Dark Souls

Chronicles of teddy

Okami

The one I don't have to play. Sage

2D:
Shipwreck

3D:
Darksiders

I know it's a meme at this point but the first Dark Souls really does feel like the first Zelda.

lol

What platform?
I've tried that & although it's pretty neat it didn't really grab & hold my attention.

Nice scanline filter, nigger. Illusion of Gaia and Terranigma.

It's an utter shit game and doesn't feel like Zelda at all… Not even in any way.

There are dozens of games that are like Zelda 1. Stop being underage. Many even with actual RPG elements and traps.

Shipwreck is on Steam. It's an homeage/rip-off to Link's Awakening. Not as good, and not very long, but nice, and it is cheap.
If you're up for emulating there are two games on TurboGrafx16 in the Neutopia series. For 3D games like Zelda there's also Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy, which is excellent, on PS2/GCN/XB1, or Kingdoms of Amalur more recently.

Thanks. :^)
Those look good.

This. Does everything Zelda does but slightly better and sometimes much better. I like how all the dungeons are unique, how they're small dungeons, long dungeons, very organic dungeons or even crazy ones like the insides of a person which actually look like the insides of a person, meanwhile Obama or what that whale's name was in OoT looked like it had a fucking car factory inside of it. And every dungeon has the same length and 1:1 the same formula. Also, the games are slooow, takes 10 seconds to open a door every time and every single room has to be loaded seperately.

Most of time, it is a meme.

2D:
Illusion of Gaia/Time, Terranigma
Ys (esp. Oath in Felghana and 7)
Spiritual Warfare (honorable mention. For a bible game it was pretty ambitious (if only the music had more variety))
Beyond Oasis
Alundra
Final Fantasy Legend/Sword of Mana (there's nothing wrong with the GBA version if you can't name something wrong with the GBA version), Secret of Mana, Secret of Mana 2/Seiken Densetsu 3, Legend of Mana (worldbuilding: the game)
Blood Omen (okay, so the controls will take some getting used to)
Dragon Slayer (oh wait)

Zelda 2 clone:
Legend of Princess
Faxanadu
Legacy of the Wizard/Dragon Slayer 4
Eternal Daughter (a classic indie game that's always worth a look for those who haven't played it)

3D:
Okami
BRAVE FENCER MUSASHI (Samurai Legend's not bad either but hardly best-tier)
Soul Reaver
Kingdom Hearts (gameplay's top-notch, regardless of what you think of the story)
Steambot Chronicles (okay, I'm taking some liberty with what counts here: An open world action-adventure walker-mech game that's so comfy you can play your harmonica for tips in a pub and has genuine choice/consequence)

well technically they're all dragon slayer ripoffs
but you are correct. I should have focused on ones that depend on items to advance. hmm

Crystalis is fucking amazing. It's good that none of the retro reviewers ever covered it because the price isn't $300 and hipsters born in the 90s aren't snoowing over how retro it is.

I actually have that already, never played it. I have almost every SEGA Genesis game. The downside is that the folder is cluttered & I have no idea which games in there are good.

Multiplayer Zelda on the SNES, with less swords and more sliding blocks.

Beyond Oasis is pretty cool. You play as a white blonde arabic prince who finds a magic gauntlet and plot ensues.

Beyond Oasis for 2D
Okami for 3D

Okami is not a Zelda clone.
It's a devil may cry game that's trying it's best to be a zelda clone without having the faintest idea how to do an adventure game right.

I was asking about Beyond Oasis at Babbage's and the dude sold me Ultima VII.

That guy was awesome.

Monster House for GBA

not sure how to approach that. U7's one of the most intricately crafted games ever, but Beyond Oasis is still absolutely worth a play

Never played that so I looked up images.
Did this inspire Hotline Miami?

"you can do anything" used to mean something
in ultima 7 you can even make bread if you want
which is to say you actually take a sack of flour, combine with a bucket of water, knead it, bake it, and pull it out before it burns. Modern alchemy systems suck compared to it
you can also forge weapons by pouring molten metal into weapon blanks and hammering the shit out of them (a feature it shares with dark messiah of kicking and kicking)

I gotchu fam

I beat Goof Troop multiple times with my cousin. Old Capcom music & sound effects are god-tier.

This is extremely inaccurate. You should reconsider your life./ .

o shit I remember that

No. A devil may cry game trying pathetically to be an adventure game before clover immediately went back to doing linear action games again.
The game is broken, it will give you very specific promption for events and items that haven't been triggered yet.

They couldn't even get combat working without small established arena's, resulting in so many stupid work-arounds like the slow floating overworld scrolls and the bounty hunting quests.

Darksiders is pretty good.

huh, never knew that.

That looks neat so I downloaded it. I almost thought it wasn't working until I switched input from DualAnalog to PS1 Joypad. I watched the whole intro thinking I couldn't skip it since DualAnalog input doesn't work on it.

