Next Blizzard Game

It's going to be first person. They were hiring for the next diablo project not long ago. Will they make Diablo into something like borderlands?

Diablo, but with Overwatch gameplay.

Wasn't it already with 3?

I know you're trying to make a cynical joke and I love cynical jokes but it just doesn't work at all.

How exactly is 3 like Borderlands? 3 might not be a good game but mechanically it's nothing like Borderlands besides that there's a concept of loot in both games.

They are now the shallow FPS company.

Truly horrifying.

overwatch expansion or overwatch singleplayer campaign

Its Overwatch: Origins. The Pve borderlands clone. Originally going to be just a graphic novel they decided to cancel it and use the engine for a first person pve looter shooter set during the omnic crisis instead.

Activision-Blizzard already has a first person Diablo 3.

Its called Destiny.

I would be more mad if they hadn't already killed Diablo with 3

I'd believe it.

They literally cancelled an upcoming comic book series about the origins of Overwatch -the team not the game- stating "it no longer reflects the origin and how we want to tell it and have had new ideas".

Some people with no knowledge of games design thinks "just drop reaper in a tunnel full of bots" and it will be an fps campaign but Blizzard works very closely with Bungie now, a few reaper of souls devs were temporarily brought over to work on The Taken King expansion for Destiny, i have no doubt Bungie would be their go to for information about producing a pve campaign. The same company that tried meshing pve and pvp seamlessly with Halo Reach and said "it was a nightmare, never again" hence the hiring for a new engine. Otherwise you risk taking people off overwatch to help with this and then both projects suffer from content delays.

Singleplayer looter Overwatch.
Even more shallow than Boderlands but with better writing and more shitty gimmicks.
Watch it happen, its their new cashcow now that WoW is on its deathbed.

I can imagine Pitchford drinking alone in his bar looking at a video of D.Va going "IS THIS EASY MODE?" and crying softly as he mutters "b-but we said the feminism line…"

Good, hopefully Overwatch dies in 2 years like it should before going F2P.

Oh sweet thing, sweet honey child. Holla Forums will be screaming 'GO HOME OVERCUCKS' till Mark dies of diabetes and his mom finds his link doujins years from now.

Hellgate London already tried that.

They already crushed Gearbox with Overwatch, it would be nice to see them make a game crushing the only IP Gearbox has left.

Its already dying why do you think they did a free weekend?
All the normalfags went back to their MOBAs after binging this trash.
Its slowly but surely fading away.

Too soon man.
Too soon… The universe will end and it will still be too soon remind the pain of what Hellgate could have been and how they Flagshipped themselves.

Come on gentile.

Aint working
Sombra has barely spiked the playerbase.
Its gone up and straight down, game is just too casual and broken.

But did Hellgate London have a multimillion advertising campaign?

Probably. Playboy charged a lot back then.

that and Sombra sucks.

They already made first-person Diablo. It was called Hellgate London and it wasn't terrible.

Too bad nobody played it as everyone was too busy sucking off WoW or moviing to consoles instead.

it doesnt have to make sense. its just 2 games he knows people dont like and he wants (you)s with ebin reaction images

It was pretty terrible

It was kinda shit.

VR shit.

Await the invitable cries of mockery and disgust from the gaming press/ youtube famous people/ blizzard themselves about how people don't like the new diablo because it's first person like a bunch of entitled babies.

Just like they blamed the dislike for 3 on the cartoony graphics.

This makes new Diablo game being in first person seem like decent idea.

If they will kill Bethesda like they killed Gearbox, I would be happy.
I would also be happy to get moddable open-world do-stuff-simulator that is not developed by reatards who cannot optimize it.

But well we are talking Blizzard here it would be no-mods always online game with microtransactions.

Lord, grant me the strength.

Tell me more. Is Legion bleeding subs more than Gaylords of Draenor?

I'm not sure that counts, since being better than Burch writing doesn't take that much effort.

4 million pre-orders, but the game isn't Gaylords of Fagnor numbers of 10.5 million, seems to be bleeding because some people didn't like the D3-style loot shit where you grind day after day for a chance of some shitty legendary, they still won't tell what the sub count is.

this alone makes me think this shit is dying. If it was successful they would be bragging constantly about it.

Legion is still a shitty name for an expansion.

Check the FF14 threads, anons complaining of oldfag blizzdrones migrating to that game and bringing their WoW mentality there.

I know about it, I regularly post in the XIV general. To be honest I see people in game all the time that came from WoW but also an alarming amount of people whose first MMO is FFXIV.

Nobody is moving to FFXIV from WoW. The players over 30 will never leave.