Which one?

I fail to see why anyone would want Yennefer over Triss. Sure, Yen is genuine in her motives and feelings, but she's so exhausting to put up with in between all that, whereas Triss is always understanding, calm, and is more upbeat.

And yes, it's a fucking shame you can't romance Cerys.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balladyna_(drama)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigoi
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Twardowski#Legend
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Álfheimr
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshy
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kikimora
witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Cockatrice
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shen_(clam-monster)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapeshifting
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/820/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/390/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/143/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1006/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/662/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/38/?
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They are all shit. this is A series of games by and for cucks.

Yennefer is the kind of girl you can poke and prod, the one who's fun to fight with. You have to be a specific sort of person to appreciate the classy lady with a catty attitude who can dish it out as good as she can take it.

If you like generic waifu who luvs and supports you no matter what, like she can't get enough of your dick because she's just so madly in love with you, then Triss is your girl I guess.

Personally, I prefer the former, but it's more apples and oranges, your personal preferences come into play here and unlike a Bioshit game it's more personal preference over finding a romance that's the least shit.

Redheads > Blondes => Brunettes >>>>>> Dyed

because Triss is a fucking libshit.

Anything is better than the Church of the Eternal Fire though.

Does fucking everything have to be libs and rights and cucks and buzzwords? For fuck's sake.

Given the existence of the Lodge, which is basically a bunch of whores playing Illuminati, the Church is fully in the right

Triss all day. Yen is a cunt. Triss may have done some questionable shit in the past but she's grown as a person and has a fucking character arc. Yen's character arc is a flat line on the bitch axis. And redheads with freckles are better than purple eyed hunchbacks.

What's the point of romancing a girl when there's always gonna be an old white-haired fuck in the scene?

Why not both lads

why the fuck would anyone want vile hags that magicked themselves into looking attractive?

Bookfags screech about yen superiority but seems like devs decided that everyone knows her from books so we dont need to spend time writing her character well and in tw3 she ends up being just a bitch.

While triss is better going lone wolf is best possible choice anyway

MAKE HAREM FAGET
DO IT

Yennefer is a cunt

Except the Lodge is basically disbanded anyway and all the witches have fucked off to do their own stuff.

The church is burning dwarves now, the biggest bros besides Hjalmar, extort money from everyone, and generally fuck with regular people's lives.

Yen is pretty genuine in 3. You can tell she cares/is more than just a bitch, it's just that her personality requires more social energy than I would want to expend. Triss has more going for her and is not as high maintenance.

That's the crones, not the regular sorceresses.

Geralt's hair was always white though, and he doesn't even look that old.

they're both terrible, but Geralt's VA really sells the "Jenn will make me miserable, but I hate myself enough to want that" so I picked her. Vermillisitude!

Triss

Yennefer

The obvious answer is Yennefer.

The sex scene with Shani was like American beer.

Since fucking when?

Square up, faggot.

Found out who has mommy issues

Haven't played in a while, but I just remember her nagging constantly, just in general bringing up the past and being an annoying succubus of a whore.

Subjective, but when I hear it, it feels like I'm masturbating with a cheese grater.

Refer to the first point.

What does having the hots for a goddess of a woman make us have mommy issues

Men with mother issues date bitches

In what way is Yennefer a bitch (unless of course you trying sexing her and Triss)?

I'll never forgive them for this.

Absolutely.

Still own 3 and still never played 3.
Read most of the books and they paint Yen as this mind-controlling and power hungry massive fucking cunt who one time was trying to enslave a genie.
In another story with her she is written as the biggest twatberger to every be imagined and really wants a completely sapient dragon on the verge of extinction to be killed just because she thinks it's tissue might be able to fix her vagina.

Triss is basically written as a substantially less cunty Yen.

It is the no romance Ciri thing that keeps me from playing 3.
Andrzej Sapkowski made some books I saw going in a particular direction and I think the writers of the games didn't like that direction very much.
It's not censorship.
Can't really call it an unfaithful adaptation.
But if you're basing a thing off some books and the writer isn't touching it, it is straight up fan fiction as far as I'm concerned.
The Lord of the Rings: War in the North

Surprise, a bunch of whores couldn't work together.

W1 was good because it didn't try to suck up to this snowflake.

I mean, Ciri is like a daughter to Geralt, since Witchers are sterile. He can't have children, so he sees her as his. He's not gonna fuck his own daughter. You can mod Ciri's model in as a prostitute though if you want to sex her.

You can completely blow Yennefer off, and even undo the genie's spell binding the two of you together if you want.

Is that Shadman?

Artist's name is written right there on the pic, come on man. Also looks nothing like Shad's works

at least there is bad SFM out there for the ciri lust.

It doesn't look like shit, so no.

Triss.

Yen is for cucks. She treats you like a dog and expects to be treated like royalty in return

Ciri => Yen > Triss

Yennefer is not fun to fight with. She's an abusive bitch with BPD.

doesn't she cuck geralt allot in the books?

Since the word "cuck" means jack shit now, I wouldn't know.

as in she fucks dudes on the side while shes with him.

