FTL13: AUTISTIC SCREECHING edition

What is FTL13?
A branch of /tg/station code for the game Space Station 13, instead of fucking around on a space station, you fuck around on a moving space ship doing objectives.

How do I play this?
You download a shitty 20 year old client called BYOND, an engine mostly used to make shitty anime games, it looks like it's riddled with malware but in actuality it's pretty harmless.

byond.com/download/

You then make an account, find SS13, hit Ctrl+O and type the listed IP and there you go.

What the fuck do I do?
Check out the new players guide for /tg/station:
ftl13.com/wiki/index.php?title=Starter_guide
Then go from there. Here's the wiki for FTL13 which is mostly just a copy/paste of /tg/'s wiki:
ftl13.com/wiki/index.php?title=Main_Page

SERVERS
byond://75.68.188.142:5513
Main serb

FTL13 CODEBASE
github.com/FTL13/FTL13

Other urls found in this thread:

gitgud.io/nanotrasen/nullsec
wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Great_Eastern
youtu.be/MkAes75wiUM
ftl.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rock_Cruiser
i.imgur.com/LPwrcht.png
i.imgur.com/nySusx8.png
i.imgur.com/z1koxHG.png
baq5.bandcamp.com/album/android52-presents-file-corrupted
baq5.bandcamp.com/track/groove-of-the-labyrinth
github.com/Yonaguni/EuropaStation
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

get on you niggers we have bosses to kill now

I ain't joining that shit.

rounds about to end fam dont worry

rounds over join faggots

Is there any place where guns are hidden as loot? Like somewhere in Lavaland?

plenty of places dude there are little bio domes that have another captains gun shit like that

RIP server
You will be missed

Holy shit gitgud fix your fucking server

GITGUD WHERE ARE YOU FIX THIS SHIT

hey man it's only 90 seconds to restart kill me

servers fixed we can meme again

AAAAAAAAAAAAA always works.

M E T A G A M I N G A D M I N S
E
T
A
G
A
M
I
N
G
A
D
M
I
N
S

fuck gitgud, and his circlejerk too.

Forgot my complementary meme

Is FTL13 stable yet?

Fucking gross, at least spoiler that shit.

I'm pretty sure that's a skeleton wearing a skin suit.

repostan from last thread

this is a ms paint suggested guide of how the ship should be, so forgive the messiness of it

the yellow/orange text is to tell you what goes where in those hard to see places

Is there any way to add in the theater to the bar? Or add in quarters for the clown and the mime?

there should be more then often space, the problem is the remove useless jobs fags

rarely in lavaland, and i think in space

there's like no jobs where you can reliably just fuck off and go explore though so you have to pray that the HoP isnt a jew this shift and lets you use one of the EVA suits

WHERE'S TOXINS?

there wasn't a toxins but there could be space for it

Straight, featureless hallways batman

we limited on space, but you're right we could reduce those hallways down some but I doubt by much

also shit's getting boring as the objectives aren't varied enough pls fix

Its very important for SS13 that the game feels like a maze and the ship was designed by retards, so hallways should be as odd shaped and inconvenient as possible.
Its very important for FTL that there be next to no hallways at all, people should walk through other people's rooms to get to things.

Last time i played on this server traitors werent enabled, traitors/similar would probably make the objectives more exciting, as they could provide an added and unknown challenge to each objective.

there's alot of things which need to be done to make the game more fun

niggers the server is empty get on here faggots

Sorry guys, I haven't really made much time to work on FTL13. However, I've updated and restarted the server as of this post.

This is pretty good. Please make a merge request to upstream as soon as this is done and ready:

gitgud.io/nanotrasen/nullsec

If somebody could code in mothgirls that'd be great, thanks.

GETGUD YOU KIKE WHEN IT'S COMING BACK UP I NEED MY FIX

Kernel updates required a full reboot. SystemD starts FTL13 once everything's good to go. So now.

pastebin.com/FNgyH23a

Make it happen my dude, would be a perfect way to create specialty super high potency ammunition for the MAC cannon

assuming that's possible

The mac cannon can only fire 3 things why dont you niggers get that, the ship fights are simulated even if we fired the fucking supermattershard at them (which we cant) it would do literally nothing

this kinda shit needs to be fixed tbh

How hard can it be™?

In other news:

Well? Fix it!

no, get the autistic fuck who actually made ftl13 to do it he'd get it done faster

does basil have less special snow flakes then sybil?

JUST DO IT

b-but user I'm really lazy tho and this is the one break I get from teaching for another 3 months I really dont want to learn a shitty language just to make something that will probably lag the server

make something which wont lag the server then but more importantly

JUST
DO
IT

Uhh, couldn't tell you. I haven't been on sybil since it became the pubscum server and kept getting murderboned by nontag retards.

(checked)
(checked again)
DO IT FAGGOT

that musta been some time ago then

We need window shutters. Fucking carp are breaching every department because we have none.

this
this
this
this
this
this
this
this
this
this
this
this
v
v
this

Maybe set up drones for the dead or make mobs that function like defensive drones in FTL?
Perhaps give them a silly power requirement or expensive material requirement to build so folks don't just turn them on and forget about them. Or maybe make them super fragile so they can waste carp but kersplode after a little slap.

like AI turrets? I've suggested people set them up all over the vessel afew times but building girder infront of every window is easier

But what about the server's stance on alien species? I'm all in favour of adding more aliens to play as but if it's just gonna lead to validhunting and "REMOVE ALIEN", there's no point in adding them.

