Dungeon Rats

Hey guys, Iron Tower Studios made a pure party-based dungeon-crawler out of the Age of Decadence setting and engine. If you're unfamiliar with AoD, the game is a low fantasy, turn-based, tactical RPG (no mages). Anyway it's an indie game that came out like two weeks ago, it's $9, and I'm wondering if anyone here is playing it.

Site: irontowerstudio.com/dungeon-rats-news
GOG: gog.com/game/dungeon_rats

It's also on Steam if you're a faggot.

ib4 shill hunters and antirpg squad
it's on my backlog

Are they still working on Age of Decadence? I thought it was unfinished.

What? Age of Decadence was released last year.

Yarr, for lazy cunts.
magnet:?xt=urn:btih:83401EB274084B5630BC031AE11D98D0A6865C2A&tr=http%3A%2F%2Fbt.t-ru.org%2Fann%3Fmagnet

It's not like Holla Forumse're short on those m80

Shit I noticed about Dungeon Rats:

1) Crafting is good. Especially if you use block. If you are not playing solo though, you're better off designating one of your party members as a crafting and alchemy mule and only bringing him along to train his crafting skills.
2) Unless you are ranged or using 2H spears, you really need a defense skill (dodge or block) if you are playing murderous psychopath mode.
3) Shields still give bonuses to dodge builds. Obviously you can't block for the DR value, but the extra avoidance versus ranged and crit defense still gets added to a dodge character. If you're playing solo, shields are basically a must-have to avoid getting hit.
4) You cannot poison the fucking ants at the start.
5) Crits push weapon mastery effects off the attack table. If you like crit, use a dagger or spear. Do not use normal weapons. You can't get supercrits from swinging an axe, but if you have an axe you wont need crit either.

Other stuff… High charisma not only increases your party size but lets you recruit better party members. If you are using Quintus of the 3 stooges, please equip him with the fucking sword you just looted instead of the dagger he comes with, skill his block a bit, and craft him a better shield and heavy set of scorpion armor. If you do that he is actually a solid fighter instead of a fucker who does garbage damage and dies fast.

It's about as unfinished as Eye of the Beholder (i.e, not at all).

More on topic, the real thing we should be talking about is Vince's space RPG.

The space RPG is still in development though. There's not even a beta or video out yet.

another shitty low-budget turn-based shitgame

Eh, no thanks.

Well shit, no buy

DID SOMEONE SAY RATS?

Its getting one last update soon

Also here are my portraits

Wait, seriously? What's the update gonna be?

Played it, it fills the itch.

That term doesn't mean what you think it means

Mostly gameplay updates from dungeon rats Should come out in December-January.

Where did you get that old man's pic? I need for concept art reasons!

There's magic, just no mages.

Actually, if it's anything like Age of Decadence, there ARE mages. I haven't played Dungeon Rats yet though.
It's just that the "mages" in AoD are not the "fireball-slinging-barbarians-in-robes" mages you get in standard RPG's.
They're sages and wise except for one guy who scams you out of your money that live in towers and study shit.
Obviously, it doesn't make for a very interesting character to play as but even then you had a background to be one anyway. Just travel from place to place, collecting relics drowning in that well because you didn't pick constitution and talk to interesting people.
Loremaster was also a great way to find a lot of info you didn't get in the other playghtroughs.
You only had to be a bit carefull to avoid combat though, since Loremasters fight as well as a paper sack armed with a butter knife.

Where are the Skaven?

That gif has always and will always sum up the entire RPGcodex. It's even amazing that they adopted it aswell. It's like they KNOW they are shit.

Codex represents the current state of rpgs and vidya in general.

lol serves you right

Is this another vicious kick in the balls?

They do, they just embraced it instead of trying to fight an uphill battle against the cancer. Like Holla Forums.

But if they don't fight, they don't earn XP

According to nu obisidan, you shouldn't get xp from combat anyway.

What's the source of XP then?
Grinding gay men in a bar?

Even with combat-only focused characters I would get my shit wrecked halfway into the game, I have little faith in this one to be honest.

Honestly it's the only other decent place on the internet, I don't understand the rather recent hate over it.

Already beaten it 3 times. First time solo ironman easy Axe/Dodge pirated the game, then I got it on steam and did 2nd playthrough with 8 cha and the 3rd with 10 cha… Because you need 10 cha…

Virtue signalling.