I haven't played the witcher games yet, but I saw a video and was extremely disappointed they gave Yennefer a generic British accent, I was expecting something original or anything other than a British accent.

Everyone in medieval fantasy spoke britbong accent.

Yes she is. She even flat out says that to him for fucks sake.

Waste of dubs.

It isn't. The most retarded and baseless nonarguments used to compare people to numales and pretentious feminazi faggots is the reason "cucktard" is a counter buzzword.

witcher 3 is an artistic masterpiece and a game to define this era in vidya for the rest of history.

Except Dwarves, they're Scottish. And Elves have Welsh accents. And the Imperials have German or Russian accents. And the "sea people" have Scandinavian accents. Thanks fantasy tropes.

So who was unlucky enough to get Irish?

Drunkards?

I was so happy when I found the sidequest to romance yen, because I got to tell her to fuck off. She's a smarmy cunt for basically the entire game

Nope

That wasn't a shitpost. In 2026 Holla Forums will look back

How fucking dense you have to be to deny that? The whole "A Shard of Ice" chapter from "Sword of Destiny"was dedicated to show how much of a cuck Geralt is. Which is why first Witcher is the best game, because Geralt is uncucked thanks to "amnesia" and it had best girls to romance like Shani also best alchemy, best quests, gameplay that makes you feel like a witcher

What said, or the oppressed peasantry often get the Irish accent too.

I felt bad for a split second when I saw her sad face when Geralt said he didn't love her anymore, but then I remembered that after Geralt literally sold his soul to an otherworldly immortal demon king to free her she went around and fucked a bunch of other dudes just because. So fuck her.

Yennefer was great in W3. I don't get why people hate her so much. She endured a lot to protect Ciri and is loyal to Geralt. Triss was the outsider looking in and should have stayed that way.

you can romance shani in w3

lmoa

You are a confirmed cuck.

The point is that both Triss and Yennefer are shit for you and you should abandon both. They are both manipulative liars.

Don't talk out of your ass. The Irish accents are kept for snowflake mystical characters and or elves, and rare even at that. Think Dalish.

That's a man.

Only Zoltan and a couple others.
You forget dwarves are the Jewry in Witcher and they quite literally control all the banks in human cities. They are the richest yet complain about oppression.

I was talking about how retardedly cuck is spewed as a buzzword in general.

I would cuck yennifer back

But Dwarves in The Witcher also work hard and get their hands dirty doing manual labour and crafting things, stuff that real world Jews wouldn't do.

You clearly know nothing about Witcher lore. Almost every single sorceress in Witcher is in reality an old hideous hag that is using magic to make themselves look like beautiful young girls. Yennefer for example… she is almost 100 years old and an ugly hunchback old hag in reality. She does not in reality look the way she does to our eyes.

Triss is best no competition

Yen threads Geralt like he was her personal toy
Geralt deserve much better

Yeah, they're like a weird mix of Jews and Scottsmen.

I don't actually remember her sleeping around. Geralt does the same as well, so they're both at fault.

Yes she does, Yen uses her magic to physically alter her body. It's mentioned in the novels that the magic used to change her bone structure and remove her hump was agonising and she thought she was going to die. They are beautiful, it's not an illusion, it just requires magical surgery to keep it up. The crones themselves are also young and beautiful, as seen in their cauldron scene, it's their monstrous appearances that are the illusion in order to scare the peasants (I'm 90% sure that's mentioned somewhere in-game).

Are you saying in the books Geralt and Ciri are romantically involved? Explain

Keira a besto

And why are you people complaining about this? You are being ridiculous, it's a game about a world where European mythology comes to life, what the fuck kind of accents do you want the characters to have? Fake accents and fake languages like in GoT (cringeworthy as fuck)? Non European accents?
It makes most sense to use different European accents for the different groups in Witcher. Don't know why you would complain about that.

Not central/eastern European?

Witcher 3 is undoubtedly the best Witcher game. There is no question of this. You are delusional if you claim that Witcher 1 had better gameplay, it was fucking terrible… The only thing that saved that game was its great quests.

This is the answer.

Are you claiming all of the kingdoms in it are modeled after Slavs? It should be obvious to anyone that Skelligers are Nordics for example, or that Nilfgaardians are a weird mix of Russians and Germans.

You can play the game in Polish you know, then you will have Slavic Redanians and Temerians.

Nah.
Nah.

Nothing wrong with it, it's just generic as fuck is all. Because Tolkien based one version of Elvish on Welsh and his Dwarven language on Scottish Gaelic with Nordic runes, every other fantasy author followed suit and now it's the default setting for fantasy. It would be nice to see non-elvish magical creatures speaking with different accents, but since The Witcher started out as a dark twist on fairy tales starring a rip-off of another fantasy character whose name escapes me but was also known as White Wolf.

I don't know about TW3 but 1 had much better slavic mythos and folk feel than 2.
Also music

I was sure they were a mix of British and French

What do you mean nah? It's your choice.
But there is no point in complaining about the accents since different language versions of the game have different cultures for the nations in it.