When I played there, Sybil was the powergamer server and Basil was the roleplayer server.
You went to Sybil for robust spessmen-on-traitor action, jobs were just your arsenal.
You went to Basil for roleplaying your character, jobs were the gimmicks you could use. Also ERP, according to Sybil.

moth girls are not for harming, they are pure waifu material

New round is up, lets hope they don't holocaust the engine again.

REMOVE ALIEN
I don't mind so long as it's some you can become rather then spawn as, if you wish to be a plasma man or a fucking ligger then you need to go through the work to do it

But that doesn't make any sense. If you "turn" into an alien, than they aren't another race, they are a state of being. Like being a skeleton or a zombie, who are just humans in a different stage of (un)life.
Having the players go through hoops before they can play as that race just makes it not be used that often or at all in best case scenario, because in worst case, there's a player that's not gonna play with anyone else on the server for 15 minutes until he became the race of his choice.

Case in point, how convuluted plasmamen are to generate to the poitn that you never see a single one at all. Nobody goes around with internals charged with plasma and a suit ready for that shit by accident, when they were intended to be the result of disatrous accidents.
And nobody is gonna set fire to part of the station just to become a being that must wear the same apparel for the rest of the round in every round it shows up.

Plasmamen were a cool concept but their execution has got to be the worst done ever. And Liggers rely on Viro RNG!

you're not wrong but my preference is that of fuck every furfag

New bugs, Accidentally loading a unarmed SP shell makes the MAC breech cease to exist.

That's all good and all but the fetish for having sex with animal costumes has nothing to do with how easy it should be to play as an alien race in FTL13.

I don't mind plasmamen or mothgirls mainly because I'm into /monster/ shit and moths are cute as fuck. Liggers are a no-go, they attract furfags and other undesirables and should only be used for people who are dead so they can roam Lavaland.

that's a known bug

true

The things we read online…
And it sounds like the problem isn't the liggers themselves but some of the players that play them. Ban or bully those players, don't ban Lizards instead.

Moot point on this server as "lavaland" changes everytime the ship goes to a new planet and there's not even enough content in there to keep anyone busy. It's preferable to ghost than being stranded in FTL13

Fuckoff with your furfaggotry shit mrpuppysky/koriath/whoeverthefuck, every single time it's the same argument of "b-but muh special flavour of human!"and every time it's used to justify killbaiting people because you're an obnoxious piece of shit who wouldn't stop inconveniencing others.
Xeno races are shit. Nanotrasen is human. In lore xenos have been since long wiped out in their mayority already by both Nanotrasen and the Syndicate where the only xenos who managed to survive were the fucking Changelings because they are indistinguishable from humans in most ways and lizardslaves which have no point being in a BATTLESHIP. Moths are equally shitty. Fuck you.
FUCK YOU

Already namedropping? Well, that didn't took long. Thankfully we have IDs here to see you're just another "fuck the admins!" guy for context.

Alien races have nothing to do with killbaiting and you don't need them to do so. If you're autistic enough that you'll try to kill a player because of what cosmetic race he chose to play as, and especially if you are so unrobust you can't do it, you're the one that needs some cooldown time in the vaccum of space.

Nanotransen is a human corporation that set to the skies to expand it's business across the universe. Every single alien race it found was wiped clean the same way Native Americans were handled, except for the races that proved usefull for Nanotransen, who are given menial tasks to assist the station for cheap labour.

Nothing of this should be that outrageous, it's the same idea behind slavery and large corporations hiring spics and niggers for low wages and it's aknowledged in the game as Xenos can't be Heads at all.

If you have a personal preference for Humans, that's your opinion. My opinion is that Star Wars and Star Trek would have been incredibly worse and more boring if it was only humans in them, despite that most of the story could very well see only humans be used and still make sense.

From cosmetic changes to metabolism differences, there's many different things that make those races interesting.
The Abductors we had on Hatestation, adapted to be used as regular crewmenbers were awesome, their hivemind essentially a gigantic shitposting channel where they mocked every other crew menber among themselves.

Flys were cool as well due to how disgusting
they were and how it was fun to buzz at people and puke all over the place.

And Shadow Bartenders with a candle-lit bar was atmospheric as fuck.

You'd think someone would be able to make this game with an engine that isn't held together by string. Hell just make it ascii

you mean like this?

Perfecto

Every single fucking server has its own completely different lore. Trying to say "muh lore" about SS13 is about the most autistic thing I've ever heard.

I'm all for star trek aliens (especially if it gives more fun toys to xenobio and genetics) but it seems to me you just want an excuse to roleplay hating aliens.

[muffled angry buzzing]

Nah, I like having aliens around, they make for interesting rounds and xeno banter is awesome.
Personnaly, I'd like a spiderling race to fill my workplace with nets and make a web hammock to rest lazily.

But you gotta have something going for humans, otherwise they become the boring mundane race nobody plays and Head roles do that just fine.

