Whats your favorite metal gear game

what is your favorite metal gear game and why? mine is peace walker because of the r&d. does anyone here still play co-op on peace walker still?

I like MGS V too be entirely honest. Peace Walker is also pretty good.
MGSV >PW > MGS > MGS3 > MGS VR > MGII > MG > MGS II > MGS4
story in video games was a mistake tbh.

This is something I've never been able to decide. I was most impressed by all the extra dumb stuff you can do and see in MGS2, so I'm gonna have to go with MGS2.

Mgs 2>1>3>4

Ground Zeroes because it's the one whose gameplay I've liked the most, although I've yet to play PP yet because I don't think my toaster can handle it or if denuvo has been fully cracked for it.

there was barley any game play it was basically a demo

We had this exact thread with the same exact image and OP post a week ago. Fuck off.

MG2 is still the best

TPP has a crack, and it seems most computers can handle it

MGS3 > MGS > MGS2 > MGS 4 > MGS PW > MGS V > MG II> MG

you're taste a shit

I think the gameplay on MGS:V is fantastic, despite being unfinished I sunk around three hundred hours into it just running through missions with different load outs and gear, fucking with shit in new and interesting ways and perfecting techniques. Disappointed there wasn't an ending, but damn if it didn't do something right to keep me invested for that long.

My personal favorite will probably always be MGS:1, just for the nostalgia, MGS:3 comes in at a close second but I'll always prefer the tone and characters of 1 over 3. Sans The Boss.

lmao you got me

no my taste is objectivity better then yours.

My favorite is Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake because it's heavily under appreciated for forming the whole formula to the series as well as the tone, both things which many people wrongly attribute to MGS. If you haven't played Metal Gear 2 Solid Snake than shame on you.

MGS pretty much took everything Solid Snake did and improved on it, even going so far as to lift whole sequences, so you can understand why people hold it up as the golden boy where things got their proper start.

More like because that was most western fags first exposure to it and most people haven't played it. Regardless Solid Snake is where things got their proper start, as is evidenced by the plot and things to this day hinging on the events of Solid Snake. Only really Metal Gear Solid 2 hung on the events of Solid.

MGS2 > MGS1 => MG3
Never played any of the others.

Also I've seen vids of MGS3, yes I admit it's better than MGS2 on a lot of levels.
However the only reason it ranks that low for me is because for some fucking reason I just can't git gud at it.
My situational awareness becomes non-existent when I play that game.

what do you base of to rate them like that anyway, i know it's not graphics or you wouldn't have PW up there and MGS 2 down bellow.

gameplay. MGS2 is not that fun and MGS4 is trying too hard to be a movie. MGSV is basically on the same tier a s PW but has better controls. MGS3 gets bumped down the list because it has 20 minutes of cutscenes and codex before you even get to play the game. It would be closer to the top if it wasn't bogged down by it's shitty cutesense. If there was an option to replay individual levels/missions in MGS3 it would be also much higher on the list.

With that? Cinematic experience?

maybe you should replay MGS then, it's about the same level to MGS 3 if not quite a bit more when it comes to the cutscenes over gameplay imbalance.