segments but i bet theres just a trick i overlooked. i also noticed at one point you can trick jump (jump, dodge, jump sorta thing) onto a ladder and open a shortcut so maybe you'll replay levels a few times?

either way, day 1 buy

at what point in the video does she do it? i wanna see the animation

Are you talking about the ladder before you climb the first giant cylindrical structure? I've been trying to get up it, because I noticed a small icon appearing above it, but nothing I can do gets me onto it.

yeah that one, i jumped from the boxes to the left of it, dodged, then jumped again and got access to it

or did i jump, dodge, attack and jump… either way its definitely accesible, don't aim for the ladder aim for the catwalk behind it you'll land on it

There's one part at 10:15 and I think that's it, she'll take a few steps back while swiping at the camera, forcing it up.

I eventually got fed up with it and found the real way I'm supposed to go to access it. There was a large recovery item if we're talking about the same spot. I don't know how you did that and I can't do it anymore now that the ladder is in the way, but that's a nice catch.

Great demo.
Finished it on normal and hard.
The game is very obviously designed, and balanced around hard.

People that went into this expecting DMC got fucked in the ass by a big dose of "this is actually a Nier game for the most part", and that's good.
I didn't expect this to be a Nier game, but for most of it, it feels and works like a Nier game hybridized with elements of a PG game, specifically Bayonetta with a little bit of MGR thrown into it.

So yeah, Nier + Bayo + a little bit of MGR.
Good blend, i look foward to purchasing the game and enjoying myself while Holla Forums shits their diapers complaining about whatever the fuck they're gonna complain about this time.

What does it take from Bayo and MGR?
And it'll probably be Denuvo that gets Holla Forums including me to shit on it (though Denuvo isn't confirmed yet)

So any word on this?

From Bayo it definitely takes the dodge mechanic.
Dodging is important and dodging correctly gives you huge benefits.

From MGR it takes the overall…"feel"?
You "feel" like a robot, in the way you run, you move around, you don't feel organic.
The UI also.
There's elements of MGR that seeped into it, very light visual/animation elements.
It's almost like it acquired an MGS, specifically MGS2 and MGS4-like aftertaste in how the UI is designed and certain things look.

But maybe i'm talking in terms that are too abstract here.
All i can say is that MGR and MGS are in this, somehow, even if just in certain aestetic choices.

Also i love how the bullet hell elements are very strong and firing your drone is important, especially on hard, Taro must've pushed for that and it shows.

There's no clothing damage that i've noticed.

That being said the shota outfit gets torn to shreads, so perhaps during the game your outfit will be slowly damaged as part of story progression, sorta how it was in Batman Arkham Asylum.
Additionally, Nier himself changed part of his outfit in a timeskip in the original Nier, so something like that might happen.

Taro's been wanting to do a shmup from the very start of his career. Drakengard was originally supposed to just be the dragon sections, musou shit got added to to executive meddling.

Where'd you hear that? I remember Drakengard always being "what if we mixed Dyansty Warriors with Ace Combat?"

Sounds more like Transformers Devastation then which I've been playing recently. Its UI feels similar to MGR and you obviously feel like a robot. Unlike Bayo/MGR it is also a shooter with a big focus on dodging projectiles. Since you didn't cite it I'll assume you didn't play it and would definitely recommend it to help wait for NieR Automata. It isn't perfect but it's probably Platinum's most polished game so far (no QTEs, very consistent difficulty/enemy design, no button mashes, very little stick wiggles, and the cutscenes are kept very short).

They definitely used it to experiment with new features for NieR and Scalebound though. It has some use of perspective changes, RPG loot mechanics, combines shooting and normal Platinum combat, platforming sections, and driving mechanics. Some of these are hit or miss but overall it's pretty fun.

GOTY 2017

Well, they said they were playing with it, so I guess they didn't say it would happen for sure. Still, I had hoped…

One of the many interviews after Automata got announced. Although if I remember correctly the one who made the claim was Saito and moonman himself wasn't present for the interview.

