Corporate user thread

>there's a segment in the video where there's an animated bit about how ENTREPRENEURS CAN DO ANYTHING

my /uni/ has a business school. sometimes I go in there for fun. It's funny cause all the people there act so friendly to one another but of course they're getting a degree in backstabbing essentially. They've got banners hanging from the wall that say shit like DIVERSITY, INGENUITY, INNOVATION, COMPETITION, INTEGRITY, big glass walls with posters showing off the new foreign craze they're gonna be selling (recently it's been some Japanese asthetic).

It's like all the soullessness of neoliberalism in one building. Every time I go in there I start to feel like a nazi. I don't hate other races, but when neolibs do diversity and modern-ness I just wanna put a stop to it. They're fuckin horrible. Capitalism was a mistake.

My company goes on all day about how we're a family and this is OUR business and then they give us a 2 per cent raise after posting two and a half billion dollars in profit for the quarter

Then during our morning meetings they want us to say why we like working here

Lucky quads will protect your position comrade. Job security and promotions are surely in your future.

Reminder that only 6% of the population is self-employed, and that number is falling.

I think the superficiality and smugness of neoliberalism is the cause of a lot of young people turning to Holla Forums style shit. I guess it feels more authentic, even if it's just a different brand of bullshit.

kek

What do you tell them in these morning meetings?

How humiliating.

Or perhaps your boss really believes in the ideology and really thinks that you did "good work"?

There must be some way how even prole like me can became porky. I just need to find some way to eliminate some working positions with some automatization and not be cuckerberged because I have no money. Aghhh…

Is that supposed to make it better?

fuck ideology, i need food. revolution is not gonna happen soon and I am hungry. I need to try again at least 2-3 projects before I give up.

Goddamn it is one thing to fuck someone over, it is another to get them to like it

We got new directives on how overstocked items should be stored and so I had to restack a bunch of surplus merchandise. The manager brought the whole team over to show them "what a good job I did." "Good work user."

I don't think he was trying to humiliate me but that's how I felt. It's just stacking boxes for the sake of merciful Christ. I don't need to get a literal standing ovation for something a child could do.

Whenever I hear this (which was often back when I worked as an underpaid data analyst), I would jokingly say "can I get a pay rise then?"

My manager would always laugh and say "no".

But again, this is like being cucked I'd imagine, it's like if someone fucked your lover and he would smugly tell you how good she was.

No, you are the one who is porky.
also
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I worked in logistics and was involved in auditing stock integrity and material input losses at a factory.

I don't think you understand what porky means or what a data analyst does.

Does a data analyst analyze data?

Sounds bourgeois as fuck to me.

Yup, I was having to verify and write up weekly reports and make presentations to upper management on why stock was disappearing (£2 million worth of stock was written off as unaccounted prior to the year I left).

I was paid 1.2x the minimum wage back then and it was a very stressful job and quit when I noticed that KFC were paying their staff as much as me.

Do you understand what bourgeois means?

Yeah, middle managers like you who push pencils instead of contributing.

See flag

Yup, you don't know what bourgeois is.

Read a motherfucking book.

triggered
sorry which specific infallible definition of bourgeois are you talking about, because historically it means middle class ie not actual workers

Oh shit you're one of those people who tells other people about their own theory despite misinterpreting their terms.

Since this is now pretty much a wage slave thread I'll contribute:
JUST.

that's what it started out as

Bump. Post your wage slave stories here comrades.

I can't get buy the captcha

lol

I work for a public cultural institution.

I'll never engage in wagecuckery

Just a little bit ago I had to listen to a memo that went something like

And all the while I'm thinking THEN WHY DOES THE CEO MAKE TEN MILLION DOLLARS A YEAR WHILE I MAKE TEN-TWENTY AN HOUR

Someday these fuckers will burn and I just hope I live to see it

You fucking idiot, read a fucking book.

Newsflash CEO's don't necessarily own any means of production either. But hey let's cut the guy some slack just because he's just part of the petit-bourgeois that directly collaborates with the bourgeois to fuck over the workers, he's had a hard life, just ask his maid. One of us!

What the fuck are you even trying to say