Read the short story collections, nigger. He asked a genie once to make Yen fall in love with him, so it's his responsibility since then. No matter how dumb was that decision in retrospect.

Well I remember letting at least one of them die, which certainly didn't help their little group

Well, they seem to be a mix of every European superpower ever to be honest. Then again there is an influence from the Roman empire in their design, in the sense that they have actually annexed dozens of different kingdoms under one emperor. Which explains why some Nilfgaardians say "scheisse", some speak in a French accent, some like Russians, and so on.

I don't see it. They both have the same mythos and both have really good music.

Sapkowski is an alcoholic who doesn't give a shit about the universe and the books.
He was against the making of Witcher 1 but when he has seen how much profit it has made he jumped the train and "supported" witcher 2

He wasn't born with it. It's the result of Trial of the Grasses.

I hate that bitch, if only Radovid wasnt such a maniac he could have had turn final solution on a magic question into reality

How come Lambert doesn't have white hair?

I say no. It has better shading and better anatomy than Shadman. The face and man shoulders aren't that great though.

Well, that trial was very difficult for Geralt. He almost died there. People can get prematurely gray if put under great strain, so that's not that strange.

Different people different mutations.

The mutations affect everyone differently, especially Geralt, who was resistant to their effects and got a much higher dose than normal. Probably because his mother was a magic user.

Polish dubbing is objectively better and more climatic
Deal with it

TW1- en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koschei
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balladyna_(drama)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strigoi

It fucking hurts to watch.

Its because lack of pigment not because of stress
The trail of grass just striped him of pigment, thats why canonically he is pale

He isn't an albino. That would make his eyes red and skin so easily sunburned he would have to wear a hat every single sunny day.

Skelige - Nordic countries
Free city Novigrad - Free city danzing
Nilfgard - Germany mixed with Russians
But what is Temeria and Redania based of?

The term was used correctly, cuck. Deal with it.

Poland

Looks aren't everything. I wouldn't want to get involved romantically with either one of them. Occasional fuckbuddies is the limit. Shani from W1 was the best, even if I felt sorry for her to be saddled with a sterile guy and being denied motherhood in the result.

Your point being? Have you even played Witcher 3? Because it has a fuckton of European folklore in it

There's no backtracking at all about what I said, you idiotic obnoxious faggot. Are you going to just double down and go full retard next?

Shani is in Witcher 3 as an option too you know

Are you some retarded moralfag?

Magic doesnt belong to the witcher world and it should be eradicated
The whole point of witchers is to get rid of magic creatures that endanger humanity as a whole.
So logically Gerald should side with Radovid and help him hunt the anti human witches scum and their little nonhuman helpers

Sure thing, cuck.

And still no links from you.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pan_Twardowski#Legend
Have one.

Yeah right. Including his own mother Visenna?

Yes, witchers should put his profession over his personal sympathies.

Don't oust yourself as underage so easily.

i wish i was an underage again

Geralt met Visenna once in his almost a hundred years of life, and when he met her she didn't even have the nerve to look him in the eye. Visenna is a bitch and a slag, and her short story is the biggest example of it.

Literally kill yourself, you fucking retard.

On topic: Geralt was OK with exterminating only non-sentient magic species. Even killing a single dragon would be too much for him, let alone all magic users in the world.

He didn't mind killing the deagon by the end of the story. In fact, he didn't mind killing the dragon from the very beginning of the story, mostly for Yennefer. The only reason he didn't is because Ville is a bro.

A wild edgetard appears. You don't kill your mother regardless of how much of a bitch she is.

Which short story? "Droga z której się nie wraca"? She was rather loose there, but remember she was supposed to be sterile like other magic users.

What happens to Aeka?

He tried to go against his professional codex for personal reasons there. In direct opposition to your opinion from:

Yen best girl, she is pretty much the female version of Geralt. They'd do everything for each other.
Triss uses Geralt for two games, is aware of the kingslayer plans and does nothing. In the books the only reason she fucks Geralt is because he is with Yen, and cheating makes him feel guilty. By the time she is introduced in the book Geralt refuses to fuck her even though she is throwing herself at him at every occasion.
Shani is also a best, but she is a human and in every game you can romance her it's explicitly told to you that it's a one off thing and you can't have a happy life with a regular human.

They have a bakery and accompanying family shop. And a shitton of kids, I guess.

He doesn't HAVE a professional codex. It doesn't exist. It's pretty explicitly stated in the books that he made the whole thing up to refuse the jobs he doesn't want, and Dandelion often jokes about it.

In two routes where you go after other girls she jumps off the roof and kills herself. However, if yo help her choke another student it's all peachy

I'm pretty certain the storry happens before Tissaia de Vries' decision to sterilise all students.

What makes it fake? He was consistent about it and that's enough.

What about her fucking other men behind his back in the books apparently?

The lore was that using magic alone usually interfered with reproductive functions to the degree of infertility or siring/bearing mutated abominations in remaining small percent.

