Crytek is burning to the ground

gematsu.com/2016/12/crytek-shuts-five-studios

5 studios are shut down, all that remains are the Frankfurt and Kiev studios. This comes after reports that employees have been unpaid for months, and recent reports that the October wages finally were paid and november wages were on the way. Its a shitty christmas gift to the people laid off but why they decided to stick around is another question, unless its like the sunk cost/time shit.

frankfurt studio is still up because of all those smart engineers and doctors germany is bringing into europe. crytek had to lay off every other studio to be able to pay such skilled and wonderful people

kiev studio only exists as a projection of power from the EU against russian game developers

There isn't enough anger in my folders to show how furious I am.

GOODBYE TURKS.

Who?

I doubt they could make a competent Timesplitters game after all this time. Experience has shown time and time again that reboots of popular games long after the last installment tend to be meh at best.

So they bought Free Radical just to kill them?

There wasn't ever gonna be user, better crytek die and someone less shit grabs the IP.

I don't understand, why is this happening? It feels as if they hired more people than they could afford to develop projects. How could their financial manager ever let such a thing happen? Someone needs to be fired.

Feels like an early Christmas present.
I hope Timesplitters 4 is happening.

Great engine choice, Star Citizen.

Wait, what does this mean for Timesplitters: Rewind?

I had no idea they'd been a shambling corpse for this long.

It means DEATH.

Germany isn't burning fast enough.

In a way it was, it meant they could basically steal a lot of the people who made the engine in the first place.

5 studios' worth of people, perhaps?

They're technically alive still as Dambusters Studios. Shame that Homefront 2 was meh with a terrible launch, after Future Perfect and Haze the studio could never catch a break

FUCK YOU CRYTEK

BURN TO THE FUCKING GROUND

No it exists for tax reasons and EU subsidies.

if only user
if only

I want to believe.

so where will the licenses end up going if they fail?
I want to make sure EA/Bethesda won't be getting their hands on the licenses.

Dambusters is owned by Deep Silver and DS only bought the Homefront IP. They had to sub-licence Timesplitters after Crytek dropped the game and sold the studio.

As much as Nordic taking their IP's would be awesome. Microsoft's probably going to take them because they really want the Ryse IP and will likely take whatever else Crytek is offering just to make sure they get Ryse.

EA and Beth would have no interest in them.

Ah, of course. That's what happens when you release Crysis 3, Ryse, and Homefront back to back.

Why? It's literally fucking nothing.

but i like crysis

the only good thing they ever made was the original crysis

Supposedly MS liked the idea of doing different time periods in each game like Assassin's Creed and Crytek had a sequel pitch ready (Based on Medieval Britain, possibly the Crusades) but MS wanted the IP in exchange for funding it. Crytek backed out because they didn't want to sell the IP and that was that.

The concept has merit for a big AAA IP that could be improved in a sequel (AKA what companies used to do back in 5th and 6th gen) and you nig nogs have been begging for a Crusades game for a while so there is obviously an audience. Makes sense why they want it.

Unfortunately I can see Crytek trying to bilk as much out of MS as possible and likely bundling in Timesplitters and Crysis with that too to pump up the price. And MS will pay it.

At least Crysis 1 is good.

People need to realize this. Great games are rarely replicated. They are often the result of luck and timing.

see
Far Cry 1 is also pretty awesome

Ryse was such wasted potential. If they focused heavily on the collesium and fleshing out the gladiator combat, adding more traps, weapons, fighting styles and trick kills etc it could have been epic. Instead they fucking wasted every bit of potential the game had on the godawful campaign. Really sad when you think about it, there is a really good game hidden in Ryse begging to come out.

Ryse was fucking godawful though. It was QTE: The Game. Now, if someone were to make a decent single player game ripping off For Honor that would be pretty cool.

user, I…

And Far Cry, the original.

Much like Crysis it's only half of a good game. When the mutants are introduced it goes to shit.

Its an early christmas present. Now if only another shitty company like ubisoft or valve could be next.

Open your eyes.

What documentation?

I'm sure Bethesda would manage to make it look worse than Gamebryo.

I could see Microsoft purchasing Crytek's Cryengine assets to gain extra footing in the game development world, and as another vector to spy on users. This would make sense if they're already in the game console industry, and game industry. They only need an excuse to enter the game ending market, and make it inclusive for developers to utilize the engine.

And funny ho Is Defense managed o extract salt, despite being a a rather mediocre game.

Wait, Crytek still owns Timesplitters? That sucks, I was hoping it'd be free from a dead company.

You know what would be good? Nordic grabbing the rights. They've been releasing HD versions of old games from IP they've acquired, and they might just re-release HD versions the old Timesplitter games to gauge market interest for a fully funded sequel.
But it won't ever happen because this is the darkest timeline

I sent that shit idea on twitter, let's see what happen?