I also think it's a pretty cool idea that goes with the "humanity fuck yeah" idea that races are allowed to join NT ranks if they prove they can be good tools to be exploited by humans. It feeds very nicely in the "NT is totalitarian evil space conqueror" idea.

Just have Xenos in and don't make a rule stating them to be valid at all times, but restrict them to non-Head roles, that's all it needs.

are you trying to bait me?

Having "something going for humans" can just as easily be "not having a giant fucking drawback". Didn't tgstation have some race that had to breathe plasma so needed a special suit to stay alive on the station? Stuff like that sounds like a better way to handle aliens (though not fucking plasma, thats fucking stupid) than attempting to create some kind of human supremacy concept in the game mechanics.

just make the sprites already you cuck

I'm working on it

I mean drider-type spinderling. Torso and up human but bottom spider. So pretty much Rachne, yes.
SS13 won't be completed until we can assemble the full Monmusou cast on the ship\station.

It's really not that much of a good idea.
Vox require CO2 to breathe and Plasmamen not only required plasma to breath, they also spontaneiusly combusted in contact with O2, so they had a suit of their own.

The result is that Vox are more often seen with events that spawn them than actual players and Plasmamen, like I said before, are so convuluted to "produce" and play as, nobody bothers, despite them being flaming skeletons.

They also have the downside of having to wear specific apparel, limiting customising options and you pretty much see the same character all the time.

Downsides to balance the aliens has to be done very, very carefully or you reach a point where there's no point in playing as them anyway.
Skeletons and Zombies were fine in Hatestation, they had the ability to survive without O2 and were immune to toxins, but skeletons took double brute damage and zombies took double burn damage.
This meant that, while both were immune to temperature damage, fire was a very bad hazard to zombies and space was terrible for skeletons unless they had protection.
They were races you played for fun, not for combat.
Also healing them was a bitch since Cryo didn't worked, but I think skeletons eventually got their Milk patch.

i'm still waiting on my sexy boss fight faggot

dude dont give me a boner please

reee

I'll get with it as soon as I stop feeling like dying alright

we all want to die faggot get over it

They're two different things you faggot, go back to >>>/kemono/ with the rest of your furfaggot friends.

no I'm busy with memes

Well, Slimegirls are in the works.
If that faggot finishes the Spidergirl/dude sprite, you can be sure I'll add it myself.
After that we just need to make a tie in with X-Com for snek-tits and then we are only missing fish-girl that nobody likes and horse-pussy that nobody likes even less, so who cares?

Gentlemen let's not have that debate here, that's far more autistic than regular SS13, we can all enjoy different girls with dif-

H-Hey! I liked Centorea…

ded serber ded gayme get the fuck on here niggers

ok faggot sorry i was working on learning byond but i guess not today

She's a cool character and I'd like to have her too, knightly pure maiden that will fight for you with massive bazongas? Yes please!
But she's half-horse and you know it's gonna be PONY SHIT PONY SHIT MLP MLP if she's added in, user
Such is the fate of all that love horse pussy, blame the MLP fanbase

Someone make her sprites already…

I'd rather have the server drama fags, tbh.

Dude that bottle is going to fall of the edge.

nu

aren't horse sluts already in citadel?

Fug, they are and a lot of other shit like vore code.
I have some spelunky to do, especially with their re-sizing code.

What a jackass, just roll up a dollar bill. Also why is there a light bulb on the table next to the liquor. That just seems unsafe.

shrink ray soon!

Nevermind, answered my own question. Should've just Ctrl+f'd.

If there are going to be more races, they should be explicitly human. Slimepeople and shit all take effort to become or are based on a sci-fi legacy, but rather than liggers and moths I'd rather see races like the Orions or the Borg, especially when they have possible interesting interactions with the SS13 concept- What happens to a green person on Hulk genes? What if you upgrade a Borg-like race's technology via advanced post-plasma science?

now that's interesting idea

I mentioned it in one the other threads, the AMR (from /vg/ or bay, I think) would be a lot more appropriate for the FTL setting. Making the need to purchase fuel a necessity.

Well fuck me, you meant byond, didn't you?

kys

also
ULTRA KYS

The moth girl thing was a joke, don't read too far into it. Genetics could be expanded to modify humans into chimeras with spliced-in animal traits for different planet environments though.

Terraformars inspired planet will happen somehow, I swear.

Word of God to stop you guys fighting about the lore of the Aloha Oe, the only thing that's really decided in my head is that the Aloha Oe is the most infamous ship in the fleet for some indeterminate reason. Whatever the actual case may be, it has a low standing comparative to the rest of the fleet and has a reputation for being cursed like the SS Great Eastern.

wikipedia.org/wiki/SS_Great_Eastern

youtu.be/MkAes75wiUM

The rest of the lore is flexible, I encourage you all to write some stories history and we'll make a proper canon for NullSec.

Maybe because the crew is absolutely retarded most of the time?
Who governs NanoTrasen? I'd make it some CEO guy who is super old and they keep him alive by using space technology. Or could it be an oligarchy of bureaucrats? What happened to the Clown Planet? Did it get invaded by Syndicate forces? Or blown up like Alderaan?

Also, how should we implement Spider Clan into the lore? A bunch of space weebs that act like a labor union for bounty hunters?