The first few characters you make are kinda "I'm exploring the engine and what I can do".
After that you shoudl really start again, focus a lot on combat and use the shit you find around.
I managed to win that arena in the second city, and from that point onward, I was pretty much a living legend. Enough that some guys in the third city really wanted to kill me to prove a point.
As powerfull as I was, I still couldn't beat one of the gods, and I'm ashamed to see that some guy on youtube did it while naked using his bare fists

Also, RPGcodex gets a lot of hate for embracing the stupidity of shitposting without fighting back. It's one thing to pretend to be a retard among people who pretend to be retards aswell. It's a very diferent to simply accept that as "the way things should be".
It's still a fun place to visit, and some of them do write some good articles.
The one demolishing Fallout 3 stands as some of the best analysis I've read about a videogame. The one about 4 too.

I NEVER ever heard someone say something good about that guy. Avellone is praised for writing and attention to detail for instance. Usually after a few years in the industry, everyone gets at least a passing praise.
That guy is just "the bioware" guy. Nothing else.

Which leads me to believe he's a talentless guy or worse, an ideas guy. Must be hell working with him.

I only hope the same thing does not happen to me when I'm older turning into a low test betamale faggot. Who thinks they can 'balance' games but end up fucking up everything.

I still can't name a single good crpg that was actually balanced.

Did you even see the new one he worked on you can hit crits for 1.2k (max con person has 300 max health and like 20 dr) if you do cheesy specs and make spells that instagib people.

Let's see that homo balance that.

Sawyer is the worst kind of idea guy, the type that gets to implement his bullshit in the games themselves. The entire alphabet and language used in Pillars was designed by him, the system itself was designed by him, and most of the shit written in the game was written by his cronies and approved by him while Avellone's work got cut off short.

It also helps that Avellone was the lead writer for KOTOR2 - AKA the best written video game out there - and major work on Alpha Protocol - AKA the best game in regards to actions and consequences. Obsidian has a splendid track record when you only take into consideration Avellone's share of work.

He's done some quality work for example in Icewind Dale and New Vegas but it was always when he worked under/with other people. When he gets too much control he produces shit like PoE, Honest Hearts (aka the shittiest NV DLC) and spergs about representation of women in video games.

Ok , but what is there to replace it with? Is it just melee and ranged weapons?

Alchemy, crafting n shit

Out

Okay, best modern video game writing and PS:T takes the mantle. I still prefer KOTOR2 over PS:T personally but that's more subjective than anything

Hang on there. Planescape wants a word with you.
And remind yourself: Chris Avellone delayed the launch of that game for 6 MONTHS because he wanted to give another pass to the game and make sure all the lore tidbits were correct or delivered in the right places.

That's not a subsitute unless it's an actual class on it's own p.ex. alchemist that only uses concoctions of various attribute effects to bring their enemies to heel instead of just relying on melee and ranged todo the job.If just about anyone in the party can use those concoctions then it's just a case of a melee fighter or a ranged fighter (depending the player's playstyle) with a passive skill of creating potions and shit that anyone in the party can use

Oh wait, thread updated, PS was already here

Yeah, it's subjective. I dig D&D plane settings more than Starwars, but Kotor 2 was pretty good too.

In AoD there was "magic" akin to Stalker: there's artefacts and strange shit everywhere that you can collect and maybe study or identify with other Loremasters.
Really, it's more about exploration than hurling fireballs.

There's a squirrel inside my wall running all around the house. He has a family now. It's a really annoying sound to hear him scurry in the walls.
It would be cool if there was an rpg where you shrink yourself down to squirrel size and enter your houses inner walls to do some squirrel battling dungeon crawling.

It has difficulty settings unlike AoD. But you can play Solo on Murderous Psychopath difficulty with Ironman on if you want.

Tip: Crafting is an essential combat skill. Critical Strike is not. Also, store up and use whetstones once you have better (Steel and above) metals, and get a high strength score so you can punch through armors.

Alchemy is also a really good combat skill. Having 2 alchemy is a must just so you can heal yourself instead of burning all your money at the healer's in AoD (or blowing through all your rations in Dungeon Rats). In Dungeon Rats you'll want to put those skills on some noncombat mule though (unless you are playing solo and thus have no choice).