No other witcher follows the codex. Not Lambert, not Eskel, not Vesemir and especially not cats. It is Geralt's codex, and he doesn't follow it that well. He kills sentient creatures pretty often, and sometimes they may not have meant harm.

Self defense is exempt. Give me an example where he killed someone just for money.

He slaughtered lots of elves in Witcher 2 Roach route and and in witcher 3 side quests
and their desreved it

Was he paid for killing them?

Every single bithc around Geralt tries to use him, no exceptions. Triss is one of the worse of that group. Yennefer is the only one that cared about him while using him which is a hige deal in this context
No, she helps Ciri because a few months forced to live toghether and teach a brat cunt forms an unbreakable sister bond, apparently

Tbh it's a complex story. There was a mage named Ystredd who she was fucking even before Geralt, and when they actually meet they want to fucking kill each other. Geralt contemplates for a while, leaves his sword in a tavern and shows gold, but when robbers get him in a dark alley they see the wolf sign, are scared to touch him and tell him to not involve other people in his suicide. When he reaches Ystredd the guy wants to fight with a sword. Upon the realisation that Ystredd wants to kill himself that way he tells him to hang himself and just leaves it all behind.

Yes, but it was still possible and the babies came out fucked up rather often. It's likely that Geralt could take the mutations because of it.

He kills Vereena. He kills one of the fish people despite them being intelligent enough to use swords.

Was he paid specifically for killing them?

What? Why would I have to link the myths that are in Witcher 3? Since when did we agree on anything like that?
Starting to suspect you are suffering from severe autism. Is your argument that Witcher 3 doesn't have European folklore in it? But it literally does. All of it. Literally all of the mythological stuff in it is from European folklore you moron. Don't know why you think only Witcher 1 has that…

In the second case, pretty much.

Does this include Shani? I didn't read the books

Yeah if we are looking at it objectively, Geralt is a pretty shit Witcher who has more sympathy for monsters than for humans.

W1 had Slavic folklore, not the folklore from all of Europe. And that's a plus for me.

Nope. He responded to force with force. And Vereena was about to bite off someone's head at the moment iirc.

Shani was hamfisted into the games as a character and a romance, the only interaction they have (If I remember right) is a day on oxemfurt-whatever, I dont remember exactly what they were doing, but dandelion goes mind other stuff for a moment and they fuck as soon as they leave, that's it
She's more developed on her own chapters where she's on the war mending people with a gone surgeon. Yellow to yellow, white to white, etc

Shani is there for only a couple of chapters. She is a medical student that Geralt shags once, and then she helps him find a certain man. She also mentioned on the battle of Brenna as a field medic, and it is known that she was an Oxenfurt professor and died of old age. She's barely a character.
In the first game, well, she does try to get Alvin be pressuring him.

Actually the real best girl is fuck you, bros before hoes.

Witcher 3 also has Slavic folklore. Don't know why you are so triggered by other European folklore. Also you are blatantly wrong when you claim that W1 had exclusively Slavic folklore, since dwarves and elves exclusively originate from Nordic folklore. Slavs didn't have dwarves and elves in their mythologies, the Germanics did. And dwarves and elves have been in Witchers since book one.

He didn't have to listen to Agloval's conqueror bullshit. He was there because he was paid to be there.

Life is suffering. Yen is the better choice than Triss.

Then post more Slavic folklore from W3. And dwarves and elves in the Witcher universe are not taken from any specific folklore, they are cookie cutter fantasy races.

Not posting the best bro

Why? Play the game dumbass, you clearly haven't done that.
And you reveal what an utter retard you are when you say
No. They are specifically from Nordic folklore. Nordic religion is where they were first in, and any stories that have them have thus been inspired by Nordic folklore.

I posted one related link, that's one more than you. Just admit that you have no idea what in the game would be from Slavic folklore.

Well that's one way to see it, but the generic dwarves and elves from any generic video game have little in common with folklore other than elves live in trees dwarves have a retarded accent

Nope again. They don't hail from there:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Álfheimr

Since you're being an ignorant faggot who doesn't realize dwarves and elves are from European folklore, and who denies that Witcher 3 has tons of Slavic mythology in it as well, here are some Slavic myths that are in Witcher 3:
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Leshy
>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kikimora
I could go on but why would I go through the entire Witcher 3 quest list and bestiary just to prove what a moron you are, when you could just play the game and see for yourself that it is full of Slavic folklore.

Are you stupid? Are you like really, REALLY retarded? Did your parents drop you on your head as a baby?

I posted the link that shows the difference. Are YOU dumb or pretending to be dumb? Norse Elves are different from fantasy elves.

I could do that too, for example the cockatrice in W1 and 3 is a direct reference to a legend about a monster that was supposedly plaguing the Krzywe Koło street in Warsaw.
witcher.wikia.com/wiki/Cockatrice
Do you have anything more than positions from the bestiary?

Well that is just not true. Elven and Dwarven cultures in almost every single fantasy story are straight up the same as in Norse mythology. For example the "dwarves live inside mountains and are experts at metalsmithing" that is in every single fantasy story I have ever seen is straight up from Norse mythology.