I think SS13 has always functioned well on a "the lore doesnt exist, how centcomm/nanotrasen is interpreted varies round to round and captain to captain" system.

Why are all the monkeys invisible

I'd like to think some super food tycoon decided to go into space to find the ultimate snack came across plasma instead and got even richer from that but his best friend got jealous of his success and formed the syndicate to undermine him whenever possible

spider clan is just spiders who evolved into space after learning how to fly but took some humans with them

Now, that mention of splicing in traits from animals is actually a good idea.
It would give people a reason to sell ores to the station and then buy those animal crates, because right now, there's no point to buying them.

Alternatively, buying a machine that functions like a meat gibber, in taht you stuff an animal into it, then it gives you a SE-ike syringe would be nice.

It would allow for more/crazier animals to be bought from stations, make the Yellow Pages more useful, give genetics something to do post finding all powers and would end the "pls add mur rayces" debates we always get instead of constructive shit.

Oh, and if we/I decide to code this, it should be only a temporary thing, like other SE syringes, so that it's not an instant win thing, and can fuck you up if you, say, walk over lava due to some animal bullshit and then get stuck.

Syndicate is usually just a bunch of other companies trying to undermine NT's monopoly on things, usually plasma.
They're not actually a military, as some people think, and just have deathsquad branches, like NT does.

animals don't have dna though

yes I know

Well, they don't have DNA now :^)
If I do code this, I'd use my idea of a grinder machine that kills the animal and condenses it down to a single-use, temporary SE syringe. That way you don't need to fuck around with genetics, and the "genetic powers" you get would instead be more like having a superpower, or a virus. The proc just gets deleted after a somewhat random time.

do every animal pls

I want an excuse for crab people

I'll see how it goes. I'd probably add all normal/tame creatures, plus a couple strange ones that are obscure and rare but offer a stupid funny power.
Definitely won't be adding anything that gives you a stupid advantage in combat, but probably more gimmicky things, like cows have more powerful punches, but at the cost of having to constantly eat grass tiles.

Fucking RIP any interest I had.

Nah, then we'd get furries and autists invading. I can deal with /monster/ and /clang/, but the others are cancer.

Don't worry cunt.
I wouldn't add anything for ERP, and that's if I even do it :^)

In other news, there's a new ship added to FTL13, upstream. Anyone got pictures? I'm downloading the git now, but if someone can save me time, that'd be handy.

i want to shoot myself, and now we have a bubblegum heading towards the ship

Song in wemb?

Also, love it when people take on Bubblegum with basic kinetic accelerators.

Putting together a map of the new ship upstream. It's not finished, but the barebones is there to comment on. No, this cannot be used, as there's so much missing from the map.

If the basic layout of the map exists (i.e. all the rooms have already been given a location and it fits in the footprint of the existing station.) then it shouldn't be too hard to get a workable version up and running. Is it up on gitgud.io?

didn't mean to sage.

I don't think the powers/mutations need to be impermanent if the buffs aren't combat suitable, but players should be punished with a chance at mutating into an unspeakable abomination or having other unintended mutations happening if you try to stack injections from the same or different animals.

Everything has been done regarding layout, there's just things missing like items spawns, the entire engine, AI core etc.
Pic related is a giant mishmash of images for the whole map. I got 6 images and merged them, rather than using the zoom out function which lowers visibility.
I have't checked, but I'm sure that atmos isn't done correctly, and power is definitely not done, as there's no APCs.

Combat buffs are nice, but then I'd have to test them for balance.
I'd be against chimeras, but a 50/50 shot at being a creepy monster would negate power stacking too much.

that looks like shit dude nigga what are you doing

try making it not look like a shuttle and more like something suited for actual space travel you meme, something that looks higher than heaven
or just make one from the actual ftl game
cough
ftl.wikia.com/wiki/The_Rock_Cruiser

Reeeeeeeread my posts, cunts.

This is from upstream, some other autist made it. My autism isn't ready for mapmaking just yet. Wires and atmos kill me.

Actually, I take that back.
I might go map making just to make small ships that are like the FTL ones.
Now, remember, this isn't a definite, but I might.
They'd be small, like a third the size of the current ship. No sec, reduced medbay and science, no xeno/viro, and engineering cramped up. Really, only good for under 5 players, to fit the FTL theme.

>i.imgur.com/LPwrcht.png
>i.imgur.com/nySusx8.png
>i.imgur.com/z1koxHG.png

As soon as he started reveling in the negative attention like some sort of poz-pig I knew it was time to GTFO.

the fuck is this

mapping is like the easiest shit ever. if you can't even do that i really question why you're attempting to host a server.

literally off yourself.

IE is a bitch for me too.
Hit No Frills option, it works on everything, even the new computers they added for FTL. There's an option to install VMs that do the trick, but I haven't tried.

Blow it out your ass, faggot.

i tried the VM they recommended, but its CPU usage is locked so it runs like shit
i could probably make one that works better but i shouldn't have to run a VM to play 2d spaceman

FUCK ALL THE FUCKING NEWFAGS COMING ONTO THE FUCKING SERVER HOLY SHIT

Admins, get on here and fucking straighten out these niggers trying to make this into the original FTL server. One of their fucking admins is here telling us we're all NatSoc faggots, and crying about naughty words.