Aside from that, use positioning to your advantage and consider using consumables, aimed strikes, and shield bash or feint maneuvers.

Melee weapons, ranged weapons, nets, and alchemy (poisons, bombs, liquid fire, and other nasty potions). There might be bolas too. You can also inflict various status effects with aimed strikes and weapon masteries (depending on the weapon) and some weapons have special attacks in addition to that.

I'm considereing picking up Dungeon Rats, but there's one last very important detail I must confirm before I spend money on it.
How viable is it to make a character that only crafts and is also social as fuck?
I want a party of Henchmen to follow me around and do my bidding with me even lifting a blade. Is it possible?

(judged)

Completed it twice.
Its fucking trash and removes the good parts of Age of Decadence from it.
The "dungeon" is also rail roaded as fuck with very little freedom to explore. You are essentially going from one encounter to the next
You are always outnumbered and outgeared and have to fight enemies on their terms every single time. There is practically no versatility and you don't get good shit until the end.

The only great part from the game is the ending where you fight dozens of soldiers one after another and absolutely wreck their shit because how better equipped you are.

Fantasy doesn't mean just magic. Also the setting has magic, you just can't use it.

You start the game with a 9/9/8 Ned stark looking mother fucker who can solo the game by himself as your first party member.

So you want to do 10/10 int cha yes you can and the game will be very easy.

Is he ok?

There are literal mages and gods in the setting who can make magical nukes and shit

>magical nukes
They're actual nukes, no magic. Even the radiation from real nukes is there in the crater.
Though, a nuke you can throw like a spear? That's a muslim wet dream.

>They're actual nukes, no magic
They have runes engraved on them

That sounds more like something to do in Age of Decadence (which has a lot of noncombat and social skill heavy paths) as a minimal combat run.

Still, in Dungeon Rats a high charisma means you can pack more party members to place between you and the enemies though. I'd recommend you skill a defensive skill (use block for the shield bonuses) but you can definitely go 4 strength / 6 dex / 6 constitution / 4 perception / 10 int / 10 charisma build and let the others do all the fighting while you make your character a support mule. Consider skilling throwing skill so you can quickly throw poisoned weapons at people. If you want you can just go 4 dex 8 constitution and be more useless in combat yourself while letting everyone else do the fighting. So yes, a high charisma build that lets everyone else do the fighting is definitely doable.

>Though, a nuke you can throw like a spear? That's a muslim wet dream.
They're meant to be fired from ballistae.

It's the instructions manual.
In Latin.

Sadly, AoD doesn't give you party members.
To be more specific, a few years ago I played Arcanum. I rolled a chick with maxed out charisma and kept pumping other social skills throuth the game. This meant that I breezed through non-combat encounters easily, while also breezing through combat with the small army of followers I adquired.

Charisma increases the number of followers you can bring with you at once so it works fine in Dungeon Rats.

As for AoD, Thieves Guild route has a number of fights where you fight with allies. And Imperial Guards has quite a few also, but the only fight where you can use your crafting skills for the crew is the mountain pass fight.

Does it actually say that somewhere in the game or is it just your speculation?

Nah, I'm just joking.
But like the other user said, they weren't really mystical or magic. It was just a weapon they used.
It's pretty much all Ancient Alien Technology.

>It's pretty much all Ancient Alien Technology.
Its more like eldritch abomination technology considering the existence of void and its reality bending creatures

They're just misunderstood.

So it's AoD's TOME?

TOME?

BANE?

The fuck are you smoking? Codex is a bigger dick to retards than 8/v/.

Funny considering Codex:

-Has good taste, while most people on Holla Forums have shit taste
-Has good discussion about video games that aren't raided and derailed by rabid niggers from other boards, like Holla Forums
-Stays on topic and actually manages to discuss video games in a dedicated and devoted manner, unlike Holla Forums, which is filled with putrid culture shit like LOL threads which are for all intents and purposes spam

You have to go back.

Will do. Holla Forums needs to remain a quarantine zone for the garbage infesting video games.

Yeah, yeah, you can stroke their cock all you want. You can also fellate Neofag for being the best place to discuss Playstation games, or Gamefaqs for it's insightfull community or the IGN comment section and it's 4 digit IQ average.

