IMPRESSIVE

youtube.com/watch?v=xkntKOgnaTg

WOW THIS LOOKS INSANE. Much better than Zelda.

But can we please ignore that…

Thanks.

IMPRESSIVE

Why so negative? It might be a good game.

that 3ds bottom screen thing is adorable

how would the other way around work?

for example building a believable world instead of dumping trillion of monsters into a fuckhuge green valley that puts serious sam to shame

i mean how would you turn an mmorpg into something more like an rpg?

I'm not. I just hate gullible people and people falling for cheap marketing. The video makes it seem like it's a huge open world but in the end you can't climb shit and probably not even swim. They tried the same thing with FFXV and its world is just a generic, empty field of nothingness.

And people already compare it to Zelda which lets you interact with everything.

I'm sure it will be a decent game and definitely better than FFXV, though.

Zelda's an action game you faggot.

It's fucking Dragon Quest. What were you expecting? As for faggots comparing it to Zelda. Who cares. Zelda has been shit since it left the 2d realm.

user all open world games are empty and generic.

It's impossible to put detail in an open world. It always turn into MMO copypaste shit.

good
the open world meme needs to die
that shit doesn't belong in JRPGs

imagine the Morrowind multiplayer mods only with thousands of people online running around

But it's true.

nothing wrong with Tales of Overworld or the overworld of 8

it's not an open world game. It's an RPG with a world map.

You are forced to chose a style after a certain point but it can be changed in the menu. I'm going 2d all day.

Exactly.

In this case other games are pure diarrhoea since its gameplay, controls, level design, music, general variety is still superior to 99% the games out there.

This is what I thought as well. Then I played Xenoblade X. It gave me hope in open worlds and since Monolith Soft is also working on Zelda, gives me hope in its open world, too.

Exactly.

everquest?

Wakfu is shit but it's an attempt.

Damn this looks like the most garbage version of dbz I've ever seen. Please, take it to >>>/a/ along with all the other garbage.

We did it in the 90's. They weren't called "open world games", though, so you're sort of right: the distinctive characteristic of "open world games" in the modern sense are godawful, empty worlds. Games like Might & Magic and Wizardry had large, "open" worlds that were content-rich and detail dense, however.

Is "offline MMO" some kind of new standard for JRPGs?

no, it's a decade old standard.

Weebs will eat it up regardless due to brand loyalty and nostalgiafagging.
Fucking Xenoblade X looked more impressive and ambitious than this.

Not impossible. Just takes a ton of resources to make well. No devs either have the time or money for that when they can just make smaller, linear areas packed with a great deal of content.

I've been thinking about this too. The only difference between the world map in older RPGs and now is that one is more detailed than the other and allows for more exploration. But now people are calling this "open world" which doesn't really make much sense. It's like open world now just means "big zones".

Weren't some of those dungeon crawlers?

Dude what? Dragon Quest always had big maps outside of dungeons but they just weren't this detailed. IX introduced monsters that can be seen on the field and touching them caused combat. Suddenly this makes a game a offline MMORPG?

I don't think they were trying to make you believe it's open world , just that it looks nice.

Does the game get any better

Judging from the amounts of enemies on the field I really doubt there's going to be any transition between the field and the fights.

Why they didn't fired their 3D modelers already is a mystery to me

Is that character design by Toriyama?

Not really

No

What crawled up your cooch? This looks like one of the best JRPGs I seen in years. I prefer either random encounters or Chrono style set encounters but this way is fine too.
Implying that Dragon Quest 8 is a bad or boring game.

It actually looks alright.

Let's hope SE localization doesn't make the girl who fights unarmed/with kicks have Ze and Xir pronounse.

That's what's worrying me too. Of course it's more likely they'll just give her some damn stupid accent.

I love Xenoblade X, bit using it as an example of Open World done right is a bad idea. It's literally just open fields with a few cliffs and hills that have monsters spawned everywhere. Basically a typical MMO.

Also, post more Elma.

If it's british like VIII, then I think it might be alright. I quite liked those. And the ones in Xenoblade Chronicles and Last Story.