Nice backpedaling. You would look less retarded if you acted like an adult and admitted you didn't know elves are from Norse mythology. "Fantasy elves" are copied from and heavily inspired by Nordic myths. To deny this makes you look like an idiot. Your flimsy "argument" is that elves in Witcher are very different from elves in their origin, Norse mythology, but so are ALL of the Slavic myths in Witcher. Literally every single myth that has been adapted into the Witcher has been altered by Sapkowski and by the game writers.

Do you even know about IDs?

Another retard with no argument? Why would I not know about IDs and what the fuck does that have to do with any of this? I have been arguing with bb548b this entire time, and he's been making an absolute fool of himself by not knowing that elves and dwarves are from Nordic mythology.

And where is the bit in Norse mythology that states elves are physically frail, prefer forests and using bows over melee weapons?

What? So you don't see the difference between a loose reference from second or thirdhand inspiration, and a direct reference?
It's like stating that all dragons in fiction are a carbon copy of Chinese dragons.

Dandelion is best bro tough. His little presence on the games was really frustrating because of how many memorable bathtubs/visits to the whore house they share on the books, and the few moments on the games are great as well

Ohh, strawman arguments, nice! At least you're finally (though unintentionally) admitting you've lost the argument.

You don't see the difference between the original Slavic myths and the very loose references and heavily altered versions of them in the Witcher books and games? These Slavic myths in the games are no closer to the source material than the elves are to the original elves in Nordic mythology.

And it's really odd of you to be so incredibly triggered by Germanic folklore in a series where it's been in a larger role at all times than Slavic folklore. Why suddenly care about it now, but you had no problem with it in Witcher 1? Or did you not know that the Wild Hunt for example, the main antagonists of the entire game trilogy are Germanic/Nordic folklore?
Wouldn't put it past you being ignorant of this as well, considering how little you know of actual European folklore.

This one takes the cake though:
WEW
There haev been dragons in European folklore for a long damn time, and none of it had anything to do with Chinese dragons, nobody even knew about Chinas existence back then.

If we look at ALL the mythological creatures and beings in the entire Witcher series as a whole, the VAST majority of them are originally from Germanic folklore, and minority from Slavic. Even in the books. Odd thing to be so triggered about.

It's pure Anglo tradition generic fantasy written by a drunken no-good slav.

Then elves and dragons in Witcher books and games. Less strawman?

Coolest painting ever too.

Never post again.

Pretty much. The amount of Slavic myth in the Witcher lore is very minimal compared to the staggering amount of Germanic/Anglo mythology in it.

The guy's being disingenuous on purpose - laeve it at that before you wander into sperg territory.

Archetypes originally ==DERIVED== from Norse mythos. Is that too hard to grasp?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shen_(clam-monster)
And have a link to a shapeshifting dragon. Are there any shapeshifting dragons in European folklore? Preferably links, please.

Though I disagree with it being generic, and he's a decent writer too.
Still, my point this entire time has been that it's incredibly stupid for a persons reasoning to not play Witcher 3 to be: "but it has more Germanic folklore than Slavic!!" when so do the books, so does Witcher 1, and so does Witcher 2. So does literally the entire series as a whole, always did.

Not really mythology itself, just copying faggots that copied faggots that took inspiration from mythology among other things.

It's definately generic. The average Anglo turd not worth the paper it was printed on aping Robert E. Howard and Tolkien in the 70s and 80s had more original thought than any of the Witcher stories. Witcher is really bottom barrel 90s crap.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shapeshifting

Humanoids transforming into dragons or dragons into humanoids has been in European folklore since the ancient Roman era.

Well I agree definitely that the Witchers do not compare to Tolkien, there's no doubt about it. They're no high literature, that's for su re.

tastes like piss and has low alcohol content?

It's already happening with things like pokemon gen 5 or gta 4.
People are even regarding the shit final fantasies as good

Neither Cadmus nor Fafnir had the ability to shift shapes at will like Three Jackdaws from Withcher. He was loosely inspired by an Eastern dragon.

I doubt it, more like loosely based on a western dragon that was able to shapeshift once.
I don't see any long serpent like dragons with short legs or no legs at all in Witcher. That is how Chinese ones look.

The books are stories adapted from fairy tales commonly told in Poland. Of course it's going to have germanic folklore in it.

Yes, and? My only point was it's stupid of bb548b to be butthurt about Germanic folklore in Witcher 3, when it's always been the majority of the folklore in the entire series.

Yennefer is the thinking man's choice.

Calm down you autists. I also have one question. I played Witcher 3 last when HoS was released, is it worth going back and playing through the game of the year edition? Also are there any good mods now? I remember them advertising modding but last time I played there weren't any significant mods at all

Only the idea of a dragon with that ability was borrowed. That's what a loose inspiration is. And that wasn't even a direct one, probably. It could be that the connection between the two was through Dragonlance books.

See? Elves from Witcher titles are more akin to D&D elves than Tolkien elves, and less like Norse Light Elves.

