Old people with god-tier taste

Does anybody have stories or know of old people who play niche video games. Not anything like your mom playing Tetris, but I mean like your grandmother reading Visual Novels.
My grandma played her Genesis every day. for about the ten years I knew her before she past away, but for the most part she would play Monopoly and Columns, but every once in I while I would catch her playing games like Steel Empire, Hang-on, and Streets of Rage. She was so cool and I always looked up to her. I don't think many people can say their grandma enjoys playing games like Steel Empire. If it wasn't for her, I wouldn't be as big into video games as I am now.

Anybody else have elders that have good taste in video games or play niche games?

My cousin was a casual gamer in that he didn't play a lot of videogames or particularly care much about the medium, but whatever and whenever he did play he played the good shit and was pretty skilled. He introduced me to og Castlevania, Ultima 7, and bought me Diablo 2 at launch. He's still pretty cool even if he hasn't played vidya for several years (decades?) now

I once ran into a twitch player who was 65 while he was playing GTA5 and he seemed nice although I didn't spend too much time there, so that was something. He had been playing since the late 70s so he'd probably have a lot of interesting gaming stories and opinions to share.

There's being a retard with shit taste, then there's this faggot

I mean, it would be pretty cool to walk in on your grandfather playing something like Kamidori.

how old is old?

5 years later

What would you say to grandpa if you walked into his room and saw this?

When I was a child, my father would take my brothers and I to arcades. This was mid eighties and it was amazingly good times in my memory. He always played Bagman while we ran off to our machines. I remember asking him what he liked about Bagman, he said he liked the noise Bagman made when he died…
He liked and completed Myst when in down times at the office, remarked that it was hard.
It always impressed me that he played at all as my other relatives wouldn't even try SMB to appease their excited young relatives no matter how much they begged.

I don't know anyone but there's this old guy on twitch who streams himself playing runescape all the time. He's such a nice old man. It was really sad though because keemstar ended up falsely accusing him of being a pedophile and he cried on stream.

Are ya wining gramps?

"I'm nowhere near as good as your grandmother"

I would do the same thing my grandpa did when he walked into my room and saw me playing a rapey VN: tell him I brought him lunch, and that it's waiting on the kitchen table, then casually leave the room, never revealing his secret to anyone.

Miss you, Grandpa…

My recently deceased grandad played half life and flight simulators, but his favourite game was command and conquer: red alert 2.

He loved the depth of strategy in the game and the tactics he found even playing against the AI opponent.

I have an old family friend who has actually been like a father figure in my life. He's had such a shitty childhood with his Dad trying to kill him as a kid, and actually giving him brain damage. Dude is basically sixty-years old and told us recently he has leukemia. It's not serious yet. But just needs to be monitored for now.

Anyway, I remember him having strategy games on his computer like Shogun: Total War, Age of Empires II, Medieval: Total War, Rome: Total War and Age of Empires III. Only issue is that he's kind of a senile idiot who believes everything on the TV, especially about Trump. But he's starting to wise up and realizing that the media has been cherry picking shit about Trump. Dude is also against Muslims when it comes to them trying to introduce Sharia Law and them not following the rules and customs of our country. I quite like him.

My grandpa still plays Red Alert.

i recall back in old/v/, around 2012-2013 there were this youtube links to an old lady (probably over 60) playing an reviewing random games

forgot the name though

I remember that, what an asshole.

So he has brain damage and likes RTS. tbh I'm not surprised.

"Grandma, I didn't know you were into shota"

I had an uncle who introduced me to flight simulators and basic computer shit when I was about 7-8 years old (and that was like microsoft flight simulator 3.0). He was a pretty cool guy, and I would have liked to have gotten to know him better, but he lives in Europe and had a falling out with the rest of my family a decade ago, and now he's had a couple strokes and is probably not long for the world.

Where I live Age of Empires 2 is the go-to old man game.

Not really, anybody in my life that had any semblance of having good taste in video games have long since either given up on playing video games or have become more casual.

When I was younger I remember my mother being able to speedrun and beat Alex Kidd in Miracle World but nowadays she plays Candy Crush and has the typical normalfag view of video games with her once telling me that a game in 3D is automatically better than any 2D game.

My uncle used to have quite an interest in video games and he was the only person I knew who bought a Sega CD. Nowadays he's had to put it on the backburner since he has his own family but he's usually interested in what games I'm playing.

Sort of related as well is that I remember a few years ago a news story on the BBC about a woman in her 80s or 90s who plays video games to help with her concentration, I think. They were showing clips of various games she was playing, with GTA and the like you'd expect in these stories and then out of nowhere there's a clip of her playing Disgaea (I forget which one).

My brother got me into Ragnarok Online, Metal Slug and a few other games. He also showed me how piracy works.
I was unwanted child so there's a difference of 14 years between us. I don't know anyone older who plays vidya.