Why did we never get GBA games on the 3DS eshop?

Why did we never get GBA games on the 3DS eshop?

They don't all work properly and Nintendo wanted Sleep Mode to work like it does with other games.

because nintendo needs something to use to sell the switch

because you're a cuck

Because the 3DS has hardware that costs about $0.50 to manufacture.

Sorry that the redditfags invaded your thread, OP. I bet they actually think their replies are funny.

A cheap ARM9 off of Digikey costs about $6
A cheap ARM1136JF-S off of Digikey costs about $20

The top and bottom LCDs cost $6 each.

The other assemblies for the 3DS do not cost as much as the ARM11 does. I can't find any ARM11 MPCores on Digikey (or any other retailer) so my guess is that it isn't a consumer available part, and you'd have to go through ARM directly to purchase it.

I have worked / currently work with MCU companies in the past (specifically NXP). This shit gets heavily discounted when you buy in the millions of units / negotiate. Even with the cost of the lead R&D Time it does not cost $50 to manufacture a 3DS system.

Or are you just a faggot?

Anecdotal evidence isn't factual evidence, user, so no, you're the faggot.

Chew you havisfact etc.
Seriously, this board could be saved in one night if people were to start receiving bans for unsubstantiated claims.

Sorry, I forgot Nintendobabies get fussy when their hugbox gets rustled.

you aren't doing a very good job at countering his point. Kind of makes you look like a nintendrone. His claims are reasonable, and even then I quite literally just googled it and found identical results to what he proposed.

u r a fag

last I heard nintendo was dissatisfied with the emulation for the GBA on the 3DS. Whatever that means, I don't know. Their emulation standards seem to be all over the fucking place. The NES Classic is a good example.

user you really need to get your shit in check.

You have no idea how the IC industry works.

Hopefuly my anecdotal evidence doesn't trigger any of you but earlier this year were were looking to buy ~20m of a specific IC a year. This IC usually costs around $2.00 on Digikey, we got the price of said IC down to sub $1 values through negotiation and the specific yield we were asking for.

That's not the problem: the problem is that his claims don't apply to Nintendo. They apply to himself. Maybe if user actually had a document telling us how much Nintendo pays to manufacture a 3DS unit or at the very least a document showing us how much each component costs he would have something to stand on, but he doesn't. Anecdotal evidence has never been good evidence. How new are you if you believe that?

So? That's not the point. Post something concrete instead of "this is what I know from personal experiences".

do you seriously think nintendo isn't getting the same or even better deals for mass orders of components?

Really, like, think about it for a second. 88a173 being some shlub of an user who likely worked at a desk or interning with some engineers probably passing on order papers to accounting–

really, this isn't even worth going into, are you this stupid?

No, of course not. The problem here is that I don't believe anecdotal evidence. That's it, nothing more. You and 88a173 are the stupid ones who don't seem to get that.

anecdote in a reasonable context is perfectly fine. The numbers add up on a consumer level, it is only logical, considering anyone who has had any job where any sort of merchandise or supplies gets replenished knows that ordering in massive quantities results in a discount. His anecdote is perfectly applicable and is connected with a logical, reasonable foundation. Have you even taken the time to look up digikey? Or the components described? Any time at all?

No, it isn't.
Post the numbers then.

see:
are you also a rational atheist skeptic who wears sunglasses indoors

Those aren't real numbers, user. I want actual lists of product serial numbers and their prices.

It's a privilege given only to ambassadors, people that bought their 3ds before the price drop. If you want to play gba games then you need to jailbreak it.

They got a bunch of them working and put them out for the ambassador games but decided that since they couldn't get them working with every single feature they wanted they just shouldn't bother actually selling them. If they did it solely based on the lack of features they're fucking idiots, GBA games would have sold tons on the 3DS and people would've dealt with no sleep mode or save states or whatever. A flashy universal UI is not an outright necessity and breaking it definitely isn't a reason to exclude a huge range of media from your store. If the games were a pain in the ass to get playing on the 3DS and they only expected other games to be worse then I understand but as far as I know none of the ambassador games had any issues so that seems unlikely.

that's not anecdotal evidence. Anecdotal evidence is like 'my dad told me they cost $50 dollars to produce'. Basically every religious belief ever is anecdotal evidence 'a book says it'.
This is an estimate based on approximations.