Watch Dogs 2 is already heavily discounted. Amazon is already selling copies for $35...

Watch Dogs 2 is already heavily discounted. Amazon is already selling copies for $35, and Gamestop is throwing together "Buy this and get Division for free" deals. Whats going on, are these supposed to be generous christmas deals or did the game perform infinitely worse than even something like Mafia 3 or FFXV? Even something like Dead Rising 4 is 40 bucks already, is it a sign that focus testing AAA games based on market trends dont work anymore and that people remember what its like getting burned?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_Soulban
twitter.com/luciensoulban
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

I live in France and pretty much every PC games can be bought day one at this price. on Amazon.

REMINDER THAT THIS GAME IS WORTHLESS AND THEY RUINED BEST BOY BY MAKING HIM AN UGLY FORTY YEAR OLD JEW

Lucky you.

Who?

i wish he was a qt 20 year old jew

Wrench or whatever mr. emoticon face's name is. He should have been the qt-ist twink, but they made him a rabbinical grandpa.

"AAA" games or shitty games with big marketing budget will be a dying breed soon, like with movies, when everything is marketed as a "blockbuster" the consumer will grow numb to it and so they become unsustainable, the numbness hit harder especially the casual market who is far less likely to keep interest/hype for long and once they are gone it's for good, only titans like GTA or Elder Scrolls can break the 3-5 million barrier now and reach the dream numbers SE and Ubisoft hope to achieve. The amazing thing is that those companies sacrificed and alienated their main base who could keep them afloat for a long time providing sustainable income for the company via Mid-Big Budgets titles without needing much marketing cost, now their casual market is going away and their main base are gone too.

Such wasted potential

Keep in mind that right after the movie studios failed, they began experimenting and we had one of the most creative eras for film of all time. Hopefully the same will happen with games, even if it doesn't, making a game is often much cheaper than making a film, so the indie scene certainly has a lot of potential.

Oh, that guy. I guess people expected another Jackie Ma from Sleeping Dogs?

I genuinely wonder if AAA companies are starting to regret their behaviour in the 7th generation of consoles, or the whole "gamers are entitled" shit from 2012 or especially around DmC's release.

A revival will come but will take while i guess, the greatest talents from 80/90/00's are either too old and tired, out of the industry or became money hungry executives. New talent will bring a gaming industry revival.

No, i would say they are starting to worry, the AAA game industry is stupid beyond believe and takes a long time to learn anything if ever, i could fully explain it but i don't want to make a blog post here, basically it goes like this "GTA/Farmville/DLCs/Whatever is making insane amounts of money? so is your project like them? if YES it's approved, if NO it will be next to impossible to sell without great contacts" so the market saturates until a new "Blockbuster"-type emerges and the cycle repeats until the market goes to hell and people lose interest in the market, then only small studios survive because they keep their main base engaged and hyped.

New blood is always good but the way videogames are released is awful for aspiring creatives. Its so much easier to watch a ton of influential older films than it is to either emulator or track down hardware to play a ton of influential older games. imo experiencing older stuff is so important to creatives and doing that with games is so much harder than a ton of other mediums.

Get AIDS now, and we'll throw in syphilis for free. What a deal.

Just for fun, How many AAA games had headlines like "X game sold X million of units" this year?

it is, Ross from Accursed Farms explain it really well in his Darkspore/Battleforge videos, sometimes even a shitty game can give someone a spark that may become some great mechanic or even a entire new genre. Thing is the Game industry is a lot harder to get into than Music or Movies, it involves so many things and its nearly impossible to do it alone, but to make things worse the industry itself doesn't make it any easier and the "indie" industry was taken over, what a mess.

Almost none. Now its just "X amount of units shipped", "GAME made $___ of revenue", or "GAME STATISTIC" for investors.

It's a very short game. It has less content than Watch Doge, the first.

Ubisoft made quite a bit of odd choices with WD2. In some ways its better, some ways the same bad, in other ways its worse

Kill these fuckers.