Screenshots? I somehow don't believe this, FTL13 already has a DESIGNATED server.

We angered some e-celeb and now he's sending niggers our way to make us conform.
Also, intense lag, could be DoS.

I'll post more in a bit for a meme.

New round, come join.

No attention whores allowed.

but user you literally did the same thing

I think he is referencing a retard that was on the server who was spamming the ip to other groups and ick-ocking as hard as possible.

I mean that in the eceleb faggotry.

i may or may have not accidentally the server to some sjw group of some kind.
and they may or may not be responsible for making hippie what it is today.

by the way fuck your furfaggotry shit.

n-no one cares?

The worst they can do is ddos the server, but they'll never convert us. But yeah the furfaggotry shit is pure cancer that I hope is never put in.

Holy fucking shit does anyone know the lobby theme like 8 fucking people want it but no one fucking knows

Here's the whole album. Both lobby tracks are on it:

baq5.bandcamp.com/album/android52-presents-file-corrupted

If you're the kike that decided to spread word of this server to faggots, here's all I have to say to you:
Fuck you, Jordan.

Hippie's issue is that it has bottom of the barrel retards. In fact, everyone there is more wannabe Holla Forums than SJWs. Try playing on a server before shittalking it.

Source on that webm?
Saging for not contributing.

Oh that its a clip from this faggot named Demolition D, hes actually a pretty neat dude

Stob

Unperturbed by anything, the Doc gives his daily dose, even to those who magically appear in front of him.

everything about that ship is trash

TIGHTEST KEK

?????

jewpanda here
comcasts maintenance meme killed my net

night fams

Oh, so you're that faggot again that posts the IP of the server in shitty places so shitty people join in?
You know this shit only works for weak willed servers that keel over whenever anyone throws a bitchfit, right?
It's funny that merely talking about alien races triggers you so much and it's funny you think this does anything but give us cannon fodder.

Shitty players will be handled as usual, with extreme prejudice, robusting and adminfuckery. They WILL entertain us or die trying.
Non-shitty players that join up will only make the server bigger and stronger, bringing new blood to us.

Stay triggered faggot. Spamming the IP in autistic communities is the only power you have over the server, and in the end, it's still just a fart in the wind.

fuckin' normalfag

New round is up not like anyone cares

I'm getting really tired of the lack of objectives and stuff to do in ftl13 tbh

Chaos get setting up shit fast down so we can go on to objectives immediately

that's not the issue at all, there's TWO different game modes right now, shooting down X amount of ships or steal some documents, that's it

have you not fucked around on planets?

the out of date lava world or the nothing to do every other world?

I ain't arguing with you

I'm not trying to cause issue either mate but I am going to think up more shit to do

well fucking around on lava words is a start, you can get a GPS with bluespace 2 to track them down, just make sure to leave one on the ship first to find your way back

no I mean game modes, I think people agree already that ship to ship boarding needs to happen but I'd honestly like a more robust combat system on the whole where more then one person is equally as important as the gunner, like the pilot can do different maneuvers and engineer can direct the shields to intercept hostile fire and medical could scan the enemy ship for life signs and direct the gunner/boarding party to key locations, all of this in the bridge though

I wish they would stop caring, but all those delicious (you)s shitting up the thread just are too good to pass up.

Pic related, i was just pretending to be retarded and you're still fucking replying. I don't actually play on the server yet you're wasting your time replying to me.
Though that you all overreacted that there would be a second bokubonsai posting shit on reddit, really makes you think.

that's just sad, haven't seen this level of pathetic since the days of kroni

this has a long way to go

I like how you think
medical telling where to target to disable the crew would be tits

spammin famin

Clearly it doesn't make you think. :^)

only thing I can really think of which makes sense

both those posts have meaning! I'm sure

oh shit
I have some of that guys work bookmarked on youtube

baq5.bandcamp.com/track/groove-of-the-labyrinth

New round starting get on here faggots.

you are entitled to one free bump

Gonna play tonight, it better not be already dead like most things I'm late on.

How active is it usually? How many players?

fair number at the right hours

not enough pop to keep it going 24/7
just enough to have good rounds some times

name a distro that isn't arch and gentu that does not use SystemD
Devuan

also new round

Man that was boring
What if we DON'T complete objectives?

you mean like call the shuttle?

Oh, reminds me.

SystemD is good, stop taking memes seriously.

it's being co-opted by SJW staff

yeah that shit is weird
I love how the shutters in science all give access denied, I think the ones in engineering too

I'd answer you but first I'd have to answer every other post in this thread and cram them into one big honking unreadable wall of text with no paragraph breaks, and a bunch of replies to future posts I think will exist eventually maybe.

Lennart Poettering did nothing wrong and PulseAudio is great.

Your mapper screwed up. Buttons have an X and Y offset so they appear to be within a wall and actually can be clicked but they exist on a tile within an area. It's so you can't see or press them from the wrong side. They didn't put the offset in there.

it wasn't our mapper, that's still the from the base map

Is DOOM SS13 mod user still alive? Any progress on the mod he is making?

HOLY SHIT HIPPIE NERFED DARKNESS

HOLY

SHIT

DARKNESS DOESN'T HIDE SHIT ANYMORE

HOLY
SHIT

WHAT ETH FUCK

what in the world are you on about?