The Sturgeon's Law applies to online communities too, diguns. Hell, offline communities aswell. You have 90% blabbering idiots everywhere and the ocasional 10% blistering genious that ocasionally can be heard over the foaming mass of retards.
This is true on Holla Forums, Neofag, Gamefaqs and believe it or not, even IGN.
You really want to convince me that the Codex is some sort of anomaly where everyone is always right and knows everything and no dissenting opinions or stupid shit happens?

They did the smart thing about gamegate though: toss out the SJW's and GG and let them fight elsewhere. Kinda wish people here did that aswell.

But I consider all of those places on a level of quality equal to Holla Forums. They are shit just like you.

Codex doesn't seem as rulecucked as the other RPG sites. They didn't ban GG, for instance.

Plus, DECLINE is real. I know, I've seen it in every aspect of my life since 2009.

I'm fine with them.

Holla Forums is pure Decline, thats for sure

You do realize that 8ch would literally not exist without GG, right? I don't mean "would still exist as a containment bin for Turks", I mean "would be a 404".

Nothing good has happened since 2009 and it will only get worse.

I can't think of any good games from 2009. The last truly GREAT game I've come across was 2008 when Forged Alliance perfected its genre.

Hey buddy, Holla Forums called and they wanted you back.
Don't bother retuning.

They outright told GG and the SJW's to get the fuck out and go bitchslap eachother somewhere else. Which they did (to twitter and youtube) and the Codex was left to it's own brand of usual faggotry.
It was the only comunity I saw that took the right approach to the whole thing: "Fuck off, we discuss games here, not your genitals."

You don't even know what Holla Forums is, you dumb fuck.
And there was a GG thread available literal years after GG started. You're fucking retarded and you don't even know

so it's good ?

Age of Decadence is an exponentially better game and I would only recommend dungeon rats if you liked the combat in that.

8ch was here before you fucks came aboard.
Not that I disagree with 4chan being shit. Biased moderators today means you get Marketing moderators tomorrow.
I'd still like to see all GG shit on it's own board without spilling over other boards. I can understand talking about Nintendo's censorship, it's a valid topic of concern. But it's more fitting for another board where most of the userbase share your concerns instead of a board where a good chunk of users don't even have a Nintendo console.
Do you expect PC, PS or Xbox fans to put up with a constant stream of threads about Nintendo being retarded silently?
At best they'll drop by and tell you "take it to another board". At worst they'll endlessly shit on those threads about "Nintentodllers".
And then Nintendo fans perceive this an attack on themselves (instead of the threads, because we're all self-centered pricks here, despite the lack of usernames) and decide it's a-okay to shit up threads about games or consoles they themselves don't own either.

After all, if the other bloke down the road is doing it without a ban, why can't I, right?
The thing is, we already have a comunity that was taken to this extreme of shitposting: /int/ and it's many variations. It's an endless cycle of people splitting hairs, in-fighting and then migrating en-masse to some perceived better place that ends up dividing them more and more. Because none of them can actually agree on what's okay to discuss and what's not, and everyone has their own interpretation of the rules (or lack of them) and are functionally unable to work as a comunity for longer than a week.

Neither do you, now any of the /int*/ boards your cancerous "no-rules" phylosphy spawn.
You want a place with no rules and order, take it to the hundreds of dead boards and threads with 10 replies each that the fantastic comunity of "no-rules" there as spawned.

If you were here before GG, you're probably a fucking eastern european. What would your people know about freedom? You fell for the communism meme. Holla Forums? I think you fucking mean kulaks, comrade.

How about both of you cunts fuck off and stop shitting a perfectly fine video game thread?

well it wasn't the worst combat system I've played.

Oh right, I remember that time where 8ch was blocked on all ISP's exept for Ukrainian and Polish one's. Turks had to use a proxy in Moscow aswell.
Try a bit further west mate. Actually try a bit farther from this site, since 8ch was known in other places online aswell even before halfchanners heard of it.
And your atachement to "I'll guess this guys country, that will prove my point" further outs you as the typical /int/ faggot that came straight from halfchan and crossposted on /s4s/.
You're not welcome here. You're missed on freech or 8ch.pl or the other thousand countless shitheaps you lot created because noone wanted you anywhere.
Return there, make some badly copy pasted shoops with impact fonts and announce that you've made another meme to add to the shitpile.