It reeks of MGS because the UI is almost 1:1 the UI of snake eater

Well i didn't cite it because the bullet hell elements are clearly from Nier.
The perspective changes too, are from Nier.
All those creative elements are recurring elements from Nier.
And that's great, it's basically a proper sequel instead of just being "ok let's make another PG game".
It's a proper balance of both.

Yeah, right?
But i personally feel the UI is somewhat closer to MGS4.
But yeah i'm glad i'm not the only one seeing elements of MGS visually in this thing, it was actually bugging me while i was playing, i started to think i was just imagining things.

That's pretty good. Is it OC?

did you make that?
pretty good.

Yes.

you're worth a million.

Awesome. Any chance of a 1920x1080 version? I'll put on a frilly dress and let you fuck me in the ass

Love it.

Pretty good user.

Stretched version.

Fucking glorious. Thanks user-sama.

This is good. Really good.

My new wallpaper

Great demo and good fun. Just hope PC version comes out the same time and that we can mod in fan translation to fix any potential fuck ups by 8-4.

Well where the images of the frilly dress you promised?

Hey Nier thread, would you recommend picking up the first Nier game?

What's the deal with the main character being intersexed in the Japanese version and big burly chest hair man beast in the western version?

Yes, I pretty much didn't know this series existed until a few months or so ago when people started gushing over this game. Please be gentle.

Yes I recommend getting it for cheap prize. Everything aside ps2ish graphics and decent but not platinum gameplay is amazing in that game. Also if you get into it check the Drakengard series. Both are Yoko Taro games and have same THEMES.
These games can change your outlook on video games.

900p

the peasants must wait for their scraps

Nier is a sorta semi spinoff of the Drakengard 1's E ending. Both were developed by Yoko Taro. The difference between the two protagonists is little outside a skin change, Papa Nier and Brother Nier both do the same job of part-time merc/finding cure for daughter.

Nier is known for it's god tier music and interesting background. The world ended some time ago and while humanity is in decline, shades have come to wreck havoc on every one. It's also kind of grim but not in an uncomfortable way.
The lore, characters, music and gameplay are good. But it does suffer from serious grind issues, you travel everywhere on foot and doing some of the sidequests require you to schlep from one place to the other, you also have to grind for materials to upgrade the weapons, which can get annoying when you're waiting for one more item but it just won't drop.

Yes, play Nier. It's got multiple endings but your saves carry across saving you time.
If you've got time to waste and are a genuine masochist, then start playing Drakengard afterwards. But be warned, Drakengard isn't fun, it's a death across the steppes of russia in -20c weather where the commissars will kill you if you fall behind.

900p

ZoE did mechs better back in 2001
holy shit i'm old

How old Im 32

you don't say? A game built entirely around floating mech combat does mechs better than a one-off boss fight? Well I'll be.

Also ZoE2, you knob.

I played the first Drakengard back when I was fresh out of high school and thought it was an okay game. Interesting no one pointed out the connection between the two to me…

Are the other Drakengard games worth checking out?

3 is, kind-of. There's the issues with Japanese audio being DLC, and the dub/translation in general being pretty fucking bad.

You two should fuck

I want this meme to die.
Sometimes you have to invest your time into something to feel truly engaged. And it doesn't take that much time to beat 100%. whole thing took me like 20-30 hours to beat.

The screenshots shown in this thread are already triggering some "male allies"

Not him, but I've been fapping to futanari for years and I can't get hard to the image of just a penis. I have to see that it's attached to a woman or it just doesn't do it for me.

I've heard two is pretty shit since Nowe is your typical JRPG protagionist and can't rub two brain cells together because undoing a seal keeping all the evil in the world contained is the only way he's going to score with a damaged chick.

Just check out the scene with Calm and Angelus and you're good to go. Major spoilers though.

Dragkengard 3 is more grind but does have it's moments. Plot is nonsensical though but Mikhail is best dragon and there are a few elements that might pop up in Nier:Automata.

*death march.
One day I'll check before posting.

But to highlight how bad some of the sidequests are, there's one called Life in the Sands where a villager requests 5 pink moon flowers. Now you think that might not be hard? But it is.