They fucking removed darkness hiding objects. Infuckingb4 I infect FTL13 people with the crazy and they do too. Look at this shit. You can't hide in the dark anymore.

that's trash, it would make sense if it you good adjust your eyes to the darkness if you spent awhile in it and it burnt your eyes if you enter light but not this shit

It's fucking crazy. They ate an entire fucking game mechanic that's been around since like what, '10?

This doesn't make sense.

it's fucking hippy mate

Hippie is "/tg/+goon but you can say racist swears".

This doesn't make sense even for them.

I dunno they're the casualizing type right? what with their admins being avid antag players but hate it when others are

The ling bullshit, I could understand, even though horror form is ugly, the armor looks cooler, and they've made lings into /tg/shit "slightly buff people".

This isn't even on the same fucking level as that. This isn't polyacid being nerfed. This isn't invisilube being nerfed. This is like removing air because people suffocated.

I don't understand this wild and wooly bullshit. Hippie used to be "fuck you, git gud". Not even Foos magically coming back would result in something like this. The only thing I can imagine is someone in their dev slack bet on the election and lost, and then had to do this. It's incredible.

I'm sure it could get undone if it's hated enough, still though all the more reason to get our own servers better going

I will say somebody should get traditional SS13 up and running. I don't think there's the same threat of "splitting the community" with two servers like there was before, since FTL13 is in effect a new game. We should have an option for players in these threads to play traditional SS13 and keep the FTL13 server around when players want a more cooperative experience.

you got cp code?

Europa station is ded, someone needs to take the code and throw up a serb. Its a cool station but whoever ran it was incompetent.

github.com/Yonaguni/EuropaStation

what was it like?

ss13 but underwater

with properish water?

There's always Barotrauma for those who want to play underwater semen.

I thought that game died a long time ago.

It still lives on in my heart.

NOT PLAYING UNTIL YOU RELEASE A FOSS LINUX VERSION

not installing BYDUMBB

Semi related, but why the fuck is fallout 13 so shit now? There is traps and admins respawn themselves to be traps and rape little children

I think that's standard post apocalypse erp

What's that song in the lobby screen? Fucking fantastic.

Flying to Space by Android52.

Wew lad, don't cut yourself on that freedom.

BYOND is the only way to play, and if you're so autistic that you can't install a W7 VM and play, then you can either go fuck off or port the entire codebase of /tg/station to C++.

Probably because Fallout attract normalfags and autists now. All the admins on there are powertripping fags that want power and they only made the server to have an edgy and cool game like Lifeweb (which is edgy on a whole new level), but in a setting and manner that is safespace enough for them.

Restarting the round now as it's fucked.

No one online but me, so I'll just autism in RnD and Genetics until someone comes along.

It's Christmas, mate. I don't think anyone will or even should join up.

My Christmas was spoiled due to car difficulty, so I'll have fun on my own.

This really displays a distinct lack of understanding of the concepts at play
let me show you how to fix it

The TEG intakes must always be a higher pressure than the TEG outlets by a large margine so removing pressure from the outlet immediately is incredibly important

also separating the heating and cooling mechanisms from the pipe partition going into the inlets is a huge mistake

and lastly increasing pressure is always more desirable

also you cannot tell from the pictures but the first pic was not sustained power output, it was a third of that by the time I took it apart

Why? The heat exchange loop already works better than a cooler could, and you can recycle the unused cooler to make another heater for the hot loop.

How easy is it for a new player to learn the mechanics of this game or do I need to study the wiki before hand?

So there's some harm?

Mine to Maybe in a year it will have updated enough to be worth playing more

Reading the wiki helps, but since you'll lack context, a lot of things there will not make much sense.
It's best to log in and say you're new, someone else will gladly help you get your bearings.

Just type on the bottom "OOC Hey, I'm new to the game, can someone teach me how to play?"
This will type that message in the Out Of Character channel that every player can hear, from that point onwards, someone will give you a hand.
There's always a player that doesn't mind showing the ropes to new players since it's always fun to teach the mechanics.

Also, you can pretty much learn things at your own pace and not even ever bother to learn the most advanced mechanics. The bare minimum to play is a bit large already but nothing too complicated. If you ever played a CRPG, them you'll be fine.
Once you take an interest in ATMOS or Science, you can ask a more experienced player for help there or read the wiki, or even download the code and read on it if you can understand it.

I recommend asking for help in game. If you follow the wiki to learn Genetics for instance, you'll definetely learn how to do it but very far from the best way.

you'll be utterly lost without reading the wiki and afterwards you'd be glad that you did

I once joined a server where an admin, playing as Captain, would spawn custom gear for himself. Like, spawning a combat knife that nobody else could get and even rename it with his initials.
During that round, when I wasn't robust yet, I was a traitor scientist that had to kill said Captain.
The best I could come up with was a bomb that turned out to be a dud I couldn't even arm properly (since there either wasn't R&D or I didn't knew how it worked yet)

Now, I'd chalk it up to my incompetence and unrobustness not being able to kill said Captain with that bomb or coming up with a better plan. But when I saw his custom gear and noticed I was against that kind of player, I kinda gave up and just went for some guns and shoot him. Which didn't worked, obviously, considering the stuff he kept spawning for himself.