That second one is realistic tho.

It's not selling as well as they'd hoped. Can't blame them, the game isn't all that appealing to even the most casual faggot due to it looking like pretentious hipster crap. That, and no one really liked the first one. An eyesore sequel to a game no one liked, no wonder.

that's all you need to know about the current state of the AAA industry market.

-If the game does well on release, the SALES numbers are released ASAP to appease the investors.

-If the game did not do well enough on release but they expect it to recover after awhile, SHIPMENT numbers are released to say something like "there is still hope" or "it will recover in the long run".

-if the game did terribly on release and there is no hope of recover, they release GAME STATISTIC or fluff like HOURS PLAYED and start seeking for a new job or someone/something to pin the blame on.

what a joke

I'm glad to see all of these shit games flopping, I hope they finally understand that pandering to casuals and SJWs is useless. Unless they blame it on piracy. But anyway I can feel the videogame crash of 2017 coming. Ubisoft can't live with this many flops in such a little time span.

Thats some blatant SJW shit, what a joke.

The thing that has really fucked over this year's crop of AAA games is that other AAA games from previous years now can have a much longer tail due to massive updates enabled by the new consoles and their online infrastructure. So not only are these games competing against this year's AAA, they are also competing against the successful AAA games from years past, most of which are cheaper, have more content, and are less glitchy due to being worked on for longer.

In addition to all the other problems that many AAA games have that are well covered and understood here (uninspired design, glitchy, too short, dull gameplay, etc,) this year's crop has to compete with the biggest and best from past years as well to an extent much bigger than we've seen in gaming before.

Watch Dogs 2 and Mafia III were likely competing against Grand Theft Auto V to a greate extent than they were competing against one another. Neither of those games can compete against GTA for polish or for sheer value per dollar.

Additionally, consider that you have $60 to spend and you want an FPS. Does it make more sense to spend $60 on the new Call of Duty, or to spend $20 buying Rainbow Six: Siege, $20 on Halo 5, and then pocket the rest? Both of those cheaper games have had a lot of content added for free since they released. That's a much stiffer competition for CoD than it has ever seen from past games before.

Imagine if in that first webm they were talking about niggers instead of straight people.

The first one wasn't realistic but holy shit this one makes no sense. The story is about a group of hipsters haxxors (one of them isn't even a hacker, she's a rich girl who makes shitty art with spray paint), all they care about is to get more followers. How could Ubisoft expect people to be interested in that shitty idea?!

what do you mean?
it's set in San Francisco. Everyone in the world lives in San Francisco, according to Twitter. How could it not be a megahit?

In WD2 they explain that they want to get more followers to download their app so they can eventually burrow processing power for their botnet to take down the big baddie I think. Oddly enough though there never is much at stake, its so light hearted this game could honestly be T for Teen.

by making the gameplay fun?

35 bucks is not "heavily discounted", homolord
Verified Holla Forums premium user since 2016

See you at
>>>/premium/
Verified Holla Forums premium user since 2016

Sure, but the gameplay in WD2 is a downgrade compared to the first one. You can't carry more than 2 weapons (+ a taser), cops throw grenades at you, the multiplayer is boring, no co-op mode.

I'm sorry

There are plenty of big AAA flops these days from the likes of SE, EA, Ubisoft, Capcom, etc. They're not wising up to this thanks to their advisers, boards, and marketing teams telling them the same thing consistently - spend ludicrous amounts of money on products designed to nickle and dime customers while "appealing to a broader audience" and expect to make even more ludicrous amounts of money back. Remember DmC being expected to sell 2 million? Remember Dead Space 3 being expected to sell 5 million? Remember nu-Tomb Raider and Hitman Absolution failing to meet their expectations despite selling 3.4 million and 3.6 million respectively? Big publishers never learn.