You haven't played Blood and Wine? Definitely worth going back then. Expansion introduces an entirely new overworld, one of the best areas in the game and a bunch of new mechanics - plus it plays out like an ending to the Witcher games as a whole. As to mods, still not much to talk about due to the toolset being too obtuse.

Greentext me even once mentioning specifically
Germanic
folklore, faggot.

Why? You're butthurt about ANY non Slavic folklore being in the Witchers. I specifically mention Germanic because it's always been the majority of folklore in the Witcher books and games, including your beloved Witcher 1.

Blood and Wine is pretty good.
The mods? I only know a few.
Always Full EXP: fixes that shit where you complete a quest andget 6 xp for it because you were overleveled.
Lore-Friendly witchers: makes Geralt actually pale and fixes his eyebrows to be white.
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/390/?

No, CDPR never kept their promise about releasing a modding tool. There are a few dozen mods and they're all very minor graphics fixes and alike. The game desperately needs a better combat system and some other bigger mods, like new animations being added etc.

Still waiting for that modding tool CDPR.

Won't happen - they've all jumped ship to 2077.

Preparations is pretty gud. Makes it so that you have to be meditating to apply oils, use skill points, repair equipment or put in runes into equipment.

But you can't meditate anywhere, need to be near a fire and away from hostiles / can't meditate outside in settled areas. You can make your own fire in the wilderness if you have tinder.

Also you can't eat, use potions or open your inventory during combat.

Apart from this I use the mod to remove Ciri's breast band aid during her bath scene, and removes all lingerie from the women in Dijkstra's bath house.

I am not against Brothers' Grimm references there. I like W1 more than W3 for containing more Slavic references, that's all.

That's silly and was the worst thing about the witcher 2. You needed to be fucking prophet to prepare for fights properly. I miss the potions from TW1 that had a drinking animation, so quen actually had a use.

Whatever, I'll just play Gwent beta then. It's their best game anyway.

go back to where u came from u fuckin wastes of oxygen

Yennifer is your wife but a bitch. Triss is a literal lying whore.

I agree, quen would be a lot more useful if there were drinking animations. This here's just to avoid the Skyrim effect of pausing the game and stuffing 500 apples down your throat in what is effectively no time at all.

I would like only the potions affixed to his armor pendant to be usable in battle, and not all of them from his backpack.

If you're referring to then I have to disappoint you, I don't use reddit. I just lurk more than I post and I keep forgetting that what amounts to 5-6 lines in the editor box ends up being stretched to a single line in the post.

I mean, you can't be that retarded to prefer all your text in one big blob?

Well, you can't stuff 500 apples down your throat. It won't lead to anything. The effects don't stack and healing happens over time .

Uhhh, wat.
That isn't true at all.
I guess the game isn't "truly moddable" until you can run around as a loli getting fucked by monsters huh?
I swear the bethesda games are the cancer that spawned this awful meme.
A list of games so shit, and simple literally anyone and their mother could have 'modded it'.

This isn't 2001 anymore, you dumb faggot. Things are far more complex in someways, Skyrim babies just will never notice this because they've been playing the same fucking game on the same fucking engine for decades.

Kill yourself, retard.
nexusmods.com/witcher3/

Who is this semen demon?

Well I might have been exaggerating when I said dozens, but I have even last week looked at all the Witcher mods on nexus and I was really disappointed at what I found.
Nice projecting, I hate pedos and think they should be gassed. Skyrim is also one of the worst RPGs I have ever played. The kind of mods I want are mods to FIX THE FUCKING COMBAT GAMEPLAY. It's terrible. It's not enjoyable. The only reason the game is good is its amazing quests.

You just went absolutely, ballistic, flat out FULL RETARD by assuming for NO REASON, that I like Bethesda games, when I gave NO indication of that.

They're both shit, the only good one is that swordswoman who says she'll marry the guy who can beat her.

At least you get to fug her

You don't say, cuck.

You mean all of them?

Yenn is the best, the rest are trash.

No, not really.
YENNIFER IS FROM THE NOVELS
YENNIFER CUCKOLDS GERALT OFTEN

Triss is not from the novels; this is not the triss of the books. She is pretty AAA+ in the games, almost perfect cute (considering everything).

Game tries to make you feel bad for not sticking with the garbage, vindictive reviler of the novels but compared to redheaded-green eyed wife material there is no choice

No, that's Yen.

Definitely Yen.

Nope, the sorceresses are LITERALLY physically altered with some magic/alchemy/surgery combo to stay young. They're not hags, although they could be. That's what magic is fucking for, anyway.

Didn't the author pretty much disown the games?
If so, why should anything that happens in the books matter to anyone focusing on the vidya?

To know who the characters are?

Yes, but he was somewhat involved on the games, and they make sense with the book, unlike most vydia/movie adaptations

How so? Last I heard he denounced the games as the worst thing that could've happened to his story and the medium itself as a mistake for anything other then mindless entertainment.

The games are their own thing anyway and barely follow the books outside of some lore. And they're better for it, all things considered.

Only some of the dwarves. Most bankers are human. It's like saying black people control all the banks because some of them are rich bankers.