Try going back to Russia with your goddamn rules and your Steel Joe, you slav. Your people are born slaves on a biological level. Anyone who wasn't got purged, and I mean this. You let them ban anime and memes. How do you live with yourself?

user, the reason we go to the codex is because we're tired of putting up with all the retards and fanboys everywhere else. The codex is the kind of place where you can freely talk about why things are retarded, what it takes to make it a better game, and enjoy a solid, in-depth discussion without some idiot barging in to claim it's a flawless masterpiece and you should be grateful for the game you got then whining for moderators to deal with you if you call him out for being the dumbass he is.

8/v/ is not as shit as those places, or I wouldn't be on 8/v/ either. That and I like anonposting.

My favorite part is where the codex mods, when confronted with the usual type of decadent shitposting that occurs on Holla Forums, will instead of chastising the person explaining why the shitposter is a cancerous retard who has wrong opinions, give the shitposters special little badges like "Cuck" that let everyone see what a laughingstock they are. It does wonders to clean up the community.

Yeah, at least there's a positive thing about forums and usernames.
It kinda reminds me of older cRPG's where you'd get titles for certain accomplishments and sometimes NPC's would recognize your PC if you had some of them. Some of them good, and some of them bad.
Childkiller for instance in the first Fallout.

Yes, and?

Your prefrontal cortex has a vodka-and-Marx-shaped divot in it. You can't comprehend freedom like strokies can't comprehend the left sides of their bodies.

I asked what's wrong with banning animes and memes.

You better not be expecting an honest response. He's falseflagging Holla Forums. Or Holla Forums, depends on the thread he posts. It's the latest ruise cruise of /int*/ or goons or GNAA or TRS, who knows.

I also just remembered something. The "titles" I mentioned here were also a thing in AoD. I atleast remember the "Arena Champion" title. And they weren't cosmetic either, being the "Arena Champion" caused some soldiers in the third act to try and start shit with you and see if you're as tough as they say.
Does Dungeon Rats have titles like that? It's one of those little details in cRPG's that I really like.

Nah Dungeon Rats has no titles whatsoever.
Its just a simple romp through a linear dungeon one combat encounter after another.

That's a shame. I expect at least some "Gang Leader" for having a large team and that bypasses some encounters because folks don't wanna mess with a rape squad.
Or "Happy Merchant" so folks know they can trust me and my accute business acuemen.

There's an active GG thread with 2000+ pages. It's not the kind of GG thread we have here, it's more "look at this latest retarded SJWs shit" but that's probably for the better if you consider what GG has become.

Do you honestly think the gopnik you're replying to is willing to wait for Babelfish to mull over the contents of a 2000-post thread?

Codex has Trump emoticons and special MAGA badges for people who supported him.
What is Holla Forums's excuse?

Yeah, those sorts of threads are okay in most places too. And I do kinda agree with them since they pretty much involve pointing at something being dumb as shit and laughing at it.
Kinda like LoL threads, but with fresher content.
They don't really want people coordinating operations though, I can tell you that. Pretty sure they need attention from outsiders the same way we do: none.

Well, at least you read a book or two. That's not bad.

Holla Forums's excuse is not being Holla Forums.
You should instead ask why Holla Forums doesn't have those.
A more serious reason is because we're an imageboard. When you can attach pictures and webm's to your shit, an emoticon doesn't make much sense.

Yeah. I know.

Actually experience from accomplishments (generally quests) is a pretty good system. Kill XP only rewards a specific playstyle. In a game with kill XP stealhys and diplomancers are either not viable or encouraged to kill everything anyway, even if they could (or already have) gotten past it by other means.

The Shadowrun Returns series is probably the best example of this system.

It was that kind of thread from the start. It predated GG then later became the GG thread.

Yanno, those're pretty annoying. Codex goes out of way its way to hide their politics board from accounts that are less than 1 year old, and yet now that theme is leaking politics all over the whole forum.

It is if your game isn't in 90% trash combat.

yeah makes a ton of sense

Stalker Call of Prypiat had something like that.
Some stuff you did in game came with it's own achievement that affected the gameplay.
The most obvious one was the "Survive 3 emissions without cover".
You had to take a pill each time, fall unsconscious during the emission. You'd then awake after sometime. If you did 3 times, you'd be able to survive emissions out in the open. Still took a huge chunk of health, but it was doable. It was great too because you could start a firefight against some tough enemies in the middle of one. As long as you didn't get hit (or patched yourself really quickly) they'd start dropping dead from the psi-storm.

