Should physical education be required in schools?

Should physical education be required in schools?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K8ysFNYcq4k
youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCM06k8yfc
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=DA0DA85D05077A55C991E9E947A380D1
pzimediadesign.nl/av/FlorianCramer-AltRight-2016_11_28.mp4
youtube.com/watch?v=Vk31dSwZHVw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

yes

Yes. With special focus on the education part.

Give a man a gym membership, and he'll waste years doing useless workouts while making porky rich.
Teach a man efficient fitness and strength training, and he'll be fit for a lifetime for no money.

The whole thing could be taught in one lesson, but instead it was all ball and team sports which I fucking hated.

Fitness yes, sports should be optional.

Especially team sports.
No surprise that nearly all the introverts (50%?) hated them.

Anything made in teams/groups should be abolished from schools and I mean anything not just sports.

Sport is good for building teamwork, comradeship and healthy competitiveness.

youtube.com/watch?v=K8ysFNYcq4k

youtube.com/watch?v=7ZCM06k8yfc

I'm introverted but I've always enjoyed football and most sports

you mean >>>Holla Forums ?

But much Jew Bernie or mcmuffin or the other candidates long forgotten could have did another thing!

The """Left-Wing""" of the current political landscape is economically corporatist and everything an actual leftist should hate.

Right wing populists actually do what the working class demands from them.

not only was he a democrat, but he was a shitty one. he practically caused the recession after his presidency with the corrupt and careless bills he signed, and the economy was only strong during him because the cold war had ended, and because of silicon valley

Ban the bots. The topic is physical education in schools.

I'm pretty fuckin bothered desu, gatoradebro.

It totally threw her. Her entire reason for existing was in doubt.

So yes, I'd do it if you're the sort of guy that women like. Otherwise they won't care. But if you're rich/good looking/popular/notable in some way, and you ignore their tactics, it will have them in knots.

I asked him why he did it and he said he thought she needed knocking down a bit.

sounds like you've already come to your conclusion. Good thread

Not an argument

woah not bad

If nobody comes to you directly, volunteer for the next charity thing they organize. I'm in a rather big historical church so I just did some presentation for tourists. Should set things in motion. Even if there is no interesting girl at hand, church going people often have large families and even larger extended families and on the lookout for marriage material.

Okay, im going to say this is a fat person who has lost lots of weight, then gained it back, twice in my life.
Being fat fucking sucks.
Women ignore you, i live in Texas, Texas is no place for a fat man in the summer.
When i did lose weight i got lots of compliments, i got women checking me out, i felt healthier, i had less back problems.

I think it is important to teach physical fitness based on my experiences, this fat acceptance movement in the left fucking disgusts me.

All of that being said, i was the guy who never dressed out in PE and hung out with the goth kids near the bleachers instead of doing anything.
I only came to value health later in life when i became a NEET and got bored enough to research healthy eating, exercise and yoga

What I get from this post is that NEET allows you to pursue self-improvement.
Especially when combined with knowledge and/or autodidactic skills.

well yeah, especially with the internet.
I can read philosophy and history and the occult, and political books.
I have taught myself how to make paintings and do photography, i have read how to properly write short stories and novels, i could probably teach myself other languages or computer programming, but im too dumb, lazy, i taught myself poetry too.

I have not left the house in like 5 years and never had a job and live in the middle of fucking nowhere.

Seriously? Christ

I've never been fat, played plenty of sport at school. Still never so much as kissed a girl.

Could you get a job right now if you went looking for one?

Not being a social autist is the most important part.

I think its too late, ill probably kill myself eventually so i dont care.
I only ever loved one woman in my life and she is married to someone else now.
Maybe ill be a hobo.
I dont really value my life all that much.
My brothers a photographer, he does wedding videos for a living, maybe ill do that.

I dont think i was made for normal life.

I'm not that autistic though. More awkward people than me have had gfs

there are two components to being attractive, the physical and the psychological.
Human beings are attracted to good looking people and things.
If you look healthy, dress good, people would be more physically attracted to you.
Its not that hard.

but I think I do

You shouldn't take memes so seriously, most NEETs are absolutely miserable and spend their entire day doing absolutely nothing productive. Just because you technically have the time to do so doesn't mean jackshit if you don't have the inner drive, which I assure is not magic fairy dust that you just "conjure up".