In Nier, you can grow some crops as well to sell, great when you're out adventuring. Now to get the base flower for it you grow Red and Blue moonflowers together to get Indigo moonflowers. They only have a 20% chance of spawning, so you're going to be reloading that save alot.

Did I mention that crops grow in real time, so you have to wait a few real hours to see the results, that or change the system clock.
Now that you have Indigo moonflowers, you grow them next to red flowers again to get Pink moonflowers.

They only have 5% chance of spawning, meaning each round you're going to be lucky to even get one and you're going to need a lot of Indigo flowers to get pink. You also can't buy Indigo flowers like you can red or blue, hence the insane amount of time needed.

When you go back and deliver the flowers, you're rewarded with 10,000 gold, which is a poultry sum.

I'm telling you this to avoid you being trolled.
There's a sidequest later where you can get two characters to sing together, absolutely complete this one.

If I want to play a game where I slay hundreds of troops and have fun, I'll play Dynasty Warriors. Drakengard wasn't fun for me.

2 if you are really into the universe to scrap the 40% of good stuff. I actually really enjoyed playing the game. But be ready to hate your own character.

3 is best stuff at the end kind of game. Whole thing is explained and unraveled in final playthrough which is locked behind all weapons and other mildly entertaining and confusing stories before explanation.
So dont drop it after first playthrough.
Ah, also it is developed by Deadly premonitions guys so it lags like crazy.

spoilered addendum

I guess you just like Asian setting and more traditional story better.

SJW are going to get this game censored and there's nothing you can do about it.

Is dat some mad bull annemay?

2 isn't directed by Taro and is largely ignored by the rest of the games. 3 is directed by Taro and it's a bit softer than the first game as far as overall tone goes. It differs to DOD1 in a weird way I have trouble describing. If DOD1 was pure black fantasy then DOD3 is that with a bit of black humour on top.

Drakengard 1 is like drinking pure oil. Crude and undiluted.

Drakengard 3 is like petrol, bit more refined and you get warmth by lighting it on fire but it's still deadly to drink.

Bullshit, this → is what's going on.

Most men are attracted to penises. Demographically "Large penis" is the number one search term for heterosexual males. Watch linked presentation.

Maybe they want to have it. Maybe they want to be the penis.

kys fam

If you actually bother to watch it, you'll discover that it's an embodiment, a representation of their own desires. Just like a visual illusion, this is an erotical illusion. It's such a well established fact that porn producers actually started hiring women for softcore tranny porn videos, and placed a bulge in their panties instead of actually hiring trannies. Female figure + Bulge = Perfect male erotic fantasy, from a viewing perspective. As for actually having sex with one, that requires a little bit more of a push, but simply viewing, it is the perfect image for the male brain, as the research in this presentation concludes. Great stuff.

Most research is done by jews, it can't all be fake. Not all jews are biased, kys you overly paranoid anti-free-thinking cuck. I hate liberals, I hate SJWs, and I hate you.

Nigger you better also have the tl;dr version. I'm not sitting around for that long to listen to a guy explain how a man being attracted to other men isn't gay.

The guy is a neuroscientist, he looks at how brains respond to different erotical illusions. He looked at a billion web searches and a million individual search histories. He concludes that the most popular search terms amongst western heterosexual men are 'large penis'

"There are four body parts that all heterosexual men are interested in
it's breasts, butts, feet, and the fourth body part was a big surprise to us, something
we completely didn't anticipate. It turns out the fourth body part that heterosexual
men are very interested in looking at is the penis."

But the data is pretty overwhelming in this. So men's search for penises almost as often
as they search for vaginas.
If you look at all of the top porn tube sites, these are pornographic sites that are knockoffs of Youtube, they always have a category for large penis porn.

"We looked at the top 35,000
most popular adult sites in the world and a thousand of those 35,000 were devoted to
large penises, heterosexual sites with large penises, devoted to men.
Eye tracking studies they showed images of clothed men and clothed women to men and women,
the men look at the crotch of the men much more often than the women do. Men are interested
in penises, especially large penises."

Gays aren't interested in trannies.

This ain't a TL;DR, but the research isn't that easy to boil down without rustling jimmies.

