Proper Resident Evil thread

Resident Evil 7 demo on PC is out.
There is a branch on its SteamDB page with the word Denuvo, so the full game might have that piece of shit.
steamdb.info/app/530620/depots/

Other urls found in this thread:

re4hd.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I hope its good

I don't have any expectations and I'm going to keep it that way.
REmake 2 will also hurt less if its shit this way.

You can now taste and smell the flesh of the infected.

WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE

Yeah, it was shit on arrival even before the possibility of Denuvo.

will not download

"Resident Evil 7 PC Demo out on Dec. 19th, 2016"

Oh, and if you cunts don't want to get this game on the 27th of Jan:
Go watch the movie. It will be a satisfying conclusion to the series.
At least, I hope it will be, I enjoyed the other 5.

I wonder how it'll run on PC, having tried it on PS4 it runs at like 60FPS, I hope that means its well optimized.

I also wonder if it means it'll be far easier on the PC.

Doesn't let you download it yet.

Into the garbage it goes, those fuckers might have even gotten a purchase from me otherwise just because it seems like a good PC port and I like telling nip devs the PC market exists with my money. But not if that means supporting cancerous anti-tamper tech.

Don't get heckles, because I'm keeping my shekels. I'll wait for the CPY version + fitgirl repack.

As already expressed, this having denuvo puts it into the never buy zone for me.

at least it looks pretty damn good.

How's the PC port? Is it the usual Capcom fare where it looks and runs good, or is it an exception like Dead Rising 3 where it runs poorly?

it's hard to say because there isn't really any big action scenes or really anything at all happening in the demo that would impact FPS. that said i got a solid 60fps with everything maxed with a 1060 6GB. the controls feel good although the "item compass" or whatever the fuck you want to call it on the lower-left of the screen shows a controller's d-pad instead of numbering 1-4. it ran fine, loaded pretty quickly even on my HDD and really i like the way it looks

that said this demo has been out on the consoles for a coon's age so they've had time to get it right, and again i can't stress enough that there is exactly one "action" encounter which you can completely avoid (if you're okay with bad end), so there isn't really much to do aside from drink in the atmosphere

I got killed by the monster dude in the basement twice cause I couldn't figure out how to get out and was too bored to keep trying to figure it out. The "souls" games scare me much more than this because they have actual tense high stakes gameplay, at this point pure audiovisuals don't really do anything to scare me.

If I wanna play an escape the room game I'll play one with better puzzles and less clunky controls.

30-45 FPS on mostly low settings with some very noticeable hiccups. My CPU looks notably worse than those other 2 specs but it was not the limiting factor which was actually the GPU.

The options menu was very nice though and the game is pretty visually impressive even on the low settings it defaulted me to.

try sprinting into the door after the dude closes it behind you, if you sprint into it twice you can bust the door open and get out without getting hit. if you do want to fight, bust out of the room after taking the valve, go to the bathroom and get the pistol, then go back, take it slow and aim for the head; on the piss4 i was able to kill it with five or six headshots and got away without a scratch

Already uninstalled it, it's just not my kind of game. I prefer RE4 and the ones after it to this kind of thing. It's a good thing though because it'll have denuvo so I won't feel bad for not being able to play it not that I actually bother to pirate things, I just don't buy denuvo games.

…yeah so predictably this thread isn't really going anywhere.
We had a nice discussion about the core structure RE7 is going for and what the devs are actually trying to accomplish but this thread is already in the "IS IT OPTIMIZED GRAPHIXX!?" and "WHY ISN'T THIS RE4!?!" territory.

Guess i'll have to use /vg/ again for this one too.
I mean, i don't think RE7 will be fantastic or anything, but most of you guys are too fucking dumb to even remotely begin to discuss this shit seriously.

What's the reason behind this? Is it just because it's DRM, or does it do more than it should or something?

Holla Forums sometimes remind me of comments on pc torrents.

Fucking SPOT ON.
Specifically PC torrent comments by third worlders.
Probably because most of them are genuinely pennyless third worlders.

denuvo is basically the definition of DRM that is worse for paying customers than it is for pirates. it reads and writes to hard drives a ton and is suspected of killing SSDs with that kind of shit

Well, you aren't in right to blame poor people for pirating though. That's actually a good reason to do it to save more money for food.