I'm not the recovered fatty, but I'd say it's virtually impossible to get a job here.
Not without getting horribly exploited, and losing the will to live.

Middle of fucking nowhere, sold car to my ex. Zero public transport. Even if I did move to the city, the job market is saturated with cucks racing to the bottom of neoliberalism.

On the plus side I have loads of time to get fit/strong, read, and I've just finished adding a bathroom en-suite to my NEET floor so it's super comfy now.

Most definitely.

That self-employed one is also a meme though.
A lot of "self" employment is cornered by agencies.
And the system, especially in America, is rigged against self-employment with their health insurance system, and Byzantine tax returns.

Your brother is a good lad.

'>>1136302
Maybe you just don't have the right attitude towards women, fam, instead of making a bunch of other assumptions i will recommend you a book about just that

The advice in this book werked for me.
For some reason i can't paste the link but you can find it in libgen.

LET ME POST HOTWHEELS*

Since i can post now the thing the book is about is that physical attraction varies too much, specially with women, status and money are not that important, what matters is being honest and straightforward about what you want, posturing and all.
gen.lib.rus.ec/book/index.php?md5=DA0DA85D05077A55C991E9E947A380D1

I don't even know what I want

None of us who are leftists are built for a normal life, comrade. But since you don't care about yours that much don't you think about getting ready for the revolution so you can string up porky? The way things are it can't be that far off.
that is what i tell myself at least

Do you want to kiss a girl and maybe get a quality relationship?

Yes

I don't think it's possible to have a "quality" relationship within the capitalist system.

Then give that attitude change a try, you got nothing to lose, user.

I listen to my boy Badiou. Love is a reality lived by and constructed by two people, it is entirely possible to at least have a relationship that makes both happy within that construction.

Yes but the education system needs a fundamental overhaul, so I'd have to go into that to explain how to properly include physical education.

The big takeaway is this people are very ignorant of how their bodies work. All kids should get a good working knowledge of nutrition, fitness, and general health.

Everyone should go through basic military training as well, not because they'll necessarily go into the military, but so they will know how to defend their shit and/or fight bourgeoisie.

It was a great relationship though. Completely unspooked and free.
Then we moved, she became a wagecuck and starting talking in corporate speak.
I went home and became a NEET. The end.

that's a massive waste of resources

This, we are struggling to lobby for free education but we should instead somehow find a way to waste money on a vanity project like conscription.

A purely bourgeois concept. Institutionalized education would be unnecessary in a fully socialized society.

so how will people learn?

Kill yourself

To be fair, why should we waste money on hobby subjects like art, drama and music at schools when class sizes for subjects that facilitate social mobility such as English, maths and science are oversubscribed.

How does the capitalist era proletariat benefit from investments in interpretive dance, film studies etc when healthcare and public services in general are poorly funded?

What would they need to learn? Professions can be learned by doing. Anyone motivated enough can seek other learned people to tutor them.

Basic numeracy, literacy etc

Basic stuff like that can easily be taught by the adults/caretakers in the household/commune, especially when they aren't burdened by the needs to wageslaving.

You can't have a proper physical education system under capitalism. like
describes

Otherwise it just individualizes us, and turns into each of us into someone training themselves to be a good proletariate ready for the workforce.

fitness is bourgeois 95% of the time in this society

the proletariate could learn there is more to being human than work-sleep-eating if they are introduced to things like interpretive dance, film, art.

it is a humanist argument, but they might start realizing they are not just homo economicus

I hated team sports until I started playing with friends. It was more of a bullying situation than a problem with team sports themselves, as it was forcing me to have to interact with people who'd prefer just to shit on me.

Yes

How do you afford it? I'm interested in this kind of lifestyle but I've never understood how all these NEETs I see on imageboards afford to feed themselves etc.

schools should be abolished, as should families and birth.

