Do you take actual pride in being good at videogames?

Do you take actual pride in being good at videogames?

Pride no, pure satisfaction, Yes.

No.
What i take pride in is being knowledgeable about video games, wich most of the time requires you to be good at video games.

Because that allows me to discuss video games in depth, one of my favorite things to do on the internet.
Thus why Holla Forums is a complete shithole to me.

Unfortunately I'm so good at video games that I almost never meet anyone who can relate to me. Pride is kind of pointless.

old Holla Forums is actually good at games, all the nufags that play VN weebshit, crapcunts, and assfaggots are the ones who shit up this fucking board.

KID

This.

Only a little bit. When I have an audience. Which isn't very often.

Been wasting my time on image boards for over a decade now. It really wasn't. I had just as much difficulty having deep conversations on game mechanics back then as today.

The results of Retro Game Gauntlet Plus a while back on here only further cemented the depressing reality.

No.
Old Holla Forums was good at DISCUSSING games.
We've always had people that played weebshit and VNs, from day one, and they weren't the ones shitting up the board.
People that don't want to discuss video games shit up the board.
New Holla Forums is shit because they don't play, nor want to discuss, video games.

But muh 4am and \v\ kultureā€¦

Unfortunately that's what happens when a newfag Moot ripoff by chance manages to lay claim to your 4chan legacy board before anyone else.

By the way, you can totally fit Holla Forums culture alongside normal video game discussion.
It was alright back in the day because it was a limited amount of threads, and the rest was vidya discussion.

If i open up Holla Forums NOW, and i see that fucking 4am thread get 42347897 posts in the first 3 seconds after it's made and every other thread that isn't controversy or circlejerk shitting on something gets 2 posts per day, then yes, that becomes a big problem.

I really want to ask these people fucking why.
Why do they come to Holla Forums if they don't play video games?
Why do they come to Holla Forums if they don't like to discuss video games?
Why the fuck don't they use any other board that would suit their needs better?

I wish i was worse. My gf gets mad at me cause i do most of the work.

B-but we have to show our support for Holla Forums! The war between them and Holla Forums is much more important than discussing videogames on the videogame board!

You don't have to be good at video games to enjoy them.

What a fag

No.

AYYYYYYYY

Careful there, user. You're this close to getting called a leftycuck and having the thread drowned with infographics.

Games are not sports, competitive multiplayer games are closer to sports than games, but they're still not sports.

>>>/metav/

Taking pride in playing video games is like taking pride in taking off your clothes, crawling all the way to your neighbour's yard and pissing/shitting yourself as you scream from the top of your lungs.

mainly because in 2006 we had good games to discuss about, but now not only are games shit reddit is also the majority

1/10 for making me respond

What is "good at bideogaems"? Are you talking about being competent or excelling at them over your peers?

i take pride (not pride on the same level of doing anything even slightly important) in not being a casual. Because I don't play the same crap, I play lots of crap to expand my taste and therfore my dong

4AM threads are merely a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. The problem is that most anons will browse the catalog, see no threads in the top ~30 that they're interested in, and either go to a board culture thread (4am, LOL, webm, etc) or just pick a thread at random and play the shitposting contrarian.

Instead of impotently complaining about it, why don't you fix the problem yourself? If there's not any active threads you find interesting, go ahead and create one and post well-written, articulate content in it instead of being a subhuman (1) OP.

Holla Forums shit on a topical board is most definitely the problem. Why would anyone waste their time starting up topical discussions when the board administration seems to favor Holla Forums shit?

Sure I feel some pride when ever I beat games that are known for being hard like Contra or Ninja Gaiden. But whatever satisfaction I get doesn't compare to the absolute bafflement I feel whenever I see just how bad at games the average casual is.

Like I came across one guy on the Steam forums who refunded DMC4 SE because he couldn't beat Berial, or this kid (i assume) who's been stuck on security hall for 2 fucking months. I beat Sonic adventure 2 when I was 7 it's so hard for me to imagine being that bad.

this post reeks of newfaggotry

Nah. I'm pretty good but the internet's such a small world nowadays that it's impossible to pretend you're something special unless you're in the top 100 or so of a game. I'm nowhere close to that good at anything so I gave up and just fuck around with single player these days.
It only bothers me when I see someone that is better than me AND has their life together. When some guy has a decent job, is fit, has a gf, and is one of the higher ranked players in his game, it kinda pisses me off.

Is this a serious question? Are you really sitting here complaining about the lack of topical discussions while also arguing that starting topical discussions is a "waste of time"? Plebbit/Neofag might be more your speed.

No, I'm complaining about the administrative approval of off-topic bullshit. Not quite the same thing, next time try reading.

No, you're specifically complaining about "Holla Forums shit on a topical board" and then crying about the lack of topical content while refusing to create any yourself. You are the problem here.

More like TROPICAL CONTENT