The research also looks at why women are so into fan fiction, and what causes culture like that to pop up.

Let's not go down this path.

Learn how to make webms you prehistoric nigger.

I can't get up that fucking ladder/on the catwalk..

Why don't Papika and Kokona just fuck?

So basically not wanting to see a tiny dick fuck a woman, which would lead to her reactions seeming even less realistic than they already are, somehow means men are attracted to women with dicks and that is somehow not gay?
and gays are totally interested in trannies because trannies are still men.

Also I'm not saying that a jew happened to show up alongside this, but I'll be damned if one didin't. It's not helping that whole "jews aren't out to get you" thing

the dodge seems both OP and wonky at the same time. if i spam the dodge button in normal, im almost invincible. but if im playing on hard, it seems to not work, and i seem to get hit even when not in the hitbox area.

its almost as if normal mode has a better hitbox? but normal is too easy because of how i can just spam dodge. hard is too fucking hard because of a cheater hitbox the enemies have, and dodging changes.

am i doing something wrong?

I found those links, I didn't make them.

Normal mode has less attacks, thus easier to dodge.
On hard the AI is slightly better and everything is more aggressive.
That's why you're getting hit.
Adjust mentally to the different tempo.

No, this research doesn't generalise more than it needs to. There are exceptions, and this is only something that has been discovered through perceived anonymity. These claims only apply to what people do behind the anonymity of their laptops, and through porn sites, their fantasies, this has nothing to do with what they may or may not do in the real world.

This is based on how interested males are in "large penises", and then the correlation with anonymity and searches for tranny porn, and large penises. Again, there are sections on porn sites devoted to large penises, because men like large penises, they don't like small ones. This is something innate, something inherant in males, if you're in a gangbang you don't want a small penis around, men are turned on by the vision of a large penis and female figure, combine the two and you've got an erotical illusion that captivates men from most cultures.

Figured it out, the right way rather than the tricky way.

i tested it with those big robots that punch. on normal the punches dont connect if i move out of the way. on hard, they connect even if i have about 3 body lengths between where i stand and the punch animation ends. hard seems to have a different hit detection.
and its not less forgiving, its blatantly broken. if i wasnt so lazy i'd create a comparison video.

Nigger you can't have a thread here about a console games without PC fuckbois shitting the thread up about how it's garbage because it's doesn't have a shitbox toaster port, or for having Denuvo when it does.

I call bullshit too, i am nothing particular and i don't seek for penis on the interbutt, i don't watch porn for the same fucking reason.
Yes all jews. Looks like Dr Freud is making up some bullshit again.

I've found two secret areas so far. Both lead to backwards short cuts. The first one lead to two short cuts. Two of the three short cuts, one in each of the two secret areas, were opened by operating two copy pasted machine boxes. Only one of the three short cuts had any use, because a larger item chest was hidden in such a way that you would be forced to fall to an earlier area that is right by the shortcut. Also, the circular room after the first locked elevator has a few dozen unactivated small robots lining the walls that you can blow up with your pod. You can blow up all of them except four near the bottom.

I'll be disappointed if this thread dies just because we hit the bump limit. I haven't been this hyped for a game in a while.

yeah. don't have a ps4 but this is going to be one of the first games I pick up for it once I get my pay raise

So let's review:

What else am I missing?

Holy shit. This is why social studies should be a fucking hobby not an actual thing people are getting paycheck for.
Men check other men penises to compare which is old competition trait in men.
I guess it makes you get attention at something abnormal if it has dick but come on. Its that fucking simple.
And why we are talking about this shit in every nier thread. Even Kaine recognizes herself as a fucking mistake.

In order to refute research, you need to provide counter evidence. I hate the jews as much as you do, but this simply isn't an argument. Whether or not you hate jews has nothing to do with it though, I still think you're a dumb retard, you just so happen to be a right-leaning retard instead of a left-leaning one.

futafags, not even once

How do you know we haven't?

Can you link to his research?

This game feels like the best parts of Bayonetta, MGR and the Wonderful 101 blended together.