All Im saying is that they make sense with the books and they're not shit

Imlerith is singlehandedly the beefiest elf I have ever seen

sapkowski is sjw cucko
CDPR after getting taste of console dollars in TW2 went full on backstabbing studio in TW3 and promised more stuff Molyjew

They're all trying to manipulate Geralt or his adopted dyke daughter who whores herself out to elves

Reminder that Radovid literally did nothing wrong

Also, the first Witcher is objectively the best, 2 and 3 are casualized out the ass, suffered from downgrades and went full action game rather than being rpgs

best gal comin thru

This.

You're being stupid. Ciris makeup is always washing off her face because she is constantly running from the Wild Hunt, whether it rains or shines.

Are you trying to imply Ciri is a whore? Because you are 100% right

I mean it's a nice detail that they made her remember yennefer lessons on how to always look like a whore, but come on she spends most of the game on the run how can she always wear makeup

Correct me when I'm wrong: you're talking out of your ass, Sapkowski was never involved with the games, the devs picked up the rights for the series second hand and various book(s) references were shoe-horned to the determent of W3.

Hey, I'm not saying they're not I don't give a shit about them either way but I kinda expect my vidya to stand on it's own and not require half a dozen books to make sense.

I don't know why you are so bothered by it. I don't think it makes her look like a whore, just that she has no time to fix her make up. I kinda like it.

Kind of a stupid argument when you use a screenshot from the console version or if not, the PC version with all settings turned to low and played on a potato premade?

Game looks a thousand times better on my PC. Better lighting, better textures, better resolution. Your entire complaint with the game is that you don't have a PC that can run it at max graphics.

Also, the 2nd image proves you have never played Witcher 3. Most quests do not show the location you need to go to AT ALL, some NPC just tells you where to go and you have to find the place on your own.

Secondly, you can turn off separate any/all parts of the UI you want from the options. If you dont want a visible minimap, or visible anything, then go fucking turn them off from the menu you retard.

But all of them do
They plop down a map marker for you follow or you have to use your batman vision to follow footprints around

Don't mix vtm: bloodlines with your rageboner for the witcher, thanks.

But that's wrong. Many of them do not. For example I just did the quest yesterday where Crach asks you to find his daughter because she went to help Udalryk on Spikeroog. That's all the direction you get. Map doesn't show any marks of what island to go to, or which island is Spikeroog, you have to find that out on your own, sail there (or buy a map and quick travel), then find her on that island by questioning people.

Didn't show on the map where to go.

You got a mod that kills quest tracking or something? Because I know the village and later the lady where she spend the night show up on the map.
Same thing with his son, his final location doesn't show up but every stage/clue you've found advances the map marker.

Might have turned off markers in the options already back when I started the game. No mods required.

Now I know your memory's fucked. For Cerys there's only a general sort of marker you get after a shit ton of running around, or you can listen to the jarl and guess. For the son, no map marker ever shows up - you have to follow the footprints in the snow which are distinct but do not pop up on detective vision. Or maybe the dude disabled markers like he said

I guarantee that they do, rather it nearly fucked up the quest for me the first time I was doing it. I followed the tracks up until the forge with no markers, hit a level and decided to go forge my new armor or some shit, got sidetracked and came back two days later.

The problem was when I found some faggot I previously missed and he marked the tower camp where the giant attacked them on the map. So I ended up with two markers and reaching either wouldn't advance the quest. Ended up roaming about until I found a different clue and skipping that part of the chase completely.

This is why you mod in different shaders/enbs.

That I wasn't able to torture that cunt alongside Djikstra was one of the most disappointing things about Witcher 3. I even gave Radovid her megascope crystal, praying that he'd be able to use it and burn the bitch alive, even if I wouldn't be able to see it.

Yeah but the marker for Cerys appears only after you've talked to Udalryk and questioned people around the town. There was no indication of what island Cerys had even gone to. This is definitely not related to disabling markers, the quest gives you very little on where to go.

Out of those comparisons, my game looks close to the E3 versions right now with all the mods I have to restore that look.

The 2 gifs are on console minimal settings (and poor bait). No excuse for the first - though it does follow the all-familiar pattern of the story going to shit the moment Ciri enters the picture.

You missed some shit, replay it. The 2 markers lead off to different places - one to a guy chilling in a sauna, and another to the house filled with bones, and the caved-in path. Hjalmar's location is NEVER marked (actually had to look it up after roving the island for him).

Marker only appears if you save that dude from drowners on the other side of the island. You can skip the song and dance and simply infer that Cerys went to the very visible ruin on top of the mountain.

That's not what I was saying at all, retard. Would you rather play on the downgraded graphics instead of modding it?

The Hjalmar quest line was amazing. They actually really made you look for him on that huge and abandoned island.

Wait, i can't fuck Ciri?

Not unless you mod it in.

As I said earlier, witchers are sterile. Geralt raised Ciri pretty much, and sees her as his daughter, since he's unable to have children.

Pathetic level of self-insert there.

there is bit compression with gifs but still it looks nowhere near as good as E3

Well yes, i know this. But fuck, it's trash then.