I hate denuvo but it's important to be informed about the thing you're shitting on. There are a great number of problems it has, but the SSD writing thing is a myth that has been disproven many times. What denuvo does do is prevents users from tampering with the executable, making many mods that people consider to be absolutely essential like dsfix for dark souls or the engine mod for Thief to make it playable on modern systems. It also cannot function if Denuvo's servers get shut down and there is no failsafe to protect against this, so if the company dies in a couple years all of the games will be fucked unless patched by the devs (which isn't guaranteed, look at all those SecuROM games that no one could play).

It also makes the game unplayable through WINE on OSX or Linux and discourages ports to each since Denuvo is not available on any platform other than Windows.

And lastly it prevents people from demo'ing a game before they give the devs their money, a practice that prevents customers from being swindled by faulty products. You can argue that this isn't a problem in any game with a demo like RE7, but what if the second half of the game turns out to be utter dogshit and isn't worth the money spent on it? You couldn't tell that from a well polished demo.

This is literally your first post in the thread. Who's this "we" shit? Who have "we" been discussing with, because "we" couldn't have had much of a discussion with one post. Am I being trolled?

in fairness, the demo's been out for a long-ass time and there have been a ton of threads about it and RE's direction as a franchise

He's just trying to fit in, user. No bully

Alright you know what, fuck it

I'm sure by tomorrow this piece of shit thread will have four billion posts, so i'll just throw this out there so if some deranged motherfucker actually wants to discuss the game can at least remotely attempt to get a discussion going.
I'll keep it short and separated in key points.
Here's the blueprint, the core design intent for the game, and some of the most important aspects:

Bottomline: the game might attract penumbra/outlast fans but at it's core it's designed around key elements from RE1-3.
It's (in theory) attempting to be first person RE1 with some melee weapons added into the mix.
It's most definitely not for RE4 fans, they got fucked with this entry, there's nothing here for them.

If Capcom can pull it off it entirely depends if they still have enough talent left, or not.

Maybe if you weren't a dick to other posters, they would appretiate your informative posts more. Thanks.

Does this game require VR, or can it be played without the shitty gimmick headset?

It won't with your first post & narcissistic attitude. Fuck off.

See

tfw got bad ending

played it. meh, that old fart with glasses is not scary and ive seen enough iron maidens/regenerators from re 4. meh 5.55/10.00

trashed. It's a well known fact that nips hate money.

That's an understatement. There's a trailer out where you put a bullet in a hillbilly's eye socket and he laughs it off, telling you things here don't work how you think they do. I mean, it might work out for the game, but to me it just looks like they made the enemies into bullet sponges to make them feel more "scary" and heighten the tension.

There hasn't been anything for us in a long time. No one even wants to make anything like RE4.

Are there any zombies in it?

Because it has consistently fucked with PCs with every single one of it's iterations. Earliest versions killed certain SSDs. Newer versions have far from insignificant performance ovehead, making games that would otherwise run decent on several year old PCs, stutter on top tier rigs.
And it also fucks over mods.

I've never encountered a problem with Denuvo on my computer whether it be performance, killing my SSD or HDD or any other made up bullshit.

I thought "The Evil Within" came pretty close.

The pacing felt more or less the same as Resident evil 4. Infact, It's the only time I've felt the same amount of Tension playing a video game in a long, long time. I don't understand why the game gets a bad rap.

Fuck off randy.

check em

There seems to be some kind of contradiction here.

As someone that doesn't like what direction series took with RE4, REvii look like… utter shit and I would rather play RE4 than this. I cringed so fucking much when in trailer they showed a "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" scene. The fact that for a majority of a game you are chased by some bearded guy that on fire sometimes and brakes walls with the fucking shovel… yeah what a worthy substitute to something like Mister X from RE2 or Nemesis from RE3. I think the source of the problem lies in writer for re vii, who was writer for Spec Ops the line. You can just see how he furyosly masturbates to the idea that he turns "dumb videogame" into post-modernistic masterpiece while ripping off "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" and "Witch Blair Project", just like he ripped off "Apocalypse Now" in Spec Ops the Line

First off you have the fucking awful FOV which thankfully can be disabled on PC, but I could see that hurting some peoples experience right off the bat, especially the console crowd, the game does maintain a decent pace though… up till the final acts where it suddenly throws everything horror related out the window and becomes an action game. There were still some neat parts, such as being chased by that giant creature through the city, but the moment you get to the city the atmosphere completely dies and the pacing is ruined.