No, there isn't a style meter as far as I could tell.
Quite a bit, the enemies in the demo don't have a lot of health but they usually attack in large numbers.
Yes to the first and yes to the second. You can encounter groups of enemies while traversing the level but you will also enter conveniently large rooms were enemies will then begin to spawn.
I can't tell, you only have two weapons(not including fists) in the demo.
Definitely closest to Bayonetta.
He isn't with you in the demo.
Well the dialogue in the demo wasn't terrible but that's all I can say.

Beautiful work user.

Can you faggots please take your gay brain derail shit somewhere else!

To be fair, you get boat transport later on for some shortcut help.

A nice thing about Nier is that sidequests aren't just filler to pad gameplay and give you loot/money/experience. Most quests, no matter how simple (such as the first one, "deliver medicinal herbs to someone") has a backstory to it, the participants talk to you before/after you do certain things in the quest, and Nier talks with Weiss about the quests and the people themselves during the execution. It's a really nice touch that helps build the game's world.

Aaaaaaaand then there's Life in the Sands. FUCK that quest. It's basically Taro trolling you. (Anyone playing here, you can safely skip LitS. It has no conversation, nothing to bring aside from annoyance).
user here knows.

It's all cited in his book, it's not all HIS research, it's research he's reviewed, formatted, played a part in creating, etc.

amazon.com/Billion-Wicked-Thoughts-Largest-Experiment/dp/0525952098

magnet:?xt=urn:btih:590dfb8eb49dc26d2a7bb0dc30af4aef091f2809&dn=A%20Billion%20Wicked%20Thoughts%20What%20the%20World%27s%20Largest%20.epub&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.leechers-paradise.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2fexplodie.org%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.coppersurfer.tk%3a6969%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.opentrackr.org%3a1337%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2f9.rarbg.com%3a2710%2fannounce&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.zer0day.to%3a1337%2fannounce

Here's a magnet for a torrent, though it seems the seeders are offline right now at this point in time.

Go make a fucking thread on some other gay board.

If you want the truth, I desperately want there to be a bulge

1. no
2. most of it.
3. you explore from arena to arena with scattered enemies in between. you usually have to explore after killing all the enemies in an area.
4. demo only has the weapons you start with, but based on how they handled the menus, it seems there will be alot, and combos of them. up on the D pad switches between weapon loadouts, its unclear how many you can create. (they give you 2 which basically switches which weapon is your primary) which also changes your combo.
5. i frame dodging and parrying.
6. he only joins in on a boss battle, and his help is little more than cosmetic.
7. text jap/eng, audo jap/eng.

At least you're talking about the game now.

I'm not gonna try to argue against research I can't see and I'm not gonna buy his book.
Unless you can support your claim by showing me the evidence, you have just as much to backup your claim as anyone else here.

You want proof of men generally liking trannies? Just look at this failure of a thread. We can't stop focusing on just the potential of a penis.

Just grab the torrent and wait for seeders to come online. We're not hosting a public forum, we don't have to argue about this. I've given you a presentation in which he shows this evidence, why don't you watch it, eh?

This guy sounds pretty retarded.

It would be a huge, ENORMOUS missing opportunity if they don't implement something of the sort with the Plug-in Chip mechanic. All those small details, where you can disable parts of the HUD by removing certain chips, and even commit sudoku, it would be a damn shame not to take full advantage of such an interesting interface and just go wild with it. Especially since Platinum games usually have a scoreboard to gauge your performance in combat, I will at least expect a combo counter.

Sounds similar to Liberal thinking.

Not to mention, the image is only a part of the research, why don't you just watch the presentation in which the author of the research explains himself? I can't be assed justifying this to people whos minds are already made up, I just wanted to share the presentation.

jewish research is about as reliable as the proof given by

who cares about combo counting and style? the game encourages you to just be the most efficient badass possible. style meters discourage this and dictate how they want you to play. picture related.

Just stop. Everyone interested can lurk. Keep your political arguments elsewhere.