What the fuck does that have anything to do with what he posted? If it wasn't for the fact that you saged and have more than one post I would have guessed that you were the bot.

kys

This is a JRPG you boy fondling twit.

Exactly, you boy fondling twit.

They both started out as dungeon crawlers, but gradually shifted to bigger and bigger worlds. Wizardry I'd say stayed closest to the spirit of still being dungeon crawlers, the overworld still felt chock-a-bloc with enemies everywhere and not many towns. Might & Magic became increasingly about the overworld, to the extent that starting with MM7 people started to complain that the dungeons weren't nearly as complicated as they used to be.

Why are you even in this thread? Go make one for whatever games enlightened games such as yourself play.
Fuck off.

I will, but not before telling you that your taste are shit.

I don't know if that's a good or bad thing. One one hand, it's pretty immersive and if the environment can be used to either monster/player's advantage it might be pretty cool. Like fighting in a small hallway makes it so all enemies are now in a group. On the other hand, will they now have to tone down the more flashy and ridiculous spells like Firevolt, Magic Burst, and Gigaslash? Something that meets both halfway would be ideal.

That's pretty interesting. I'm still new to dungeon crawlers myself since I've really just played handheld games. Saying that, it's still a pretty niche genre with barely any new games.

Is this your first time dealing with a shitposter on the internet? Report and ignore you dork..

I just don't want them to cut the loli.

They've been shoving brit shit in every port and new game. The only saving grace for DQXI will be if it's voiced dialogue.

One thing I don't like is that you don't get any Ogress or Dwarf party members.

Hey, the censorship was only in the non-Japanese releases (the Japanese release had DLC but knowing Monolith they needed the extra time to finish it because they can't fucking get a game on time. Still jewish that it had to be paid for though.), and the performance was pretty much fine, at least in my experience. You're right on the fucking retarded story, it doesn't even set up anything for a sequel hardly.

Sounds like you haven't played it and using this picture to bash it is very 2015.

Every corner of its world is handcrafted and there are always unique assets when you turn around. Meanwhile you can let your friend place you anywhere in Witcher 3 and probably wouldn't know where the fuck you are even after 200 hours of playtime because it's just so generic.

Nocturnum and Primordia are also extremely vertical which is uncommon for open worlds.

It'll be shit if it's anything like IX. Also

Nigger what? Witcher 3 has plenty of different "zones" within its world areas. Velen has swamps, lakes, island chains, tended fields, different hill regions with different flora, forests with different trees and thickness. If you can't figure out where you are in TW3 after a few hours in Velen just by looking at the scenery you must need that colour coded "fire world, ice world, desert world" shit.

Guess the Switch wasn't enough to redpill them.

When talking about open world design on its own merit, XCX does look good. It's the shit writing, the memes, and the censorship, unrelated to said world design, that lets it all down. The combat itself is hit and miss, I personally didn't mind it but I wouldn't want to see it used as is in any follow-up game without some changes.

Good thing you specifically mentioned world design instead of character design.

If you actually played the damn game instead of posting an old ass picture you should know what shes not short like that, but her outfits are still censored though.

was spot on with his analysis, take that from an user with 248 hours in the game.

Please to be of stop, poster of the anonymous

Why do liberals love Muslims again?

I'd always recognize the ugly swamp area with the sweets in the trees and maybe that forest upper right corner but otherwise I'd need key locations for orienation like that witch mountain or one of the three big towns/villages.

So we can just make laws based around our fetishes as long as we tie it to religion?

I think you're either retarded or don't know the assets are hand placed in TW3 as well.
I have no trouble finding my way around.
There's just a lot of foliage.

in XBX you just always know exactly where you are because the game just uses way more unique assets that stick out and has way more of those "key locations".

Sometimes you don't know where you are just because the level design is so confusing because it actually has too many unique assets/"key locations", specifically that jungle. Second pic.

Why is Holla Forums so much more degenerate than 4chan?

Why can't the japs or any dev for that matter, copy Skyrim properly? Their open world is always extremely bland and lifeless. Is the Todd Howard formula really that hard to replicate?

Its owned and run by fucking jews.
What fucking rock have you been under?

Because this place is actually free.

