Serious Sam thread

What is the best Serious Sam level and why is it Dunes?

Other urls found in this thread:

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266062550
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

they've modded in the models, hud and textures from the port

Anyone know if there are any mods that let you crank up the enemy count in Serious Sam 3 simlar to Parse Error or Insamnity?

There's a mod that lets you add an enemy multiplier

steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=266062550

Where's Serious Sam 4 FUCK

NEVER
==FUCKING=
EVER
HOPE YOU ENJOYED SERIOUS SAM "TOTALLY NOT 4" VR

happy 5th birthday, SS3

Joking aside, level design and maps are 90% complete, but the main focus for the next 3 months is on the VR game.

don't make me feel old

Does anyone else love The First Encounter, but find The Second Encounter somewhat disappointing?

They aren't. They said they will do it eventually. There's a difference between toying with ideas in your passtime and having an active project.

I enjoyed SS2 and you can too if you get sound mods and skip all cutscenes

Aside from Babylon its great

What's wrong with Babylon?

Enemy mix and level design is all over the place and not really pleasant to the eye.

I will fight you.

Played the Second Encounter HD as my first Sam game not too long ago. It has this weird arcade plus FPS style that just meshes nicely with things.

My one complaint through the entire game was probably the bouncing room. It just felt cheap as shit and not that fun, imo.

Why? You're making a thread for a game that could be fun to discuss and then you make the thread like you're template shitposting on cuckchan

Still looks like shit compared to the previous and successive zones its sandwiched inbetween.

The man, the boy and the donkey

who exactly is pleased by cuckchan template threads?

Why you gotta be a pedantic little shit about it? People ARE discussing Serious Sam.

Because it's a massive shame that cuckchan template posting is accepted and it shouldn't be. Making an original OP is not hard and doesn't take time. With cuckchan OPs comes cuckchan threads. This one might not be but when you accept it in one place, others will soon follow.

I love the 2nd Encounter more.

I love the new enemies, the levels and the sniper rifle and the flamethrower makes short work of kleers.

I love how all serious sam games had kickass last level and bossfight music all throughout the series. Even in serious sam 2 that most think to be the weakest entry, theres loads of amazing music. Actually, the entirety of the SS2 soundtrack is good while in the other games you usually only get bongo drums and flutes during regular levels. In my opinion SS2 has the best soundtrack in the series.

I actually prefer Sams character design in 2 over the others since it gives him a more recognizable and memorable silhouette

I think you need to go outside a little user

Bare in mind Serious Sam's design in SS1 was literally a placeholder. It was something they added when they were developing the actual player character's model.

When they implemented the new model all of the developers disliked it and wanted a return of the placeholder. The model they didn't use ended up being a player model called "Hilarious Harry" and dubbed in game as "the model formerly known as Sam"

SS2 isn't even a bad game, it's just that the "plot" and every cutscene and npc is pants on head retarded, and some of the weapons look and sound like DOGSHIT
If you skip all cutscenes, disregard all npcs and get some mods to fix the visuals and audio, you will find a really damn solid shooter underneath the crap

There was also how the game was literally held back because of consoles. Like the game had noticeably smaller and less open maps and had much smaller mobs than TFE or TSE. It was because Croteam built the game for it's original Xbox port which sold worse than the PC version.

The mobs issue was something fixed with Insamnity but the lackluster levels are only made up for by relatively good art direction for the time.

I would also say that the first half of the game is painfully slow and it doesn't start to get good until after a while into it.

That design looks generic as fuck. Good call on Croteams part.

[ Bell Tolls ]

forgot image

This is by far my favourite level and song in the series. Its just this epic scale final battle the completely escalates later on what with the meteor shower and everything going on while seeing the cathedral in the distance. Its amazing.

SS3: BFE is fucking fantastic

I wonder what Croteam has in store for fans.

Now introducing a completely new shooter from the creators of serious sam: Joking James

They've said they listened to how their fans didn't like how BFE took place in Egypt. So at least they're going to vary the level design

Now introducing a Sam shooter inspired by nuDoom, starring Canned Cain as the new lead character.