Even more terryfing in some mods:

makes more sense?

Makes more sense?

Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines and Dark Messiah do this flawlessly, you accomplish a mission by any means, you get XP. What matters is what you learned and that you got the job done, not how you did it.

Conversely, Deus Ex Human Revolution did the exact oposite with the expected quality. The whole game consists of sneaking around and non-lethally stealthly taking down everyone for the biggest XP you can get from taking everyone out and then backtrack through the vents for the experience boost, despite vent sneaking no longer being necessary.

OG Dude Sex did this too, get exp for completing objectives, exploration and shit. Not for downing goons.

Codex doesn't have rules except that one time someone got the fucking police to call the admin. So the only rule is "don't do something so fucking stupid you involve the criminal justice system". I mean, PLANE TICKETS BITCH caused no problems. Ultimately that's much different from Holla Forums as far as I understand, when law gets involved anyone will have to do things.

Well, other than the constant moving of threads, but I remain convinced that that's just another form of trolling, like the way DU used to constantly implement and then get rid of different ratings, turning everyone's avatar into raptors wearing fedoras, et cetera.

Er, meant to say that's NOT much different from Holla Forums.

The thing with quest based XP is that you want the same xp for a few minor skill checks as for killing 30 guards. Because you will then pick the skill checks and then get to have an easier game but don't miss out on any rewards.
At least AoD tried to be equally hard for people who wanted to avoid combat as those who wanted to fight, but that's also the reason a lot of people dislike it.

No 4am threads and an incompetent spic "running" the place.

If you want on-topic posting, why not half/v/? Why does everything gotta be made safe for the swarm? Does even the existence of one laissez-faire Holla Forums pose an existential threat?

If I wanted half/v/ I'd participate in 4am threads.
Tripfag galore.

There are no 4am threads on half/v/. Half/v/ is mostly obsessed with the "on-topic" meme.

How do you know?

Personally, I'm okay with 4am theads and even Lol threads. They take one space in the catalog out of the 500 or so we have. Not a big deal. They don't know off other worthwhile threads either, since they mostly self contain there.
I do take issue when those threads start leaking into others. And I'm sure most people who complain about 4am threads complain about it too.
I mean, maybe some folks in the 4am thread are nice fellas and fun to play with. But that kind of thread mostly attracts the /r9k/ folks that also tend to play games. And when they decide that they also want to post on other threads, they tend to not leave the 4am shit in the 4am thread. Kinda like Holla Forums leaking onto other boards, ponyshit making everything about ponies, or pretty much anyone taking inserting shit where it doesn't belonging and hiding behind the "we're allowed to be off-post once in a while".
And even then, it doesn't become a problem while it's actually "once in a while". It becomes a pain when it's "once every other post".

I gotta drop the 1L coffee a day shit, it doesn't replace sleep, that's for sure.

A combat playthrough is infinitely harder than a pacifist one.
The only problem with a pacifist one is doing a balancing act between multiple skills for passing checks and unless you have 8+ intelligence you will have less skill points available than a combat character simply by the virtue of combat characters having more shit available to them.

SJW devs can get to fuck.

Everybody bitches about /r9k/, or Holla Forums, or whatever. You know what I'd like to see, is a purge of the goddamn /cow/fags. Of course, that's never going to happen, because the good part of internet sociopath syndrome is having the kind of social skills that keep your status high and your bans absent.

Eh, /cow/ did some funny things, some less funny things and some things that were outright not funny. They fall for PA requests far mroe than they want to admit.
Kinda share your opinion though, since they atracted a lot of 15 year olds to the site.
And /baph/. They had some good fellas there too, but going public the way they did (twitter, reddit, facebook, every goddamn social net they coudl find) really drag him a whole lot of crap an imageboard doesn't need.

I think they're fine by themselves, but shoudl probably do their business in another site dedicated to it. They indirectly harm the rest of the boards. Imageboards can actually take a small influx of new people everyday. If they don't outnumber the locals, they kinda have to adjust to the comunity, usually by lurking a lot (or getting berated if they don't lurk).
Those two boards (along with Holla Forums) drag in way too many newcomers and I don't see those folks aclimating to the local "culture".
Then again, even if they didn't do any of that, Mr. Hirsohima back in halfchan is fucking up so much that he keeps sending waves and waves of refugees and that's a wholeproblem of another magnitude.
I haven't gone to check, but did he axe any board lately? I saw someone posting here a few months ago that he was gonna do it.