I loved reddit in the beginning with minimal moderation and oversight but when normalfags show up and money needs to be made it all goes down hill fast. No more pedos pirates or hackers. Like what is the point?

Considering the setting of the Witcher games. You're comparing an alien sci-fi futuristic world with giant monsters and bizarre landscapes to a high fantasy setting with swords and shields. One is much closer to an alternate Earth and the other is specifically made to be bizarre and unfamiliar.

Because 4chan is now full of normalfags besides /d/. We never established our own /d/ so people just made many boards based on their niche fetish. We also have a dedicated loli and furry board. Loli is only allowed on Holla Forums for some reason. Or how /d/ allows for no bestiality but fucking a unicorn is just fine because it's "mythical". I would rather have each degenerate have their own degenerate board than non of it being allowed to not hurt the feelings of people who can easily avoid said boards.

?

not since Jim took ownership and Holla Forums was invaded by retarded extremists.

we are controlled opposition at most now.

but Jim has owned the site since December 2014 you fucking tard.

Well yeah the good old days of trying to pirate Naruto and come up with a stash of CP is over. The internet passed it's Wild West phase.

IT'S OVER

Holla Forums IS FINISHED

TIME TO GO BACK TO 4CHAN AND #CLOSETHEGATE

you're both faggots

Skyrim has a lot of npc and wildlife ai, there's a lot of items to be found, it's not that bland and lifeless. Other devs took bland and lifeless to a whole new level.

say that to the malware ads on Holla Forums right now

jim was hands off until josh told him to fuck off and that he couldn't close up the source of the new software
funny how a community developer (odili) was able to fix the problem with off the shelf software and we didn't use it because it would mean that there was no reason for jim's shitty underpaid asian workforce to touch anything and it wouldn't make sense to close it up
btw, another one of jim's sites experienced a large breach within the last two months
that's probably why they felt the need to run scummy ads, they need the money, had to rebuild the whole thing from scratch due to south east asian AIDS

Like Diablo?

i miss these good old days

not enough
also top down

Enough, Diablo actually had good dungeons, unlike skyrim
Then go wild with Wizardry, M&M, Gothic and STALKER.

Stop deleting my picture, you fucking kikes.

islam seems pretty good on text

Shove your terrible anti-semitism in your butthole. There are good jewish people, and they are our benefactors. Also Mark is the best jew around there.

it's fucking baby's first bait tier, hope it gets deleted again

Have you played Diablo 1?

this better be bait

Have you?

Are you saying all Hitler had to do was stop Photoshop?

All Hitler had to do is not to rip apart Molotov–Ribbentrop Pact and not attack russia during winter. Then i would had any respect towards him.

Also dragon quest sucks dragon age's and baldur's gate dick.

Do not fall for that meme. Liberals do not love anything, they only hate White men and themselves. As usual, everything they say is the opposite of reality.

I'll fite you fgt

What happens when Toriyama designs Zelda?

Zeldo happens.

The soviets were massive fucktards. It was a horrible strategy to break relations with the soviets, but they were such hooknose kikes I have no problem of them being killed.

I don't know why games show off their landscapes, since you can't even interact with them. I don't see trees and mountains, I just see big giant 50 feet walls that you can't climb.

You should try Kingdom Come: Deliverance. When i seen the terrain it was like completely alien to me, for terrain to have no designer's "borders".

See now that looks good.

I refuse to believe that's real.

I swear the colours never looked quite this rich while I was playing. Even so, the world was undeniably gorgeous despite how much of a clusterfuck the rest of it was.

To believe this I was just stuck in way too many holes in Witcher 3 and had to reload my save file and I just saw too many grass mashes floating in the air and not even having contact to the ground and there is just too much empty "muh realistic" space.

You know your TV has a vivid mode or you can at least increase colors/contrast manually, right?

This has nothing to do with dungeons nigger.

Gothic's npc's are quite immersive, but the ai isn't as dynamic and the freedom is utterly lacking. STALKER has better AI, but also really bland world. Wizardry and M&M are old and bland.