How pretentious and aloof you are to think so lowly of the working classes. they're certainly not angels either but they're more than capable of finding their own hobbies and figuring out what is fun without your concern.

The lack of opportunities I had at a poorly funded state school did not stop me from pursuing art, music and sports (amateur competitive weightlifting) in my own time.

From my experience I find the confines of an academic institution the antithesis of personal self-enrichment as it's always fed to you in a condescending funnel and narrow set of parameters. It strangles the individualist spirit and encourages conformity rather than fraternity.

In any case I do concede that until we have post-scarcity, aspiring artists from poorer families and the like will be limited and stunted in their potential and pursuit of happiness. I can sympathise to this extent as my mother would have never paid for my gym membership had I been interested in weightlifting in my childhood or even buy me a guitar (she got me a shitty plastic recorder to be fair and unwittingly university level textbooks on palaeontology because they were on sale and I was a big Jurassic Park fan).

Fuckin' Khan Academy and shit.

what's wrong with team sports?

Not him, but schools place way way too much emphasis on team sports. It's not that team sports are bad in and of themselves; it's that schools will sometimes put half their budget or more into team sports.

I assume you're American?

You assume correctly.

Yes, alongside sex ed, hygiene, and nutrition.

And economics and psychology

Let's not bite off more than we can chew at once now…

If we put the current math/science/lit/history in its place as not the center of everything, we will have plenty of room.

I only meant that what I had listed all belongs to 'education of the body' so to speak. Wouldn't wanna make the children learn about scarcity, and reprerepression, and so on and so forth, while they are bouncing around, learning about how to properly ejaculate.

That reminds me, penis inspection day is a physical educator's favourite part of the year.

yes, but less playing like football and such. more focus on stamina and strength(maybe a bit army like), also have them learn about a healthy diet.

So why are you so lonely fucking loser? Why I got a norwegian gf and you got nobody? Cuz you cant dance you faggot. You know im right. Youre a fucking loser lol.

He meant stop being a cuck and get back with the program.

>pzimediadesign.nl/av/FlorianCramer-AltRight-2016_11_28.mp4

To be pro-Israel is to be pro-ethnostate
To be pro-ethnostate is to be racist.

Are you a racist Jewboy?

Trump will never be the nominee.
Trump will never win the election.

Speaking as someone who was 'that kid' in PE, never got involved, made the teacher's life difficult, hated being there in the first place…

No.

It's simply not effective to the majority of students in actually making them fit, especially those who don't wanna be there, which at that age is the majority of them.

What I think should be done is that children should be able to make a choice - they can either go do their PE fun times and get involved in sports, which by all means is great, but if they dont want to do it then there's no point in them being there in the first place, so they may as well spend that time doing something productive, like have an hour of reading instead.

That's just my view at least.

This song sums up Holla Forums pretty well.

youtube.com/watch?v=Vk31dSwZHVw

No fuck that. There were always the special snowflakes who opted out of stuff with a letter from mommy.

Chinese style callisthenics on the other hand is a great idea. No forced team sports, just a short bought of goal oriented exercise. Sure it was obvious some of the kids weren't giving it 100%, but it's not like there was any peer pressure to do so.

Yea but the majority of special snowflakes couldnt get letters, myself included, and whenever they did, you just sat there and watched, instead of doing something actually productive.

Your alternative dosnt solve the problem either. If the kids dont want to be there and they arnt actually pushing themselves physically, what's the point of them being there? There is none, they gain nothing.

Kids are retards would opt-out, then drink a can of coke for lunch. Not a good idea to give them negative choices.

How about learning to swim? That's on the national curriculum of many countries, and it's a great idea.
Total waste of time for me, because I was already the strongest swimmer in my class my a mile, but the time "wasted" was minimal.

Choice man. It's good in theory, but I've seen deregulated schools going off to do their own thing, and it's a shitfest. Phasing choices in only as kids become more mentally mature is the best way.

That reminds me. Is that medical inspection from anime just a meme/fetish, or do they really inspect little kids bodies in Japan?

I never said 'let the kids do what they want', I was thinking more of an extra structured academic session. Maybe not an actual class even, but just reading about a subject they enjoy, idfk.