Turn based combat was used because of technical limitations! If devs had the means to make action, they would have!

The list goes on. When will you faggots realize that turn based was a choice. See all those games I mentioned? They were released between 1985 to 2000 and they were full blown action rpgs and i haven't even scratched the surface. Why do some anons think turn based was because of technical limitations even though there were a multitude of ARPGs? Is it because they're underage normalfags who only play "le popular" classics?

You know what to do user.

Turn based is alright. I don't get why people think it's outdated and needs to change.

Those people are fucking faggots. That's the long and the short of it.

No. You shut up. Who the hell even thinks this?

Crusaders of Centy
Alundra

Who are you quoting? I barely see people say this.
Quit sperging out because one guy on the internet didn't like your favourite game. Faggot.

user are you fucking retarded? Reread my post. I just posted ARPGs trying to dispute the first greenest. My whole OP post was about proving the first greenest wrong.
Pic related is you

Because people want every game to be the exact same shit.

Maybe you shouldn't take everything you read
SO SERIOUS
because it should be obvious that I was in agreement with your sentiment.

Turn Based Combat was done so they could squeeze the game out by a deadline.

I have never ever heard someone make that fucking argument. Turn based combat is fun in it's own way, now fuck off.

Yes. Exactly.

ackshually, FF7 wasn't turn based, and i think neither was 6. it was ATB.

also
are you mentally retarded? it was a roguelike RPG
please kill yourself for being a retard

I'm sorry for you buddy.

why are you making a thread whining about FF7 every day faggot?

What are you trying to even argue here? And not once have I seen an user say that. Let alone ever seen anyone say that.

My turn

CURRENT YEAR +2 AND ISOMETRIC VIEW IS STILL THE STANDARD FOR ARPGS AND STRATEGY GAMES

I'd fuck with third person strategy games. Also Dark Souls is a third person ARPG, you silly goose.

You know what? Fuck Action RPGs (even though I do like Legend of Mana and Brave Fencer Musashi). Some people don't have uninterrupted game time or people constantly bothering you and you alone on the weekends like you folks so gimme back my turn based RPG and fuck off the "le turn based is bad" meme.

Fucking Atari games weren't turn based, who has ever said this other than a strawman in your own mind OP?

ITT post your favourite battle systems.

Mine is Final Fantasy X's.

"Rpgs" In general have always been shit, so just tell the people who play them to fuck off and read book or go for a walk outside and hit shit with a stick for 500 hours. The Action Rpg was also really neglected due to Japanese devs being fucking morons and not realizing that bump mechanics are total shit. Thank fuck for the first Zelda.

everytime a new game comes out and it has isometric view i just don't even bother.

This board is for ages 18 and up, faggot.

FFVII is shit anyway, suck my balls.

What's especially funny about that line of reasoning is that the first games were real time, and turn-based was introduced later. In a lot of cases, it was because of tabletop gaming. The influence pen and paper games had on video games is criminally misunderstood by millenials.

Technically, even being born in 85 I'm a "millenial", but people seem to use millenial more often to describe people born in the 90's.