How come in the anime scenes of the intro video his hair is red but in the game it's blonde?

the best is trading fresh diapers with babies for shitty ones that can be thrown at enemies for an unresistable stun.

pick one.

thats because the game is dogshit and will waste hours of your time.
get ready

Would you a castlevania with topdown zelda gameplay? would that be final fantasy adventure?

Lament of Innocence didn't use the vertical axis much, so I guess it would play alright from a top-down perspective.

I fucking hate bats that move quickly & erratically.
This guy who throws his head at you looks like Spurdo Sparde with closed eyes.
Outside there's gross bara furfags everywhere.

Which game?

This game is a pretty blatant Zelda clone, but it's a pretty good one, if you have a PS3 I'd recommend it.

looks like Neutopia.

OP image is Neutopia on PCEngine (or TurboGrafx-16)

Does The Battle of Olympus count?

I played Neutopia for quite a while, but I stopped playing for too long & forgot what the fuck I was doing or where to go.

I beat that. It was good.

Monkey hero was pretty good.
Made by the duders behind gta

I'll give you something to rip off *whips out dick*

Jesus fuck man are you retarded? Try narrowing your scope on what constitutes as a Zelda clone. Fucking Red Dead Redemption might as well be a Zelda clone with your definition

I'm sure the only weapon you can make that way is the expansion sword, who is so overpowered it can kill Lord British.

Went back & played Neutopia. Just have to talk to everyone you can to figure out what you're doing. I hardly ever find anyone useful, but this one guy gave me 1000 gold.

I did another dungeon & fought a giant enemy crab.

what is pic related?

64 goemon

BOI isn't a Zelda rip-off, sure it borrows the top-down style and HUD, however gameplay wise it's another can of worm entirely.

It's Neutopia for the Turbographx 16. It's a pretty bland knock-off in my opinion, but if you are stuck with a TG16 it's better than nothing I guess.

It's actually the only game there is that gets adventure right.

Are you a retarded 20 year old who couldn't get warm with the game because you have to control a wolf? Literally everything about this game screams adventure.

It's basically like playing an Edo period anime like Inuyasha. No other game ever managed to pull this off properly.

The coast alone is more adventure than any game you mentally challenged retard like.

You should honestly kill yourself for having such horrible shittaste. And it has fucking nothing in common with your edgy DMC shit for autismo kids except the same creator (who now makes more edgy shit for autismo kids, sadly).

youtube.com/watch?v=IRx9gnY0Mp0

Literally braindead, I'm telling you.

Are you literally retarded? How is this a flaw? Just because you don't like it? Countless games do this or something similar.

This way you can actually go on ADVENTURES without having to fight all the time when you don't want to. You can do whatever you want and there isn't a fucking bat or crow approaching you and drowning the field theme with a horrible battle theme (Zelda).

You are the dumbest piece of shit I've ever seen on infinity and I hope you get cancer for being so dumb.

Mining Cap

>Bought it when I saw it for 30 maples
The hipster cancer needs to die, when I mention I was born in 95 I immediately get 'the eye' from most oldfags

Come on, there's a 2d and 3d version too

Nigger, you what? BoI is Zelda gameplay without the overworld and with different weapons. Even most of the enemy types are lifted directly from original Zelda. Enemies you have shoot in the back, those hopping motherfuckers, those charging worms, blade trap blocks and many, many more.

Here's a couple that haven't been mentioned yet.

It's a fun 2D action adventure game in my opinion but, be prepared; the puzzles are utter assholes to solve sometimes.

Play crusader of centy, OP. It's like a link to the past if alttp was fast. Beyond oasis too. Sega was always better that nintendo.

why is it the cuckchan posters always call other people underage? Feeling a little insecure, aren't we?

Yes, many enemies work like Zelda, but no, Isaac isn't a rip-off zelda gameplay wise: Zelda works like Metroid in the sense the reason why you need to collect items is to gain access to new areas, and you need to unlock those areas because it's the only way you progress toward the end. If you try and play Isaac like you'd play Zelda (attempt to buy all the items right off the bat, try to open all chests, etc) you're going to have a hard time.

While the ladder works exactly the same way in Isaac and Zelda, their impact is very different: you can skip a random ladder drop in Isaac and still manage to complete the game, but you cannot do that in Zelda. Most items in Zelda are glorified keys.

In Isaac, you just explore till you find the end of the stage, collecting things is up to you. In Zelda, you explore, find something you cannot access and then search the object meant to get you accross the gap/body of water/rock.

b-b-but muh scanlines

Best. Pretty cool game actually

Golden Axe Warrior.

Landstalker.

Nintendo made their own Zelda clone in the 90's and will never acknowledge it again outside of re-releases

He means the adventure game genre, you nigger.

The games Boring, and you are a good indicator as to why Okamis fanbase is shit.

I have it new in box. My mom randomly chose it for me on easter.