Yeah, because if i can't then he can't. You know, since i have the mouse and keyboard and make the choice.

There's a mod on the nexus that allows you to change NPC appearances, including full model swaps. You can just replace a prostitute with Ciri and fuck her that way.

Where are you getting this shit? That looks like it's ripped off a Youtube stream. Ran the game recently on PC (ultra-settings), and it does look downgraded, but nowhere near as bad.

Eh, my statement stands.

That feels wrong though.

What can i say, i like white hair and real world has shortage of this.

Do you believe me for a cuck.
I don't buy games that have been fucked over.

YARR HARR FIDDLE DEE DEE
BEING A PIRATE IS ALRIGHT WITH ME
DO WHAT YOU WANT CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE
YOU ARE A PIRATE

Is it even worth the DL?

Ves

I usually hate "stronk womyn need no witcher" and go for cute waifus that just want to marry you and be cute. But if you actually read the story and pay attention to the games, you'll realize Triss is a huge manipulative cunt, and for all the bitchy stuff Yen might do, she is truly madly in love with Geralt and will do anything for him and Ciri. She is a great mother too, Triss doesn't even give a shit about Ciri. And Yen and Gerlat have tons of history too. They are perfect for eachother.

I'd say so. Most of the game is straight up gameplay, enemies hit pretty hard, and it has better writing than modern narrative based games. The world is pretty fleshed out, and a lot of stuff ties together. Game's plenty violent. World has a lot of shit to find and do. The expansion quests are pretty big, and you get to watch dwarves fall off cliffs.

Gameplay wise? It's pretty solid, although dodging isn't too hard, but enemies will block and counter you. Even on normal stuff hits pretty hard, but nothing wrong with turning the difficulty up. Fighting stuff that's a higher level than you is a good challenge. Everything controls pretty well.

People complain about Yennefer and being a cuck? You can completely throw shit in her face and undo the spell binding your fates together (although she does actually love Geralt).

Some mods I would say are essential

nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/143/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1006/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/662/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/1021/?
nexusmods.com/witcher3/mods/38/?

You're making this sound way more negative than it is.
Some interviewer asked the author if he would see the games as canon if he were to ever write another book and he said no. This doesn't mean that he hates the games.

I don't get why you would expect him to let somebody else write in his canon and why this makes the games bad.
You don't need other peoples approval in order to enjoy things, user.

That's a cute mod, since I actually gimped my XP gain because I didn't want to out-level everything while completing side missions.

You're a cute mod, user

they promised super uber moding tools but they just again LIED

And of fucking course that's exactly what you do, cucktard.

What about shit like cheating?

Of fucking course.

I know it's 3DPD, but they are doing things to my dingalong. Do you have any more?

Sure thing, cuck.

Stop wasting precious oxygen.

Oh user.

Retards will destroy their own arguments. And you don't even have one.

It's two people. Which one is >she?

They actually punish you for trying exactly that. Shame, but I get why. They're not the types that would ever share a guy.

Glad I didn't find that out the hard way.

Keep replying to make yourself look better, cuck.

I'm not a fan of her new look.That chin gets in the way.

why is no1 posting best girl?

I'n gonna assume the first one, if true at all. Second one is a Russian cosplay model called Disharmonica, who, despite all the Photoshop, is obviously a woman. First one has a somewhat "mannish" face (if you can call it that), but other than that, her body is extremely femenine, lacks an Adam's apple and her hip-waist-shoulder ratio appears correct. Let me add feet and hands are also fairly femenine.

I've seen really fucking convincing transsexuals, like that Chinese xidaidai who, would it be not for the fact that there is a pre-op picture of his/her monstercock circulating around the Internet, you would have assumed it was a real woman. However, I doubt this is the case; unless that user knows something we don't, like the actual sauce, both are a she, and I'm 99.9999% sure second one is most certainly a woman.

Yeah. Actual redheads, not gingers.

Yen is hot, that's it. Her character is absolute shit tier, and the only ones who prefer her are people who take a 10/10 with shit character over a 9/10 with good character, because they are absolute cucks who would put up with any annoying cunt.

Triss is a manipulative bitch who took advantage of Geralt's memory loss to steal him from Yennefer. She is actually such a huge bitch.

Temeria is France, Touissant is Don-Quixote-Levels-of-Silly-France.

is fucking close to water

Meanwhile Yen cucks Geralt around and only pretends to care about him when she needs something. All sorceress' are whores.

Yes, Ciri is the only right choice. Geralt should realize he needs to dick Ciri.

Not really. All of the kingdoms in Witcher are combinations of several kingdoms and cultures in European history. Nilfgaard alone has heavy influence from Russia, France, Germany and the Roman empire each.
Temeria does have influence from Poland in addition to France. In fact more from Poland. Redania pretty much has the old flag of Poland and is also very similar.
Skellige are obviously the vikings Kalmar union, but for some reason they have Irish accents and not Scandinavian ones.

Everything is a weird mix.

Yenn is only choice.