That's where I disagree with you. These faggots have crowned themselves the fucking internet sherriffs. They've got faggots there, full of unwarranted self-importance, talking about people doing "unacceptable" things as a justification for trying to ruin their lives. Any scene like that is gonna attract SJWs and alt-SJWs, because that's what it basically is. SA didn't just magically become Maoist paradise, it always was that, just without the ideology. Communism was just a convenient vehicle for the already-existing disease.

Yeah, 4chan. I don't really go there much, and I'm not too keen on talking about it, because you've got retards here who value their own idiot conception of "site loyalty"– which apparently means not looking at anything other than, of course, Twitter– or you're a goon redditor Holla Forums newfag cuck, but no, they have not axed any boards that I know of.

Extremism breeds extremism. Who knew uh?

Sounds like a shit game if it makes different routes as simple as "a few skill checks".
Deus Ex (the first one) gives you experience for finding alternative routes, secrets and completing both main and secondary tasks but these usually involve talking with an NPC, exploring the environment, hack computers or sneak your way through, all of this do a better job at immersing you with the world and the story than shooting dudes in the head.

You also gotta consider that if you're gonna play an RPG to win it than builds are pointless anyway. At any point, one build will be the best one that can carry you easily throughout the whole game and you have no reason to try something different as that's enough to reach the end.

Meanwhile you have games like Arcanum where you can make a warriors\mage build and pass the game with pure combat, dabble with crafting and use your own inventions to win the game or even go full Social and have your very large party and summons do the combat for you since you're too weak.

It's best to have more variety in options to play the game than forcing the player always to combat or he misses out on experience and you accomplish this by giving him XP for completing tasks regardless of method used but you make each method interesting enough.

What the fuck happened in this thread.

I think I am done messing around with this first character on medium. Going to reroll hard and get decimated

If you like Age of Decadence's combat, Dungeon Rats is a bit better. Making a party out of it does a lot to average out the rolls and add tactical focus to it.

People started talking about the RPG Codex which started some forum wars and gamergate shit.

Western games, not even once.

Why? Age of Decadence was pretty meh, the combat was utter GARBAGE.

explain

Hello friend, I think you might have fallen for the modern "every single game is an RPG". For example, some people add levels/numbers to an action game and call it a RPG. This will lead to confusion when confronted with an actual RPG.

The combat is slow, clunky, badly animated, and just plain not fun. Everyone takes forever to fucking die. I'd say the whole game is utter shit, but people told me the non-combat playthroughs are okay.

You realize you can increase combat animation speed a lot, right?

Damage is still low as fuck, so it takes a million stabs for someone to die, even if surrounded by multiple people attacking him each turn. Shit's fucking dumb and I don't see the point of it. Battles between goyim in heavy armor is even worse.

Age of Decadence = Good story, shitty combat
Dungeon Rats = Hardly any story, good combat

Beat the game on solo, murderous psychopath. It's pretty good. The dev team actually seems to be learning from the mistakes in Age of Decadence and improved the combat system by adding companions and getting better balancing, though ranged and thrown weapons are still overpowered in the hands of the ai. It feels really good to not get kicked around all the time like in AoD, even in battles where you're heavily outnumbered.

The whole thing is just a combat test for the colony ship rpg they're planning, which I'm really looking forward to. A bunch of Christian fundamentalists launch a generation ship towards Alpha Centauri. After several generations, a shipwide mutiny divides the ship into several different factions. It's slated to release in fucking 2020.

With the right build in AoD you could oneshot someone with a dagger. Now, that's an extreme case, but there are plenty of ways to do good damage. The laziest are just applying poisons and having high strength.

PS:T may have the best writing of any videgame but the answer to "what is an RPG" is not "a novel". PS:T's failings preclude it from being a great RPG in my eyes, no matter how much the codex attacks those who go against the consensus.

That sounds fucking awesome.

I found a way to dupe on AoD the latest version.

I'm gonna test if it works on Duengon rats too.

Tested! You can do it on Duengon rats too!

So it doesn't actually dupe it just lets you loot from yourself which is still a glitch but not a dupe.

Wait, what's the glitch?