Considering there was a scoring system in the time attack arena mode in one of gameplay showcases, I wouldn't discount the possibility of there being a chip that adds the score counter to the HUD. Also, I REALLY like the HUD customization. After seeing the opera boss, I was hopeful that I could turn the HUD off during boss battles to make everything more immersive. This level of interactivity with the HUD goes way beyond my expectations.

go share your propaganda elsewhere chaim.

You said, "Most men are attracted to penises. Demographically "Large penis" is the number one search term for heterosexual males."
Your image doesn't support the claim.
How is pointing that out liberal logic?

It's not political.
It's just off-topic.

in the current year it certainly is.

I can't believe I have to repeat myself on an imageboard. That image is a single screencapture from a book with demographic data spanning billions of searches. The first thing I posted was a youtube video with a presentation about that research in depth, nobody watched it, nobody is interested.

nothing you posted supports your claim that theres proof that men are attracted to pensises. and when you cited his original work, it looks like "youth" not "penises" are the most common search. infact penises are #7 and likely men searching big dicks fucking young girls.

but this also points to no research of what criteria is used to differ penis from hardcore searches. also internet searches arent an indication of popularity, only popular amongst porn watchers.

the research is flawed, and your presentation of the research is flawed.

Talk about Nier: Automata you literal faggots.

This thread is clearly about big dicks and shemales, I don't know what the fuck you're on about

The gimmick for the final fight of the demo was neat, hope it get used more in the full game.

I've noticed there is some clothing damage, just not the kind you horny bastards wanted. Pay attention to opening and closing cutscenes. 2B loses feathers because of the fighting she's been doing.

As long as it's Nier related dicks and shemales I don't give a fuck. Faggots are arguing about junk science though.

(Checked)
It's worth noting that the game keeps a tally of how many consumable items you've used and enemies you've killed, that might be indicative of something.

FUN FACT: you can shoot down that flock of birds!

Neato

I never promised images, just that I'd let him fuck me in the ass while wearing one.

Also works for the HP chip.

I can't wait to see how they use the potential of plug-in chips. It could get silly, like chips with viruses, or chips that completely change animations. Like give her new idle animations.

Also, are there any secret areas in the demo?

Two

Nice, time to play again and look for them.

TOO LEWD

We have to go lewder.
Are there any doujins yet?

So will the PC release have Denuvo? It is Square Enix, after all.

Have some convenient sword censorship.

probably, just get the console release if you want something that will work.

STILL TOO LEWD

why yes, you don't want to support denuvo, wouldn't you rather have a copy that will go up in value in 10 years too? It's only the smart purchase decision.

But I don't have a ps4

I wish that games had more cool idle animations.

sounds like you made a mistake somewhere down the line

Who did the English voice for the Pod? It sounds like DC Douglas who did Rufus Albarea from Cold Steel 1/2, and Grimoire Noire from the original Nier.

Shiggy

"Sword"

Indeed!

She has a special idle animation for each weapon that ends with putting away her weapon. For the big sword she sticks it in the ground.

When she's standing there she has at least two idle animations for that.

Also I notice she does a lot of twirls and spins that seem to be unnecessary, just added in for flair.

And I said I wasn't going to fap tonight…

I like that. Makes hits have more impact. Plus it looks cool.

It's pretty cool. Like if you equip the long sword to square and hold it, she twirls right around after her last attack.

I'm gonna be honest, i don't understand why you're sexualizing a robot, and arguing over the sex of a robot.
They have no sex.

You can just customize what's between their legs to have 15 dicks and 2 vaginas, it's like modding any other piece of hardware.
What the fuck is the point of this?

Like a dancer. It's beautiful.

Can we see this frame in HD?

I'd have to start up the PS4 to get it. Have these instead.

She does a twirl in her light mid-air attacks too.

Fat ass, and fat cock.

HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE

Leotard covers slightly less, but still enough. Plus imagining her wearing a leotard under her dress is hotter than imagining her wearing a bra and panties.

I completely approve of this game, if they somehow manage to censor It I will flip my harder than the force of a 1000 suns.

You niggers find anything new?
Any more porn?

G-got more?

Fuck you post ass in frilly dress.

The entire thread is full of ass in frilly dress.

Posting two final pics unrelated to Nier