So it's at least a realistic depiction of San Fran then.

me too

Well, ubishit went with a bone-headed way of "fixing" the game. They certainly took the criticism regarding the mechanics clashing with one-another, destroying any internal consistency for the game (instead of legitimate hacking, you just turn things on/off, and aidan pulling all sorts of weapons out of his ass for no fucking reason, not mentioning that it's just AC in the current year, complete with watchtowers and fetchquests).

They saw this as it being unrealistic, and decided to completely abandon it for balls-to-the-wall, over the top, "how do you do fellow kids" presentation instead with ebin sjw commentary, characters, and aesthetics of, you know, actually refining the aspects that drew people in to the premise, like actual hacking mechanics, legitimately tense combat (you're just a fucking basement dwelling hacker, how the fuck can Aidan be able to pull off all sorts of action movie shit without any prior extensive training?), an engaging story about a cat-n-mouse chase, pulling appart a huge corruption ring through wits and hacking, and generally stuff that makes the game good.

No, instead we get this dumbass approach at hacking, complete with the stereotypical perception of punkish early 90s hackers full of muh diversity and an ==INCREDIBLY NUANCED AND SUBTLE== jab at Donald Trump, the same, cookie cutter gameplay from AC and nothing more. Considering the horrendous first impression that WD gave, it comes as no surprise that the sequel is doing so shit, and that's good, ubishit deserves to stop existing if they're going to be such self-absorbed faggots about making games.

je me sens moins seul

is this the next battleborn of flops

Yeah but how long can they sustain on such a shitty model? Not long I hope, these publisher's main revenues ARE videogames, they need to sell some one day or another.

A lot of them have guarenteed sellers like yearly shooter projects, AssCreeds, and sports games that they can churn out and reuse assets and design for. Not to mention their existing game models give additional profits thanks to all the various extra charges for season passes, pre-order bonuses, etc. The raw sale numbers aren't the total measure of success now, it's more about how many pre-orders you can secure or the sales you can get within your launch period. Remember what good old Johnny Ravioli said about game pricing evolving?

Its hard for me to say if the game is better or worse than that regard, what is a major problem is the weak as shotgun and lackluster driving.

It is my sincerest wish that you gentlemen are not in the habit of carrying forth this action.

FFXV sold over 5 million copies its first day.

shipped

This is a small autistic gripe with Botch_Dogs 2, but the "hero" hacker group is called DedSec. Does that sound like the name of a bunch of scrappy rebels fighting the establishment to you? Because it doesn't to me. It sounds like what you'd name an evil hacker group that disrupts powergrids and opens dams and sabotages flight control computers and general shit-fucking "for the lulz." When I first saw Wrench, I thought "this looks like the SanFran hacker equivalent of Darth Vader, why is he not the entertaining and witty villain?"

it's nothing compared to the game's real problems but little things like this that just don't make sense to me are what really convince me the dev teams just didn't give a shit.

shows how the alt right autists and tumblrinas are exactly the same.

n-no user, i-it's completely different! Minorities are i-innocent and p-p-pure and c-could never mistreat one another like all those evil white people!

i can't even remember ubisoft having a core userbase.
i bought rayman origins even after the mindscape property shit ubisoft pulled. then they tossed drm on the next game in the series and i gave up on them.

No one has been able to answer me this

The first game was received poorly, what made them think to make a sequel?

Not much people liked it, sure, but that was after they played the game they bought.

Hype and pre-order cancer did made enought first sales to justify a sequel.

It sold fairly well and got a second wind when it was sold cheap on steam and people started modding back the graphics effects the game was supposed to have.
Guess they thought it had enough brand strength to sell well with enough of a marketing push. Shows how wrong they were.

Jews and dumb white cunts.

They thought they could fix a leaky pipe by smashing it with a hammer.

good on them for getting some code to compile

HON HON HON WEE WEE BAGUETTE

Didn't this game also censor vaginas but left the dicks in or am I confusing this with a different game?