Still, I'd say it is an enjoyable game for RE4 fans.

Supposedly it's going to have traditional zombies… but yeah, I really can't stand the hicks with super powers. They aren't creepy, scary, or intimidating in the least.

Yeah, just like Silent Hills, that one demo they ripped off.
Hey, at least they came full circle now.

Silent Hills
Whoooa, so fucking deep. Yeah, sure sad that deep discussion was lost.

Yes, you're being trolled.

You buy a computer once. Other expenses like food and supplies are daily, or monthly like the rent or the bills. It's definitely feasible to have enough money to buy a computer and still struggle with monthly expenses.

Its feasible if you're too stupid to plan ahead, sure.
Also you mean plausible, not feasible, unless you planned to be broke

I sure did. Every Denuvo game make my PC slow to a crawl. I can play the game just fine, but as soon as I do ANYTHING else, it just draaaaags as if I was running a 386. I have to restart as soon as I quit the game in question to be able to use my computer normally again.

Mind you, this is only with Denuvo games. Nothing else does that save for Debungo. ABZÛ in particular made my CPU go into the 70ºC+ when no game ever did that before, and MGSV made my HDD go into the 60ºC when not even DOOT did that. It's freaky man.

I got a computer piece by piece over the course of a year.

GTX 970
i5-4690K
2tb Seagate Barracuda 7200RPM
8gb ram
Hand me down Siragon 1080p monitor and old mouse, speakers and keyboard. It's not difficult, just very grindy. The biggest problem isn't paying for the games themselves, it's that we literally have no way of buying them in our currency and due to the restrictions set in place, we can't exchange easily either.

I still buy every so often with money I make through online jobs on my paypal, but everything else is meant for food and saving up for when I fuck off to maple land.

If you're wondering, I live in Venezuela.

How much of an insuffrable faggot does one have to be to flaunt their supposed superiority on a mongolian slideshow forum?

The introduction for the game was pretty poor personally. It also marketed itself as "The return to survival horror" even though Mikami apparently wanted to make a sci fi game.

The demo was great so far on PS4, but I'm still waiting on something like REmake 2/3.

I think only the hillbillies do that. I think the point is that each of them will have a gimmick about them, but all of them share how they don't get hurt when they chase you.

This shit is feeling like Resident Evil 1 + Alien: Isolation, and I fucking loved Alien: Isolation. So I think I'm on board for now.

Ive gotten the Infected Ending the Bad Ending and the True Ending so far, trying to get the phone ending now but I'm having trouble getting it to trigger, anybody here have any tips?

I thought that was removed when they added the basement and monster

I'm not sure, getting a clear and concise guide on how to get all the endings is kind of difficult now because they are all split between the two versions and most of them seem to be for the old version.

demo crashes after first cutscene for me, probably because this game might be sse 4.1 only

although i've seen people report this with better processors

Reminder that the RE4HD project is still going strong and still looks great
re4hd.com/

go look up Heart of Darkness

Thanks user this is some ridiculously good texture work unlike what you see in many modding projects.

That sounds like the direction RE should've taken a long time ago, even though I loved RE4.

Hey fuckface, now that Denuvo has been actually cracked (not bypassed) by CPY, you can actually compare the Denuvo version of a game to the non-Denuvo version.
I personally compared the Steam version of MGSV with the cracked version of MGSV, and here's my result:

Anyway, I tried the demo and I'm indifferent. I would have been cautiously optimistic but since
I no longer give a fuck. Ask me again when CPY releases a crack later this year.

Wasn't it abandoned ?

That's good. Call me when it's done or they have anything that's not just the village.