It runs at around 20fps on top end hardware and there's nothing to do in the game as of yet.
Typical early acess rubbish.

rednecks are muzzies confirmed

It means if he married her to another man while young. Not if he married her.

Isn't that Cernovitch?

This is the whole point. Why have huge openworlds if they only exist to make the game "open world" and what not. Why not make a smaller but reactive world, where shit that you do matters?

That kampfy kid looks fucking disgusting. Maybe not Jewish, but he definitely has something biologically wrong with him.

Because it sells and it's easy to advertise. It's easier to hit people's curiosity with how large a world is and how they can interact with it. We, who are have dealt with games for a great deal of our life, can usually tell what a world has to offer on a basic level just by how they're designed. The masses don't know this. They're just imagining all the cool adventures they're going to have. Anyone here who has played Dragon Quest knows that what you interact with are the NPCs and not the terrain surrounding you. The locations are given more personality thanks to the NPCs, which DQ games do better than many RPGs (besides the Legend of Heroes series or most Falcom RPGs).

A small area with a ton of detail will be washed over by the masses. It's harder to advertise how much detail goes into 1 town on a video.

No, I was just in a bad mood at the time and I wanted to take it out on someone that deserved it.

You're not even trying now, dipshit.

Ive been playing DQ6 and 8 a little bit and im wondering that do i need to grind in these games or do i just suck at the bosses?

Are you running away from random battles?

No, i do fight always when there is monsters incoming, but for example i got stuck in the first encounter with Murdaw (thought i don't remember it well anymore).

Maybe im doing something horribly wrong..

6 is one of the harder ones in the series, even with grinding.

Dragon age got away with it so why not?

I wish the wild west would come back.

I don't think there is anything you can do except disconnect from the the whole thing. Don't contribute or create anything that the compromised systems can use to keep themselves alive.
Normalfags don't really create anything they just consume. Just look at the shitty OC that places like reddit an tumblr come up with.

You can market anything.
Gamedevs are just clueless and lazy.

DON'T

TRUST

PRE-PUBLIC LAUNCH

FOOTAGE

For fucks sake, how many times do I have to fucking autistically sperge out about this? Don't trust any footage that isn't after public release of the game, footage prior to that lies. Wait for the game to come out, find a no-commentary let's play of it that's got that graphics cranked up to the highest graphic settings and set the youtube video quality up to highest, and look at that to get an accurate depiction of how the game looks. Because all this shit, this pre-alpha this, early beta that, is nonsense bullshit that designed to get the attention of fucking loser normal faggots who love being lied to because they don't have the fucking passion for their hobby to look into it and get fucking informed about this shit fucking industry.

Fuck you OP, fuck you for making me this mad and double fuck you for being who you are you piece of shit faggot.

Someone post the screencap of Mark & Friends dedicated 15 hours of their time banning things left and right.

you don't think he was actually praising it, do you?

I wouldn't buy it, but games like these are valuable as research and development. In the past, they'd up and try to make it a tech demo for a new way to handle map design and terrain.

Well it was about feeding her and shit. It was implied that father pays all the expenses instead of selling her. Not only fucking her. Fucking your daughter is basically charity!

I agree about Xenoblade and Xenoblade X having unique environments; it's one of the biggest reasons I like both games even if Xenoblade X was more or less an exercise in HD development for Monolith Soft while challenging themselves to make a big world. It's too bad they emphasized those aspects in its development while letting story and plot take a backseat role…then again, NOA took over the localization process so maybe that was for the best.

You realize that if you're trying to realistically replicate any decently sized map you're going to end up with a lot of empty space since most of the Earth is just that nothing. Really this is just taking those big maps that are a staple of all globe trotting rpg escapades and making a more accurate representation of it. I don't get why people get so antsy over 'empty space' in games do you people seriously need 'stuff' shoved in your faces at every opportunity.

Because the real world isn't empty.

Open world games are cookie cutter sandboxes and I'm not impressed.

The environments, maybe. The hero, no. Freeze-frame any moment of BOTW, and Link looks like an animated character. Freeze-frame any moment of this, and that character looks like a plastic toy. The damn horse even reminds me of that "Charlie the Unicorn" video.

Any idea is the pc port good?