No, you're right, this is the game that shipped with pedestrian models that had fully modeled genitalia and no underwear for whatever reason.

He is confused, this one does (or did) have modeled uncensored vaginas.

Are you kidding? AAA is crashing. There are way fewer AAA games made today than there were 7 years ago. Plus the ones that are being made cost more to make and sell less. Look at the hardware makers, Sony is pulling out of handhelds, Microsoft looks like they're done and will retreat to PC. Nintendo can't afford to make both a handheld and a console anymore and are merging them. The crash is definitely happening, it just hasn't happened overnight.

They'll just switch to mobile and f2p though, and they sure as fuck won't quit pushing their cancerous Marxist agenda.

Even if the crash happens, it will merely make things worse.

Of course, that's what a crash is. The reason we want one is because it'll either get better with time, or stay dead, and either is preferable to the current state of the industry.

wtf that cant be real

I came in here thinking this was a sequel to sleeping dogs 2 but forgot sleeping dogs 2 was already out, then i looked closely and it said Watchdogs instead.

The studio behind Sleeping Dogs is dead, their last game some stupid mobile/facebook shit.

yeah then it would have been a rockstar game

Are we sure this isn't taking the piss on SJWs instead of being SJW? That fat tumblrina for example seems like some kind of antagonist and they made the most hateful memespouting landwhale possible, I think it's clear that you're supposed to hate that thing and that's why they gave it the SJW look.

There is a part of the game where a character is saying that she literally hates hetereosexual people. The main characters are a nigger, a jew and a muslim girl. If you like that shit then go ahead and play it but don't pretend that it's something else to get others to play it as well.

Again, isn't that taking the piss out of SJWs? I got the impression that was presented as "haha look at these cali assholes and the crazy shit they complain about".

user, leftists have no self-awareness whatsoever. What you and I considering a vile hambeast, Holla Forums sees a strong, independent, proactive womyn that need no man.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucien_Soulban
This guy is the only writer who worked on the game who has a wikipedia page.
If someone like that worked on the game then I don't think the part about hating heterosexual people was just "taking the piss" at SJWs.

I'm pretty sure that's not a real name.

twitter.com/luciensoulban
Are you seriously trying to claim that the person does not exist for the sake of getting others to play the game? He is a lead writer at Ubsioft Montreal you fucking kike, kill yourself.

That a clear as fuck intention to use vidya for subvert, at least jews try to be subtle

Jews have given up trying to be subtle.

That's the name of a cartoon character written by a teenager, it can't be the name of an actual person.

I have the game there's nothing in it that says "we're totally ironic guyz". These freaks are the "good" guys. The bad guy is a white male, there's a mission where you hack a political candidate called Thruss (who wants to "make the Bay area stonger"), there's also a secondary mission where you hack into a Shkreli-like guy's house and steal all his money.

Shit I forgot another secondary mission where the mudslime girl on your team asks you to hack her camgirl-friends' computer because she doesn't like that she does that kind of thing.

Nigger, Lucien is a regular fucking French name which makes sense since he lives in Quebec. Soulban is Arab since his full name is Lucien Moussa Shukri Soulban which also makes sense since he was born in an Arab country, stop being so retarded.

Disgusting.

please tell me that Ubishit, a french company, makes games with french voice over.
>2nd webm: they copied the advanced human AI onto the birds, now be a good goyim and buy the game ;^)

You can choose whatever language you want for the voices and/or the subtitles. I'm french but I mostly play vidya with english voice over

Never gets old.

(you)

I have a free copy of that and I'm not even sure what the fuck to do with it.

You sure put him in his place, real masterful rebuttal techniques there, not even acknowledging his counterargument.

all of the major games sold shit this year,

gaming crash when ?

I knew I saved this for a reason.
sage for off-topic

not an argument

not an argument

This would be all I do for a couple hours then I'd get bored. Is there a decent torrent out there? I don't want to drop the shekels for it.