The funny thing is, I complained in OOC that this was boring and didn't made the game interesting and why would I even bother to play when he ain't following the same rules I am? For all I knew, he could have turned God Mode on.
He mocked me a bit, tried to brag about his kill but when I mentioned leaving the server (which had 5-8 players or so), he started promising that next round he wouldn't do it. I think there were other players leaving at the same time for the same reason.

Point is, if you're playing on a server with shitty admins\players, best you can do is leave. Force them to choose between being shit or having players and let those servers die when they can't retain players at all. Even raiding them just increases their population and helps retain players.

do you like losing power over time and having to attend to the engine constantly?

it's better to have another player walk you through the basics of engineering and atmos since they are the core of the game, usually the safest jobs on the ship if you only stay in those areas
This server happens to be the safest for that too and I would be happy to teach you when I'm on like I do others if you only ask
t. jewpanda

That was my shitty attempt at the TEG.
A similar loop was working the few rounds before, but on that round, I set it up the same and it stopped working after 30 seconds.
The meters everywhere were just me getting salty it wouldn't work, spamming them then quitting.

:^)

I liked the lack of any meters on the cold loop

next time I hope it works better for you

The cold loop was working perfectly. Difference of 400kPa on in/out

**reminder that this is how I make mine

I have that saved, but I'm a lazy cunt and just want it finished in a few seconds, so I just make a simple circular loop and chuck a heat/freezer and a tank of gas on it.

Usually gets around 60kW with 1 tank of N2 and 1 of Oxy, before upgrading.

well I wan't to point out the key parts that the 3 volume pumps are quickly pulling from the outlet partition to hyper pressurize the inlet partition and that even though it is designed to accommodate 2 heaters and 2 freezers I make sure that when there is only 1 heater and freezer that it is on the inlet partition in order to maximize the effect

I'm not sure if movign the freezer to the outlet partition would be better tho

with said, your design probably would have worked better with only a single pump on each line pulling air from outlet

wew

What about this?
a series of "wew"'s echo out
I laughed for maybe 5 minutes. It wasn't terribly funny, but I just found the way he delivered the news so great.

gave me a good laugh

I love playing with anons

I'm having trouble connecting.

Seems to affect regular SS13 servers as well, I might have a problem with my installation.

byond://jinteki.industries:5513

BOOOOO

Only way I can boot it on my laptop (desktop works fine) is to open BYOND, log in, click on any server to join, ignore an error about the dreamseeker.exe not being there, then open up dreamseeker.exe manually and type in the address there, with a 50/50 chance to work.

It's annoying as heck.

This is it running for an hour unattended, without upgrades. I would have ran it longer, but the server is being updated.

the sweet spot has almost 0 pressure on the outlets, the hard part is getting that

WEW

also server is nuked to hell, no tiles for some reason

that's funny as fuck

So, does the SMES now having more starting charge, or does the station start in fucking darkness?

Jesus Christ, I know Monster860 is an autistic, underage faggot, but this is a new level or autism, even for him.
And I'd know, I've seen every single PR he's ever made for /vg/, /tg/ and Paradise. This is just new levels or autism.

Jesus Christ, why?

I haven't played in over a year so my opinion may hold less relevance due to other changes but I was looking through the catalog & saw that APC power cell change & it sounds like a terrible idea.
Is he mad that someone took out the battery from an APC one time and was too much of a shitter to find a battery?

Oh, hey what's this FTL13 shit? I see the OP but is it good?

Personally I would think it was to enforce competence. Basically, it gives the staff a valid excuse to swiftly job-ban some asshole who jumps the ship before engineering gives the all-clear, since otherwise, you had quite a lot of power in the station at roundstart. This, from what I can tell, might be some bullshit way to force the engineer to work with the crystal rather than spacing it in favor of better, more permanent alternatives that take longer to set up.

it's got the potential to be amazing, saddly up stream is fucking up hard and we're not doing much better

I'm scanning through the wiki now, it looks pretty good. If it is what I'm thinking it is I could imagine jumping into a cult that's more or less fully kitted out and having to deal with them attempting to board.

It has a lot of promise, but we really need to have more development of missions and what-not. As it stands, custom missions to make things interesting are an admin thing and I can't always be on to make them happen.

there's no ship to ship boarding and ship combat is RNG simulation.

there's no real point to alots of jobs since shit's more geared towards small vessels, wanna have fun as a clown? nope it's all super serious time all time and the clowns better half is removed out right.

although there's alot of worlds to explore, they're all samey and bland as hell lava planets are also the much older wip version of lava land oh but every place unloads if the ship jumps out so you can't set up someplace and stay there

the only objectives are kill X amount of X ships or steal some documents and that's it, there's no cults no blobs no traitors it's basically pve content so far

This is incorrect. You can set up the portable reley and should be able to return later.

it takes me like 10 minutes to set up the tripple volume pump and heater/freezer loops
and as autistic as I am, see all that autistic atmos autism I did before, it takes way too long to set that shit up and requires too much atmos competence
tl;dr fuck the crystal do this

spider blease

Ahh, that's unfortunate, seems like it does have potential though. Perhaps once it has antags and proper ship combat/ship to ship boarding.
Still, I guess pve only content is pretty good for new-ish players to acclimatise to SS13 so they don't end up as tator without knowing anything about the game.

it'd kill anyone on it though?

bby

well don't get me wrong, it's fun how it is, just lacking in lot other areas

The upstream server, which is only open on weekends and run by autistic children who need control and order, does have antags I believe.