Your mom done good.
Crystalis is a great game, the music and world were fantastic for it's era.

enjoy your permanently miss-able collectibles

that game is a huge bitch sometimes….

literally fuck the entire game for having that level.

The first time in Steamwood or the second?
I only remember the second trip being a bitch.

top tier taste

In this case he is even more retarded because Zelda isn't an adventure game either. They're action adventures which is something entirely different.

Then again, genres don't mean that much anymore today.

Love posts like this. "Haha, I didn't enjoy this thing. Now what you do about it? :D I can't enjoy thing, haha. How does this make you feel?" Your loss, retard. I had an amazing time with it.

It's often how you're meant to see the game. IE. Sonic the Hedgehog uses a technique to give the appearance of transparent water using a CRT screen. Rendering without a CRT filter (when you don't have a CRT) is not faithful to the original intent.

This isn't even "muh original hardware" tism. It really is how you're supposed to see the game.

what about games that were meant to be played at 30 fps

scary isn't it? Hope it gives you a migraine

I don't mean to be a dick or anything, but IE (short for id est, latin for "that is") makes an example of your entire argument. I think you wanted to use e.g. (Exempli Gratia, latin for "for example") or Ex: (Shorthand for example) when referring to a specific instance wherein your idea is displayed.

Does that make sense? I just wanna hone your argumentative skills.

Darksiders

When you emulate Monster Hunter Tri on Dolphin at 60fps the audio sounds retarded. So by default it's locked at 30. Which is pretty shit. Dark Souls came to PC locked at 30 & people hated that among many aspects of the port, but if you hack it to do 60fps there are apparently some jumps you can't make. In many case 30fps is unavoidable since breaking the 30fps lock can break the game. That's just an unfortunate reality of how some developers make their games.

I came here to post Crusader of Centy.

forcing dark souls to run at 60fps can also cause you to fall through the world.

But the water is sufficiently transparent without the CRT trick applied, so I don't feel the need to go out and buy a CRT for that negligible effect.

game frankly looks far better on a crt at 240p.

Okay figured out how to word it: IE sums up your entire argument via an example or re-explanation, so by citing "how water is made to be seen as transparent" with IE (as opposed to EG or Ex) you're saying that the only use of a CRT is to make water appear transparent.

Which one is the CRT and which one is not in his image?

Left is unfiltered, right is filtered.

neither image is captured from a crt, the one on the right is just using a bilinear filter to simulate and achieve similar results.

You can shit all over my taste all you want but please do it with arguments and stop making me lose hope in humanity.

Ah, gotcha.

how unkind

frankly if fps bothers you that much I do hope you get removed from video games

no way man i love perfect dark

Yeah, that was stupid.

Topo's rhythm game was okay though.

Forgot my other image.

The Little Big Adventure or Twinsen series. I don't know if I'd call it a rip-off, but it's very similar.

why did they think this looked good

This. TBoO is such an amazing game.

Literally Zelda with guns.

But is it fun?

Centy is great. Better than every Zelda until Awakening. Land Stalker is pretty bad though, Climax really never had its shit together. At least for me.

Musashiden was excellent. Par excellence for the PS1/N64/Saturn era.

Nice information you provided there, chief.

Did anyone mention Ys?

Its like Zelda but on mechs. Pretty decent Zelda clone, the story is pretty cool and the sprite work is not bad considering the dreamcast was mainly 3D over 2D. For some reason mech fights are in 3D tho

A real shame considering it's my favorite genre and I play all of them I could get my hands on to this very day. They don't do them much anymore because devs want to use the limitations a console could get them and on PC indie devs are obsessed with gay pixelart faggotry. Hyper Light whatever was trash because it didn't have a flash period after getting hit so you could be rammed by a single laser hitting you 3 times because you were bounced back by its trajectory.

In closing I wish one of these games would have come out BEFORE zelda so we didn't have to call them clones since they are so much more than a Zelda or Musou game in many instances. Nintendo can suck my dick.

I wasn't going to post in this thread, but I needed to post in order to say you are retarded.

A few of the other games may not have been made to copy Zelda but Okami, unfortunately, was very Zelda like considering when it came out. Link is dog -> Okami is dog. Puzzles on a 3D plane -> puzzles on a 3D plane. Treasure boxes make sounds and shit -> treasure boxes make sounds and shit. New items from bosses help your progress -> new items from bosses help your progress.

Yeah okami looks, sounds, and feels better than the aelda games at the time but in the end it's very much a copy of zelda because it took more elements than simply walk around hitting stuff from zelda.

Ys didn't turn in to a zelda clone until very recently. I can't remember any of the games but the newest one just being much more than a slaughter fest and there wasn't any need for treasures and puzzles.

That's an awfully good looking game for the SMS. Really need to go deeper in that ROM set, mostly only play the shit I remember.

play Tower of Druaga or any of its sequels then, Shiggy borrowed a lot from Namco

Its actually zelda with guns