We had one of their admins come online to talk shit about us, he cried about us saying naughty words, bitched we used "his" code on our server when it's under GPL and he didn't code any of it, then joined as Sec and started trying to lynch someone saying they were a traitor.

He got stripped and thrown in maint, then bullied in OOC until he left.

What we need is me to learn to code BYOND properly so I can set up some things I've got in mind.

From my understanding, though I've never used it, the relay, when placed on a planet, moves it all to another z-level (because remember, planets are just spawned around the ship's z-level), and when you come back to that planet, everything is reloaded into the ship's z-level.

Not much point to it, aside from leaving crew to mine on a planet while you go out to kill a few ships, then come back and collect them and ores.

I also think that planets are kept alive so long as you are in the planet EG in orbit or at a station. I've been stranded on a planet while the Craptain left to the orbital station, and I lived until he came back.

my mistake on that part then

I also need to stop being lazy and sprite shit like that cyber deamon

Well, i'll update byond and come on in a few hours once amerifats start to wake up, usually dead hours around now unless more europoors and britbongs have begun to play?

think I'm the only bong who does

I'm from Down Under, but my sleep schedule is all over the place, so I usually just come on when there's activity in this thread.

I guess I'll come on now, then.

Ara ara demon woo

I'll post a couple of ideas I have to see if anyone wants to help me out with them in the next thread. No point here, as we're close to bump limit.

suppose I will too

I've managed to finish a round with green text. It took a lot of time. I found out how to sell things in cargo and managed to rebuild teg setup after supermatter shard blew up for no reason. I also maxed RnD through mutating botany plants.

oh you came back, it was just you and me at the point where you left so I went off to spritings

This makes sense for a spaceship.
Initially I thought that was a contribution to /tg/ mains and I was going to post about how fucking dumb that'd be, but thankfully it doesn't seem to be so.
APCs on a station would act as a failsafe, while a ship is not designed around modular functionality.

Ion storm is currently too common because of the length of the round, but those are some nice rolls

no ships are highly modular, otherwise if they get hit and don't blow up utterly they'd just sink outright as there'd be no means of locking off the water or even your engines are hit and you loose power but all you need to get your engines back up and running is a jump start but oh you can't do that because no other back up power supply, think reasonably mate

those weren't from ion storms but they are ion storms laws which is kinda stupid really to just get random laws like that from no reason

If the engines are hit and the SMES is charged, you have time to set up an alternate source of power.

you can't rebuild TEG and you have to jump around stations to find other engines, so other then slimes and botany. there's no real way of making new power easily

Perhaps it would be prudent to make rebuilding a TEG a possibility.

If you do RnD, you can make better portable generators, like the SuperPacman

yeah or have the up stream stop doing stupid "fixes" to problems

Come online fags. Playing alone ain't no fun.

I asked for this 2 weeks ago when the TEG shit itself from my ultra autistic TEG design that ties it, the FTL drive and the Shields into the Atmos mix line
The admin had to delete and replace the TEG due to the extreme shenanigans that took place
I asked then if we could just have the option to wrench and unwrench it and nothing came of it

buddy please
the floors and walls and shit in American carries come up so they can shift shit around
only the bulkheads and structure are permanent fixtures

I suppose I should have submarines then

WITNESS THE GAPING EYE OF CRIBRA FOR MADNESS CONSUMES YOU

it's a wip btw pls feed backs

Protip: If CentComm sends you a message saying that a Syndicate Fleet is moving towards you and to GTFO, you should listen.

que?

looks like a kaleidescope fam

since that's what space combat is

that's kinda the point, I'm going to have it all pulse and shit, it'll be cool trust me

subs have bulkheads too fam

post a gif next time dummy

you're a bulkhead

once I actually get one frame of it finished and alot of the other cult stuff for it

kek

don't worry I'm sure all my work will just go to waste anyways

possibly
but shit' you're trying

I pretty much gave up trying to get them to change shit after they ignored me asking for wrench able TEG the first time
they said
nah

there's only so much which can be done without a proper dedicated coder

There a difference between asking for an addition to the server and making it yourself.

Are we still running that shitty nu/tg/ code?

yes

true

I don't know how tho

i like to save pics like this just to have in the off chance I end up playing engineering and I'm the only one who can get shit running, but I'm retarded and don't understand any of this shit and I feel bad just mindlessly parroting other people's setups without understanding the "why" behind it

(Checked)
Read the posts that have been made by the guy who posted the pics. It should give you a general idea of why it works.

yes and no? we're running ftl13 with has alot of outdated nu/tg/ code

for

o.k so what I've got so far for my cult idea is this

this is more how CriBra is going to look

I really want to code a zoltan-esque race into ss13.
They can sap energy from electronics for food, and as a waste product they emit emps if they're not wearing radiation-protected suits. (this could be semi-voluntary)

Actually, this would be a really good antag.
Kind of like shadowlings, but better: